LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that his license and registration are not "flagged" in some way.
1. He files a report about about stolen truck to LE
2. he files a claim to insurance co.

I just don't understand that with all the data bases, nothing is flagged.
No red flags? Unless they knew something and he went offshore and they just had to wait.

10+ years ago I got my first speeding ticket in FL. (been driving for 43 years with clean record btw 43 mph in 30 zone)) I paid the ticket. 6 months later in NY, I got pulled over locally for stop sign. Cop said there was warrant for my arrest. Seems FL never cleared it. I had to go to court, produced receipts and all charges were dropped-nothing on my license.

:rant:
wasn't truck burnt and insurance claim filed all before truck pics and description were all released? That could explain nobody really catching on til after the fact imo

All we're missing is where she is.
Timeline in Mickey Shunick's disappearance:
May 18, 2012, 10:15 p.m.: MS and friends attended a concert at Artmosphere.

May 19, 2012, 12:44 a.m.: MS rides bike back to Ryan Street residence with BW.

May 19, 2012, 1:24 a.m.: MS seen in surveillance video at Taco Bell.

May 19, 2012, 1:31 a.m.: MS receives a call from her friend; it was the last time her phone was used.

May 19, 2012, 1:45 a.m.: MS begins to ride her bike home from BW's Ryan Street residence.

May 19, 2012, 1:47 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on Versailles Boulevard.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on St. Landry Street.

May 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m.: MS's family reports her missing to police.

May 20, 2012: The first search party is organized.

May 25, 2012: The video surveillance photos of MS on Versailles and the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the opposite direction MS traveled were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: The video surveillance photos of the White Truck with the bed cover on University, the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the same direction as MS, and the two pictures of the Hooptie on University and St. Landry were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: BSL reports his truck was stolen in Montgomery County, TX.

May 27, 2012: MS's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

May 31, 2012: BSLs truck was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

June 14, 2012: LPD get a tip from a concerned citizen that BSL's truck was found burned in Texas.

July 5, 2012: BSL arrested on aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder.

okay, what are we missing in this timeline?

That guy sure is a stupid criminal.He burns his truck and reports it knowing that the truck is being sought in a possible murder case,which only draws attention to the fact that he owns the same truck and is a Sexual predator.How stupid can you get? Glad he was stupid though ,as it was lucky break for the case.

If you enjoy neuroscience, and it sounds like you already know a lot, check out Ridley's Genome-discussion on the formation of the brain. Ridley says that the front part of the brain is inherited from the mom and the back part from the dad. The primordial cortex is responsible for fight or flight and all involuntary body functions. This would be behaviors and inherited from the male. It is the actual structure and anatomy of the brain that is inherited rom the male - mid to back of the brain. How they did this research is very interesting. In short, they crossed two female fruit flies and got a huge frontal part of the brain but very small occipital lobe. Then they crossed two male fruit flies and got the reverse. It is more in depth than that, but that is the short of it. Because the frontal lobe is responsible for admin and exec functions, the conclusion was that IQ is matriarchal and behavior patriarchal. Ridley's conclusion, not mine. Matt Ridley is my favorite author and the majority of his writing you can read for free on the web.

I disagree with Mr Ridley, but encourage you to pursue your interests...and his writings. When science can prove to me a fruitfly has emotions that can be regulated, my interest may take a turn Only thing I can find on a primordial cortex has to do with the reproduction system....specifically gonads and ovaries and evolution/anthropology. ?

Some reading for you.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/336538/title/Weaker_brain_links_found_in_psychopaths

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/182/1/5.full

Well, we all know (hope) how that's going to turn out for him.
At least he would have had a chance at release if found NG or is convicted of a lesser crime. Not now as it stands if convicted.

His penchant for arson again because he sure burned that bridge behind him I would say..

He burned a "bridge" (and what ever else he thought would save his sorry self) because he THOUGHT he would never ever cross it again! It MAY have worked for him in the recent past....but NOT THIS TIME BUDDY! ~ you got caught on "candid camera"! ~ and by more than several "SLEUTHERS" :angel:
:rocker: WS and the like! Because unlike YOU sir!... WE VALUE ALL HUMAN LIFE! (ok ... murderers ... not so much ):moo:

One of the more shocking items revealed was that security cameras from nearby businesses did indeed catch Shunick on her bike the night she went missing. Previously, Lafayette Police reported that they had seen suspicious vehicles but not Shunick. The video showed Shunick being picked up by a white Chevy Z-71 truck which has now been linked to Lavergne. The truck has been found in San Jacinto County, Texas, and was burned out.

http://cajunradio.net/details-on-br...sappearance-coming-in-press-conference-today/

I wonder if the video showed him hitting her with the truck,or forcing her into the truck,or carrying her into the truck?

The USA and Canada are melting pots of races from all over the world. If there was a significant genetic component for murder, Canada's murder rate should be very similar to ours, but Canada's murder rate per 100,000 is 1.6. Ours is 4.8. We're just a dysfunctional society that won't address our culture of violence because it's seen as "unpatriotic" to even bring it up.

There are states with lower murder rates per capita — Maine, NH, VT, ND, Iowa, Idaho, Wyoming — mostly in the northern climes. I’ve always wondered if it has to do with the weather. "Man, I’d really like to off that pesky neighbour tonight — nah it’s too cold out and besides there’s a snow storm moving in, I’d better wait until spring.” :wolf:

There are states with lower murder rates per capita — Maine, NH, VT, ND, Iowa, Idaho, Wyoming — mostly in the northern climes. I’ve always wondered if it has to do with the weather. "Man, I’d really like to off that pesky neighbour tonight — nah it’s too cold out and besides there’s a storm storm moving in, I’d better wait until spring.” :wolf:

I've lived in NH for over a decade. It's known as a pretty safe place, but I've had several creepy experiences on walking trails. Because of the small population and huge tracts of forest, it's not uncommon to be alone on a trail. I've come across men walking alone, and one time one man was standing in the woods off the side of the trail, just standing there! I never would have noticed him if my dog hadn't started acting strange. I realize now that I've just been very lucky. Cell phones don't work in many places here. I've got two (American Eskimo) dogs with me but they don't look scary.

I seem to recall it was the Sunday morning when everyone was made aware that the bike was found. But, it's possible they DID find it on Saturday and just didn't go public with it. Don't know if anyone else remembers but there was a poster who said something about the fishermen who found the bike called it in way earlier and LE didn't get out there to check it out right away and that evidence had possibly been compromised b/c of this? Does anyone else remember that?

eta:

Ok, yeah, so someone else does remember.
I remember. I screen captured it right away.

One of the more shocking items revealed was that security cameras from nearby businesses did indeed catch Shunick on her bike the night she went missing. Previously, Lafayette Police reported that they had seen suspicious vehicles but not Shunick. The video showed Shunick being picked up by a white Chevy Z-71 truck which has now been linked to Lavergne. The truck has been found in San Jacinto County, Texas, and was burned out.

http://cajunradio.net/details-on-br...sappearance-coming-in-press-conference-today/

OK...new to this thread/case here on WS (have known about it for some time however)...so I have to ask...

BBM - so they actually have a video of her being picked up by this truck? Picked up as in putting her bike in the bed of the truck and her in the passenger seat?

That's really surprising, given that (to my knowledge, anyway) RSOs are supposedly legally prohibited from having social media accounts. Would he really be so stupid as to maintain an account and have his mother linked?

His name is misspelled and it is probably intentional imo

OK...new to this thread/case here on WS (have known about it for some time however)...so I have to ask...

BBM - so they actually have a video of her being picked up by this truck? Picked up as in putting her bike in the bed of the truck and her in the passenger seat?

I wouldn't put too much into that report/article....especially since LE or any MSM has not reported the same info. I think the author of the article did and does not have a clue about MS's case...and just surmised or took other info with a twist of thought. Clueless. JMO

I've lived in NH for over a decade. It's known as a pretty safe place, but I've had several creepy experiences on walking trails. Because of the small population and huge tracts of forest, it's not uncommon to be alone on a trail. I've come across men walking alone, and one time one man was standing in the woods off the side of the trail, just standing there! I never would have noticed him if my dog hadn't started acting strange. I realize now that I've just been very lucky. Cell phones don't work in many places here. I've got two (American Eskimo) dogs with me but they don't look scary.

I agree, you’ve got to be vigilant and prepared. “Favourable" murder statistics doesn’t mean you won’t end up being a statistic — I’m reminded of the 2001 unsolved murder of Louise Chaput near Pinkham Notch.

My dog wouldn’t protect me from a perp. who could throw a stick or tennis ball while they pulled me into their van! :lamb:

I thought I read somewhere that he'd purchased a silver Z-71 similar to the DWT he owned. We might need to get clarification or confirmation on that, as Craft seems to have botched at least one other fact in the presser.

Excellent work on the timeline BTW, Megsy.

I thought I had heard it mentioned as silver at least once too, but I think it may have been said that it was a Silverado Z71, and somewhere along the way that got repeated as a silver Z71, which may explain the confusion. Nothing I can quote to back that up. JMO.

The USA and Canada are melting pots of races from all over the world. If there was a significant genetic component for murder, Canada's murder rate should be very similar to ours, but Canada's murder rate per 100,000 is 1.6. Ours is 4.8.

We're just a dysfunctional society that won't address our culture of violence because it's seen as "unpatriotic" to even bring it up.

IMO that is about temperature and climate. Crime rates drop in winter and increase in summer. Fact.

whoa. wait, he has a FB page? i didn't think he had an FB page or is it someone else's page?

Are we allowed to post his FB page here?

Edit: catching up from last night and see that him leaving the "g" off his name has already been figured out

So how does this get Mickey and her bike into the Truck?
does he bump into ther and say here ill take you home and pay foryour bike to be fixed and put the bike in the back and Mickey gets in ....

Or does he grab her and knock her out and then put the bike in the truck?
She would not just sit there quietly as he puts the bike in the truck right she would run if she could so i think he incapacited her right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx