LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You Megsy for all your hard work on the timeline , They are tagged with the post number in the tagline so everyone can pull them up quicky.

Cynthia Lavergne Hello to all.. My name is Cynthia Lavergne. I am the Mother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. There may never be a good or appropriate time for me to send this message but for me this seems to be the time. Brandon Scott Lavergne is my son however, he is an adopted son

Where is the rest of this quote? It is not on FB or the news site.

I'm not recalling... was the truck found burned or burning? Is there possibly a lag time b/w when it was burned and when it was found?
Truck was described as "burned", so it seems there was some lag time. "The truck had been burned just days after police released photographs of the truck as a vehicle of interest." "Days" after May 25 to me says no earlier than May 27 and up until May 30-31, depending on the time of day it was discovered "burned". In other words, he could have driven the truck for a day or more after he reported it stolen.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8121547&postcount=262"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33[/ame]

Cynthia Lavergne Hello to all.. My name is Cynthia Lavergne. I am the Mother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. There may never be a good or appropriate time for me to send this message but for me this seems to be the time. Brandon Scott Lavergne is my son however, he is an adopted son

"Brandon Scott Lavergne is my son however, he is an adopted son..."

I guess it just bothers me because of the way it is worded. He is my son, but not really. The word HOWEVER negates whatever comes previously in a sentence.

So he is my son, but not really, is how it reads to me.

I am not saying he was a good son. Rumors are he burned down the family home, and we know he broke into a teens home and sexually assaulted her. So I don't blame her for distancing herself. I guess I just wonder which came first.

Thank You Megsy for all your hard work on the timeline , They are tagged with the post number in the tagline so everyone can pull them up quicky.
Thanks. It's actually been cathartic.

I went through all the LPD press releases and the KATC page with all the Mickey info and pulled what I thought was important. Some of it was difficult to figure out because they're news stories so they'd say, "On Sunday ..." and I'd need to figure out what that meant.

All of that to say that there's a distinct possibility that the timeline has serious flaws. If you should find any, please point them out!

I guess it just bothers me because of the way it is worded. He is my son, but not really. The word HOWEVER negates whatever comes previously in a sentence.

I am not saying he was a good son. Rumors are he burned down the family home, and we know he broke into a teens home and sexually assaulted her. So I don't blame her for distancing herself. I guess I just wonder which came first.

Katy, I honestly think she wasn't trying to distance herself from him but to reveal it first. See what she said after:
I am not saying this to minimize the relationship with my son.. I'm stating this so that no one else has the chance to say or reveal what is rightfully mine to do.

I see what you mean about the word however ... she's probably shaken to the core over this, you know?

Katy, I honestly think she wasn't trying to distance herself from him but to reveal it first. See what she said after:

I see what you mean about the word however ... it was a poor choice on her part.

But the way it is worded tells me she was trying to minimize their relationship.

HOWEVER is automatically trying to negate their relationship. But I can understand why I suppose. It just makes me wonder about his early childhood and about the circumstances of the adoption. Was he truly a wanted child or did he end up there out of circumstances beyond her control.

ETA: I worked in the public school system for decades. I have so much pain in my heart for some of the adopted kids I worked with. Some of them were never truly bonded with, accepted, fully embraced by their entire families.
Obviously just a small percentage, but still it was painful to see. Also, there is a subtle prejudice, imo, against some adoptees. Some people assume they are not as smart, not as emotionally healthy, etc etc. So when I hear a mother say he is my son, HOWEVER.... it sticks in my craw. And it makes me wonder about his early childhood.

I see what you mean about the word however ... she's probably shaken to the core over this, you know?

I wonder why her statement has been completely condensed to a couple of sentences (with no mention of adoption or anything)? I can't find the brother's comment either.

Well, we would have to do a family dynamics study of the environmental and genetic families to see what and who should be culpable. My hypothesis would be the biological father....and his father....and his father. But we probably will never get that answer unfortunately. Think of all the things we could change if we knew and could prove that type of information. We could truly make the world a better place to live if we did not allow them to replicate.

I just thought of 2 more things that should be added to the timeline ,

One is the date he checked in for his sex offender update and the next one is the date he filed to have himself removed from the list and the court date that is set for that case.

I wonder if he will withdraw that now or if he will still go to court for the hearing?

