LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so that's the 2 unrelated tipsters that Abdella said he was confident in! way to go!!! after that everything went silent, so was it June 8th that Abdella said he was confident from 2 leads from 2 unrelated parties?

and this makes sense with what the girlfriend's family says - that they got suspicious a few days after the pictures of the truck were released on the 26th. so if we guess that they called in on the 29th then LE and Abdella did a little digging to be sure and soon afterward the car dealership lady called in then Abdella did the article with The Advertiser then it all went silent. Then ACI was hired then let go due to LE not wanting him on BSL's tail since they were already trying to get their ducks in a row.

I hope no one is going to fight over the reward. The poster who claims to be friends with the dealership saleswoman said she didn't care about it. But you never know what will come of the situation. It shouldn't come down to money. If I had found Mickey, I would not take any money. I'd give it to her! Or her family if she were gone.

I just stopped to look in at TD and noticed that the post by Adam that originally mentioned link to BSL was dated May 26, just 7 days after Mickey disappeared. His post had nothing to do with the case, he was asking for advice for a family problem! Blew my mind!

I just stopped to look in at TD and noticed that the post by Adam that originally mentioned link to BSL was dated May 26, just 7 days after Mickey disappeared. His post had nothing to do with the case, he was asking for advice for a family problem! Blew my mind!

Yeah, he did post that in the OT. He also had posted in MS threads but shortly after posting he requested a mod to delete everything he said b/c he realized he shouldn't be posting information about it.

Wow....so Lavergne apparently said that the whole oral sex thing was consensual and then something happened and the girl flew into a rage and began cursing and punching; he wrestled her in headlock and she kicked out. Pled down to aggravated oral sexual battery. This was back in 2000 when stationed in Fort Polk.

Law wasn't in effect to register him for the rest of his life at the time of his sentencing, hence why he was trying to get the RSO label removed from his label

Characteristics profile - a former detective apparently said to look for offshore around 30 y/o who has history of sexual assault along with other characteristics such as work boots. This was done on 5/28/12. Apparently he was correct. He's a retired BR detective, Dennis Kelly.

^ All from KATC's broadcast.

I wonder how possible it would be to find DNA or traces of anything left in the truck. Unfortunately, I am thinking that is part of the reason he burned it :( Would a fire destroy everything?

I know this reply is WAY late, but a fire might compromise all or a great deal of the DNA evidence, depending on how hot it burned and other factors. In 1999, 17-year-old Katie Poirier was abducted from a gas station in Moose Lake, Minnesota. Her abductor, Donald Blom, who was a convicted sex offender, strangled her with his bare hands and burned her body in a fire pit at his lake property in the Moose Lake area. The only traces of Katie that were found were a few charred bone fragments and a molar. DNA testing was inconclusive because of the burning. Fortunately, Katie's dentist was able to identify the tooth and Donald Blom was sentenced to life in prison.

(I have friends who knew Katie/lived in Moose Lake at the time of her murder, so hers is one of those "close to home" cases.)

If they turned him in, they deserve at least a share, IMO, as long as they had no involvement. I wish more family members would turn suspects in, as many cases probably have someone who knows or suspects a family member, IMO.

yeah but like I said before, their rejection of him because he was a rso could have been what drove him to commit the crime. "if people are gonna call me a criminal then I'll be a criminal" type of situation. Seems wrong for them to profit if that's the case.

And I agree with another poster it should be given to underprivileged kids for horseback riding or something of that nature. Something in honor of mickey. (if dealership lady turns it down.)

KATC is doing an hour segment now. I read (unconfirmed by FB poster) that the station was struck by lightning earlier and also heard from a friend who was shopping that Rouse's was also struck by lightning. And there are still reports of power outages around town. Went to McD's earlier and they were jam packed, lots of people in there saying they had no power at home. Took 30 minutes to get 2 happy meals--both of which were missing the stupid toy but of course I did not notice until I got home. If we are missing posters here it may be b/c they are out too.

here is his latest mug shot:

320379_419608138078692_1775927775_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

The more I look at that wound on the left side of the neck the more it looks to me like a metal cut (maybe a knife, maybe not) that had been stitched. I say that because if you enlarge the photo, you can see where the skin is puckering from what looks like either stiches placed over that wound (thus the pucker at the top of the wound) OR a butterfly bandage placed over that wound. I could not rule out a glass cut or an oyster shell. It has an odd pucker to it at the top like it was stitched by an amateur. It looks pretty deep into the layrs as their is keloid formation over it. His nose definitely looks like it has been broken, unable to tell when, though it is different than his other pictures.

I am going to try and post the pics of the rear passenger side area of the truck in front of the Circle K following behind Mickey. I swear it looks like the rear passenger side window and the roof above it are gone. The backseat appears to be gone as well. It looks empty and there is a sheet or something covering the opening where the roof on that side would be.

Why would anyone have this portion of their truck missing?

Judge for yourself. Please let me know if this could possibly be anything else. I am not posting pics of the front of the truck or he light under it.

I will link the pics to this post as soon as I am able to figure out how to paste.

So these are the pics. The first pic is of the entire truck. The other two pics are of the rear passenger side cab compartment.

It could be that you have to see it as big as I just did to see the detail, I don't know.

There is no roof and no window in the rear passenger side. There is a sheet/blanket draped over the top of the cab. You can see the emptiness of the rear cab, the interior of the door area that seperates the front section and the back and you can see how the sheet or covering drapes down into the cab in the rear. How odd.

Please don't blast me for posting these pics. I never stay in on a Friday night so I am clearly trying to get some answers even if only for myself. And I already know that some of you won't see anything but a blur. Sorry. But it is all very clear to me.

Why would the truck be missing the roof area on that side and why would he drive around with a big sheet or blanket on top of the truck??

I did not enhance or alter these images in any way...not even cropping. I took a pic of the tv screen.

Attachments

• bsltruck1.jpg
    bsltruck1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 340
  • bsltruck2.jpg
    bsltruck2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 323
  • bsltruck3.jpg
    bsltruck3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 314
So these are the pics. The first pic is of the entire truck. The other two pics are of the rear passenger side cab compartment.

It could be that you have to see it as big as I just did to see the detail, I don't know.

There is no roof and no window in the rear passenger side. There is a sheet/blanket draped over the top of the cab. You can see the emptiness of the rear cab, the interior of the door area that seperates the front section and the back and you can see how the sheet or covering drapes down into the cab in the rear. How odd.

Please don't blast me for posting these pics. I never stay in on a Friday night so I am clearly trying to get some answers even if only for myself. And I already know that some of you won't see anything but a blur. Sorry. But it is all very clear to me.

Why would the truck be missing the roof area on that side and why would he drive around with a big sheet or blanket on top of the truck??

I did not enhance or alter these images in any way...not even cropping. I took a pic of the tv screen.

Interesting. Can't believe you have an 85" screen! We have a 55" and I thought that was ridiculously unnecessary lol. But helpful in seeing something like this! I may have to pull it up on there later--husband is using the TV right now.

KATC is doing an hour segment now. I read (unconfirmed by FB poster) that the station was struck by lightning earlier and also heard from a friend who was shopping that Rouse's was also struck by lightning. And there are still reports of power outages around town. Went to McD's earlier and they were jam packed, lots of people in there saying they had no power at home. Took 30 minutes to get 2 happy meals--both of which were missing the stupid toy but of course I did not notice until I got home. If we are missing posters here it may be b/c they are out too.

yes, their facebook page said around late afternoon today that they were hit by lightning and temporarily down

....I have four cars and I am just one person.

Dad? is this you? lol!!!

so does my dad! Why?
Because he can! Well 2 cars, an SUV and his 1985? RED Eddie Bauer Ford Bronco (that he will be buried in I THINK!)

Insurance sucks... but hey! He earned it!

I bet the 1991 Stealth holds special memories for BSL!
moo

Interesting. Can't believe you have an 85" screen! We have a 55" and I thought that was ridiculously unnecessary lol. But helpful in seeing something like this! I may have to pull it up on there later--husband is using the TV right now.

You should. It is amazing what detail you can see. When you enlarge an image it just makes it worse. Seeing the image in true form but really big helps a lot.

I can see him well. He is not part of the white blur across the front windshield. That is a reflection. The far end of that reflection ends at his face to where you can't see his mouth. But you can see him otherwise. You see a sideways view of him.

i WISH someone who worked with him offshore could shed some light on his wounds or anything. it seems like he's had girlfriends but no male friends. being from the area he is from, i'm surprised that no one is coming on here or TD or FB saying that they were buddies with him. i just think that someone who knows him really well could be helpful in figuring out where he put her. maybe i'm wrong. i just want the family to get her back for burial

Dad? is this you? lol!!!

so does my dad! Why?
Because he can! Well 2 cars, an SUV and his 1985? RED Eddie Bauer Ford Bronco (that he will be buried in I THINK!)

moo

They all have a purpose...sports car for nights out, economical car for commuting, off road for fun, etc.

Dad? is this you? lol!!!

so does my dad! Why?

moo

He probably bought that thinking it would get him girls...and may have worked until they found out about his history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne