LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this comment elsewhere, interesting.......

"Listened to PC again, truck reported stolen on 5/21.

5/19 - Mickey disappears
5/21 - BSL reports truck stolen in Montgomery County, TX
5/25 - Videos released naming VOI
5/26 - Bike found @ WB
6/14 - Tip received (if from Car Salesman is this when new truck is bought?)
7/5 - Arrest of BSL

If shift change for 14/14 is on Wed. (not sure, but think so), BSL's schedule would have looked like this:

5/9 - 5/22 - Onshore
5/23 - 6/5 - Offshore
6/6 - 6/19 - Onshore
6/20 - 7/4 - Offshore

Explains why maybe he waited so long to buy a new truck...needed to collect insurance and was offshore during much of the time. Again, 6/14 is a guess on buying the truck if the tipster was the car dealership. His on and off shore dates do line up with means."

well then, Texas dropped teh ball there. Funny how the TX LE in whatever county reported the hotel parking lot truck, but the TX LE in SanJacinto or whatver county didn't report the burnt out truck, which just so happened to be the right truck. It just fell through the cracks. I guess there weren't enough fliers in that part of Texas. But neighboring state LE should be made more aware, ya know. I guess everyone was looking East due to Whiskey Bay and Texas is sooooooo big.

Even if they knew nothing about the case, they still shouldve contacted someone in LA when a violent sex offender from another state reports his vehicle missing. Doubly so when they then find it burnt

do you think they put the murder 1 charge in hopes of him saying "i didn't murder her. she's alive."
It IS possible that she is alive, right? IDK

there was some talk about a bayou that runs along a loooong road through Church Point and Breaux Bridge. I will try to find the name of the bayou. Maybe they should search there.
---------------
My bold above.
I've wondered the same. Is it legal for authorities to do so? And, even if it isn't--has it been done before, despite that fact, in an effort to find an alive victim?

may 19th reported missing

may 25th video located

may 26th bike located

may 28th video released (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-police-seek-driver-looking-to-pick-up-women/)

may 28ish-29ish truck burned

in between here report filed on stolen truck most likely around the same time

may 31st burned truck found (link says truck burned just "days" after photos released... most likely burned on 28-29th)

june 14 tip called in

july 5 arrest unrelated charge (multijurisdictional task force)

july 5 warrant for home search and arrest with probable cause for first degree murder and agg kidnapping) no bond for murder and 250k for agg kidnapping

july 6 presser... perp has a military history, served 8 years of a ten year sentence and is a tier 3 RSO. (this is from previous articles) No comment on signs of struggle or bite marks. Rear wheel of bike consistent with being hit from behind. Truck was driving behind Mickey. Video evidence suggests perp may have been trolling for a victim that night. Perp works offshore and was recently out on a two week gig. Perps vehicle has been placed in the whiskey bay area of the night in interest (will not say how). Perp is linked to burned out truck in texas. search of his home and investigation is ongoing.

-------

(tried to put all these facts in one place.. please correct if I got something wrong here)

Thanks nurse. It really bothers me that it took a tip to identify and ultimately connect him to this crime. Is anyone else bothered by that? Why didn't LE check out all RSO owning this type of vehicle? Was it not registered under his name, perhaps?

the advertiser has the arrest report on their sight from 1999, but i'm not a subscriber, so i can't view it. would the arrest report have details of the crime? it says, warning content is graphic in nature, but then i get prodded to subscribe:maddening:

I dont know and im not a subscriber either, IS ANYONE IN HERE??????????? I would really like the details on his prio conviction. I have tryed searching for news articles etc, there has to be something, but I come up empty

Yeah...there's an accomplice/witness. Unless this has his own transporter room.

He had plenty of room in the back of the truck for a small motorcycle or even a mountain bike. I think he used a motorcycle to get to his offshore connection and went to work on a rig somewhere, hoping things would blow over.

I hate that the date of the burned truck is in question. The sound bite says the 21st. The press release from LPD says the 31st. WHICH ONE IS IT?!

I'm hearing 21st, and then he says just days after, (the truck being found) pictures were released to the public. I'll go listen a 3rd time.

Or did he mean 31st, just days after pictures were released to the public.

Can you a hear a comma?

---------------
My bold above.
I've wondered the same. Is it legal for authorities to do so? And, even if it isn't--has it been done before, despite that fact, in an effort to find an alive victim?

Many many cases i have read LE uses that tactic. However behind closed doors. Not thru the public and during a presser.

Thanks nurse. It really bothers me that it took a tip to identify and ultimately connect him to this crime. Is anyone else bothered by that? Why didn't LE check out all RSO owning this type of vehicle? Was it not registered under his name, perhaps?

It's in his name

I am finding previous places of residences as below, not 100% sure it's the same BL, though.

Brandon Scott Lavergne Previous cities:
Church Point, LA
Oakdale, LA
Rayne, LA

I have no idea but I think LE has a lot more than we think. If he was charged with murder 1, they know Mickey is dead and they have evidence, imo.

that's what i thought until the presser. at the very beginning Craft said something about in LA aggravated kidnapping allows them to automatically charge 1st degree murder?? did anyone else understand this? i may be misunderstanding it. it might have been one of the 1st questions

Fact is he already kidnapped before, if you figure the bound up, gagged and sexual abuse he was charged of before. I would really like to know the facts of that case, im curious did the victim get away on her own, a passer by helped her or did he just let her go. I have searched for facts about that case but have came up with 0
------------
Here's what I don't understand. How is Level 3 defined in LA as opposed to other states? In most Level 3 designations, isn't there a long history of offenses?

------------
Here's what I don't understand. How is Level 3 defined in LA as opposed to other states? In most Level 3 designations, isn't there a long history of offenses?

Wondered the same, considering the 2000 conviction he was 21 at time, possible 20 when crime committed, its possible there might of been more but before he turned 18, and due to age, not shown?

I dont know and im not a subscriber either, IS ANYONE IN HERE??????????? I would really like the details on his prio conviction. I have tryed searching for news articles etc, there has to be something, but I come up empty

I subscribe. Is there a link?

I know adam4lsu the guy at TD site( guy whos sister or sister in law was dating this guy), stated he use to have 2 kids and there mom had 100% custody and changed there last name after the 2000 incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne