LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was a crime of opportunity and more than likely he was on the prowl again.

He possibly has escalated rape to include murder.

He stole the white truck he used in the crime? Is that correct?

Or was it his and he reported it stolen?

Then later burned it in Texas and got a ride home potentially?

He was trying to buy a vehicle and had tried to white out his RSO status.

He was working offshore for the last 2 weeks.

Mickey's bike appeared to have been hit causing the damage.

LE seems to be able to place his whereabouts at the bridge at a possible time of the bike dump and in Lafayette around the time Mickey disappeared.

Do I have this somewhat right?

The burned out truck was registered to him and he reported it stolen in another county in TX.

If he worked offshore, he likely could have afforded a new truck without the insurance money.

if you keep following US-190 going East, it goes all the way to State Route 975 (just past the river). SR-975 goes to whiskey bay.

looks like the route was I-10E to Whiskey Bay to SR-975 N to US-190 W (i don't know how to make the fancy maps, sorry)

Here you go...not a straight line, but very likely a possible route.https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-190+Whiskey+Bay+Ext+Rd,+Breaux+Bridge,+LA&daddr=US-190+Church+Point,+LA+to:US-190+San+Jacinto+County,+TX&hl=en&ll=30.590637,-93.433228&spn=2.052164,4.235229&sll=30.439202,-93.147583&sspn=2.055363,4.235229&geocode=FUQpzwEdT9iJ-ik5fLSpN24khjHESGLLDCGi6w%3BFbON0QEdcPd_-ikJj8JcEPhGhjE6lFB7iTRIBA%3BFSgx1QEdtMJS-ikJj8JcEPhGhjE6lFB7iTRIBA&t=h&mra=ls&z=8

I'm thinking he dumped the bike at WB, but not Mickey, because it would seem to me that it would be a lot easier to throw a bike out far enough so that the strong current there that we all keep hearing about would be swept away. It would be a lot harder to toss a body as far. Seems like if they were both dumped there, the bike would be the more likely of the two to be swept away by the current.

Not taking predatory animals, gators, etc., into account, which I don't really want to think about right now. :(

Louisiana is a death penalty state, so there is the possibility of offering to take the death penalty off the table in exchange for him telling where her body is.

I think that's likely.

This guy's an old hand, been around. Don't give it away for free if there's a deal to be had.

I won't use his name or initials. This is about Mickey, I'm keeping him obscured in my head. Not giving him infamy.

Maybe I'll refer to him as That Horrible B@$***d or something. THB.

Worse acronym in my head.

Can someone verify that LE said that the burned out truck was found on 5/31, not 5/21? Thanks...

nursebeme,

I am so sorry you are without ac in this heat! This is the only simile that I can find to help cool you down. :chillout:

Stay hydrated my friend. We need you around here!

wm xoxo

HATS off to this ALERT tipster. Now where the heck is Mickey?

OT
RSOs are so damn stupid. A few years ago while at work I was handed an ID card to check age for an alcohol sale. I knew the scum bag was of age by looking at him but I had a weird feeling this customer did not plan on paying for his meal. So I carded him so I would know who he was. He handed me a card w white out on it. I knew immediately what it was. I tossed it back at him and said no way no beer for you, you cannot put white out on your ID!! He started to get mad at me. I told him to PLEASE push the issue so I could just call the friendly little PD across the street to come visit for a free soda.

Louisiana is a death penalty state, so there is the possibility of offering to take the death penalty off the table in exchange for him telling where her body is.

I agree, that might work.

That's what the authorities did with Matthew Hoffman with his 3 heinous murders.

LE would NEVER have found his victims remains, if Hoffman hadn't wanted to avoid the death penalty, as he had scaled a giant tree in the middle of the woods, hoisted his victims up and dropped their dismembered parts into the hollow trunk. :( :( :(

nursebeme,

I am so sorry you are without ac in this heat! This is the only simile that I can find to help cool you down. :chillout:

Stay hydrated my friend. We need you around here!

wm xoxo

OT-

Oh, I missed that. Mine's out too.

Third time since May, system new in 2010. What a racket.

Given that LE indicates Mickey is no longer alive i believe they have prelim evidence we just aren't privy too. Look how far we have come from the arrest announcement. I feared this would be another cold case. Typically LE states at a presser they will look for a live victim until evidence points otherwise. They aren't saying that. I think they know but we don't. As sorry as i am to post my opinion.

Can someone verify that LE said that the burned out truck was found on 5/31, not 5/21? Thanks...
On June 14, Investigators received information from a concerned citizen, regarding a white Z71 that may be involved in Mickey's disappearance. The vehicle in question was registered to Brandon Lavergne. Further investigation revealed that the truck was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas and later located in San Jacinto County, Texas on May 31st. The truck had been burned just days after police released photographs of the truck as a vehicle of interest.
http://www.klfy.com/story/18959578/arrest-made-in

Well, we don't know for sure if Mickey died, even if that is the most logical conclusion, given his silence.

And how can they find out the truth? Probably interrogate the girlfriend and him against each other.

For example, there have been cases where victims have been left alive at locations by the perp. to access in the future. One example I can think of immediately is victims being left chained or tied to trees in a remote area.

So, maybe LE got him before she succombed.

LE is probably crawling all over any possible areas she could possibly be, to try and find her alive.

I have been wondering also if they figured if she was alive, charging him with murder would get him to admit to the kidnapping and tell them where she is if she is alive.

The press conference audio says 5/21.

Thanks, got it!

So, in all likelihood, the entire crime was completed by 5/21, right? I'm afraid it isn't likely then that Mickey was alive after this point, being that he had taken great pains to get rid of any evidence within 48 hours...

Nevermind.... just read the timeline. Thanks for the link to the timeline.

Good map, although we cant be sure that he went straight from Site A to Site B. He may have spent quite some time at his home. I'm hoping he did, that way Mickey's DNA might be there.

However, regardless of if he did or not, its a very logical route for him to take. It brings him through deridder, and would be the same route he would take to get to Fort Polk, where he used to be stationed at.

Given that LE indicates Mickey is no longer alive i believe they have prelim evidence we just aren't privy too. Look how far we have come from the arrest announcement. I feared this would be another cold case. Typically LE states at a presser they will look for a live victim until evidence points otherwise. They aren't saying that. I think they know but we don't. As sorry as i am to post my opinion.

I agree. Evidence must exist that it's impossible for Mickey to be alive.

Blood, brain matter, video...something. (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member