Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly disagree. I wouldn't be surprised if Terri had developed PTSD from the horrible way she's been treated. One minute she has a family, a home, her children around her. The next thing you know, her stepson's been abducted, she's being vilified on national television as a murderer, her husband runs off with their daughter, she's pushed out of her home, vigilantes post her photo online with a target drawn over it. It's going to take a long time to heal from all of that.

I don't like what Desiree's doing, the hate campaign she's started running when she went to Roseburg last February. It's dangerous. This is the kind of thing that fires up mentally unbalanced people and leads them to commit acts of violence. We know that innocent people can get caught in the crossfire. And this kind of campaign is also self-defeating. Because Desiree's totally focused on Terri, people might not think about looking for Kyron in other places. A good example of this is the billboard Desiree put up in Roseburg which lacked Kyron's last name, details about his appearance and age, and contact information.

Desiree says she sent Terri the same letter she read. So what was her purpose in reading it on national television? Surely it wasn't to build a bridge to Terri.

BBM: Respectfully, I disagree ...

Desiree's actions have nothing to do with "hate" ...

Desiree's actions are because of the LOVE she has as a Mother -- and the answers she does NOT have because her son Kyron has been MISSING for over a 1 1/2 years now !

IMO ... Desiree has handled the circumstances with "class" ... which is something I would NOT have been able to do ... lol... :innocent: ...:innocent:

IMO ... there is nothing worse than NOT KNOWING THE TRUTH ... and Desiree and Kyron's family and friends want -- and DESERVE ANSWERS as to what happened to Kyron ...

And IMO ... Terrie HAS ALL the ANSWERS for Desiree ... Terrie has not cooperated with LE and "lawyered up" ... and that right there "says it all" ... IMO, that is what I would call "hate" -- when you do nothing to assist in finding your "missing step-son" ... MOO ...

Prayers that Kyron will be home for THIS Christmas !

MOO ...

I am afraid Kyron's case is going to become a "poster case" as to how helpless LE really is when the victim is never found...JMO.

She is an amazing woman. I have a ton of respect for Desiree.
I hope we can find Kyron so that his Mom will NOT have to be one of those families 30 years from now.
:praying:

I strongly disagree. I wouldn't be surprised if Terri had developed PTSD from the horrible way she's been treated. One minute she has a family, a home, her children around her. The next thing you know, her stepson's been abducted, she's being vilified on national television as a murderer, her husband runs off with their daughter, she's pushed out of her home, vigilantes post her photo online with a target drawn over it. It's going to take a long time to heal from all of that.

I don't like what Desiree's doing, the hate campaign she's started running when she went to Roseburg last February. It's dangerous. This is the kind of thing that fires up mentally unbalanced people and leads them to commit acts of violence. We know that innocent people can get caught in the crossfire. And this kind of campaign is also self-defeating. Because Desiree's totally focused on Terri, people might not think about looking for Kyron in other places. A good example of this is the billboard Desiree put up in Roseburg which lacked Kyron's last name, details about his appearance and age, and contact information.

Desiree says she sent Terri the same letter she read. So what was her purpose in reading it on national television? Surely it wasn't to build a bridge to Terri.

Then let's hear Teri start talking! I'm ready whenever she is!

Teri brought this all on herself. All the lies she told. She only has herself to blame. MOO!

BBM I totally agree with this, I wasn't on websleuths when Kyron went missing, I just remember seeing it in the news. Followed it for a bit when it was hot in the news. I thought Terri was arrested for his murder and case closed. It wasn't until I was looking in this forum recently that I realized that not only has Terri not been arrested for murder, but after reading all the threads here that it's quite possible that Terri wasn't involved at all and Kyron was abducted from school by a stranger. I could have seen Kyron every day for the last 6 months and not known b/c I didn't know his body wasn't found. It's sad and scary that he could be alive living a mere few hours away and no one know.

I agree that kaine knows more about the situation with Terry than he is talking about. Certainly Desiree believes that to be the case and I can understand why. Her little boy is missing and she wants information and answers, some sadly that she may never know. It kills me to look at pictures of Kyron and all of the missing children and not know the answers, for Desiree this a nightmare beyond comprehension.

If Kaine, or Terry for that matter did not reach out prior to Kyron's disappearance if there was something going on, IMO they did so because they were scared about how it would reflect on them. They did not put Kyron first.

