LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they don't cut any deals with this guy. Where he's going, there should be a few inmates big enough and mean enough to extract any needed information from him.

Imo, he will file for a speedy trial, but there should be a quantity of forensics from the burnt DWT, if it was extinguished in a timely manner.
There is also a treasure trove of circumstantial evidence; WB tire tracks, gps info, security video, bite marks.

It would be reasonable to conclude that the gps info from the truck in conjunction with a geographical profile prepared by the FBI BAU2, will narrow down the probable location of her remains.

Sadistical psychopathic sexual predator Brandon Lavergne is displaying all the characteristicts of an evil and experienced serial killer that has been active for years or decades, imo. "Obviously, no stranger to the game"..
"Game over BSL"..

That reminds me-the creepy Pacman and female Ghost on the wall near BW's was painted over as of last weekend when I went by.

LE stated at the presser they felt he was out trolling. I do not believe there was any accident. The hit was to disable her long enough to get her under his control. He may have even put her in the truck. Loaded her bike all the while poor Mickey thinks he is helping her. His intentions were nothing short of assault and murder :moo:

This has been my theory since day one. She was extremely vulnerable on that bike and a perfect target. He deliberately hit her and then pretended to help her (I'll take you home, I'll bring to the emergency room). Got her into the truck, tossed the bike in the back, all the while she thinks he's a good Samaritan. Talk about an evil, cunning monster! Predator and monster are too good for him.

Sadly, I think he dumped MS and the bike at the same place because I'm sure he was in a hurry to get out of there after his deed. Lots of posters have mentioned gators in those waters. I don't think they like the taste of bicycles. These sex offenders do what they do when the mood strikes and opportunity arises. They try to get rid of evidence quicky unless they find out later their vehicle was caught on video tape. This guy was very sloppy. He never expected that. I'm sure he has done this before.

I'm willing to bet the body was dumped at the same place as the bike. It makes too much sense. Gators, swift current, and a pretty historic place for the dumping of bodies, makes it likely the body will never be recovered. That basin is HUGE, and it just gets bigger the further south you go. The bridge that spans it is the 14th longest in the world.

The exit is dark, nobody ever goes there, his truck was there, the bike was placed there... If MS was not dead by the time she got there, I'd be willing to believe she died there. It is one of the only places in Louisiana that I can think of where disposal of a body would mean almost positive, complete destruction.

And then went to Texas... who knows why. Seems he went rather fast. But he probably knew if the truck was burned near where the bike was thrown in and body was thrown in, then it would be obvious for authorities to look there for the body. He probably never expected the body or bike to be found... and a burned white truck in the forest is not enough to nail him for murder...

But placing that truck at the scene of the bike submerged...

Yeah, a whole lot easier to nail him.

The important thing to note here is (if the dates are correct) two days after MS disappeared a white truck was found burned in TX that had been reported stolen. Hmmmm I would think thats related.....oh and it belongs to a LA sex offender. Then the next week they release video and say they're looking for a white truck of the very same make and model. "Hey remember that one burnt up in Texas belonging to a sex offender? No? Ok" Then on June 14th a tipster tells them about a sex offender with a white truck and THEN they find out it's the same one that was reported stolen and burnt? I dont even know what to make of that

Exactly. Seems a little shoddy to me..

Out of curiousity, I'm betting I'm not the first to make note of this...

But in the original images of the truck in question, there were TWO pictures of the truck on the same road. One going oposite MS's direction, and then a picture moments later of the truck going in the same direction... hence probably was looking for someone like her to victimize.

Statement from Mickey's family per KLFY FB page

"All we want is Mickey back. All we care about is finding out what happened and getting our girl back.

We are holding up fine and staying positive, the chances of her being alive today are the same as they were yesterday and for that reason we are keeping the faith.

We thank all of you for everything you have done for our family friends and extended families. Without the love and support everyone has given us we would not be where we are today. We also ask you to please respect the family's request for privacy in this emotionally turbulent time."

The important thing to note here is (if the dates are correct) two days after MS disappeared a white truck was found burned in TX that had been reported stolen. Hmmmm I would think thats related.....oh and it belongs to a LA sex offender. Then the next week they release video and say they're looking for a white truck of the very same make and model. "Hey remember that one burnt up in Texas belonging to a sex offender? No? Ok" Then on June 14th a tipster tells them about a sex offender with a white truck and THEN they find out it's the same one that was reported stolen and burnt? I dont even know what to make of that

Edit: Sounds like San Jacinto county had absolutely no clue about the MS case and therefore didnt think it was necessary to contact anyone in LA, or you know....any kind of LE about a burnt up sex offenders truck. Or they did and LPD didnt pay much attention to it
Yeah LPD was probably reliant on San Jacinto/Montgomery County LE. And the truck was found burned on the 31st, not the 21st.

They are different trucks, it's just gotten confused again because the news station that showed the press conference screwed up and put a picture of the wrong truck on the screen.

The ONLY truck of interest, the one that Lavergne was driving when he abducted Mickey, is the truck in the pic that was going the same way she was, following her down St Landry.

I knew that they didnt look like the same truck... i emailed KLFY to let them know of the mistake...

I think I remember reading a few threads ago about his house burning? Was the cause of that fire released? I'm just thinking that if he burned his truck to hide evidence, could that have been the case with his house as well?

I hate that the date of the burned truck is in question. The sound bite says the 21st. The press release from LPD says the 31st. WHICH ONE IS IT?!

Yeah LPD was probably reliant on San Jacinto/Montgomery County LE. And the truck was found burned on the 31st, not the 21st.

Which is VERY ****** IMO. Oh a tier 3 sex offender from LA reported his truck stolen in TX and we found it burned. Should we call someone in LA? Nahhh

I know this sounds crazy...but I am in the baton rouge area now (vacation) and I have this urge/desire to go to the whiskey bay exit and just get a sense of it, take it in, almost "pay respect" to those that have or may have suffered there.

Edit: Sounds like San Jacinto county had absolutely no clue about the MS case and therefore didnt think it was necessary to contact anyone in LA, or you know....any kind of LE about a burnt up sex offenders truck. Or they did and LPD didnt pay much attention to it

A.C.I., linkage blindness; the reason predators are active for years or decades. Communication/awareness among LE agencies is critical in missing persons investigations.
Brandon Lavergne knew about jurisdictional linkage blindness and attempted to take advantage; Lafayette, Whiskey Bay, TX...Why doesn't Law Enforcement?
If not for an aware citizen's tip, the connection may have never been made...

This has been my theory since day one. She was extremely vulnerable on that bike and a perfect target. He deliberately hit her and then pretended to help her (I'll take you home, I'll bring to the emergency room). Got her into the truck, tossed the bike in the back, all the while she thinks he's a good Samaritan. Talk about an evil, cunning monster! Predator and monster are too good for him.

I think your right otherwise how would he get her and the bike into the truck unless she was out cold! If he grabbed her he couldnt get the bike if he went for the bike she would run so i think u are correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne