LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been brought up, but looking through BSL's Facebook account (before it got deactivated), I noticed that there was a guy on there who was previously listed as one of BSL's family member on his account. The family relation had been removed since the arrest (along with others).

The guy lives in Spring, TX. Doing some searching of the guy's name, he appears to own a meat processing company (e.g., for processing deer kills into meat). One of his properties is a vacant lot a bit south of the Sam Houston National Forest on a street called Deep Woods Trail (google it).

Interestingly, the guy's wife just two days ago "LIKED" KATC on Facebook (presumably to follow the story...).

The guy's wife is also friend with another Houston-area woman that also listed BSL as a Facebook friend.

Should I list any of these people's names, Facebook accounts, etc.? Or is that not allowed?

BSL's neighbor said that BSL brought him sausage to show his appreciation after the fire at his parents' home. I thought that was an unusual gift, but this would explain it.

I wonder what type of things they'll find on his computer and through his internet service provider?

Don't know if this has been brought up, but looking through BSL's Facebook account (before it got deactivated), I noticed that there was a guy on there who was previously listed as one of BSL's family member on his account. The family relation had been removed since the arrest (along with others).

The guy lives in Spring, TX. Doing some searching of the guy's name, he appears to own a meat processing company (e.g., for processing deer kills into meat). One of his properties is a vacant lot a bit south of the Sam Houston National Forest on a street called Deep Woods Trail (google it).

Very Interesting! and I guess I watch too many horror movies: IMO

http://theadvocate.com/news/3290776-123/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom
Busby said after the house burned, Lavergne sat inside her living room to talk to the fire marshal. After the fire, Lavergne went offshore and returned two weeks later with a box of sausage for her as a gesture of thanks, she said.

Whoops! Seems this Cajun crew (myself included) can only differentiate between gators and crocs.

:giggle:
BBM: We Have Cajun Vultures

Black Vulture: Often spoken of as Nature's scavenger.

The Black Vulture is known by some as the buzzard. Its French name is Carencro. It is completely black with a little white under the wings. Its black head lacks feathers. The wing spread is a little under five feet, and the flight is very graceful and majestic.

The Turkey Vulture, which is very common in all of Louisiana differs from the Black Vulture by its larger size and red head. In flight the greater amount of white on its wings and its longer tail will separate it from the Black Vulture.

The vultures are permanent residents of Louisiana. This mean that they live here in summer and winter.
http://www.lapage.com/birds/birds2.htm (Scroll to the bottom.:smile:)

One of the recently posted articles ( http://theadvocate.com/news/3290776-123/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom) stated

"At first, Lavergne lived in a house at the corner of Elaine Lane and Leslie Road where his father had lived, neighbors said.

The house burned down about a year ago, said neighbor R.G. Harrison, and was later replaced with a mobile home.

Harrison said after the house burned, Lavergne visited him and asked if he had seen anything suspicious. That was one of the few times the two neighbors spoke, Harrison said."

Anyone besides me thinking he may have intentionally burned it down for the insurance money so he could buy a new place?

If he truly is innocent and his house was burned down and now his truck stolen and set on fire, then someone has it in for him big time.

BSL's neighbor said that BSL brought him sausage to show his appreciation after the fire at his parents' home. I thought that was an unusual gift, but this would explain it.

I don't think that's really weird for south Louisiana. I've done it. That and boudin!

BunnyHop, looking at the link you posted from another member, is his house on the same land as the burned out place?
Also looks like there are wooded areas there but not huge ones. More like strips of woods.
I pray they will all be searched again!
Especially after the findings I linked about vultures/buzzards and how long they will sometimes wait before descending on a food source.

I think the pic is of the old house that burned down, now replaced with trailer.

Very Interesting! and I guess I watch too many horror movies: IMO

http://theadvocate.com/news/3290776-123/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom
Busby said after the house burned, Lavergne sat inside her living room to talk to the fire marshal. After the fire, Lavergne went offshore and returned two weeks later with a box of sausage for her as a gesture of thanks, she said.

Thanks for the link. I wonder if anything became of that pasture?

:giggle:
BBM: We Have Cajun Vultures

Black Vulture: Often spoken of as Nature's scavenger.

The Black Vulture is known by some as the buzzard. Its French name is Carencro. It is completely black with a little white under the wings. Its black head lacks feathers. The wing spread is a little under five feet, and the flight is very graceful and majestic.