And look where that has landed them. Kaine may be continuing to not talk to Desiree about what was going on and look where they are at, parents that should be firmly united in putting their missing son first are unable to do so because Kaine's actions have made it virtually impossible for Desiree to trust him.

Kaine's hiding behind his ego is, IMO similar to Terry hiding behind her lawyer because both of them are preventing LE from getting the full picture of what was going on in the home prior to Kyron's disappearance. YKWIM? So I hope, at the very least Kaine has talked to LE about this, even if he is not spilling the beans to Terry.

It takes a considerable effort to consider how Terry is doing. I do however worry about Kaine, what Desiree's, Brook's, the media's opinions are about him. Again, I hope he has talked to LE about everything, but I'm not to confident he has.

I'm not saying that Desiree is not responsible for her actions if she is preventing the public from looking at other scenarios, but can you blame her considering past and present actions of TH and Kaine? I really don't think I can.

I wish I would have seen the show.

My thoughts and prayers are with Kyron's parents and that angels are with Kyron wherever he is. And God bless Vinnie, Jane, everyone here and Desiree for keeping Kyron's story out there regardless of whether or not Desiree is pointing us in the wrong direction.

Makes one really wonder what was do uniquely horrible about being married to Kaine!

Maybe she is just trying to get into Terry's mind to make a connection.

My heart goes out to Desiree, and I think of her anguish every time I see a picture of Kyron here on the forum.

However, I'm not really into blaming marriage to Kaine for Terri's meltdown and drinking. I don't really buy the constant post-partum depression defense either.

Let's recall a few things:

In her previous marriage she was able to persuade a man to give her child support for a child that wasn't his. She's a manipulator and marries for money - use them and lose them.

In this marriage, one of her "problems" was that she resented taking care of Kyron and found fault with the child at every turn, forcing him to stay in his room at night for hours, making his teachers give her "reports" about him, and lying about undiagnosed seizures she believed he was having which could be just as well be explained by normal behavior or by a child who knows someone is never on his side (which she didn't want Kaine to know).

It's obvious that Terri favored her own daughter over Kyron, even replacing her in school photographs with Kyron's class while he was out of the room (then blaming him for having to go to the bathroom). :maddening:

While I think Kaine might have been wearing blinders about just how far gone Terri was, I think many of her problems came from her own mind. Let's ask ourselves ~ was her life so horrible? She had the American dream in many ways with her third marriage, and plenty of free time to do whatever she wanted while Kyron was at school - such as hanging around with her friend DeDe.

But instead of finding contentment, she wanted to fool around sexting with near-strangers and plotting to kill her husband! If we blame Kaine, then we are blaming another victim, in my opinion. He might not be the perfect husband, but he didn't deserve all this either, or the loss of Kyron. I understand Desiree's frustration and anger, but lashing out at Kaine won't bring Kyron back for either of them.

Personally, I think TH would just laugh at that letter - that's how sick she is.

While Kaine definitely should have intervened on the alcoholism for the sake of his children, I think there were many sides to Terri and during the day, she was able to be a high-functioning person. She fooled lots of people into thinking she was Mrs. Homeroom Mom and Mrs. Workout and Mrs. Perfect Mom.

My heart still breaks every time I see Desiree's concern,beseeching this coldhearted mother to share what she has done with Kyron. I wish there was something LE could do ,or Kaine would do. I cannot imagine a woman who has given birth can be that cold ,calculating to rip away some other woman's child.I do think she is so overwhelmed with hate & jealousy that she will not likely has the humanity to respond to Desiree . Don't forget the murder for hire she planned for Kaine!!:maddening:

I don't understand Terri either. Something is missing here. Not only has she shut Desiree down, she's allowed Kaine to have custody of the child she gave birth to. It confuses me completely. I don't know how she could have done either things (either things being allowing Kyron to disappear and the lack of fight for her daughter). Some people think she caused Kyrons disappearance because KH dismissed her older son. To me that theory doesn't work because she didn't fight for her daughter. I think TH is living a life of fear and might have managed to have some fight in her if the murder for hire plot never existed. She knew her goose was cooked when Kyron went missing because the mfh plot would be discovered and those dots would connect quite easily. If her divorce lawyer is any good we'll learn volumes about their marriage and perhaps we'll find out what was going on.

I don't understand Terri either. Something is missing here. Not only has she shut Desiree down, she's allowed Kaine to have custody of the child she gave birth to. It confuses me completely. I don't know how she could have done either things (either things being allowing Kyron to disappear and the lack of fight for her daughter). Some people think she caused Kyrons disappearance because KH dismissed her older son. To me that theory doesn't work because she didn't fight for her daughter. I think TH is living a life of fear and might have managed to have some fight in her if the murder for hire plot never existed. She knew her goose was cooked when Kyron went missing because the mfh plot would be discovered and those dots would connect quite easily. If her divorce lawyer is any good we'll learn volumes about their marriage and perhaps we'll find out what was going on.

I don't think we will learn much from her side, as I think that would mean her testifying. I think the divorce will be a great anti-climax, with nothing new revealed that will lead to Kyron, JMO.

I think if Terri's defense lawyer was worried about this case going to trial, he would be a lot more active in the media. He would want to do everything possible to influence potential juror members. There is no one speaking out on Terri's behalf, and I don't think it's because she has zero supporters, but because no one is worried about this case progressing. If Terri was arrested and this case was set to go to trial in a couple of years, then I think you would see her defense lawyer(s) in the media a lot more. At this point, Terri doesn't want to help publicize the case, or put herself under more scrutiny.

She did have a chance to help Kyron when he begged not to be brought back up to Portland. I'll never understand why she didn't take him seriously and look into WHY?

Actually, I believe that it was stated by Desiree at some point--and confirmed by Kaine in an interview--that Desiree did talk to Kaine about letting Kyron live with her and Tony Young. Considering that Kyron's father, Kaine, has physical custody of Kyron, it would not be an easy thing to just change Kyron's living arrangements. If you consider the fact that school was almost finished, and Kyron was to spend time with his mother and stepfather during the summer once school was let out, who really knows whether or not Kyron's living arrangements would have changed? Would it have been logical to pull a young child out of a school he is comfortable and familiar with during the school year and change his residence? Besides, by all appearances Kyron was a well-cared for child. I don't believe that anyone--besides Terri herself--had even an inkling of how much she was starting to resent Kyron. I really don't believe that Kaine himself even realized the extent of what was going on.

Makes one really wonder what was do uniquely horrible about being married to Kaine!

Maybe she is just trying to get into Terry's mind to make a connection.

I'd go with your second suggestion, that Desiree is just trying to get into Terri's mind to make a connection. Considering that Desiree Young's husband is a member of law enforcement, I would speculate that he is also involved in this attempt to appeal to Terri as "the poor, misunderstood victim". Unfortunately, I don't believe that it will make any difference with Terri Moulton Horman though. Sociopaths don't have any empathy or compassion for others.

I don't think we will learn much from her side, as I think that would mean her testifying. I think the divorce will be a great anti-climax, with nothing new revealed that will lead to Kyron, JMO.

I agree. If she was to bash Kaine in the divorce proceedings it could make her some headway in the divorce but at the same time she would be giving herself a motive to hurt Kaine through Kyron, or the MFH.

I agree that kaine knows more about the situation with Terry than he is talking about. Certainly Desiree believes that to be the case and I can understand why. Her little boy is missing and she wants information and answers, some sadly that she may never know. It kills me to look at pictures of Kyron and all of the missing children and not know the answers, for Desiree this a nightmare beyond comprehension.

If Kaine, or Terry for that matter did not reach out prior to Kyron's disappearance if there was something going on, IMO they did so because they were scared about how it would reflect on them. They did not put Kyron first.

And look where that has landed them. Kaine may be continuing to not talk to Desiree about what was going on and look where they are at, parents that should be firmly united in putting their missing son first are unable to do so because Kaine's actions have made it virtually impossible for Desiree to trust him.

Kaine's hiding behind his ego is, IMO similar to Terry hiding behind her lawyer because both of them are preventing LE from getting the full picture of what was going on in the home prior to Kyron's disappearance. YKWIM? So I hope, at the very least Kaine has talked to LE about this, even if he is not spilling the beans to Terry.

It takes a considerable effort to consider how Terry is doing. I do however worry about Kaine, what Desiree's, Brook's, the media's opinions are about him. Again, I hope he has talked to LE about everything, but I'm not to confident he has.

I'm not saying that Desiree is not responsible for her actions if she is preventing the public from looking at other scenarios, but can you blame her considering past and present actions of TH and Kaine? I really don't think I can.

I wish I would have seen the show.