Just toying with the definition of sociopath. What I am saying is that when the brain is malformed and the person is existing with a reptilian brain thatis acting on impulse, totally self-centered, cannot feel love or pain, and enjoys people and pets suffering (imagine an alligator or a lion in the jungle) that person is a severe sociopath or call them whatever you want. However, brain anatomy can be inherited (or the person could have suffered a brain injury, but more than likely it is inherited if it is this severe). This type of brain malformation or deformity or injury is not going to cause simple impulsiveness or cheating or gambling. It is going to exhibit from the earliest of childhood behaviors (age 3 or even earlier) and there is going to be cruelty, bedwetting, lying, pet abuse, etc.) Because: It is a very sick brain. No amount of motherly love is going to fix this. There have been horror stories of people suing adoption agencies for not telling the poor adoptive parents about the history of the children who were adopted, etc. etc. Sure, by definition of sociopath many people would qualify (anything that society deems not normal- socio and path); however, in this case this child was starting fires from early on and any child psychiatrist would label him with a ton of labels. Me, personally, I would fnd out as much as I could about his biological parents so I could discuss this with a child psychiatrist very very early in the adoption. If I was adopting a child I would be very familiar with the child's biological heritage before I signed those papers. Like they say: You cannot fix stupid. Well, you cannot fix severe sociopaths either.

Just quoted statistics.

Our daughter is adopted and we know nothing of her ancestry.

Being a socio or psycho path can be inherited. No telling how far back up the

chain there may have been someone in a family who exhibited

characteristics. Because of this, by your parameters, then no one should

have kids then because it is impossible to tell whether there is a history and

no way to tell what may be lurking. In other words, a person having a child

the "normal" way, more than likely, might not have a clue either because in

the old days, no one talked about mental illness in a family.

Also, a bump on the head can bring on this type of mental illness. Unless you

can wrap a child in cotton padding and keep them in a bubble, if they fall,

they could develop these tendencies.

In any case, if a child either adopted or born to bio parents develops

characteristcs, they should be evaluated if they begin to show disturbing tendencies.

But the way it is worded tells me she was trying to minimize their relationship.

HOWEVER is automatically trying to negate their relationship. But I can understand why I suppose. It just makes me wonder about his early childhood and about the circumstances of the adoption. Was he truly a wanted child or did he end up there out of circumstances beyond her control.

ETA: I worked in the public school system for decades. I have so much pain in my heart for some of the adopted kids I worked with. Some of them were never truly bonded with, accepted, fully embraced by their entire families.
Obviously just a small percentage, but still it was painful to see. Also, there is a subtle prejudice, imo, against some adoptees. Some people assume they are not as smart, not as emotionally healthy, etc etc. So when I hear a mother say he is my son, HOWEVER.... it sticks in my craw. And it makes me wonder about his early childhood.

I totally understand what you're saying.

IMO I wasn't expecting it to be someone I knew! Have been following this case since day 1 and I was completely taken back when I learned of the arrest! With that being said this does NOT surprise me. We grew up together I could go on and on with true, real life stories but they will get snipped. I will say he was a POI in 2 other murders in Acadia Parish but not enough evidence for a conviction. One being a young girl... the night a young girl went missing he was involved with a wreck in the same area on the same night! The remains were later discovered by a "camp"

Laffy, maybe report the location of the "camp" to LE! OMG, I'll bet you freaked out when you learned who was arrested!!!

<modsnip>

YO MODS,
Can Laffy tell us the hometown stories? PUH-LEEEEASE...... :angel::angel:

I just thought of 2 more things that should be added to the timeline ,

One is the date he checked in for his sex offender update and the next one is the date he filed to have himself removed from the list and the court date that is set for that case.

I wonder if he will withdraw that now or if he will still go to court for the hearing?
IIRC, it was May 31st and August 9th but I can't remember where I saw that. Could you help me find the link?

Nevermind! Found it: http://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10/posts/419606884745484

We have an entire sub-forum here devoted to murders and disappearances of girls and women in eastern Texas from 1970-2012. Y'all should take a look around.

Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Alexandria Lowitzer missing from Spring, TX since April 26, 2010.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - "Killing Field" in League City, Texas- Calder Rd Cold Cases

I did look at it earlier today, but the link Jdavid712 posted above really makes me worried, because the map makes it all clearer to me.

I think 25% is conservative.

The general range of sociopathic persons in society is somewhere between 3% and 5% according to about a dozen articles that I just quickly reviewed in a Google search. I'm not up to date on this thread, so am not sure how this applies to this case, I was just personally curious at the extreme rates being quoted.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member