LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can choose to if you like, so can anyone else. I can choose to focus on what I feel is important, thank you.

Way back, when no one wanted to talk about the white truck, said it wasn't being looked for, that it wasn't involved, and that we should move on and ignore it. Well, guess what??

A couple of us stood by our belief that it was an integral part of this investigation and it was. It still will be up until the very end. Like it or not.

If I and others choose to look at the truck and base our theories on the truck...so what. Who is it hurting? What if the 'hate the truck' people kept it out of the news before? The focus on the white truck is what got him tripped up.

I am half joking but seriously!

I don't remember a majority thinking the white truck wasn't important.

Maybe someone on here knows is juvenile records are sealed???

Louisiana law regarding expungement:
EXPUNGEMENT OF CASE RECORDS

A person ages 17 or older can petition the juvenile court to have records permanently removed in certain cases. This is referred to as expungement. According to the Children’s Code (Ch.C. Art. 918), case records may be expunged:

•Where conduct or conditions did not result in an adjudication
•Where conduct or conditions resulted in a misdemeanor adjudication
•only if two or more years have elapsed since the youth satisfied the conditions of the most recent judgment
•Where conduct or conditions resulted in a felony adjudication, the record may be expunged only if:
•the adjudication was not for murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, armed robbery or a sex crime
•more than 5 years must have elapsed since the most recent judgment was satisfied
•there are no adult felony convictions or adult misdemeanor convictions involving a weapon
Upon service of expungement orders, OJJ is required to remove all references to the petition/adjudication/disposition included in our records. If the petition, adjudication, and/or disposition named in the expungement petition is the only information we have on the youth, OJJ must remove his entry from the case management system and the hard copy of his record is destroyed.

http://ojj.la.gov/index.php?page=sub&id=225

-----

Police Chief said they could place the truck at WB. Not BSL and not his cell phone.

Of course, it could be tire tracks too. But me thinks GPS.
That's not true. Straight from the press release:
Investigators are also able to place Brandon Lavergne in and around the location of where the bicycle was located.

I wish someone that he worked offshore with could tell us if he's been obsessed about the case. Such as him talking nonstop about it or staying online and up to date about the searches and info from LE and other sources. We will never know, unless LE would release that info to us if they took his computer.

He was a mechanic, and very high up in position. Prolly had many priviledges. Tried to find the link & info from a few days ago but couldn't locate it...

The info said he was head mechanic for State of Louisiana...No mention of Dept of Corrections...'Go Figure'...

Off topic.
I've met a few seriously delusional people in my time. I work for one now.
Thank goodness I have a trusted co-worker so we can back each other up and witness his weird behavior. The guy is nuts. (he's not violent).

He makes no sense, totally illogical and ego maniac. He can't stop talking about himself.

I manage a side business for him.

He's an electrical contractor. I'm just venting here.
There's another contractor he deals with that comes by from time to time. I'll call him Mr. X. Mr. X is one of the creepiest guys I've ever met. Co-worker also creeped out. Last week Mr. X came by when I was there alone. I trust my instincts. So co-worker and I did some research. Mr. X has spent time in Fed penitentiary. For fraud millions of $$$$$. We spoke out to our (delusional) boss about this guy. Boss is clueless.

Sociopaths. IMO.

:moo::moo::moo:

I got the impression that they were saying they could place his truck/him at WB near where the bike was found, rather than nearby close to the time it was found...but could have misunderstood...

We know that in a completely separate case recently in NC, the perp (who has since been arrested and is NOT the same perp as in Mickey's case) bumped a girl on a bike with his SUV, she was not injured too badly but her bike was, and she agreed to take a ride from him to get home (all of this could have happened the same way with Mickey, IMO) and then the perp tried to rape her once she was in his SUV, which was in a secluded area near or where the bump happened (this also could have happened to Mickey). I think what allusuonz is trying to say is that we know from the NC case that a large vehicle can be used to bump a bike and hurt the bike but not hurt the rider that much, if done "correctly" and that the perp, after the rider willingly accepts a ride from him after he apologizes or somehow gets her into his vehicle, can sexually assault and or kill the bike rider in his car if it's in a secluded enough spot (as the area by the hospital and by St. Landry extension/coliseum are). I think that's what she's/he's trying to say, correct me if I'm wrong, allusonz....

And I know we were told not to sleuth the suspect in the NC in Mickey's case but I think it's okay to make comparissons as to how Mickey possibly could have been taken by BSL by looking at how the girl in NC was bumped on her bike by a vehicle, willingly got in the vehicle with the driver, and then escaped an attempted rape by a different man (not BSL) to show how relatively easy this scenario seems to be for a predator and as a likely way BSL was able to take Mickey & where her murder may have occurred (although I think he would have wanted more time with her than just a few minutes and would have taken her somewhere else...but I hope for Mickey's sake everything happened around St Landry and in those few brief minutes before we see the DWT again on the camera by Circle K turning on to University. I hope it was just a few minutes and not longer and not a ton of time where she was restrained in the truck while he drove her to a second location to assault her. How terrifying).

i don't think she willingly got in his truck like the Raleigh girl. i want to believe that she said, no thanks. i'll call my mom or a friend. that's what i would have done.

i ran out of gas (new car, wasn't used to it not having the big lit up tank when empty - dumb of me - i know) on i-10 recently and a trooper that was a few cars behind me turned around and came back to help. he insisted i get in cuz it was his duty to not leave me on i-10 with a baby and toddler when the gas station was 12 miles away. i knew he was really police because i had called the LA travel help line before he got to me, and they reported it to local LE to send someone out. he wasn't who they sent out because he showed up a few minutes after. Luckily, i heard them reporting me on his radio while he was getting out of the car. He responded on his radio, yea i got it, i'm with the white female and 2 small children near mile marker whatever. even after all of this, i did NOT want to get into his car. i was scared the whole way to and from the gas station and this was at 10am in broad daylight with a real police officer.

I got the impression that they were saying they could place his truck/him at WB near where the bike was found, rather than nearby close to the time it was found...but could have misunderstood...

yes. that's what they said. they were able to place BSL at WB at the time of the bike dump, not that he was there around the time they found the bike

A person ages 17 or older can petition the juvenile court to have records permanently removed in certain cases. This is referred to as expungement. According to the Children’s Code (Ch.C. Art. 918), case records may be expunged:

•only if two or more years have elapsed since the youth satisfied the conditions of the most recent judgment
•Where conduct or conditions resulted in a felony adjudication, the record may be expunged only if:
•the adjudication was not for murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, armed robbery or a sex crime
•more than 5 years must have elapsed since the most recent judgment was satisfied
•there are no adult felony convictions or adult misdemeanor convictions involving a weapon
Upon service of expungement orders, OJJ is required to remove all references to the petition/adjudication/disposition included in our records. If the petition, adjudication, and/or disposition named in the expungement petition is the only information we have on the youth, OJJ must remove his entry from the case management system and the hard copy of his record is destroyed.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if his record was expunged if the above mentioned criteria matched his. If it wasn't expunged, is there a way for us to get it? If he lived in Acadia Parish as a youth and that's where his records would be, I live there and can go and look them up at the court house if that's the way they can be obtained.

Does anyone know where BSL went to high school?

LE said it happened after St Landry/St Mary intersection and Blackham Colliseum. Thats further down than Circle K. So based on statements from LE I believe it didn't happen in front of Circle K.

I have no idea where the press conference transcript is. If anyone does...can you quote his exact words?

yes. that's what they said. they were able to place BSL at WB at the time of the bike dump, not that he was there around the time they found the bike

And that is why I think they said the bike was dumped fairly soon after she was abducted, if I am recalling correctly? As in the night she was taken? Since the warrant says she was killed on that date, I believe he did everything before daylight on the 19th, including dispose of Mickey's body, and probably near the bike. I don't think he did a whole lot of stopping and starting once he had to get rid of evidence.

You can choose to if you like, so can anyone else. I can choose to focus on what I feel is important, thank you.

Way back, when no one wanted to talk about the white truck, said it wasn't being looked for, that it wasn't involved, and that we should move on and ignore it. Well, guess what??

A couple of us stood by our belief that it was an integral part of this investigation and it was. It still will be up until the very end. Like it or not.

If I and others choose to look at the truck and base our theories on the truck...so what. Who is it hurting? What if the 'hate the truck' people kept it out of the news before? The focus on the white truck is what got him tripped up.

I am half joking but seriously!

The white truck is important. But I think the point being made is that nothing happened in front of the circle K with Mickey and the truck. So she is not underneath or on top or in the back seat at the time that picture was taken, AFAIK.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if his record was expunged if the above mentioned criteria matched his. If it wasn't expunged, is there a way for us to get it? If he lived in Acadia Parish as a youth and that's where his records would be, I live there and can go and look them up at the court house if that's the way they can be obtained.

The records might only be available to LE, the courts, DAs, attorneys, etc.
Since as we all know everyone is related to everyone else down here, I don't recommend you checking. BSL's cousin's aunt's first cousin's sister might work there and we have no idea what kind of people BSL is related to. I'd leave this to pros.

