LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he may have been responsible too. Remember the truck there had interior door panels stolen. We speculated that maybe Mickey had messed up the panels on the perps truck and that he had taken those to repair them.
My thinking is that he thought he was ok until he saw pictures of his truck released.
I sure wish they could connect the two.

http://www.katc.com/news/tool-shop-in-lafayette-burglarized-and-burned/

Murphy also noticed someone broke into his car and took out the panels, air vents, and tail lights.

Hey if any of you want to take a crack at making sure I got the text right for the Q&A or clearing up some of the inaudible parts, please feel free! My ears hurt by the end of it LOL

You've done a great job.

No complaints here.

:cheers:

I hope so too. But I think she will have to share it with the family of Brandon's fiance. They called in several tips as well. They were trying hard to make sure she did not marry this RSO, because she has young kids. So they reported him
to everyone who would listen.

I think it was a combination of both tips, one from the girlfriends family, and the other from the car dealership, that combined to capture their attention. JMO

I am way behind so it this has been brought up please forgive me but I didn't want to forget.

To my recollection the PI said that he had a few items that may be linked to the case as well.. just wondering if maybe BL gave his fiancee Mickey's Vera Bradley wallet, there would be no reason for her to think it was stolen, and after hearing what Mickey had on her she turned it in as well. The wallets can be quite expensive and are a hot item. IMO. Any thoughts or knowledge that this may have happened?

I have ruled out Conroe. There were no reported vehicle thefts during that time frame.

Oh, I agree that the original pics have some distortion. It's undeniable. But I don't think the distortion accounts for all of the unusual variables we see in this pic. All three pics in that spot were taken from the same camera within minutes of each other so all road conditions, weather, light sources, etc. would be the same. This one pic is the only one that shows these anomalies.

Plus, when you see the same pic 80+ inches long without the distortion of enlarging, there is a lot more detail. It would be like making a huge poster of the image where you can see the tiny details. There were some things that were very clear to me.

No light distortion would account for what looks like a covering on top of the cab. I can definitely see some light distortion in other areas like the front windshield. Seriously, I can see the driver...can make out his hairline...his ears, etc. Could not do that with the tiny truck pic.

If you can see him clearly, can you read the words on that service box? Is it "Wood Group" In red lettering? That would solve a huge mystery for me. I cannot see a driver. The only other question I have is: Is that a blanket near the passenger's tail light? I cannot figure out what tht object is between the silver service box over the right rear hub and in front of the right rear tail light. It looks like a blanket of some sort, but then I thought it may just be the way the lighting is casting shadows.

God Bless You and those who serve and those who have lost their lives. Agree a debate i will not engage in. Too many have served honorably and will never come home. Don't be sorry.

Predators come from many different professions and all walks of life. Too many to mention. As an Army veteran myself, and one who honors and apreciates all military veterans, especially ones who gave their all/lives defending this Country's and other country's freedom. I feel that it is not only hypocritical but analogous to sticking your head in the sand to ignore military training & experience of various predators when researching, backtracking, or sleuthing them. This is not meant as an indictment of all honorable military veterans.

BSL, was obviously a US Army veteran if stationed at Ft Polk, LA and may be a very important part of the puzzle needed to bring Mickey Schunick home..

The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925

So, it was reported stolen on May 26th and found burned on May 31st.

This is just my opinion....no offense will be taken if I am off base.
Your last statement really got my attention, since we have all been under the impression that BSL was incarcerated from 2000 until 2008. However, even BSL classified himself as a State of LA mechanic during much of that time. This begs the question, was he on some sort of work-release that could allow him freedom to commit these horrible Jennings murders?

Was the much discussed and highly suspected Jennings LE coverup related to the idea that one of their own was being suspected, or the realization that one of their own state prisoner's could be the perp and the embarrassment that would cause was the reason the investigation got no where?

Louisiana probably has some of the most lenient guidelines for prisoners who have trustee status and even those who do not. Many can be on work crews. Some on work crews have their own cell phones. Some have to be in the jail at night, but pretty much are on their own during the day, especially those who have value as mechanics, etc. I would say the rules are VERY lenient.

It makes you wonder if he dumped the bike days after the crime was committed after reading that article. Like they released the surveillance photos of his truck, so he decided to get rid of the bike and his truck.