My thoughts and prayers are with Kyron's parents and that angels are with Kyron wherever he is. And God bless Vinnie, Jane, everyone here and Desiree for keeping Kyron's story out there regardless of whether or not Desiree is pointing us in the wrong direction.

Not sure about this, but, didn't Desiree say at one point that Terri wanted Kyron to go live with her (Desiree) but Kaine would not allow it?

You know, that's so true. I can't get my head around it. If the mfh is true, wouldn't she know that someone could come forward with info about that once news came out about a missing little boy who just happens to be her stepson? I mean, her face would be in the news and so would Kaine's, the man she supposedly wanted dead.

My heart goes out to Desiree, and I think of her anguish every time I see a picture of Kyron here on the forum.

However, I'm not really into blaming marriage to Kaine for Terri's meltdown and drinking. I don't really buy the constant post-partum depression defense either.

Let's recall a few things:

In her previous marriage she was able to persuade a man to give her child support for a child that wasn't his. She's a manipulator and marries for money - use them and lose them.

In this marriage, one of her "problems" was that she resented taking care of Kyron and found fault with the child at every turn, forcing him to stay in his room at night for hours, making his teachers give her "reports" about him, and lying about undiagnosed seizures she believed he was having which could be just as well be explained by normal behavior or by a child who knows someone is never on his side (which she didn't want Kaine to know).

It's obvious that Terri favored her own daughter over Kyron, even replacing her in school photographs with Kyron's class while he was out of the room (then blaming him for having to go to the bathroom). :maddening:

While I think Kaine might have been wearing blinders about just how far gone Terri was, I think many of her problems came from her own mind. Let's ask ourselves ~ was her life so horrible? She had the American dream in many ways with her third marriage, and plenty of free time to do whatever she wanted while Kyron was at school - such as hanging around with her friend DeDe.

But instead of finding contentment, she wanted to fool around sexting with near-strangers and plotting to kill her husband! If we blame Kaine, then we are blaming another victim, in my opinion. He might not be the perfect husband, but he didn't deserve all this either, or the loss of Kyron. I understand Desiree's frustration and anger, but lashing out at Kaine won't bring Kyron back for either of them.

Personally, I think TH would just laugh at that letter - that's how sick she is.

While Kaine definitely should have intervened on the alcoholism for the sake of his children, I think there were many sides to Terri and during the day, she was able to be a high-functioning person. She fooled lots of people into thinking she was Mrs. Homeroom Mom and Mrs. Workout and Mrs. Perfect Mom.

:rocker: :tyou: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What if there's nothing for her to tell?

How about just NOT refusing to talk, because obviously, there are more questions for her to answer.

There is something to say if there are still questions. Like, where was Terri during the missing time?

If Terri knows a single thing, an ounce, about Kyron's disapearance, showing some integrity and passing on that info, even confidentially, would be a game changer in her life and it would give her an amazing sense of self worth- to know that she has the potential to help to right the wrong.

Otherwise, if Kyron is never found, whomever knows anything about his disappearance is like someone choosing to hold Desiree and Kaine down in a hell that they can never escape. Their DNA, hopes, dreams, and some of the best parts of who they are are tied up in Kyron. Life will never be the same.

Let them go, Terri.

How about just NOT refusing to talk, because obviously, there are more questions for her to answer.

There is something to say if there are still questions. Like, where was Terri during the missing time?

If Terri knows a single thing, an ounce, about Kyron's disapearance, showing some integrity and passing on that info, even confidentially, would be a game changer in her life and it would give her an amazing sense of self worth- to know that she has the potential to help to right the wrong.

Otherwise, if Kyron is never found, whomever knows anything about his disappearance is like someone choosing to hold Desiree and Kaine down in a hell that they can never escape. Their DNA, hopes, dreams, and some of the best parts of who they are are tied up in Kyron. Life will never be the same.

Let them go, Terri.

But what if she has told them all she knows? I know that 99% of this board have "convicted" her, but I am just not so certain she could not only "outsmart" the FBI, Secret Service, etc. but also manage to keep the alleged "associate(s)" many think she had also quiet for 19 months. Desiree has made it clear she believes Terri is guilty, I don't think she really just wants to chat with Terri for old-times sake. She wants TH to confess and tell her where Kyron is; if TH truly doesn't know, I doubt Desiree would ever believe her. I'm not even sure Desiree could change her opinion if someone else was eventually proven to have taken him, nor am I sure that some others could either. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper