LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know if he meant to hit her as hard as he did. We do know he hit her. I honestly think she was too injured to fight back. I doubt she was aware of what was happening...concussion, unconscious, or deceased.

I think he easily scooped up her tiny frame and the damaged bike, and if she was badly injured, and not conscience, he initially maybe headed towards the hospital and then realized no matter what his "story" he would go back to jail because of his past and then drove straight to WB, threw them both in the river at WB within the hour. His recent scar may have come from impulsively ripping the bike apart with the tools he had on hand, in the wet/dark.

He is a RSO and a violent person who obviously loves fire, but it makes me curious we have not heard from any other victim since 1999? He's just not that good at hiding his bad behavior. Unless he does have a string of victims he killed. But, it's still curious to me no other sexual assault victims have come forward..do we know of any? He may have just left the bar, been mad, maybe drunk, or just avoided the checkpoint because of his altered license and not paying attention ran into her or he could have had an urge to knock MS off her bike and see if he could get her to let him drive her home/take advantage? None of his actions since that night seem very well planned, more impulsive. As for her not being found. WB seems the most likely for that to be the case. I think the easiest simplest explanation is probably the right one, over thinking and planning doesn't seem to be BSL's forte. When he tries, he makes lots of mistakes.. I think. IMO

First, though I don't share the same instinct, I respect your optimism about his intentions.

No other sexual assault victims have publicly come forward, but let's all keep in mind that rape is the most commonly unreported offense. Just because it wasn't reported unfortunately doesn't mean it didn't happen. In many situations, rapists threaten their victims - and this is just ONE possible reason no one has come forward [publicly]. There could also be individuals who have said something by now that we just don't know about... unfortunately too little too late to help Mickey :(

I still don't know if he meant to hit her as hard as he did. We do know he hit her. I honestly think she was too injured to fight back. I doubt she was aware of what was happening...concussion, unconscious, or deceased.

I think he easily scooped up her tiny frame and the damaged bike, and if she was badly injured, and not conscience, he initially maybe headed towards the hospital and then realized no matter what his "story" he would go back to jail because of his past and then drove straight to WB, threw them both in the river at WB within the hour. His recent scar may have come from impulsively ripping the bike apart with the tools he had on hand, in the wet/dark.

He is a RSO and a violent person who obviously loves fire, but it makes me curious we have not heard from any other victim since 1999? He's just not that good at hiding his bad behavior. Unless he does have a string of victims he killed. But, it's still curious to me no other sexual assault victims have come forward..do we know of any? He may have just left the bar, been mad, maybe drunk, or just avoided the checkpoint because of his altered license and not paying attention ran into her or he could have had an urge to knock MS off her bike and see if he could get her to let him drive her home/take advantage? None of his actions since that night seem very well planned, more impulsive. As for her not being found. WB seems the most likely for that to be the case. I think the easiest simplest explanation is probably the right one, over thinking and planning doesn't seem to be BSL's forte. When he tries, he makes lots of mistakes.. I think. IMO

I must say that I believe every move made by BSL seems to be overthought.

1.Dumps the bike in WB (which is believed to have the handle grips taken off)

2. Takes out the battery of her phone or destroys it so it won't be pinged.

3. Drives all the way to TX to distance himself.

4. Reports his truck stolen and procedes to burn it to rid of evidence.

5. Removes the RSO status from his liscense.

6. Still no body has been found.

7. Applies to have his RSO staus removed.

However, you're right when he overthinks, he screws himself.

What has brought me out my hiding spot was a sweet little girl named Kimberly that made some comments here yesterday and was quickly put in her place. And now I just have to ask why some of y'all are so against this theory that our dear law enforcement did not see Mickey being taken in that video in front of the station?

Yet I have not seen any of y'all provide proof that this did not happen. How are y'all so sure? Our good Chief Craft did say that it could have been on St. Landry, St. Mary or Blackham and I take this to mean anywhere in is general area. Now this ain't no quote but I know what he said. Did any of y'all get that this was not a straight answer?

I think you may be mis-reading some things you've seen here. Most of the discussion regarding "_____ didn't happen in front of the Circle K" has been centered on the idea voiced here by a handful that MS was hit by the truck on camera in front of the Circle K. Some have even gone so far as to suggest that she was hit from behind and thrown backward. These are the things which most here have asserted simply did not happen, for a plethora of reasons which have been aired repeatedly.

As to your suggestion: it's possible that she was taken on camera, sure. But by the same token, Chief Craft's own statements indicate that they believe she was taken several blocks west of where she is shown in the LCG/Circle K screencaps.

My daddy and I have studied those photos since they were released. Now that Brandon followed behind Mickey by one minute or less. Do y'all think he stopped and waited for her to get further down the road? Only common sense says he would have passed over or beside her within seconds. Do y'all think he passed her up and stopped somewhere to wait?

Without exact timestamp information (down to the second), it's impossible to know. It is possible that he passed her up, as you suggest, shortly thereafter; and then subsequently, he either circled the block or stopped to allow her to pass him further down St. Landry. Or there was simply a significant enough gap in between the time she passed by LCG and the time he passed that same spot, to allow her to bike further down St. Landry, into the more desolate areas.

My thought is that something happened there on that video and that is why our good folks on this investigation stopped it where it was. I think the next frame showed something y'all and I don't want to witness.

Very possible.

For y'all that want to put that noose around my neck right now can y'all tell me why those good folks did not stop the video when there was a full image of the truck? Now it has been said by our good friend ACI that this was continuous video. Like my daddy has said, that is because they could not show us that frame.

Numerous possibilities come to mind. First one that comes to my mind is that perhaps there's a distinguishing characteristic of the truck they wished to not let the perp know they had captured on video.

I tend to think that you are right.

Initially (early June) I speculated that Mickey's abductor could have hit her/bike and convinced her to accept a ride to get medical help as a ruse to get her into his truck. Now, I think (MOO) it more likely that he hit her/her bike and jumped out of the truck acting as if he would help her, saying i.e., "oh my God, are you okay, I didn't see you", only to quickly throw her off guard -as she was focused on what he was saying (she may have been hurt and trying to get up, or saying to him/thinking "wth, why did you hit me") coming at her very fast acting like he was going to help her, instead as he approached her, punched her in the face, knocking her out cold. She would have never had a chance to pull out her pepper spray or react in any way to what was happening to her. He could then have carried her to his truck and loaded her bike in the back.

This activity could have been captured on one of the surveillance tapes that we all think surely have to exist - that may be why LE charged him with aggravated kidnapping. Her presence in his truck or bike in the back could be what's on the video from The Advertiser camera.

If he did knock her out, he could have pulled over in any of the many isolated areas behind Blackham Coliseum and restrained Mickey without a fight for the ride to WB or back to his home.

Praying that Mickey will be found.:beats:

and i'm starting to wonder about whether or not at some point she sensed she was being followed by him. if so it to have been once she was on a dark street near Coliseum otherwise she would have turned into a business. so if she started sensing him following her THEN he hit, then there really would be no way she'd get it. i sure do hope they have something OBVIOUS on video because I just saw on Baton Rouge news that it's going to be hard to try without a body. I had read an article saying the same thing this morning, but tonight they had Hillar Moore, the DA agreeing. Craft seemed confident in the presser, however. especially when he spoke about the video.

I tend to think that you are right.

Initially (early June) I speculated that Mickey's abductor could have hit her/bike and convinced her to accept a ride to get medical help as a ruse to get her into his truck. Now, I think (MOO) it more likely that he hit her/her bike and jumped out of the truck acting as if he would help her, saying i.e., "oh my God, are you okay, I didn't see you", only to quickly throw her off guard -as she was focused on what he was saying (she may have been hurt and trying to get up, or saying to him/thinking "wth, why did you hit me") coming at her very fast acting like he was going to help her, instead as he approached her, punched her in the face, knocking her out cold. She would have never had a chance to pull out her pepper spray or react in any way to what was happening to her. He could then have carried her to his truck and loaded her bike in the back.

This activity could have been captured on one of the surveillance tapes that we all think surely have to exist - that may be why LE charged him with aggravated kidnapping. Her presence in his truck or bike in the back could be what's on the video from The Advertiser camera.

If he did knock her out, he could have pulled over in any of the many isolated areas behind Blackham Coliseum and restrained Mickey without a fight for the ride to WB or back to his home.

Praying that Mickey will be found.:beats:
I don't think it would take 47 days to make an arrest if this scenario was captured on surveillance

I must say that I believe every move made by BSL seems to be overthought.

1.Dumps the bike in WB (which is believed to have the handle grips taken off)

2. Takes out the battery of her phone or destroys it so it won't be pinged.

3. Drives all the way to TX to distance himself.

4. Reports his truck stolen and procedes to burn it to rid of evidence.

5. Removes the RSO status from his liscense.

6. Still no body has been found.

7. Applies to have his RSO staus removed.

However, you're right when he overthinks, he screws himself.

1. Taking the bike apart, but doesn't hide it very well or take into consideration lowering water levels.

2. We don't know he took the battery out or the water, destroyed that ability.

3. Wood Group has an office in Houston. Likely with his lead mechanic position he went there for his job.

4. Burned truck is found, he buys another exactly like the old one, and tries to block out his RSO status with white out raising instant red flags.

5. with white out raising instant red flags and likely why he was caught

6. Body in WB may never be found..

7. Any purposeful legal, license, police activity, by an already listed RSO with a prison record and owns 2011 white Silverado Z71 is NOT thinking.. at all. In my opinion. Why draw attention to yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkg005
J.just curious do you have inside information? Please indicate the information to knowledge of the following:

1. We know he did not hit Mickey - I don't recall recall any confirmation of this
2. Or have Mickey in the truck in these pictures - same here I don't recall any confirmation of this
3. Mickey is not under the truck - I know A.C.I. was told she was not under the truck (do you know if the person that relayed that answer was telling the truth?). I believe that is what A.C.I. was told but ???
4. Her bike is not under the truck (to my knowledge this has never been answered)

Thanks" quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Danzn16
I never said he did not hit Mickey. We know for a fact that he did hit Mickey. We do know however that he did not hit Mickey IN FRONT OF THE CIRCLE K IN THE PICTURES THAT WERE RELEASED. That's were all the confusion stems from. LE released that Mickey's hit and kidnapping happened between St Landry and St Mary intersection and Blackham Coliseum. That was well down below the Circle K. Therefore she nor her bike can not be under the truck in those pictures that were released. Also LE has multiple pics of the truck cruising around town looking for a victim, which is why they have multiple pics of the DWT. I believe the only picture they have of Mickey and bike in his truck is the one they got just recently from the Advertiser when he was on Bertrand drive when he was making his exit out of town, which was probably more evidence that led to him being arrested since that was handed over on the day of his arrest.

And no I do not have inside information. I have just been following the case from day one and I have listened to what LE have released. And I do not believe LE would ever release a picture of Mickey getting ran over, and that is re-enforced by them saying seeing was kidnapped from an entirely different location." quote

Not picking on you Danz16... I am 100% for people to post their opinions but please state it as that. Or please back up your statements as facts with a link or a quote. Newer members or those that don't go back to check fact may see your post as fact when it is not.

It is your opinion she was not hit in front of the Circle K, it is not a fact. Nowhere and in no link has it ever been stated as a fact. In the press conference the Chief gave a range of where this may have happened and he never said the word intersection at any point. It is not a fact that there are multiple pics of BSL riding around in his truck.

Most of us have been following the case from day one. The fact is, none of us know where Mickey is, we do not know where BSL grabbed her...we know approximately where. We all have opinions on how and where this happened but no one knows this as fact.

No one is able to discount or prove any theory based on what LE has or will release. Their objective is not to us but to Mickey.

It is very important that opinions are stated as so.

Everything anyone posts in here without a link is their opinion. No one has to post IMO after every single post. Notice that I said I believe, etc in my posts. That is obviously of my own opinion and said LE said when it was fact. I know you strongly believe in the bike/mickey in the circle k pics. Thats fine. I do not and I think LE have evidence to support that and I think they released enough to end that suspicion.

However I have misinterpreted the press conference and posts here by saying they have multiple pics of him driving around looking for a victim. They did not say this. They said based on video and evidence that bsl was seen in area and thought to be driving around looking for a victim. I either just remembered that as oh they have pics of him and thats how they know or I have also seen multiple posts of others stating the same thing I thought and I remembered their post as fact. I have read every single post from day one so I apologize for remembering something wrong. Thanks for correcting me.

Oh and all of this is IMO. I guess thats why some people have IMO as a signature? Sheesh

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I will never believe it was an accident. The roads were not that busy, Mickey's bike had a light, etc...

Also wasn't he in prison from 2000-2008? Or something like that? So there wouldn't be victims to come forward during that time...

And if there were any from 2008-2012 he may just not have been linked to them yet.

