LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Ohio. I've never been to TX or LA so I wanted to find a map that identified some of the areas in our conversation and that is the site I happened upon.

Seeing it laid out like that makes one wonder. It also churns my stomach and distresses me to know that BSL apparently has been in the area. There are simply to many missing :(
Here's another excellent site to search Texas missing persons. You can use the filters to search by a number of different criteria. Click on the column heading for "area last seen" to sort by county, or add the county name in the keyword search box.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm

Maybe or maybe like our daughter, her birth mother was a college student. The birth mother's mother worked and could not stay home to raise a grandchild. The birthmother knew she would not be able to provide a stable home for her baby but she did not want to have an abortion so she decided to put up the baby for adoption. To me, it was a loving decision she made for her baby. She asked for a Catholic family and one where her baby would have an older brother. She also wanted a family with a stay at home mom. We had 2 sons and matched the rest of her criteria so she chose us.

Not every child put up for adoption is unwanted or unloved. Sometimes birth mothers decide the most loving thing for her baby is to have him/her placed with a loving family.

BTW, we have offered to help our daughter find her biological parents if she wants to do that. She has said, "No, I'm not interested." She's 18 and could change her mind. if she does, we'll be right there with her as we have been since the beginning.

Oh I completely understand! My point was geared towards psychological issues being inherited and "wired" a certain way. I was thinking that if his birth father was a rapist, it's possible for him to be one too. That's all I was saying.

Maybe or maybe like our daughter, her birth mother was a college student. The birth mother's mother worked and could not stay home to raise a grandchild. The birthmother knew she would not be able to provide a stable home for her baby but she did not want to have an abortion so she decided to put up the baby for adoption. To me, it was a loving decision she made for her baby. She asked for a Catholic family and one where her baby would have an older brother. She also wanted a family with a stay at home mom. We had 2 sons and matched the rest of her criteria so she chose us.

Not every child put up for adoption is unwanted or unloved. Sometimes birth mothers decide the most loving thing for her baby is to have him/her placed with a loving family.

BTW, we have offered to help our daughter find her biological parents if she wants to do that. She has said, "No, I'm not interested." She's 18 and could change her mind. if she does, we'll be right there with her as we have been since the beginning.

I agree! It varies from situation to situation, my birthmother was young and poor, she left me a letter saying that it had nothing to do with not loving me, she just wanted me to have oppertunities in life, she's an amazing women, she gave me life. I could never resent her or hate her for giving me the chance at life, that is unconditional love to me. Thanks for sharing your story

In regards to BL's mom - IMO she is simply trying to say she TRIED giving him the life he deserved and I know for a fact she tried her best! She isn't responsible for his actions and want she is saying is he wasn't raised that way. He was a troubled kid and she didn't start feeling this way over night after learning of this.
Not 1 but 2 homes he lived in (one being his child hood home... log cabin) were burned

In regards to BL's mom - IMO she is simply trying to say she TRIED giving him the life he deserved and I know for a fact she tried her best! She isn't responsible for his actions and want she is saying is he wasn't raised that way. He was a troubled kid and she didn't start feeling this way over night after learning of this.
Not 1 but 2 homes he lived in (one being his child hood home... log cabin) were burned

I took it the same way as you described.
Was he ever a suspect in either house fire?

Thank You Laffy.

Do you think that Mickey was his first murder?

I don't think the girlfriend has had any commentary. Last I heard, she believed he was innocent of his previous crime that he did 8 yrs for, and he was being unfairly treated by LE.

Also, you talked about how some adoptive families were not very kind to their adopted kids. maybe the same thing happened here.

No, there is a huge difference between children who are going to be severe sociopaths and children who are raised in bad environments and act out. What I am trying to say is that I have good reason to believe, from years of dealing with adoptees and adoption and also studying neuro science, psychiatry and psychology that some children are just born criminals. These children exhibit the signs very early such as bedwettin, cruelty to animals and firestarting. This is not because of their environment. It is how their brains are wired. Sure, they could have been normal kids and adopted into a bad environment, but you will not see the same three signs described above. This has a genetic basis.

Oh I completely understand! My point was geared towards psychological issues being inherited and "wired" a certain way. I was thinking that if his birth father was a rapist, it's possible for him to be one too. That's all I was saying.

I understand. It's also possible though for perfectly wonderful biological parents to have a child who has severe mental problems.

His birth parents might come up at trial especially if there is a predator history. The defense might like to use it to say, "Yes, this man, BSL, did terrible things to Mickey Shunick. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm asking you to understand that because of his genetics, BSL could not control himself. His father, Joe Blow from Kokomo, yada yada."

I agree! It varies from situation to situation, my birthmother was young and poor, she left me a letter saying that it had nothing to do with not loving me, she just wanted me to have oppertunities in life, she's an amazing women, she gave me life. I could never resent her or hate her for giving me the chance at life, that is unconditional love to me. Thanks for sharing your story

Thank-you for sharing yours too. <NOLAMAKEUPARTIST>

Oh I agree, I was just making a correlation, I'm sincerely grateful to the men and women who are serving our country, once again I apologize, if anyone takes this the wrong way,
Lesson learned I will keep my mouth shut.... I didn't mean to cause all this mess.

I just read a tweet that said his classmates say he was bullied in school and had few friends.

I live in Ohio. I've never been to TX or LA so I wanted to find a map that identified some of the areas in our conversation and that is the site I happened upon.

Seeing it laid out like that makes one wonder. It also churns my stomach and distresses me to know that BSL apparently has been in the area. There are simply to many missing :(

I sure do agree with you. I'm not familiar with the area either, and the map really helped. Thank you for posting it.

I wonder if he was a product of rape, meaning his birth mother could have given him up for adoption because she became pregnant after being raped. Just a thought...

And if he were made aware of that... wow, the implications...

I wonder how 'bullied' he was. I would have thought he was the bully, but I guess not.

Are there news links for any of it?

Maybe. Laffy said there were a couple of local murders in which his name came up, but he was never charged. Can we sleuth those old crimes?

I just read a tweet that said his classmates say he was bullied in school and had few friends.
Another Tweet: Church point middle and high school classmate worried he wd snap one day he caught so much hell in school

I've heard rumors (disclaimer: said by someone who went to school with him, there is no MSM link) that he was himself a victim of sexually abuse as a child. Then maybe that or the bullying is where his PTSD comes from. There were many people who doubted he could have suffered PTSD from his short-lived military career, so maybe it was unrelated to his being in the military. I'm sure his medical records from the Pineville mental institution (if they exist) are sealed, but I'm guessing that will come out at some point.

hi everyone. i'm trying to catch up. when i click the link it just takes me to KATC's facebook page, but i don't see the actual comments. I don't know how to navigate FB well at all. Can someone copy the statements and PM them to me? I hope I'm not breaking a rule by asking this. If so, someone let me know. Thanks
On the right, click down to "BL's Family Speaks Out". Then click on "view all comments". The comments will open. Then scroll through them until you see where a user copy and pasted them as a comment.

http://www.facebook.com/katctv3?v=wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member