The Turkey Vulture, which is very common in all of Louisiana differs from the Black Vulture by its larger size and red head. In flight the greater amount of white on its wings and its longer tail will separate it from the Black Vulture.

The vultures are permanent residents of Louisiana. This mean that they live here in summer and winter.
http://www.lapage.com/birds/birds2.htm (Scroll to the bottom.:smile:)

I stand corrected. I think the word is creole French which is why I didn't know it. Cajun French has an English influence, especially now. I would imagine Creole does too.

I wish that, too.

Anyone here in St. Landry Parish not afraid of snakes, not bothered by wearing long pants 95+ degree temperatures (as that would be necessary for searching in the wooded part, or at least was for TES volunteers/ground searchers), okay with mosquitoes/spiders/whatever bugs, and could walk away if the land owner said no without coming back with a dog collar claiming to be looking for their lost dog (one of the tricks of the trade ACI told us....which may also mean not being afraid of being shot when the landowner saw you again)?

I'm scared of snakes and am not sure I could be so nice if the landowner told me no (I wouldn't come back without his permission) but I might get very emotional about it and fuss at him.

I'll go ...where?

I have calmed down and would like to apologize to the mods and anyone I offended regarding previous posts, I have now let go of them and will continue with you all in the search for MS

One of the recently posted articles ( http://theadvocate.com/news/3290776-123/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom) stated

"At first, Lavergne lived in a house at the corner of Elaine Lane and Leslie Road where his father had lived, neighbors said.

The house burned down about a year ago, said neighbor R.G. Harrison, and was later replaced with a mobile home.

Harrison said after the house burned, Lavergne visited him and asked if he had seen anything suspicious. That was one of the few times the two neighbors spoke, Harrison said."

Anyone besides me thinking he may have intentionally burned it down for the insurance money so he could buy a new place?

If he truly is innocent and his house was burned down and now his truck stolen and set on fire, then someone has it in for him big time.

That crossed my mind too BBM

Is there an address or street name of where his burnt truck was recovered?

To check out the field behind BSL's home where the neighbor said she saw vultures.

I don't know if this is his property or who it belongs to, so even though I could drive over there and go looking, I will leave it in the hands of LE. They have had LPD as well as SL Sheriff Dept out there and maybe more. And they may not be done yet.

Carencro is not French for the black buzzard. Carencro, the city, used to be called St. Pierre. When they put in the railroad through the city, Carrion Crows became abundant. Carrion Crow morphed into Carencro. I did a paper on it when I was in elementary school.

I went to HS in Carencro and my dad would always call it "Buzzardtown". Makes sense now!!!

OT

I still believe the robbery had something to do with this. And further, I kinda think since two pressure washers were stolen there were two perps at the robbery. Also, I believe the other perp probably drives the truck that the extra parts were stolen for. (Not the 2011 truck, but a truck of the other perp in this case). that would mean that MS was moved from Lavergne's truck into another truck I guess and that would mean that he did not kill her that first night but instead moved her to a different truck.

Is there anyone else that is suspected to be another POI in this case? A male?

I agree about there being someone else. Someone should go talk to the owner of the place. He says something like "it just can't be a coincidence" in the interview and he probably wasn't talking about that but it peaked my curiosity.

To check out the field behind BSL's home where the neighbor said she saw vultures.

I don't know if this is his property or who it belongs to, so even though I could drive over there and go looking, I will leave it in the hands of LE. They have had LPD as well as SL Sheriff Dept out there and maybe more. And they may not be done yet.

When I read the article again, I notice that it said that LE did search the pastures behind his home and the neighbor's on Fri.

Don't know if this has been brought up, but looking through BSL's Facebook account (before it got deactivated)...

Are you sure it's been deactivated? Unless I've found the wrong one.

Only thing I noticed on it is one of his friends (female) works at The Corner Pantry, where the "burn in hell BSL" sign is.

Also, on his Mom's FB... are those pictures of him?

He may have dissociative identity disorder where he switches into a more sinister personality. It's also possible he may not even be aware of this other personality (it may have gone undiagnosed during psychological evaluations) that does certain deeds while his core personality is asleep.

I definitely do not believe there is an accomplice of any kind. This guy was "night stalking", in my opinion. If Mickey had not been out and about, he may have found some other woman, one with a less vocal group to send up the signal, and we might not even know about it. He may have ended up taking and killing a sex worker instead, or someone else who probably would not have been missed as quickly. He may have done that in the past, for all we know. I am guessing if he has other victims, they are probably not even women we are aware of. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55