LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should. It is amazing what detail you can see. When you enlarge an image it just makes it worse. Seeing the image in true form but really big helps a lot.

I can see him well. He is not part of the white blur across the front windshield. That is a reflection. The far end of that reflection ends at his face to where you can't see his mouth. But you can see him otherwise. You see a sideways view of him.

that is a big ol' screen!!! the biggest they make, right? so does the face you see LOOK like him or is it too blurry, thus just a face

yeah but like I said before, their rejection of him because he was a rso could have been what drove him to commit the crime. "if people are gonna call me a criminal then I'll be a criminal" type of situation. Seems wrong for them to profit if that's the case.

And I agree with another poster it should be given to underprivileged kids for horseback riding or something of that nature. Something in honor of mickey. (if dealership lady turns it down.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As much as I hate to use the words 'pre-disposed', because it makes it sound like it's out the perpetrator's control, there are some people who are too weak to control their compulsions. This does NOT mean these individuals are less culpable. There is some evidence that certain "stressors" can cause a person to lapse back into recidivism. (Examples might include the death of a loved one, the reappearance of a past abuser, and so forth.)

However, I think it's a stretch to believe that the man arrested might have acted out because his girlfriend's people thought he was "off" or disapproved of his past. Perpetrators often thrive on control and I don't think he'd be so quick to give up control to the girlfriend's family.

Just as I don't believe we should blame the victim, I think we need to be careful not to blame the perp's family (unless it's revealed that they aided and abetted) or those close to him. Just my two cents....

i WISH someone who worked with him offshore could shed some light on his wounds or anything. it seems like he's had girlfriends but no male friends. being from the area he is from, i'm surprised that no one is coming on here or TD or FB saying that they were buddies with him. i just think that someone who knows him really well could be helpful in figuring out where he put her. maybe i'm wrong. i just want the family to get her back for burial

:what: Maybe they DO KNOW HIM WELL! Hence their silence... they don't want to be tied to him and answer question after question OR admit they ever knew him at all?? moo

I really want to know why his truck is all messed up. That would really stand out I would think. It just doesn't seem like something someone would do on purpose. Maybe he was making some sort of weird kidnap quarters back there!

These pics are making me realize that the truck going opposite of Mickey can't be the same truck.

yeah but like I said before, their rejection of him because he was a rso could have been what drove him to commit the crime. "if people are gonna call me a criminal then I'll be a criminal" type of situation. Seems wrong for them to profit if that's the case.

And I agree with another poster it should be given to underprivileged kids for horseback riding or something of that nature. Something in honor of mickey. (if dealership lady turns it down.)

Whoa! Wait... Are you saying, that by trying to keep a family member away from BSL, a known devient and violent sex offender and being concerned about a family member, somehow, in any way, remotely, drove BSL to kidnap and murder MS??? He already knew he was a sex offender. He certainly didn't need anyone to tell him or make him that way. Wow, just wow! How can you even come to this conclusion?

Out of all of the posts here from thread 1, post 1, this is one... I have no words

that is a big ol' screen!!! the biggest they make, right? so does the face you see LOOK like him or is it too blurry, thus just a face

I think they make bigger! It is a bit big but is in a big room. That sounded funny!

It looks like him. Not as clear as a photo but clear enough.

Are you able to see that the window and roof are missing in that rear section? Feel like I just discovered a new atom or something but without knowing why it is like this, serves no purpose.

The more I look at that wound on the left side of the neck the more it looks to me like a metal cut (maybe a knife, maybe not) that had been stitched. I say that because if you enlarge the photo, you can see where the skin is puckering from what looks like either stiches placed over that wound (thus the pucker at the top of the wound) OR a butterfly bandage placed over that wound. I could not rule out a glass cut or an oyster shell. It has an odd pucker to it at the top like it was stitched by an amateur. It looks pretty deep into the layrs as their is keloid formation over it. His nose definitely looks like it has been broken, unable to tell when, though it is different than his other pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I too thought it looks like keloid or a wound requiring stitches or butterfly.

