LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are being too conservative with the salary ranges, plus these guys often earn bonuses which are a percentage of the job ticket.

2500 for a low paid galley hand but the high range can easily be 20k a month for a top consultant, company man etc, but the norm range 3500 to 10k

bbm: I am not sure if he reported it stolen (this is what I think) or he stole it... I am thinking the former..

((it is like 100 degrees inside my house right now with no ac and my brain is slightly fried like an egg))

Got electricity?
If so, sit by fan, and mist yourself with h20.

2500 for a low paid galley hand but the high range can easily be 20k a month for a top consultant, company man etc, but the norm range 3500 to 10k

Was he an engineer or a hired hand?

No, he did not steal the truck that he was in when he committed the crime. It was his truck. He later reported it stolen in Montgomery, TX. It was later discovered burned in a wooded area in San Jacinto County. He then purchased another WHITE (i believe) Chevy Silverado Z-71. Which is the vehicle he was driving when arrested yesterday. Is this correct???

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Montgomery,+Texas&daddr=san+jacinto+county+texas&hl=en&ll=30.408413,-95.392914&spn=0.457761,1.049881&sll=30.4648,-95.523265&sspn=0.228749,0.52494&geocode=FSWwzwEdMcpL-ilFkunhLyBHhjGMiacpLZ3Z7w%3BFfGt0QEd2TpU-inN7tsFImxHhjFEAzUnk4ElDg&t=h&mra=ls&z=11"]Montgomery, TX to San Jacinto, TX - Google Maps[/ame]

one hour (aprox) distance between reported stolen location and burn location

The more I think about it the truck was his.

Evidence was in that truck, he knew it, drove it to Texas, burned it and reported it stolen.

Tried to buy a new truck, got busted.

I wonder as well if he tried an insurance claim. Good thinking Nurse.

Not sure this is the case, but some insurance companies will purchase a vehicle one year newer than the totaled vehicle, as well as a rental car until replaced.

What are the odds that this guy would have had at least 2 surgeries in his lifetime? I'm about to be 38 and I've never had one much less two.

I know lots of people that have had over 2 surgeries. They say he's a mechanic. That can be a job where you can sustain injuries that require surgery. It just says surgical scar on ribs on L side and surgical scar on R hand. That's definitely not an abnormal amount of surgeries.

The Houston connection could simply be Wood Groups Training location, my company is like that and we go to Houston multiple times a year. Also Conroe has a lot of oil companies there also, which is the County he reported his truck stolen from, which is neighbors to the county truck was found burned

Is it confirmed he had surgery. I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here and it will all be JMO, but is it possible someone saw the bite mark and at some point after that, he tried to disguise it (by cutting himself or something?) as a bite mark and passed it off as a surgery scar?

for it to be stated as a surgical scar, i would think there would need to be proof that he had surgery. i mean he is a RSO. i wouldn't think they would just take his word for it

Maybe Mickey died after being struck by his truck?

Just speculation, could warrant the murder charge, but I haven't seen the video of the truck striking her. Was there evidence at that scene?

Sorry, I am trying to back track answers that might not even be answers at this point.

He may have hit her while on the bike, picked her up and did not attempt to get medical care for whatever reason. This would have contributed to her alleged death.

Was he an engineer or a hired hand?

IDK, but when I was a pipe fitter offshore I made 10k a month easy at times, heck our riggers /helper would pull in 5k a month, if he was a service hand, they make the hours, which racks up the $$ fast.

Maybe Mickey died after being struck by his truck?

Just speculation, could warrant the murder charge, but I haven't seen the video of the truck striking her. Was there evidence at that scene?

Sorry, I am trying to back track answers that might not even be answers at this point.

That is exactly what i was thinking after the PC....did he run her over and kill her? then rape or what?

I'm so relieved to see this arrest. IMO it seems pretty solid and they have their man. So many cases go unresolved for years if not forever, its very frustrating for families to say the least.

My heart goes out to Mickey's family and friends as their hearts must be breaking.

I'm not going to rule out that his work may have taken him to the Gulf lined towns of Texas, on the coast. So maybe that put him in the general area. But being an offshoresman, it's really unlikely that his work would take him to North East Houston, to the Sam Houston National Forest area.

What really freaks me out about this is that this guy obviously has knowledge of some pretty desolate areas/areas easy to dispose of things. First the Whiskey Bay Bridge/the Atchafalaya Swamp. Now the woodsy and sparsley populated Sam Houston National Forest area.

I really doubt Mickey was the only one. However, that being said, she may be...his truck didn't get burned and abandoned until now, afterall.

I hate typing on a phone, but I do believe he has continued to commit crimes against women since his release from prison. I think he got rid of his truck this time because the video still was released to the public and he panicked.

What really freaks me out about this is that this guy obviously has knowledge of some pretty desolate areas/areas easy to dispose of things. First the Whiskey Bay Bridge/the Atchafalaya Swamp. Now the woodsy and sparsley populated Sam Houston National Forest area.

I really doubt Mickey was the only one. However, that being said, she may be...his truck didn't get burned and abandoned until now, afterall.

There's many other girls reported as endangered runaways and missing from Lafayette and other various areas around Louisiana that haven't been found...sadly most missing person cases don't get the media attention that Mickey has had and they go cold and their families don't have the resources and money to keep others notified...

A few that may be linked to this guy for all we know....

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I'm so relieved to see this arrest. IMO it seems pretty solid and they have their man. So many cases go unresolved for years if not forever, its very frustrating for families to say the least.

My heart goes out to Mickey's family and friends as their hearts must be breaking.

I am afraid it won't really be resolved for them unless she is found, though, especially since he is not cooperating.

bbm: I am not sure if he reported it stolen (this is what I think) or he stole it... I am thinking the former..

((it is like 100 degrees inside my house right now with no ac and my brain is slightly fried like an egg))

the officer in the press conference said the truck in the traffic video following mickey and the truck that was burnt were the same and that it was registered to BSL. so it was his truck. but they never stated whether he reported it stolen or not. however the person that was on the forum earlier and told us about the auto dealer worker that reported BSL for having white out on his drivers license over the RSO part said that he said it was stolen. (and the white out part was said to be true)

That is exactly what i was thinking after the PC....did he run her over and kill her? then rape or what?

given his history and the fact that LE at the presser said video shows that he was most likely driving around the area looking for someone to victimize (and the fact that there may have been a bite mark on him and no comment on signs of a struggle) I would say that he bumped her to knock her off the bike and a struggle ensued.

MOO of course

"I think based on the information we have...maybe he was riding around looking for someone to victimize," Craft said.

Craft believes Shunick was abducted between St. Mary and St. Landry parishes and Blackham Coliseum.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...nick-case?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

He may have hit her while on the bike, picked her up and did not attempt to get medical care for whatever reason. This would have contributed to her alleged death.

That seems possible if he hit her hard enough to leave a dent and she wasn't wearing a helmet. Wouldn't there be some blood evidence if that happened?

i'm sorry but putting white out over your RSO status on your drivers license screams your a freakin idiot. that makes it even more obvious and makes your eye go to the blemish on the ID. what a dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman