LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Montgomery County is north of the Houston metro area and extends from The Woodlands up I-45 past Willis to the Sam Houston National Forest. Conroe is the major town in Montgomery County.

San Jacinto County is east of Montgomery County and basically consists of the Sam Houston National Forest and it goes east until you get to Lake Livingston. It is north of Cleveland and state highway 105.

Since he was the only person arrested is it safe to assume he worked alone?

Do you know that as a fact? Maybe he was at someones home, or they were at his? Since we don't know what the situation was, all anyone can do is speculate.

I have read the prior case and I was talking literally. In that case he snuck in through the window, tied her up, gagged her and did the oral charge, after that he made her spit it out into a rag and then forced her to use mouth wash. There is more to it than that but that pretty much somes it up, the only thing and its a thin line imo that seperated it from kidnapping is he did not remove her from the home, but thats a moot point

the advertiser has the arrest report on their sight from 1999, but i'm not a subscriber, so i can't view it. would the arrest report have details of the crime? it says, warning content is graphic in nature, but then i get prodded to subscribe:maddening:
Clear your cookies and you can see it :)

Not trying to be mean but he must be a moron. It is so cliche to commit a crime and then report your vehicle as stolen. And then, gee...it is either found burned or sunk in a river. That is like wearing a shirt that said "I did it".

I am glad that he made these mistakes because it brought attention to him. He may have looked like just another prior offender with a white truck without these red flags.

wonder if he transported the body and put it in the lake?

Dropping a body in Lake Conroe or Lake Livingston (the 2 lakes in that area) would be quite a risky move. Those lakes aren't like the Atchafalaya Swamp/Whiskey Bay area where the bike was dropped. They're not nearly the swampy, deserted place we only had her linked to previously. They are constantly full of fisherman, recreational boaters, jet skiiers, etc. And they're closed lakes. I think if a body was in there, it would have surfaced at some point because unless he got in a boat an dumped it, it would be pretty close to short and there's just not the current to move it from there.

We could assume he got lucky and left Mickey with her bike and we won't find her. Or, based on his behavior (bike in one direction from his house, truck 4.5 hours in the other direction from his house), chances are she's either on his property some where, or in a completely different location. Seems he likes to scatter things.

That, and the new favorite activity: removing all four wheels and leaving someone's vehicle stacked on bricks.

The simple state of affairs here in the Houston area is that vehicle burglary, theft, and vandalism is so common that you rarely meet anyone who hasn't been a victim of it, myself included.

That doesn't excuse that the burned vehicle wasn't investigated more thoroughly originally to determine the owner and cause, and that Lafayette LE wasn't alerted sooner.

But, I did just remember that when I had to report my vehicle burglary and vandalism, they took info such as my name and address and the license plate of the car. No VIN number, no SSN from me. No drivers license number from me. Nothing. I'd assume if you were reporting an actual theft they'd take more info, but maybe not. If he gave his name and a different address, and they didn't have his SSN, even if LE had searched, he would have come up with all the other non RSO Bandon Lavergne's out there.

That, and RSO aren't excluded from having their vehicles stolen.

I am sure the vehicle was thoroughly searched after being found burned. But, as I alluded to earlier, LE may have been looking into for a crime in the area (as there isn't a lack of missing women in the Houston area and up I-45) and may possibly have never even heard of Mickey Shunick.

not sure what the GPS has on it. Could be just total miles, speed, stuff like that. It might not show stopping but turning on and off yes.

I beleave it was a built in GPS they are ref to, if so they are tracking the whole time, also I beleave due to a GM vehicle and onstar , they can track it and tons of other stuff, it depends on the trim model of his truck on f equiped with onstar

Since he was the only person arrested is it safe to assume he worked alone?

I think it is possible he had someone give him a ride back to LA after burning his truck...but I think this was a one-person crime for sure. LE does not seem to be looking for anyone else.

I think LE knows he was at WB that night/morning and that is the date they have on the warrant for the murder as well. So I too think he would have taken the "easiest" route and left her and the bike together, before daylight on Saturday the 19th, IMO.

i agree that he most likely left her at Whiskey Bay too. It pains me to write this, but if gators consumed her body, would they have consumed everything. Is it possible that something may turn up later - a bone?

Forget that, they need to torture him until he tells them where she is. If I was her father, I'd be a crazy man right now wanting to tear this sickko apart until he told me where my baby was - dead or alive I would go nuts until I knew where in fact she was.

Wow! In 3 of the 4 photos the shape of his head is the same, but not in one of the photos (2nd from left). Are we SURE the 2nd photo is even him???!!!

The first pic looks distorted somehow. The lips and eyes are all the same- expression is the same too.

Was it said anywhere what he was supposed to be doing in Montgomery County when the truck was "stolen?"

Can RSO have facebook pages? I guess I just can't fathom not having one. Couldn't find his victim either, for that matter.

Yes, they can. I heard some thing recently where they now have to indicate that they are an RSO.

dont gmc, chevy and ford all offer a free year of onstar? if the truck was indeed a 2011 it couldnt be that far away from it not turning off... my husband continued to use his onstar for months after the supposed cut off date of free service.

Could he have burned the truck and headed out to his job for two weeks? I'm not sure of the circumstances of how or where the burned truck was found... the two dates are confusing... but (maybe) he wasn't headed back "home" at the time?

In the Sierra Lamar thread someone said that a very common tactic is NOT leaving everything together. So, the abduction site, site of dropped belongings, and body are all different. I am hoping he did that just because I feel like if he did leave her at WB we will never find her :(

In the Sierra Lamar thread someone said that a very common tactic is NOT leaving everything together. So, the abduction site, site of dropped belongings, and body are all different. I am hoping he did that just because I feel like if he did leave her at WB we will never find her :(

Yes, it is called the rule of threes.

Ohhhhh A.C.I., just bumping this up for you or anyone who might know...

I say yes. If a vehicle is equipped with Onstar, it is being tracked. Now how long they keep that info is probably secret (but just my humble opinion, they probably can keep it forever since computer memory now is pretty cheap). Now, who owns that info and how much it costs...another secret. They are most likely not going to ever release that info to the public, because the folks at Onstar don't want their sales to go down because people don't like the idea of being tracked 24 hours a day. My hypothesis (educated guess) is that it is all tracked. Think about it for a second. If you get into a wreck with Onstar in your car, they report your location to the local police right? Well, the only way they can report that is if they are tracking it. When you get the Onstar system, buried in the paperwork is probably a release stating that they can track you -- you just dont see it because the release is probably 10 or 500 pages long (exagerating).

I say yes. Others may say no. I am sure an investigator has already called Onstar to check out his routes and where he paused at. Interesting that criminals now have to also worry about technology....:)

If the Lafayette PD didn't put out a BOLO on his specific truck, Montgomery County/San Jacinto County would have no reason to report it. Crew cab and extended cab trucks are the number one stolen vehicles in SE Texas. It happens on an almost daily basis.

The reason would be that he's a violent RSO from another state. Thats worth calling someone in LA just to see whats what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth