LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this guy is seriously dumb. He could have driven a little bit farther into Houston and reported his truck stolen there. It would have been less suspicious and HPD sucks so bad that they probably would've lost the police report in the process.

Timeline in Mickey Shunick's disappearance:

May 18, 2012, 10:15 p.m.: MS and friends attended a concert at Artmosphere.

May 19, 2012, 12:44 a.m.: MS rides bike back to Ryan Street residence with BW.

May 19, 2012, 1:24 a.m.: MS seen in surveillance video at Taco Bell.

May 19, 2012, 1:31 a.m.: MS receives a call from her friend; it was the last time her phone was used.

May 19, 2012, 1:45 a.m.: MS begins to ride her bike home from BW's Ryan Street residence.

May 19, 2012, 1:47 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on Versailles Boulevard.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on St. Landry Street.

May 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m.: MS's family reports her missing to police.

May 20, 2012: The first search party is organized.

May 25, 2012: The video surveillance photos of MS on Versailles and the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the opposite direction MS traveled were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: The video surveillance photos of the White Truck with the bed cover on University, the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the same direction as MS, and the two pictures of the Hooptie on University and St. Landry were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: BSL reports his truck was stolen in Montgomery County, TX.

May 27, 2012: MS's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

May 31, 2012: BSLs truck was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

June 14, 2012: LPD get a tip from a concerned citizen that BSL's truck was found burned in Texas.

July 5, 2012: BSL arrested on aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder.

okay, what are we missing in this timeline?

I don't think that at all. If you go back and watch the press release it seems obvious that they are just speculating. He does not seem sure at all. His wording definitely does not seem assertive.

LE often doesn't release information that is speculation, especially this early in a case. He seemed sure to me, he was just not giving the absolute exact location because either 1. they dont know it (which I highly doubt) or 2. They arent releasing it, just like they aren't releasing most everything else

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

LE often doesn't release information that is speculation, especially this early in a case. He seemed sure to me, he was just not giving the absolute exact location because either 1. they dont know it (which I highly doubt) or 2. They arent releasing it, just like they aren't releasing most everything else

My opinion is that it's option 3: they *think* it's between St. Landry and Blackham because of video evidence they have on Bertrand from the Advertiser's office. Again, JMO.

New to this case.

Just wondering what the consensus is on the following:

It has been said that Mickey's bike had evidence that it had been hit by the truck. Do people feel like:

1. The hit was an accident, but Mickey got hurt, and BSL tried to "cover his tracks."
2. Again, the hit was an accident, but BSL took advantage of the situation and assaulted and then hurt Mickey.
3. BSL hit Mickey on purpose knowing exactly what he wanted to do with her.

Just wondering!

LE said BSL was riding around that night and was caught on multiple traffic cameras doing so. They said it was obvious he was searching for a victim. So it was no accident

Do we know that BSL got in from offshore on July 4th? Do we know what day he went out? Can anyone give me a link?

Does anyone know where BSL went to high school?

I believe it was Church Point High School, as did his younger brother.

MOO:moo:

I know, I am behind in reading. Had a Migraine and went to bed.
Sorry if this was answered.

In a different thought, it is not just serial killers that are pyromaniacs. Liking fires is from the primitive part of the brain. There are actually three signs of sociopaths: 1. Late bedwetting (the brain is underdevleoped neurologically) 2. Cruelty to animals. 3. Pyromania. These traits go hand in hand because there is a problm with brain development and it is possible that this development will lead to socioathic behavior. This damaged/undedeveloped brain is animal-lilke and will lead to sociopathic behavior like serial killers or rapists or sexual deviants or predators, etc. It is also genetic because it is in the DNA and reproduces the same tendencies and behavior. Some people believe it is the way someone was raised--environment. I see it from a genetic and neurologic viewpoint. If a cihld from these type of parents is adopted by a perfectly normal family and has a great environmen, they are still going to be sociopaths. Just my opinion, but believe me, i have seen it.

This is called the McDonald Triad. I posted a link to an article on brain scans yesterday that also discussed studies being done on the use of Omega 3 in children as well as different behavioral management techniques. According to the article they are having some positive results.

My opinion is that it's option 3: they *think* it's between St. Landry and Blackham because of video evidence they have on Bertrand from the Advertiser's office. Again, JMO.

But isn't bertrand off a ways from any if those locations? And they were searching the coliseum area more extensively than any other area right after she disappeared and this was before they had the advertiser video

There is one other thing that I know happened on May 26th. That is the day that a concerned family member of his fiance, began a thread about him, on another forum. The family member posted Brandon's criminal record and his tier three RSO info, and he said that the family of Brandon's fiance was very worried that she was going to marry this guy. He complained that she had kids and they did not know what to do, but they wanted advice in how to prevent the marriage. And people replied by saying call his PO, call the DA, call the LE, etc. At the time, Mickey was not even mentioned because they did not make that connection yet. But it seems that there was a lot of blowback happening in his home life at this time, and he might have had an inkling that this family was making noise and he was going to be under more scrutiny.
Then once the pictures of the truck were released, this family began calling everyone and making him known.

what forum was that? can you provide a link?

I believe it was Church Point High School, as did his younger brother.

MOO:moo:

I know, I am behind in reading. Had a Migraine and went to bed.
Sorry if this was answered.

I'm behind too granny and for the same awful reason. :( ugh

But isn't bertrand off a ways from any if those locations? And they were searching the coliseum area more extensively than any other area right after she disappeared and this was before they had the advertiser video

No, it's not a way's off at all. It would be two or three lights down Johnston once he reached Johnston via Coliseum. (If he went toward Johnston and not toward Congress).

I say two or three because he could get to Bertrand by turning on North College (because it turns into Bertrand) or by turning on Bertrand directly.

See map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=the+...oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

Q: What evidence led to the first degree murder charge?
A: (pauses as if to consider how to answer) Um, based on the information developed by our investigators, uh, and the fact that she was kidnapped – an aggravated kidnapping constitutes a charge of first degree murder.

So, if the kidnapping charge constitutes the murder charge, they must have definitive evidence of the kidnapping, right? I am guessing it IS on film, or at least there is film of her bike in his truck.

Thoughts?

In the back of my mind, the thought occurs to me that he was charged with murder one right away and not just kidnapping by itself because you can bond/bail out of jail on a kidnapping charge, but not on a murder one charge.

He's a heck of a lot safer in his private jail cell or wherever they have him separated from the other inmates than if he had been able to bond/bail out of jail (or be in general pop, for that matter). He may not have even made it home from jail. There may have been some Cajun Vigilante Justice done on him.

I am confident they have enough to charge him with murder one, though, BTW.

All I can say is, OMG!

Hah-- my daughter's friend had a really creepy dad. The friend came over to my house one night and confessed all. He had been sleeping with all five daughters for years. I was so upset I called the rape crisis line immediately because I really did not know exactly what to say to her. Months later I was called to the DAs office. The asst DA told me I would not have to testify and yawn-these things happen all the time --his words exactly.

Moral of the story: DO NOT let your girls spend the night anywhere. Too many creepers in the world, believe me.

what forum was that? can you provide a link?

I am not allowed to link it. But google tigerdroppings/OT and look for Adam.

There is a huge long discussion about this whole deal there because it blew everyone's minds when they found out the arrested guy was the same RSO they had been discussing.

ETA: I just went back a reread. The original post by the family member has been deleted, but the entire thread is still there, just locked and the first post is gone. But all of the replies are still there. It shows up on page 6 of old threads in the OT lounge, posted by Adam4LSU.

This is called the McDonald Triad. I posted a link to an article on brain scans yesterday that also discussed studies being done on the use of Omega 3 in children as well as different behavioral management techniques. According to the article they are having some positive results.

Cruelty to animals.....

:tears::tears::tears:

Big red flag for me.

:moo:

BBM: Oh boy, that is 'red flag' behavior. If you know...Any idea who caught him digging up graves and playing with skulls? Was it at a cemetery? Did he get in any trouble for it?
I hate to say this...but I am not sure he disposed of Mickey's body in a "normal" dump the remains kind of way. I am worried he did something much much worse ...and I hate to type this...but perhaps cannibalism.

:please:OMG I hadn't thought of that. I've never been there and have been looking at maps and his possible routes to figure where he might of put her. Even dreamed about it. I can't even comprehend that.

Good post thanks. Co-worker and talk about this. Brain or DNA dysfunction. :rocker:

And, not meaning to be inflammatory, but you can research it under the heading genome -- but behavior is inherited from the father and intelligence from the moher. It is what it is.

From KATC Facebook - hopefully Mods will let this stand:

Cynthia Lavergne Hello to all.. My name is Cynthia Lavergne. I am the Mother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. There may never be a good or appropriate time for me to send this message but for me this seems to be the time. <modsnip>

Joshua Lavergne Hey , my name is Joshua Lavergne. I'm am the brother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. I would like to say I'm sorry for what the Shunick family has gone through. I was and still am one of the many residents of <modsnip>

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member