A person with Antisocial Personality Disorder may be unable to control their urges, but they DO know what they are doing is wrong and therefore, they are legally culpable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I too thought it looks like keloid or a wound requiring stitches or butterfly.

Agreed! I would think if it was from any female he'd have scratches near or around his eyes! I'm really thinking this happened after he did "what ever" to Mickey!
I hope I am wrong though! I hope she hurt him BAD!!!!

I think they make bigger! It is a bit big but is in a big room. That sounded funny!

It looks like him. Not as clear as a photo but clear enough.

Are you able to see that the window and roof are missing in that rear section? Feel like I just discovered a new atom or something but without knowing why it is like this, serves no purpose.

i see that it looks that way, but it think it's just light distortion playing tricks because the sign looks distorted too

If I was that family I wouldn't feel right about taking the money. They're judgement on him may have been part of what drove him to reoffend. Some people get that mentality where if they're going to be labeled as something they might as well be it.

It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy but I really don't think this is the case here. It's common if children are told things like you're so bad/dumb. They grow up believing it and then acting a certain way or making certain choices because of it.

This guy is not so smart.
I am pretty confident he slipped up somewhere and left something behind (forensics, GPS, etc) that police have found (and haven't processed yet) or will find that will lead us to Mickey.

I pray LE/searchers have or will search all exits between Lafayette and WB over the basin.

IMO he hot footed it out that way, took the first deserted exit, did what he did and left Mickey there.
Once back on the road maybe he remembered the bike and took WB and dumped it on his way through Baton Rouge and beyond.
MOO though.

Agreed! I would think if it was from any female he'd have scratches near or around his eyes! I'm really thinking this happened after he did "what ever" to Mickey!

could be from getting rid of evidence in a wooded area or from her fighting. if it's from her, she is very short and he probably didn't let her reach his face with whatever she was cutting or scratching with. you know like arm wrestling. he probably overpowered her before she could get to his face. makes me so upset just thinking about it

Was BSL living alone in the house or with the girlfriend?

:what:

Umm, they didn't force BSL to do anything. He's a pervert RSO. There's no excuse for what he did except he's evil and messed up. Making excuses for his behavior is bs.

IMO, if the family turned him in and I had 1 million dollars, I'd give it to them. If not for them doing that, this creep might still be walking around. Would that be better?

With all those wounds on his face and neck and the wounds that the lady at the dealership described, I cannot help but think that there was quite a struggle. Wounds on the face tend to mean that the people knew each other. (Rule of thumb is the closer to the face the wounds are the closer in relationship the people were). I know that this is not the case here, but he sure has a lot of wounds on his face/neck. Not to mention the ones his facial hair may be hiding.

Once again, his being rejected could have caused angst and fanned the flames a bit but to infer causal relation is dangerous. He raped and killed because he is a perverted sociopathic predator who likes being in control. Probably didn't feel "in control" at one point in his life hence his taking such extreme measures to fill the void.

I believe LE was onto BSL prior to June 14. Remember Abdella announced he'd gotten reports from TWO separate people that implicated the same person? That was on June 8 and we never heard anymore about it. I think LE was already onto BSL at this time and opted not to release anymore info about it (including sketches), in an effort to keep BSL from knowing they were onto him.

We know the lady at the car dealership called to report him. Also there was a separate report to LE from the family of BSL's fiance.

It seems like the June 14th tip was the A-ha moment for LPD since the victims family had been reporting him since the truck pics were released. Do you think that they could have dismissed the family's initial tips because it would have appeared to be a disgruntled family wanting to protect their daughter and shrugged it off as just being a coincidence?

And in response to the discussion about RSO's behavior. I think everyone is right on. I also assume, since I am definitely not one, that RSO's act out a lot like addicts do. Like, we all, or at least 75% of us are addicted to something - smoking, drinking, eating, stealing, gossiping, etc. And just like it's hard to gain control for those addictions, it's the same for them. He obviously cared about his life and didn't want to get caught, but the addiction won. There's no excuse for it. I think it takes a weak and narcisstic person to do something like that. But, in trying to wrap my brain about it, that's what I came up with. Prayers, hugs and much love for the Shunicks! Hoping they'll see brighter days soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub