Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link and the information, BeanE.

Does that mean he came home from work sometime before, or during the afternoon? In one of the televised interviews this morning (I think it was GMA) Kaine H. told the reporter he went to work that morning. I don't remember if he said that "morning," or that "day." He didn't volunteer that he was home that afternoon.

I haven't seen a thing that says he went to work that morning, or where work was (at the Intel office, at an office in his home). I'm not going to speculate or assume. I'm going to wait until LE or Kaine tells us where Kaine was at the time of Kyron's disappearance, because right now, I just don't know.

Yes STEADFAST, I was thinking tho if he did go to the office for a bit he would have been driving the red Mustang as Terri took the truck at approx 8am, right? This might be a bit O/T, but Kyron's project simply folded up and would easily have fit in the back of the Mustang w/ the diorama being set on the back seat. It does raise a question IMO, maybe not a huge one tho as to why she would drive the white truck when the Mustang would probably work just fine.

ETA: On further thought if she got back home right away, say 9am, he'd have his truck.

My son has a 2 door Mustang he is always borrowing my SUV to transport things, because it's hard to get them into the back seat.

BBM

Waltzingmatilda,

If you don't mind answering, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.

Who do you believe is making Terri a scapegoat? I am also curious about the rest of your post that I bolded and copied below:

"Nellie, I kind of wonder the same thing about the SM being used as a scapegoat. I think the questionaire was a tool used to expand on a statement(s) made by someone else and SM was the avenueto glean information." (waltzingmatilda)

If I understand your thinking here, I wonder if LE would risk Terri H's reputation this way. It seems that having her photo, along with the pointed questionnaire out there, for the world to see and wonder about, would have had to been a decision that was not made lightly.

Thanks in advance if you want to discuss this.

I see your point and it is well taken. I am sure it was not a decision that was made lightly. I guess I am looking at this as an avenue to rule her out, (since she was the one who last saw Kyron) as much as it is to determine if she is involved. I have a step daughter myself and would readily agree to such a thing if it would help find her or if I knew I had nothing to hide. I might even suggest it myself because I would be desperate to find her.

I also am curious if LE was trying to glean more information from someone that we aren't aware of.

This is all speculation on my part and I really don't know how I would react or what I would do as I've never been through anything like this. I am, however, just trying to look outside the box. I have no clue as to LE's tactics or why they do the things they do.

One thing I do know is that I get more confused about this case every day.:crazy:

wm

My son has a 2 door Mustang he is always borrowing my SUV to transport things, because it's hard to get them into the back seat.
Hi Clown, I was thinking the posterboard would fold up to a 2 x 3' flat package. His desk couldn't have been more than 2' across, right?

Let's get back on the thread topic. Interview discussion.

This is not a theory thread. There is a Was Kaine at work thread that debate belong on that thread.

Thanks.

I imagine it wasn't easy for Kaine doing those interviews. On top of his Son missing, he also has to deal with fingers pointing at his wife as well as the conviction of his brother making (inter)national news. Mom brought tears to my eyes. I hope they find this little guy really soon.

I was impressed with the interviews this morning-- they were comfortably composed, united, and focused on Kyron's return. My hinky meter was flat. :crazy:

I was impressed with the interviews this morning-- they were comfortably composed, united, and focused on Kyron's return. My hinky meter was flat. :crazy:

I noticed how Desiree immediately chimed in when Kaine was asked about suspicions regarding Terri.

I am back to my thought that a stranger somehow took Kyron or someone other than immediate family--but known to Kyron.

My heart breaks for this family. They are living a nightmare.

I have to say that watching these videos, their demeanor as well as what they say, neither of them seems suspicious of stepmom; both seem to think it's a stranger abduction.

It leads me to further believe that stepmom had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

:cow:

I felt very weird after this interview.
I feel like Kaine was making it seem like they were not sure if Kyron was at school. But by now it seems like he had to be there.
"yeah I saw him that morning before leaving for work"
"and uh, to the best of my knowledge he went in for uh, a science fair, to um, go over a project that he had put together on red eyed tree frogs and uh that was the last time that people saw him"

Kaine seemed like he was very angry, defensive and heartbroken and trying to keep that to himself.

It also seemed like they tried to brush over the lie detector test. Did she not take them? Did she fail them? Will she not talk to them about the tests?

"and the step mom has taken two lie detector tests now, is that correct?"
"umm she's cooperating with investigators as are we."

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4254978/kyron-hormans-parents-speak-out

There are some things that should not become areas of contradiction/confusion and whether Kaine was at work, at home working or half and half, is one of them, for me. It does begin to sound exactly like Ron Cummings. We don't know, 16 months later, what time RC went to work or what time he left work. This is such a simple thing, in Kaine's case, that could have been cleared up easily today and somehow, it wasn't. Why not? How on earth could clarifying this info (and ending one area of speculation) "hurt the investigation?"

