LA - 1-year old boy survives 2 days in ditch near where his 4-year old brother is found dead - Jul. 9, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting... I'm not seeing any pics of her kids. Telling?
eh. Its generally best practice to not have pictures of minor children on publicly accessible social media pages. Experts have said over and over again they're used by pedos and to not do it; there's also the fact that you're just breaching the privacy of people who can't legally consent. You also need to factor in that publicly accessible photos on SM are being used in AI databases now as well and I don't want pics of my kids being used by pedos or by tech giants to generate crappy AI photos, personally

1-year-old boy survives two days along Louisiana highway before driver spots him​

Jul 10, 2024 #louisiana #news
A Louisiana sheriff says a 1-year-old “miracle baby” survived two days of sometimes stormy weather before a truck driver spotted him crawling along a roadside the day after his 4-year-old brother was found dead and his mother was arrested in Mississippi

7/10/24

LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) - The 1-year-old “miracle baby” who survived two days in a ditch near the Louisiana/Texas border during Hurricane Beryl has been released from the hospital and is now in state care.

A truck driver found the child alive off of I-10 East near Vinton, a few miles from where his 4-year-old brother was found dead Monday, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Stitch Guillory announced tearfully in a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

The children’s mother, Aaliyah N. Jack, 25, of Lake Charles, was arrested in Mississippi on charges of failure to report a missing child, but additional charges are expected. Her bond is set at $300,000.

Jack is fighting extradition to Louisiana. The Calcasieu Parish District Attorney’s Office is requesting that the governor write a letter demanding that she be extradited.

This is a developing story, and more details will be released as they become available.

7/10/24

A Louisiana sheriff says a 1-year-old "miracle baby" survived two days of sometimes stormy weather before a truck driver spotted him crawling along a roadside the day after his 4-year-old brother was found dead and his mother was arrested in Mississippi.

Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Gary "Stitch" Guillory said the baby had numerous bug bites but otherwise appeared to be in good condition.

Autopsy reports were pending on the 4-year-old who was found Monday, Guillory said during a Tuesday news conference in Lake Charles, about 200 miles (322 kilometers) west of New Orleans. The body had been found in a lake behind an Interstate 10 welcome center near the Texas state line.

7/10/24

“We look at this 1-year old as our miracle baby because he was still alive,” a visibly moved Guillory said.

Hurricane Beryl had struck east Texas early Monday, and the search for the child played out amid bands of intermittent, heavy rain and high wind gusts.

“This kid spent two days out in the weather on the side of the highway,” Guillory said. “Thank God that trucker seen him.”

An alert for law enforcement agencies was issued for Jack on Monday night, and a Louisiana judge issued a warrant for her arrest. Jack was arrested in Meridian, Mississippi, more than 350 miles (563 kilometers) from where her children were found. Meridian police said she was arrested some time Tuesday.

“She was located in Mississippi, without the 1 year old, by the Meridian Police Department and taken into custody,” the Calcasieu Sheriff's Office said. The search for the baby continued until the trucker reported seeing a baby in a ditch along Interstate 10. “When deputies arrived, they were able to positively identify the child as the missing 1 year old,” the sheriff's news release said.

Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Gary ‘Stitch’ Guillory said the baby had numerous bug bites but otherwise appeared to be in good condition.

Visibly moved, Mr Guillory said: ‘We look at this one-year-old as our miracle baby because he was still alive.’ ❤️

Something tells me that the kind of mother who is arrested for her toddler-aged children being discovered in these circumstances isn't the kind of mother who worries a great deal about their safety on the internet or their autonomy in terms of choosing to be on social media or not.

Based on what little we know so far, she didn't seem to be too concerned about their safety or well being at even a very basic level.

Last edited:
Something tells me that the kind of mother who is arrested for her toddler-aged children being discovered in these circumstances isn't the kind of mother who worries a great deal about their safety on the internet or their autonomy in terms of choosing to be on social media or not.

Based on what little we know so far, she didn't seem to be too concerned about their safety or well being at even a very basic level.
My thoughts exactly.

:(

jmo

Ugh that FB page!
They better thoroughly check into how she cared for the elderly in that retirement home where she worked.
Not fit to be a mother or an elderly caregiver.
So sad for her boys. Tragic.
Praying her baby gets a new loving lease on life.
IMHO

7/11/24

[..]

The boys' grandmother, Conswella Jack, said she is now trying to piece together what may have happened.

'I was so blessed to hear the baby survived, but also so hurt because one is now gone,' she told The Arcadiana Advocate, describing Legend as 'so sweet and just lovable.'

Conswella explained that her daughter, Aaliyah, had legal custody of the two boys, but after she fell on hard times in April and fled to Baton Rouge, they had a mutual agreement that Conswella and the children's other grandmother would watch over them until she could get back on her feet.

'I remember asking her why she [was] in Baton Rouge, and all she said was she had nowhere else to go,' Conswella recounted.

'So Legend's grandmother went to get her kids from Baton Rouge and after that, we all met up. I took Kingtrail and Legend went with his [other] grandmother, and Aaliyah went her separate way.'

They then met up on Saturday for Conswella's mother's funeral.

That is when, Conswella said, her daughter fled with the two boys.

'The next day, which was Sunday, after trying to call her, she finally reaches out to me, but it's a text,' the heartbroken grandmother said.

'She sent me a picture of a car in some bushes that kind of looked like it was wrecked. I was confused, so I called, called and called, and could not reach her.'

Police say there was no sign of foul play in Legend's death, but autopsy reports are pending.