Predators come from many different professions and all walks of life. Too many to mention. As an Army veteran myself, and one who honors and apreciates all military veterans, especially ones who gave their all/lives defending this Country's and other country's freedom. I feel that it is not only hypocritical but analogous to sticking your head in the sand to ignore military training & experience of various predators when researching, backtracking, or sleuthing them. This is not meant as an indictment of all honorable military veterans.

BSL, was obviously a US Army veteran if stationed at Ft Polk, LA and may be a very important part of the puzzle needed to bring Mickey Schunick home..

Thanks in honor of my Mom and Dad who both served.

I am not afraid to look at the truth.

One more time, please be very careful when posting links to social networking sites. The profile at the link posted here today does not belong to the suspect. There is another person in the area who shares a name with BSL. If anyone sees a link you believe belongs to someone other than BSL the suspect, please alert immediately so that poor guy isn't bothered anymore than he already has been.

He was really an awesome guy. I went to high school with him but I was younger than Toby and Kane. But I got to know him because he was always at my aunt and uncle's house. They loved him like a son. My aunt still talks about him to this day.

Such a small world! Did you go to STM? I should've gone there, but went to Lafayette High after Cathedral and Fatima. He was. I never had so many friends until we had a few classes together at ULL and a lot of girls would befriend me to sit closer to him. That's sweet about your parents. I lived in Houston for awhile too. We probably have crossed paths at some point or know a lot of the same people.

my cousin had the choice of either going to jail or enlisting in the army... ??? he enlisted. but got dishonorably discharged. he's now in prison for an unrelated incident. maybe some states allow this to occur? because it sure did for him, but unfortunately didn't help his ways at all.

That's my nic in the quote but I did not say that.
I was actually disputing the poster who actually made the comment. Please delete or fix 'quote'. Thanks :)

okay I am chiming in here now.... my husband has been an officer in the army going on 20 years and has done time in recruiting....

the military does not take people with criminal charges... the military will also not even accept people who are on ADHD medications (they have to be off of them for a year). We recently had a kid with two open container violations and it he was a no go for ROTC.

The military is a lot more selective than a lot of people realize. The military also does extensive testing when returning from deployment. Do people come back and have issues.. sure some do.. but painting the military with a broad brush is not something I like to see personally.

The article linked yesterday to his past crime said he was in ADA (that is air defense artillery). I am patiently waiting to see if a reporter will print something on his history in the military.

This is just my opinion....no offense will be taken if I am off base.
Your last statement really got my attention, since we have all been under the impression that BSL was incarcerated from 2000 until 2008. However, even BSL classified himself as a State of LA mechanic during much of that time. This begs the question, was he on some sort of work-release that could allow him freedom to commit these horrible Jennings murders?

Was the much discussed and highly suspected Jennings LE coverup related to the idea that one of their own was being suspected, or the realization that one of their own state prisoner's could be the perp and the embarrassment that would cause was the reason the investigation got no where?

I don't know where he served time in prison, but some prisons "employ" their inmates like Angola. This could be why it said he was an employee for the State of Louisiana. His "job" while incarcerated could have been a mechanic to work on police cars, etc. I'm not sure where this information came from, but if it was on a social media site I seriously doubt he would have put "while I was serving time in a state penitentiary, I was a mechanic!" JS

It makes you wonder if he dumped the bike days after the crime was committed after reading that article. Like they released the surveillance photos of his truck, so he decided to get rid of the bike and his truck.

There is one other thing that I know happened on May 26th. That is the day that a concerned family member of his fiance, began a thread about him, on another forum. The family member posted Brandon's criminal record and his tier three RSO info, and he said that the family of Brandon's fiance was very worried that she was going to marry this guy. He complained that she had kids and they did not know what to do, but they wanted advice in how to prevent the marriage. And people replied by saying call his PO, call the DA, call the LE, etc. At the time, Mickey was not even mentioned because they did not make that connection yet. But it seems that there was a lot of blowback happening in his home life at this time, and he might have had an inkling that this family was making noise and he was going to be under more scrutiny.
Then once the pictures of the truck were released, this family began calling everyone and making him known.

Has anyone thought that bsl may have been on "holidays" the time ms disappeared? I'm only lead to believe that as the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off theory people are saying he worked does not match up and when ms disappeared if this is SK he would have been working. Also if he did return and do another fortnight it also doesn't match, we have knowledge he was offshore from 19th-31st may as ms disappeared and on the 31st he put a request to be taken off the RSO list and between these dates his truck was reported stolen and was set fire to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member