In general, I am so over all of this secrecy, initiated by LE, as it only leads me down the path of believing they are are way out of their league in this case. If they have TH in their sights and have not been able to move forward, seemingly an inch, in three weeks time...well, guess what, maybe she does not know anything, or else she is willing to hold on until you prove it. Do you have a plan B, LE? Or are you just going to interview her forever? (again, like Cummings case. God forbid if they are using that one as a model.)

Sorry-OT. But frustration level is growing off the charts for me and I am far away and childless, can only imagine that of some parents and locals.

I see your point and it is well taken. I am sure it was not a decision that was made lightly. I guess I am looking at this as an avenue to rule her out, (since she was the one who last saw Kyron) as much as it is to determine if she is involved. I have a step daughter myself and would readily agree to such a thing if it would help find her or if I knew I had nothing to hide. I might even suggest it myself because I would be desperate to find her.

I also am curious if LE was trying to glean more information from someone that we aren't aware of.

This is all speculation on my part and I really don't know how I would react or what I would do as I've never been through anything like this. I am, however, just trying to look outside the box. I have no clue as to LE's tactics or why they do the things they do.

One thing I do know is that I get more confused about this case every day.:crazy:

wm
Thanks so much for your response, Waltzingmatilda.

seeking truth

I have to say that watching these videos, their demeanor as well as what they say, neither of them seems suspicious of stepmom; both seem to think it's a stranger abduction.

It leads me to further believe that stepmom had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

yeah what BeanE & Quiche & Kelley said.

except that ... I think, sadly, that it's someone who was familiar with Kyron and the school.

Been thinking this since the get-go.

Time for a profile. Time to pressure school staff to focus on & disclose any questionable behavior of staff/students/parents?? I hope they've been running down all of these avenues simultaneous with the interrogations of the family.

I felt very weird after this interview.
I feel like Kaine was making it seem like they were not sure if Kyron was at school. But by now it seems like he had to be there.
"yeah I saw him that morning before leaving for work"
"and uh, to the best of my knowledge he went in for uh, a science fair, to um, go over a project that he had put together on red eyed tree frogs and uh that was the last time that people saw him"

Kaine seemed like he was very angry, defensive and heartbroken and trying to keep that to himself.

It also seemed like they tried to brush over the lie detector test. Did she not take them? Did she fail them? Will she not talk to them about the tests?

"and the step mom has taken two lie detector tests now, is that correct?"
"umm she's cooperating with investigators as are we."

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4254978/kyron-hormans-parents-speak-out

BBM That statement did strike me as odd, like he wasn't completely certain of those "facts".

In general, I am so over all of this secrecy, initiated by LE, as it only leads me down the path of believing they are are way out of their league in this case. If they have TH in their sights and have not been able to move forward, seemingly an inch, in three weeks time...well, guess what, maybe she does not know anything, or else she is willing to hold on until you prove it. Do you have a plan B, LE? Or are you just going to interview her forever? (again, like Cummings case. God forbid if they are using that one as a model.)

Thanks for taking the words right out of my mouth. I'm scared this is gonna turn into another case where an arrest will never be made, and the truth will never be learned. I'm with you.. I think LE is in over their head. I heard one officer say yesterday, "we're progressing." How, exactly?? :banghead:

Bioparents - Friday June 25 2010

National News

ABC News - The Early Show
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/article/kyrons-parents-emotional-plea-home/story?id=11010421

NBC The Today Show - Search for Missing Ore. Boy Continues
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/37918943#37918943

NBC The Today Show - Oregon Boy's Parents Speak Out
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/37918943#37918978

CBS The Early Show - Kyron Horman's Parents: Stepmom Wants Him Found
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/25/earlyshow/main6617351.shtml

CBS News - Kyron Horman's Parents Still Searching
[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6617334n"]Kyron Horman's Parents Still Searching - CBS News Video[/ame]

Local News

Fox12 Oregon - KPTV - Boy's Parents: 'We Will Not Stop Until We Find You'
http://www.kptv.com/news/24037919/detail.html

Fox12 Oregon - KPTV - Transcript Of Interview With Kyron Horman Parents
http://www.kptv.com/news/24037919/detail.html

KGW - Kyron Horman's parents talk one-on-one with KGW
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-Hormans-parents-talk-one-on-one-with-KGW-97153384.html

KING5 - Kyron Horman's parents speak to local, national media
http://www.king5.com/news/Kyron-Hormans-parents-speak-to-local-national-media-97159939.html

KOIN6 - Kyron's mom: 'He doesn't like to wander off'
http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...ike-to-wander-off/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Or, it could be that they're in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members