BBM
First off, jujube I look forward to all your posts! When I was lurking I looked forward to seeing you and JurysOut posts! Along with Chicken and ACI of course but I really like how you word your posts and such:rocker:

Now to the bolded part..
I had an ex that had an altercation and a man ended up dead. The ex went to prison for a few years (manslaughter charge) and was released. Ex wanted to get a job with Turner Industries working for Citgo but was denied. He had to wait til 7 years had passed. Once the 7 year mark was up he was able to get his record expunged and reapply, he got the job. Isn't that nice?(don't mind the sarcasm dripping off the text) 5-7 years and you're a saint again!

I will certainly be looking into him for some of these I-45 cases.

I vaguely remember a pretty young blonde jogger that was abducted and never found in Liberty County. I cannot recall her name, but when I saw Liberty County I thought of her.

In a different thought, it is not just serial killers that are pyromaniacs. Liking fires is from the primitive part of the brain. There are actually three signs of sociopaths: 1. Late bedwetting (the brain is underdevleoped neurologically) 2. Cruelty to animals. 3. Pyromania. These traits go hand in hand because there is a problm with brain development and it is possible that this development will lead to socioathic behavior. This damaged/undedeveloped brain is animal-lilke and will lead to sociopathic behavior like serial killers or rapists or sexual deviants or predators, etc. It is also genetic because it is in the DNA and reproduces the same tendencies and behavior. Some people believe it is the way someone was raised--environment. I see it from a genetic and neurologic viewpoint. If a cihld from these type of parents is adopted by a perfectly normal family and has a great environmen, they are still going to be sociopaths. Just my opinion, but believe me, i have seen it.

Does anyone know where BSL went to high school?

someone on here came in and said they went to HS with him and his brother. said he never smiled and <modsnip>. i haven't seen that poster on here since. i wish they'd come back and elaborate. it was right after the arrest was announced so it was hectic on here. i think i remember the name properly, but i don't want to say it just in case I am incorrect.

Changing the contrast does not change what is or is not in the still. They didn't add or takeaway from the image.

They did reverse the contrast at one point and they faded an image before moving to the next still. The pic I posted was of what appeared to me the same contrast as the original photo.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. I see what I see and the pics look the same to me. One is just a lot bigger.

Yes, we just might have to, eh? And also in response to my comment about this situation not being part of MS' destiny, but his free will. I too have lost people close to me. One being a horrific homicide which WS'ers from Nola might remember. A guy attending a Mardi Gras parade the MG after Katrina I believe asked a driver to slow down since he was speeding and almost hit my cousin and his newly-married wife. The guy driving the truck got pissed off, turned around and came back to run him over - intentionally. The driver was never caught and it's sad that the only person who could identify him was my cousin who is killed. He had tinted windows so no one else could get a description. I, too, am fairly religious and believe that possibly MS could have been in an accident or something else if she would have survived this attack, but as far as God planning this as her destiny, IMO, goes against what I've read and learned about during my spiritual journey. Cain and Abel come to mind. God didn't have anything to do with Cain's slaying of his brother. He acted out of jealousy and did wrong according to God. I respect your opinion and the fact that it makes it easier to understand the purpose of it. I just have to disagree that this was part of his plan, God's that is, this was BSL's plan and his free will which will hopefully cost him a long visit rotting in jail and/or his life. Guess I'm old school and wish our justice system would revert back to the 1st form of punishment way back when - if you commit a crime, the same crime is imposed upon you. Wish that would not only apply to these times, but could also be left in the hands of the public. Wonder how much crime would be committed then? Knowing that the same crime I did, could be done to me and by anyone!

BBM
First off, jujube I look forward to all your posts! When I was lurking I looked forward to seeing you and JurysOut posts! Along with Chicken and ACI of course but I really like how you word your posts and such:rocker:

Now to the bolded part..
I had an ex that had an altercation and a man ended up dead. The ex went to prison for a few years (manslaughter charge) and was released. Ex wanted to get a job with Turner Industries working for Citgo but was denied. He had to wait til 7 years had passed. Once the 7 year mark was up he was able to get his record expunged and reapply, he got the job. Isn't that nice?(don't mind the sarcasm dripping off the text) 5-7 years and you're a saint again!

Thanks for the compliment!

Was your ex a juvenile when the guy was murdered?
They may have considered manslaughter different from a flat out murder 1 charge and that's why the expungement took place but I'm not sure. I worked for attorneys and have them in my family but I'm not one so this is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas