LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend posted on FB that she was in his class in second grade and he always had a runny nose so no one wanted to sit by him. I remember a lot of things like that from school, so I don't find it odd that people remember details like that. I'm appreciative of the insight into BSL's childhood. That made me sad for second grade BSL (not grown monster BSL). It seems like his mom knew something like this was possible from him. I feel for her as she probably knew early on he was but was powerless to do anything.
I totally remember the name of the girl that threw up in class in 2nd grade :floorlaugh:

On that note, I think I'm heading to bed. If anyone wants to go over the timeline to make sure I've got it right, I'd really appreciate it :)

Kate B - I remember LPD was slow to put out a press release. I believe it came out the day after it was reported by the media.

oops. i'm am making lots of mistakes today. shirley and lavergne is the only reason i can think of that i typed Shirley and not Cynthia. :crazy:
:floorlaugh:

ETA: And of course, Shirley was played by Cindy Williams.:nyah:

for those of you who follow lots of these cases or read the books and profiles etc. how often do they not fess up where their victim's body is? what are the chances ANYONE can get this out of him?

They have the date the bike was found wrong. It was found May 27th. You can confirm on the police dept press release.
KATC has it wrong too, btw. http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Scroll down to the timeline.
May 25, 2012: The video surveillance photos were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: Mickey's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

May 31, 2012: Lafayette Police say Lavergne's truck was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

But lower on the page, they've got it right:
May 27, 2012: Mickey's bike is found under the Whiskey Bay Bridge on I-10 near exit 127. Two fishermen saw the bike partially submerged and notified police. Police have expanded the search to that area.

They'll probably blame it on the mother. Moms have the most thankless job in the world and are blamed for everything.

You know, it sounded to me like she was distancing herself from him in a "well, I tried" kind of a way. It was almost like an excuse to me... Sort of like "it's not my fault. He was adopted. I intended to give him a good home..." almost making herself out to be a mortar. not that she needed to give any excuses, of course.

I feel for her because I'm sure she thinks some will point the finger at her and she doesn't want to be held responsible. maybe she feels guilty for not doing more or protecting him better? Or maybe she is guilty for not trying harder to get him help or giving up on him or she had an inkling about some priors and she didn't volunteer information and now she wishes she had? Or maybe she didn't like him or treated him poorly because he burned down the house?

What struck me the most is that she didn't say she was shocked. Did she know something was bound to happen sooner or later?

I'm sure she is in shock and I'm not blaming her at all. Just trying to figure out the psychology of it all. Of course, I didn't see the original unedited post when she said what the heck. That would be most interesting to me and the most telling.

I find the fact that he was bullied to be very telling.

for those of you who follow lots of these cases or read the books and profiles etc. how often do they not fess up where their victim's body is? what are the chances ANYONE can get this out of him?

If he is a hardcore predator I don't think he will confess.
The one who did, which surprised me, though, was John Gardner, who killed Chelsea King and Amber DuBois. He was pretty much nailed for Chelsea, but they had never found Amber and he told where she was to avoid death penalty. That really shocked me. And she would NEVER have been found, IMO, as he actually had buried her in a pretty remote area.

ETA: He was going to serve life at minimum for Chelsea though already...they had his DNA, etc...with this guy in Mickey's case, if she is not found, he is less likely to confess, IMO. He seems to have decided that already...

Do you think BSL's issues have something to do with an experience with a woman since his crimes are committed against women?

No. Psychopaths are now thought to be caused by a genetic predisposition to violence combined with childhood abuse.

Read this one. It is very interesting.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127888976

Differences in brain structure
http://www.med.wisc.edu/news-events...w-differences-in-structure-and-function/32979

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

You know, it sounded to me like she was distancing herself from him in a "well, I tried" kind of a way. It was almost like an excuse to me... Sort of like "it's not my fault. He was adopted. I intended to give him a good home..." almost making herself out to be a mortar. not that she needed to give any excuses, of course.

I feel for her because I'm sure she thinks some will point the finger at her and she doesn't want to be held responsible. maybe she feels guilty for not doing more or protecting him better? Or maybe she is guilty for not trying harder to get him help or giving up on him or she had an inkling about some priors and she didn't volunteer information and now she wishes she had? Or maybe she didn't like him or treated him poorly because he burned down the house?

What struck me the most is that she didn't say she was shocked. Did she know something was bound to happen sooner or later?

I'm sure she is in shock and I'm not blaming her at all. Just trying to figure out the psychology of it all. Of course, I didn't see the original unedited post when she said what the heck. That would be most interesting to me and the most telling.

I find the fact that he was bullied to be very telling.
She didn't say "what the heck". That was inserted by a WS member trying to make a point ;)

BSL may have worked an on-call schedule and not necessarily a 14 and 14 schedule.

laffytaffy, did he ever smile? i guess it's the mugshots, but i just wonder if he ever smiled for some reason. weird, i know, but i've really been wondering that

Wasn't a guy that smiled often ... Always walked around with that long face but things change Im gathering .....
1341639860.jpg

There is always people that come out after the fact and make these kind of statements, "yeah we knew is was nut, yeah we knew he would snap" etc, most people just want to have or pretend to have 1st hand knowledge of popular facts. Heck I am 37, and when I get friend request via FB from ol high school friends, it takes me a long time or looking at there pics to remember them. After saying that, a kid you went to school with 15 plus years ago that you were not friends with will leave very little impact to recall much info about them, of course moo

In their defense, Church Point is a very very small town. Everyone remembers and knows everyone!

ETA: Most kids were in the same class from Kindergarten thru high school.

Kate B - I remember LPD was slow to put out a press release. I believe it came out the day after it was reported by the media.

LPD says May 27th. ABC says May 27th.

And this thread blew up on May 27th with live reporting from WB bridge here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173744"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

They'll probably blame it on the mother. Moms have the most thankless job in the world and are blamed for everything.
That's so true,& if it's nature v nurture argument, we lose either way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie