LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we don't know for sure if Mickey died, even if that is the most logical conclusion, given his silence.

And how can they find out the truth? Probably interrogate the girlfriend and him against each other.

For example, there have been cases where victims have been left alive at locations by the perp. to access in the future. One example I can think of immediately is victims being left chained or tied to trees in a remote area.

So, maybe LE got him before she succombed.

LE is probably crawling all over any possible areas she could possibly be, to try and find her alive.

It has been my experience that a missing person is considered by LE to be alive until there is evidence to the contrary. It would be very optimistic to believe that a prolific predator such as Brandon Lavergne would remove the bicycle & other items from the crime scene, attempt to destroy all other incriminating evidence, yet let a victim live that could testify against him.

if you keep following US-190 going East, it goes all the way to State Route 975 (just past the river). SR-975 goes to whiskey bay.

looks like the route was I-10E to Whiskey Bay to SR-975 N to US-190 W (i don't know how to make the fancy maps, sorry)

Yup, thats exactly the Route that I was talking about in my previous reply.

When did he report the truck stolen? Same night?

If it was later, then he did not go straight to Texas, I doubt. He may have had evidence at his home for quite a while.

I hope it does. The damn thing was set on fire. There isn't even a truck left to debate.

i wasnt saying that the truck wasnt burnt.... but i know early on just from reading everyones posts here on WS that they didnt think it was the truck following right behind her.... the press conference showed pics of the truck with chrome gas tank... thats why im confused.... was it that truck or the one following directly behind her?

I wonder if the burnt/stolen truck was fully insured, because even though he had a lucrative job that would still make it easier to buy the "new" truck.

being a 2011 it was probably financed and had mandatory full coverage on it.

Imo, he will file for a speedy trial, but there should be a quantity of forensics from the burnt DWT, if it was extinguished in a timely manner.
There is also a treasure trove of circumstantial evidence; WB tire tracks, gps info, security video, bite marks.

It would be reasonable to conclude that the gps info from the truck in conjunction with a geographical profile prepared by the FBI BAU2, will narrow down the probable location of her remains.

Sadistical psychopathic sexual predator Brandon Lavergne is displaying all the characteristicts of an evil and experienced serial killer that has been active for years or decades, imo. "Obviously, no stranger to the game"..
"Game over BSL"..

BBM: I totally agree.

I have always felt that Mickey's case was connected to others.

Where has this sick been posted for his military time, is there a timeline on his whereabouts, that we know so far?

There is NO WAY this is his first time.

Where did you put Mickey, BL? :furious:

Beautiful Mickey brought down this guy. He won't ever hurt another female again.

This makes me think that he got a friend to give him a ride or hitched a ride...hum

Could he have thrown a motorcycle (if he had access to one) in the back of the DWT and cruised out of area that way? Or, hate to say it, but a bicycle to the nearest public transport?
Just thinking... I really don't know the area.

The Houston connection could simply be Wood Groups Training location, my company is like that and we go to Houston multiple times a year. Also Conroe has a lot of oil companies there also, which is the County he reported his truck stolen from, which is neighbors to the county truck was found burned

Just looking at map area close to where the truck was found burned, and I'm struck by the fact that Lake Conroe is close by. This could be a possible waterway dumping area? :twocents:

LE stated at the presser they felt he was out trolling. I do not believe there was any accident. The hit was to disable her long enough to get her under his control. He may have even put her in the truck. Loaded her bike all the while poor Mickey thinks he is helping her. His intentions were nothing short of assault and murder :moo:

I was hit very lightly by a car before and thrown a few feet on my bike and got a nasty road rash that bled quite a bit on the asphalt. There was no dent on my fender. He must have hit her really hard. Maybe she was unconscience when he took her which is why she probably never got the chance to use the pepper spray she had on her.

the truck conversation has only just begun... as it has been linked to him and a new one purchased as well as ongoing arson investigation.

Do we have a picture of his new truck. I want to see if it has an extended cab with tinted windows?

Thank you for any help

I feel like Mickey's remains really need to be found NOW. For LE's case as well as for the family. Is there any word that they will be asking people to come search again around the Swords area since they know where the perp lived? Are they going to need volunteers? Maybe this weekend?
Or is there word that search teams will be out around where his burned out truck was found in Texas? Like around Lake Conroe as someone suggested?

Right now there's a ton of interest in this case again & it might be helpful to do searches in and around Swords this weekend as a greater number of searchers may turn up tomorrow & Sunday as opposed to say next weekend, when a week has gone by since the arrest.

BIG 102.1's FB page just posted a mini transcript, highlighting bits of the press conference

Rest can be found here https://www.facebook.com/pages/BIG-1021/112522205425353

Maybe Mickey died after being struck by his truck?

Just speculation, could warrant the murder charge, but I haven't seen the video of the truck striking her. Was there evidence at that scene?

Sorry, I am trying to back track answers that might not even be answers at this point.

IMHO, there may be details relating to his past sex crime activity that also leads police to think he murdered her.

Remember, he's considered a Tier 3 sex offender. That means he's engaged in some pretty bad type of sex crime in the past. It's even possible that his prior crimes indicated he was likely to murder someone given the opportunity.

http://www.lsp.org/socpr
/offenses.html

The haste with which LE pursued and arrested him so soon after his return from offshore indicates they may have thought he was a threat to the public, at risk of re-offending.

MOO

I know this is totally off the wall, but it is a way she could still be alive.

Anyone else think it is at all a possibility that he could have sexually assaulted her, then transferred her alive to someone else?

Is that the way he got a ride back after burning the truck?

After giving this some thought and knowing that predator's generally dump bodies in areas they are familiar with. I'm thinking that he disposed of MS in the Peason Ridge area. This land is owned by the US Army, one of the only military land owners. He was stationed at Fort Polk and probably did his live fire training in the Peason Ridge area. There is also hunting and fishing in this area. It could explain him dumping body there, then heading west to set the truck on fire.

Peason Ridge http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma/2792

I 100% believe this is key. I think it had GPS and I think that is #1 how they found the 'stolen' truck and also how they put his truck @ WB.

I'm 99% positive that the truck fire was found very, very quickly. The fires here were devastating and extremely scary, and still very much fresh on everyone's minds.

Wonder if his truck had GPS installed in it, and it survived the burning? That might be how they are able to place him at Whiskey Bay at the time Mickey's bike was dumped. If so, they could also have a good route as to where Mickey might be...

Just hopeful thinking.
I'm thinking another possibility is that once he was on LE's 'radar', they subpoenaed his cell phone records/ping info and may have been able to place him where she was last seen, Whiskey Bay, etc.

I think that you are on to something -- he has to have some connection to this TX area. Maybe a friend lives there, maybe a relative, something made him choose San Jacito County as a good dumping ground for evidence.

Didn't he report the truck stolen in Montgomery County, TX...maybe the connection is there?

San Jacinto County is very undeveloped. One of the closest cities to the national forest where the truck was found is Conroe, which happens to be in Montgomery County. So, if he wasn't visiting Conroe for some reason, he could have simply gone to the closest city, which turned out to be Conroe. So the fact that two counties are involved could be coincidental.

After the press conference I now understand what Charlie still has hope. I think I would too if it was my sister. There is no body. Although we don't know what evidence they have found. I hope he was a sicko that kept her somewhere. Although rare...I think I still have a glimmer of hope as well...

Okay, here's my answer about which truck was his :)

Based on information and surveillance detectives were able to positively identify the truck that traveled directly behind Mickey in the video as belonging to Brandon Lavergne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech