LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm just now able to get back on here, and am trying (albeit unsuccessfully, I'm afraid!) to catch up on posts.

I heard the press conference today, and it was about what I expected.

My friend at the car dealership told police that this "strange person" who came in had said his white Chevy Silverado truck had been stolen. He also gave her a copy of his DL on which he had tried (either by whiting-out or other similar means) to hide the fact that he was an RSO. She told me today that she was also alarmed by the fact (and she also told this to police) that he had "injuries" (she said they looked like scratches and/or cuts) to his arms and hands. She also had the presence of mind to photocopy his DL before he left the dealership (abruptly, she said) so that she could give police all the information on it. A detective called her yesterday and said that they had been building a case against this guy (who turned out to be BL), and that the day after receiving her tip, they began tailing him. As I mentioned yesterday, her initial call to police was around 4 weeks ago, maybe plus or minus a few days.

I got the impression from the press conference that BL had visited other dealerships after going to this one. I really don't feel that it would be right for me to tell which dealership my friend works for, in order to protect her privacy.

But I do believe her tip was very valuable in bringing the case to where it is today.

With LE looking at this guy intensively for at least 4 weeks, I'm of the opinion that they must have some really solid concrete evidence that they are not ready to disclose to the public, for believing that Mickey was murdered. I feel horrible even writing that, but I just don't think that LE, after building a case against BL for at least four weeks, would "jump the gun", or prematurely, or whatever, arrest him for 1st degree murder, unless they were nearly 100% sure that they could prove it, or knew almost beyond a doubt that they would be 100% able to prove it when the time came to formally do so.

Again that's just my take on things.

Like I said earlier, I hope your friend gets a Reward. :rocker:

My attempt at attaching arrest picture.

Mods please remove my post if unsuccessful to save me from humiliation.

Attachments

• BrandonLavergne2.jpg
    BrandonLavergne2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 92
I hope that neck wound was a parting gift from our sweet Mickey. :mad:

The thing about the 1991 Red Dodge Stealth, is this.

That seems like the type of car one would keep around because they really liked it.

Maybe he used it in other crimes, but, just couldn't part with it?

Do you think LE will take that car to test it?

Holy cow.... I paused the truck from the HLN show on my big 85" screen. I can see everything pretty clearly. You will have to do it yourself to see because I am not going down that road again.

I will say that I can see the driver perfectly. I see his hair, face, shirt. He is looking straight ahead and has his hand by his mouth. Short sleeve shirt...light color but not white. Maybe smoking...rubbing his chin? There is no big decal in the back window. It's a reflection of light, the tinted glass on the other window and the frame of the back passenger side frame.

There is something on top of the back of the cab and it drapes down a bit over the back passenger side window. Looks like a blanket to cloth of some sort. It is white.

No idea why I did not think of this before. Maybe I can take a pic of it.

I hope so too. But I think she will have to share it with the family of Brandon's fiance. They called in several tips as well. They were trying hard to make sure she did not marry this RSO, because she has young kids. So they reported him
to everyone who would listen.

I think it was a combination of both tips, one from the girlfriends family, and the other from the car dealership, that combined to capture their attention. JMO

Holy cow.... I paused the truck from the HLN show on my big 85" screen. I can see everything pretty clearly. You will have to do it yourself to see because I am not going down that road again.

I will say that I can see the driver perfectly. I see his hair, face, shirt. He is looking straight ahead and has his hand by his mouth. Short sleeve shirt...light color but not white. Maybe smoking...rubbing his chin? There is no big decal in the back window. It's a reflection of light, the tinted glass on the other window and the frame of the back passenger side frame.

There is something on top of the back of the cab and it drapes down a bit over the back passenger side window. Looks like a blanket to cloth of some sort. It is white.

Please do!

Seriously? That's where I live. I'm sure I know them. Can't wait to see who they are.

ETA: I keep quoting posts but my replies aren't showing up with them. This was in regards to BSL's public defenders.

Question for those who may know?

If LE found anything, ex. blood, body parts, hair, how long would it take for them to compare DNA?

And if they couldn't do it right away, would it lead to them saying "No" to the question of finding Mickey?

Do we know for sure he had a working GPS in his truck (the DWT he burned)? Or is this just rumor and speculation as to how he was placed at WB (I guess it could be from tire prints, his cell phone pings, etc)?
I hope he did have working GPS, I just don't remember LE or MSM saying this...am I wrong?

If his DWT was a 2011, depending when in 2011 he bought it, the OnStar could have expired by May 19 if he didn't renew it after the first free year that comes with the truck was up. (I guess we'd need to know when he bought the truck).

Do we know for sure he had a working GPS in his truck (the DWT he burned)? Or is this just rumor and speculation as to how he was placed at WB (I guess it could be from tire prints, his cell phone pings, etc)?
I hope he did have working GPS, I just don't remember LE or MSM saying this...am I wrong?
If his DWT was a 2011, depending when in 2011 he bought it, the OnStar could have expired as well and he didn't renew it after the year was up.

--
Brought over from a posting on Tiger Droppings.

Are the two images the same from tonight and what you saw awhile back in the truck when you enhanced the original pictures of the truck?

Would that be the 1991 Red Dodge Stealth BL owned in the back, as per RSO site?

528870_341418489269604_1455935998_n.jpg

KATC Maddie Garrett
Like This Page · 3 hours ago via mobile

Police finishing up the search at Brandon Lavergne's house. They removed the skirting off of both ends of the house to look underneath for any evidence.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...48050989.57632.253466274731493&type=1&theater

This info was posted with that picture on the link above: (BBM)

"St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office says a neighbor reported that Lavergne ha recently removed and replaced some skirting on his house. However it's unclear right now if they gathered any evidence from underneath the house."

Question for those who may know?

If LE found anything, ex. blood, body parts, hair, how long would it take for them to compare DNA?

And if they couldn't do it right away, would it lead to them saying "No" to the question of finding Mickey?

It can takes days, weeks or months...it really depends. I would take a guess and say weeks in a case like this, no more. But with a burned truck it is possible analysis could take longer, plus whatever they took away from his house yesterday and today still has to go the lab.

This info was posted with that picture on the link above: (BBM)

"St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office says a neighbor reported that Lavergne ha recently removed and replaced some skirting on his house. However it's unclear right now if they gathered any evidence from underneath the house."

When I first saw the pic of that mobile home, I thoght "I hope they check under the house."

I'm impressed with the Sex Offender classification on the Driver License. I've never heard of that before. If what we are hearing is true (the person at the car dealership called LE), this has turned out to be valuable.

I'm curious though, how in "normal life" activities, this really does anything. The only thing I show my DL for is buying alcohol, once in awhile using a credit card, or boarding a plane - all things legal for a RSO. Is it for LE if they pull the guy over?

A drivers license is one of the pieces of identification that can be used along with other/s to prove US residency/citizenship. This identification must be presented to employers and a form completed verifying same at the time of hiring/employment. I've used my DL and passport.

She doesn't want a reward, even if it were offered. If she had to take it, she said she would donate it to a charity (perhaps for missing persons). She said she would never DREAM of taking money for herself, for doing what she did.

I hope so too. But I think she will have to share it with the family of Brandon's fiance. They called in several tips as well. They were trying hard to make sure she did not marry this RSO, because she has young kids. So they reported him to everyone who would listen.

I think it was a combination of both tips, one from the girlfriends family, and the other from the car dealership, that combined to capture their attention. JMO

If I was that family I wouldn't feel right about taking the money. They're judgement on him may have been part of what drove him to reoffend. Some people get that mentality where if they're going to be labeled as something they might as well be it.

Can LE or even the community make a public statement asking anyone who may have been a victim of BSL to come forward that may have not done so before now because they were threatened by him? There may be many others that he has harmed in the past but were scared of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129