Still, a warrant was issued for Aaliyah's arrest Monday night, charging her with failure to report a missing child.

She was taken into custody on Tuesday in Meridian, Mississippi - more than 350 miles from where her children were found.

1720715798602.png

Conswella Jack said her daughter still had legal custody of the children, but they had a mutual agreement with Aaliyah Jack to keep the kids until she was able to get on her feet following an April incident that led to Aaliyah Jack fleeing to Baton Rouge.
Heartbroken Louisiana grandmother speaks after 4-year old's death, toddler's rescue on I-10

LE confirms Aaliyah has no criminal record in Calcasieu parish. I am curious to know what was Aaliyah fleeing from when in April that caused her to move away from familial support and leave her boys in their care? If only she'd left them there things would be very different right now.

Thank God for the trucker.

'There was a little boy sitting down in the embankment there,' the driver told KPLC.

'As I approached him, he smiled at me and then he started crying and walked toward me. Once he walked toward me, I grabbed his hand and he stopped crying at that point.'

When deputies arrived, they were able to positively identify the infant as the missing one-year-old.

7/11/24

[..]

The boys' grandmother, Conswella Jack, said she is now trying to piece together what may have happened.

'I was so blessed to hear the baby survived, but also so hurt because one is now gone,' she told The Arcadiana Advocate, describing Legend as 'so sweet and just lovable.'

Conswella explained that her daughter, Aaliyah, had legal custody of the two boys, but after she fell on hard times in April and fled to Baton Rouge, they had a mutual agreement that Conswella and the children's other grandmother would watch over them until she could get back on her feet.

'I remember asking her why she [was] in Baton Rouge, and all she said was she had nowhere else to go,' Conswella recounted.

'So Legend's grandmother went to get her kids from Baton Rouge and after that, we all met up. I took Kingtrail and Legend went with his [other] grandmother, and Aaliyah went her separate way.'

They then met up on Saturday for Conswella's mother's funeral.

That is when, Conswella said, her daughter fled with the two boys.

'The next day, which was Sunday, after trying to call her, she finally reaches out to me, but it's a text,' the heartbroken grandmother said.

'She sent me a picture of a car in some bushes that kind of looked like it was wrecked. I was confused, so I called, called and called, and could not reach her.'

Police say there was no sign of foul play in Legend's death, but autopsy reports are pending.

Still, a warrant was issued for Aaliyah's arrest Monday night, charging her with failure to report a missing child.

She was taken into custody on Tuesday in Meridian, Mississippi - more than 350 miles from where her children were found.

View attachment 517023
All the sadder to learn this happened on the heals of the funeral of the grandma's mom. She is sure bearing hard burdens right now. I feel for her.

jmo

Thank God for the trucker.

'There was a little boy sitting down in the embankment there,' the driver told KPLC.

'As I approached him, he smiled at me and then he started crying and walked toward me. Once he walked toward me, I grabbed his hand and he stopped crying at that point.'

When deputies arrived, they were able to positively identify the infant as the missing one-year-old.

I'm sure the trucker will never forget that amazing little boy. We here will not forget him.
I hope good things will follow this man for the rest of his life.

1720746857206.png
Legend Jack and Kingtrail Jack

July 10, 2024

[..]

Aaliyah Jack, Conswella Jack's daughter and the boys' mother, had fallen on hard times, according to Jack, and she, along with the boys' paternal grandmother had stepped in to help.

On Saturday, Aaliyah Jack met her mother, who was in Lafayette for Conswella Jack's mother's repast, to spend time with the children, Kingtrail, 1, and Legend, 4. That's when Aaliyah Jack fled with the boys, Conswella Jack said.

"The next day, which was Sunday, after trying to call her, she finally reaches out to me, but it's a text," Conswella Jack said. "She sent me a picture of a car in some bushes that kind of looked like it was wrecked.

“I was confused, so I called, called and called, and could not reach her," Jack said.

On Monday morning, Legend's body was found in a lake behind the Vinton Welcome Center. Police say there were no obvious signs of foul play.

[..]

Both boys were found after Hurricane Beryl made landfall in Texas and brought winds, rain and flooding to the area.

"This kid spent two days out in the weather, on the side of the highway. ... When you look at the video, here he was, crawling toward the highway," Guillory said.

What a tragic story for family of these beautiful children. It seems to me that the mother had not seen the children for a couple of months (each child staying with a grandparent) to help her out, and she was reunited with them on Saturday when she drove away with them.

Why?

Given the outcome and where they were discovered, I can't help thinking she intended to harm them under the guise of being caught in a Hurricane. I hope that I'm wrong.

My heart breaks for the grandmother who just buried her own mother and now has to bury her 4 yr old grandson. Also left with the hurdle of trying to get the miracle baby from State custody. That's too much. Prayers up.

Just glad that little Kingtrail is in good care. We'll see what comes next. Yes, prayers go up.

eh. Its generally best practice to not have pictures of minor children on publicly accessible social media pages. Experts have said over and over again they're used by pedos and to not do it; there's also the fact that you're just breaching the privacy of people who can't legally consent. You also need to factor in that publicly accessible photos on SM are being used in AI databases now as well and I don't want pics of my kids being used by pedos or by tech giants to generate crappy AI photos, personally

Given that she left her babies in a ditch, I doubt that protecting her kids from potential pedophiles, or any danger really, was her priority.

No one is criticizing anyone here, who I’m sure all are good parents, about their decisions to share or not share pictures of their children on social media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlowersInBloom
Back