I don't think it would take 47 days to make an arrest if this scenario was captured on surveillance

the video that was JUST given to LE by The Advertiser the day he was arrested, i think. that's the video that could have it

1. Taking the bike apart, but doesn't hide it very well or take into consideration lowering water levels.

2. We don't know he took the battery out or the water, destroyed that ability.

3. Wood Group has an office in Houston. Likely with his lead mechanic position he went there for his job.

4. Burned truck is found, he buys another exactly like the old one, and tries to block out his RSO status with white out raising instant red flags.

5. with white out raising instant red flags and likely why he was caught

6. Body in WB may never be found..

7. Any purposeful legal, license, police activity, by an already listed RSO with a prison record and owns 2011 white Silverado Z71 is NOT thinking.. at all. In my opinion. Why draw attention to yourself?

I think he believed in his own mind that these moves would cover his tracks. He obviously thought so, too, if he went through with them. They don't seem rational to me either, rather overthought. Overthinking is not necessarily a good thing. That bike easily could have been carried to the gulf by the current rather than being found. He also didn't report his truck stolen in Houston. If there is no definitive footage or DNA evidence against him and no body, this could be a difficult case for prosecutors.

You can bet that since he release in 2008, there have likely been other victims unless he was on some type of chemical castration meds. It's a compulsion and he was locked up for 8 years and sorry but if it's teenaged girls you like, there is nothing in prison that will satisfy that need.

There are a lots of possibilities but 2 stand out to me because of his history and recent arrest:

1. He threatened to burn down their houses and harm their families. If the girls were from around the area, they know his reputation. In these cases, the young women might begin to step up and tell their stories.

2. If they were runaways, thought to be runaways, or missing, he killed them.

I will never believe it was an accident. The roads were not that busy, Mickey's bike had a light, etc...

Also wasn't he in prison from 2000-2008? Or something like that? So there wouldn't be victims to come forward during that time...

And if there were any from 2008-2012 he may just not have been linked to them yet.

I understand. He is very responsible and I am angry too that this beautiful girl is gone. :(

I think he believed in his own mind that these moves would cover his tracks. He obviously thought so, too, if he went through with them. They don't seem rational to me either, rather overthought. Overthinking is not necessarily a good thing. That bike easily could have been carried to the gulf by the current rather than being found. He also didn't report his truck stolen in Houston. If there is no definitive footage or DNA evidence against him and no body, this could be a difficult case for prosecutors.

Any possibility that this could indicate that it wasn't a planned attack? That it really was an opportunity and he was just flying by the seat of his pants, so to speak? Trying to figure out his next move while trying to cover his tracks at the same time, yet not seeing the entire picture?

and i'm starting to wonder about whether or not at some point she sensed she was being followed by him. if so it to have been once she was on a dark street near Coliseum otherwise she would have turned into a business. so if she started sensing him following her THEN he hit, then there really would be no way she'd get it. i sure do hope they have something OBVIOUS on video because I just saw on Baton Rouge news that it's going to be hard to try without a body. I had read an article saying the same thing this morning, but tonight they had Hillar Moore, the DA agreeing. Craft seemed confident in the presser, however. especially when he spoke about the video.

Your post triggered something...earlier wasn't it said that Mickey took a route that would not be typical? If so, maybe she felt that she was being followed.

Bsl is charged with aggravated kidnapping and murder one. I think that means le has evidence that she was alive after being hit. Otherwise he would be charged with vehicular homicide. Aggravated kidnapping means he took her.
Le said that his home is a major crime scene. To me that sounds like a crime took place in his home, not that they were just looking for her missing backpack or wallet.
If the evidence is not DNA because test results are not in it is probably video.
In order for le to charge him as they did it seems to me they saw the attack.

the video that was JUST given to LE by The Advertiser the day he was arrested, i think. that's the video that could have it

If your referring to the thought of BSL hitting MS and the video at the DA on Bertrand captured it... Not possible simply due to the fact craft said the abduction took place between st. Landry and the blackham.
No is it possible that they saw his truck with Mickey inside or her bike on the DA video JUST released ... Yes that's possible. JMO

The video from Bertrand? And isn't the advertiser a newspaper? Sorry not a local

don't apologize. yes The Advertiser's printing building is on Bertrand and they gave the police new footage on the morning of the arrest. So we are speculating that the footage of Betrand shows BSL with Mickey's bike in the bed of his truck and or her in the passenger side maybe.

i think it was the morning of the arrest. someone correct me if i'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member