LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not finished reading all the pages, but I wanted to let everyone know what I was just told. Mods...delete if this is not acceptable.

We just got back from vacation and our A/C was out so my A/C guy just came to fix it. Anyway, he lives a few blocks from BSL and said the dude is just not "right" and he's been that way for a long time. When he was younger, he was caught digging up graves and playing with skulls. He was also a suspect years back on a house/trailer (he couldn't remember which one) fire in Branch that had two girls that were dead before the fire started but the police could never link him to it. Someone mentioned a few threads ago that there was a murder in Acadia Parish that he was a suspect in but they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. This could be the same murder/arson incident but I'm not sure.

Of course, all of this is hearsay but it is something to look at with his parents' house catching on fire, his trailer catching fire and his truck "catching" fire. He seems to have some sort of fascination with fire but of course his house and trailer were apparently never ruled as arson.

Again, this is all hearsay but I just wanted to pass it along.

Adam4LSU also posted that he was a suspect in another murder case but they were never able to pin it on him. His information has been credible thus far so I dont see why this would be any different

All this talk about GPS I had to look something up. And sorry if someone already has brought this up already still catching up on the thread. But if his truck was equip with Onstar once LE put two and two together about the burnt truck and his claim of it being stolen . All they would have to do is supeona Onstar for the records from that truck. It would include all the GPS tracking of it . IMHO

I don't think he will be tried in Lafayette Parish. Think the public defenders will request a different venue. But honestly, Mickey is all over the social media and is global. So not like they'll find a jury who hasn't heard of this case!

Why not? Derrick Todd Lee was tried and convicted in the same venue in which his victims were murdered. The media coverage in connection with that case saturated Louisiana and made national headlines.

ETA: His public defenders can request a change a venue all they would like, but it does not mean the motion will be granted.

I'm not finished reading all the pages, but I wanted to let everyone know what I was just told. Mods...delete if this is not acceptable.

We just got back from vacation and our A/C was out so my A/C guy just came to fix it. Anyway, he lives a few blocks from BSL and said the dude is just not "right" and he's been that way for a long time. When he was younger, he was caught digging up graves and playing with skulls. He was also a suspect years back on a house/trailer (he couldn't remember which one) fire in Branch that had two girls that were dead before the fire started but the police could never link him to it. Someone mentioned a few threads ago that there was a murder in Acadia Parish that he was a suspect in but they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. This could be the same murder/arson incident but I'm not sure.

Of course, all of this is hearsay but it is something to look at with his parents' house catching on fire, his trailer catching fire and his truck "catching" fire. He seems to have some sort of fascination with fire but of course his house and trailer were apparently never ruled as arson.

Any idea how old the girls were?

Well, IMO, then that reinforces the idea that she *was* seen and the images were never released or acknowledged to the public.

The last quote from LE in regards to Mickey being seen on video is "We know she made it as far as St. Landry". The link is posted in the media section.

Other links state that she was never seen past the LCG Building. Neither was the white truck in front of the Circle K. That part, about the white truck, was early on when it was implied that it turned around within minutes of passing the first time.

If it is the same truck then it passed behind Mickey at 1:48am and then passed again going the opposite direction at 1:54am. My opinion is that whatever happened to Mickey happened in those few minutes.

If the camera at the LCG building is continuous then why would they give us an obstructed view of a truck they wanted us to identify? You cannot even tell if it is a crew cab or extended cab. Either it only took snapshots every so many seconds or they didn't want to reveal what was seen in the next frame...whatever that may be.

I am really surprised that more hasn't come out about him. No family, no friends, no real co-worker interviews that I have read. No one stepping up to say he is innocent or he couldn't be involved or he was "such a quiet guy," etc.... Usually, you'll at least see something in comments on news articles and such that say I knew him or I went to school with him, etc..., but I have seen nothing outside of the girlfriend's bil and one co-worker that said he was nice, but a little off. Wonder if he has family in the area?

ETA: I did read comments about the arson at the parent's house. Are they still around? Does he have other family? Friends?

I think folks are afraid. Still. Perhaps as more evidence comes out folks will feel confident he is not ever getting out of prison. I know some links neighbors spoke but wanted anonymity. Given the threat he gave his victim and what some locals may know and suspect i dont doubt they feared him.

It wasn't stolen. Confirmed by the owner and their family who happen to be LEO's in the parish it comes from. They confirmed the owner was offshore and always parks it there.

I think the op meant the truck that was stolen and nearly melted in a fire after being stripped in another county (not BSL's truck) and not the one abandoned that was cleared. The one that was from the newspaper article.

Ok I'm just gonna say it.

If this was right after impact, where the truck hit Mickey on her bike... Would it be possible the bike is under the right front tire and Mickey was thrown onto to top of the cab?

I know it sounds out there/crazy.

But after staring at those enhanced photos for a while, the thought jarred me.

NO. the press conference said it occured further down st. laundry between st mary and blackham colliseum. so this means that absolutely without a doubt there is no mickey and no bike under the truck in any of the pics we have!!!!!!

I think folks are afraid. Still. Perhaps as more evidence comes out folks will feel confident he is not ever getting out of prison. I know some links neighbors spoke but wanted anonymity. Given the threat he gave his victim and what some locals may know and suspect i dont doubt they feared him.

Good point. Thanks.

okay I am chiming in here now.... my husband has been an officer in the army going on 20 years and has done time in recruiting....

the military does not take people with criminal charges... the military will also not even accept people who are on ADHD medications (they have to be off of them for a year). We recently had a kid with two open container violations and it he was a no go for ROTC.

The military is a lot more selective than a lot of people realize. The military also does extensive testing when returning from deployment. Do people come back and have issues.. sure some do.. but painting the military with a broad brush is not something I like to see personally.

The article linked yesterday to his past crime said he was in ADA (that is air defense artillery). I am patiently waiting to see if a reporter will print something on his history in the military.

My son just left for the AirForce three weeks ago, and he went through background checks and medical checks mental/physical. There was one guy that went to his recruiters office, when my son was there, and was turned away because of an accident while under the influence. They go through so much testing. He was on early entrance while in High School, and had to report to his Recruiter once a month. They aren't just signed up and go. It's a long process. My thanks to your husband for his service!!

I just find it interesting there was "another" white truck in texas belonging to an offshore guy makes me wonder if they really cleared it.

The owner of that truck was from Franklin parish.

It was indeed "another" truck. Not even close to the same year, make and model as BSL's

Yeah I saw your post after the fact. I wasn't making any wild speculations. Just throwing spaghetti at the wall ;)

If it is the same truck then it passed behind Mickey at 1:48am and then passed again going the opposite direction at 1:54am. My opinion is that whatever happened to Mickey happened in those few minutes.

We have no idea what LE saw on video tapes but they most likely saw the actual abduction. Why else would they zero in on one vehicle which could have been picking up milk.

These are random accident pics that show the vehicle and bicycle. Someone asked for these in the last thread but I have been hesitant to post them due to the misfortune of the victims here. To my knowledge, these were all surviveable accidents.

Those are cars....not trucks. My son drives a Chevy Silverado. Hit a deer. Speed was about 35mph. Crushed the front of the truck....deer didn't end up on hood or thru windshield. Thank God.

okay I am chiming in here now.... my husband has been an officer in the army going on 20 years and has done time in recruiting....

the military does not take people with criminal charges... the military will also not even accept people who are on ADHD medications (they have to be off of them for a year). We recently had a kid with two open container violations and it he was a no go for ROTC.

The military is a lot more selective than a lot of people realize. The military also does extensive testing when returning from deployment. Do people come back and have issues.. sure some do.. but painting the military with a broad brush is not something I like to see personally.

The article linked yesterday to his past crime said he was in ADA (that is air defense artillery). I am patiently waiting to see if a reporter will print something on his history in the military.
Apparently not everywhere.
Also my youngest who is ADHD on medication most of his life, and remains on medication as an adult, served 8 years.

BBM: Oh boy, that is 'red flag' behavior. If you know...Any idea who caught him digging up graves and playing with skulls? Was it at a cemetery? Did he get in any trouble for it?
I hate to say this...but I am not sure he disposed of Mickey's body in a "normal" dump the remains kind of way. I am worried he did something much much worse ...and I hate to type this...but perhaps cannibalism.

The National Forest which is in both counties where he reported the truck stolen and where the truck was found burned has been known for dumping bodies. I'm not saying he dumped MS out there but if there was any evidence to dispose of. Also Lake Conroe in Montgomery county. There has been many bodies found there as well. I grew up in the area and my family still lives there. I think it's worth looking into.

We have no idea what LE saw on video tapes but they most likely saw the actual abduction. Why else would they zero in on one vehicle which could have been picking up milk.

They must have conclusive evidence that there was an aggravated kidnapping on or off St. Landry St. between W. St. Mary Blvd. and Blackham Colosseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas