LA - 1-year old boy survives 2 days in ditch near where his 4-year old brother is found dead - Jul. 9, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score
Wow. You can tell how emotional the Sheriff was during the presser.
From the above link:
“We looked at this one-year-old, he was our miracle baby because he was still alive,” Guillory said. “Unbelievable. This kid spent two days out in the weather on the side of the highway thank god that trucker saw him when you look at the video here he was, you know, crawling toward the highway.”

UPDATE: Body identified, mother arrested, sibling found crawling in ditch near interstate

The sheriff said deputies were able to identify the child late Monday night, and learned he was last seen in the company of his mother and one-year-old brother. A family member called deputies and said they were concerned the body that was found was a relative, and a BOLO was issued for the mother and she was found at a Mississippi train station, he said.

But the one-year-old wasn't with her, and they were searching for the one-year-old when the call came in from the trucker, the sheriff said.
Sounds like other family members were concerned when they heard that a young boy was found deceased in the water.

I'd love to know how the trucker saw the infant. What a wonderful stroke of good luck.

I am still so upset about this case. It is hitting me hard. I keep imagining what the 1-year old went through, let alone the 4 year old deceased child.

I remember, many years ago, when my oldest was 10 months old there was a local case where a mother said she went into a convenience store and someone drove off with her car with her 11 month old in the back seat.
They found the baby, dead, stuffed in a snowbank on a rural road in the height of winter. He died of hypothermia. I wondered how long he had managed to survive. I wondered if anyone had driven by and simply not noticed him. I was devastated. I couldn't imagine my child left to die. I cried and cried.
The mother was ultimately convicted of murder.

This case is even more devastating. The 4 year old is dead. Thank goodness the one year old survived!

What about the 4-year-old? Wasn't he found deceased? I guess
that situation is still being investigated.
What wonderful news about the 1-year-old. :) Tuff little guy.
Hoping he is under good care and is doing well.

Moo..I feel more tragic for the 4 year old, at that age they would understand the betrayal. Up till 2 I believe babes still have survival mind...and not fear. Wow must of been a shock to trucker, he truly was in right place right time, he saved babes life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling
Back