LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been waivering in between a house being burned at 143 Elaine Ln and a trailer being burned there. I know we use the terms interchangeable sometimes. I did want to show you a house that had been for sale at 143 Elaine. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/143-Elaine-Ln-Church-Point-LA-70525/2133139363_zpid/

Great find.

More pics of the white home:

ISrpi3xv3f4vc3.jpg

IS16d6wkpvqv8gz.jpg

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/143-Elaine-Ln-Church-Point-LA-70525/2133139363_zpid/

I posted earlier that he burned the truck in a very sparsely populated area. There are only 3 towns in San Jacinto county. The population of the largest town is 2300. Yes, I agree that he burned to truck to destroy evidence, and this time he made sure there were no surveillance videos to capture it.

Got it Jennapuppy! Thanks! I guess I just don't understand why he would draw attention to it by burning it is all. I mean I DO, because it involves evidence, however just agreeing that he was not very smart about it.

Quote:

The very top of this post is your original post that was being referred to as the Chief's words being taken out of context. Without including that original post it would be difficult to see how that all came about. Now I see that it has all been corrected, thank you.

I apologize for the broken quote.

Just to make sure we don't keep going 'round and 'round like Tom and Jerry, do I take this to mean that you agree that the Chief said she was taken between Point A (the intersection of St. Landry and St. Mary) and Point B (Blackham Coliseum)? I'm just trying to make sure I understand you.

Thanks.

I’ve always wondered how LE was able to state with certainty, at the press conference on May 29th, that they felt Mickey’s bicycle was dumped at Whiskey Bay the morning she disappeared (May 19th). The bike was located on May 27th (or possibly the 26th) so I initially assumed that they must have found a receipt with a time stamp on it, or something along those lines.

There are hundreds of cell phone towers in Southern Louisiana, and I guess before the bike was located at WB it would have been futile to get a data dump from all of them. There is a tower at Whiskey Bay! ~ http://find.mapmuse.com/map/cell-towers/near/HENDERSON,+LA ~ so I wonder if LE obtained the data from that tower as well as nearby towers to help make the determination that someone with a pinging cell phone dumped the bike at WB on May 19th? How long would it take for LE to request and receive that data — 2 days or less?

If there are any telecommunications wizards out there, comments or insight would be appreciated.

Also I think it is a big leap to assume the bike had damage to it immediately after MS was last seen.

I have seen the word dropped at WB used. Depending on how bike was disposed of could account for damage.

Most of us believe this because police did say that the damage to the bike was consistent to being hit from behind. In separate statements they also believed the perpetrator went down to the ledge and placed the bike into the water. I don't know that the police have determined this to be fact but have said the words strongly believed.

If you have seen the photos of him smiling on his Mom's fb page, you will notice that there is the same corner cabinet behind him as in photos 7 and 8 on the zillow listing you posted a link to.

But the kitchen in the zillow listing is not the same as the pics on his mom's FB.

I see there is still discussion of Mickey being hit at the Circle K. Physics aside, I just listened again to Chief Craft in the press-conference Q & A say that Mickey was taken somewhere between "St. Landry & St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum." It is obvious that he was describing "Point A" and "Point B," not naming three points. He paused between "St. Landry" and "St. Mary" to recollect St. Mary as the cross-street. He was using the first two street names to describe one specific point - an intersection. Were he trying to describe three separate points, and not be naming an intersection, he would not use the word, "between;" he would use language like, "somewhere along." St. Landry and St. Mary are perpendicular. One would not use the word, "between," to describe their spatial relationship.

Those here who keep saying that we don't know that Mickey wasn't hit at the Circle K, to keep alive - I suppose - the idea that the picture shows that, should listen to the chief again.

If she was taken between the intersection of St. Landry and St. Mary (Point A), and Blackham Coliseum (Point B), then she could not have been hit at Circle K in my thinking. If she were hit at Circle K, is the thinking that after her bike was crushed she outran a truck, on foot, all the way down to past the hospital? I can't believe that.

Sure, the picture has some anomalies. But Chief Craft told us in the press conference where the abduction happened, and it wasn't across from the Circle K.

Listen to the Q & A for yourself. Click part 4 of the audio.

There you go again!! Using logic to prove the illogical!

:gthanks:

Posted in the maps/photo thread. Add to timeline, perhaps?

From June 20, 2012

http://www.kmsstv.com/news/dive-teams-return-bay-seek-clues-missing-lafayette-woman

Dive teams were deployed on Wednesday, June 20 at Whiskey Bay. Shunick’s bike was discovered at that same location on Sunday, May 27. The bike showed damage to one of the wheels and detectives believe that it was intentionally dumped there. The Louisiana State Police are conducting a forensic investigation on the bike.

schunickbay.jpg

If you have seen the photos of him smiling on his Mom's fb page, you will notice that there is the same corner cabinet behind him as in photos 7 and 8 on the zillow listing you posted a link to.

I did see that photo on his mom's FB but didn't notice the same corner cabinets. Good find.

But the kitchen in the zillow listing is not the same as the pics on his mom's FB.

That's what I was thinking too. So, if this white house is the one that burned down, wouldn't that cabinet have been destroyed, assuming the cabinet was in the home at the time of the fire?

The pic on his mom's fb page with the cabinet in it definitely looked like it was taken inside of a mobile home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63
If LE knew for sure where she was hit and especially if she went under the truck, wouldn't there have been a crime scene set up?

I am now wondering if they do in fact have her on video being hit...they are being vague about where they believe she was "taken"-so either they do not know, or are just keeping it quiet, although not sure what the reason would be at this point.

Good point. Where were the crimes scenes? I don't exactly recall.

eta: Where did they search exactly? Hospital? Where else?
I remember early on some posting about LE searches. TIA

Can anyone answer this? I think it's important.

First of all MS didn't die because he ran over her with the truck! If that was the case and LE has a video of her under the truck...they wouldn't charge him with MURDER 1. It would be vehicle homicide would it not?

I do not believe that to be the case personally but if that had happened it would depend on if he were trying to abduct or kidnap her by bumping her and instead she died. First degree murder can be the charge if a person is killed in the attempt of a kidnapping.

Yes but that is not how you stated in in your post. You mentioned something about an intersection. The words were not as quoted. I have moved past it as it stood corrected.

In my post was the exact information that he stated. I just posted in the last post word for word what he said so you would know, just in case you didn't. I didn't change anything. Yes I included intersection. As many others have stated by saying St Landry and St Mary implies that this is an intersection. This is in no way me taking it out of context as you said that I did. This just using the English language in a way in which we know it works.

Well everyone was running around saying "if you know someone who has a white z71 and suddenly is trying to get rid of it..." so he knew he couldn't just get rid of it. But the really stupid thing is, the people closest to him would KNOW that he had a new truck. Obv it would be brand new, clean, not a scratch, with a temp tag. Ummm hello, are you going to get a brand new truck and think your girlfriend is going to get in it and believe it's the same one you had last week? The coincidence that his truck was stolen and burned and he had a new one just like it stands out more than if he would have just kept his and tried to clean all shreds of evidence.

Well, he obviously had a penchant for fires. Part of his MO if you will. Also, when you're a RSO, you have to report your vehicles. He may have wanted to keep the same type of truck so that he could try to dupe the system into thinking it was the same white truck. If he had to say, well, my other white truck was stolen and found burned when he pulled up in a purple truck, then that would have raised some major red flags for them, wouldn't you think?

I know there are a million trucks like this as has been discussed frequently, but interesting that he would buy a replacement so very similar to the one he had destroyed. It makes sense that the scrutiny and fear of discovery of the original truck, and any secrets it may hold, were the reasons he got rid of it, but then why get another so very similar? Old habits die hard?

i thought he got the exact same one so no one would notice that he got a new truck. i'm thinking that he thought if they come to search my truck since my truck is all over the news, then they won't find anything in a brand new truck and i'll be cleared.

if not for that reason then to not raise any questions from those that knew him as a sex offender. it's possible that he may have kept the license from the old truck and put it on his new truck to make it seem like he was driving the same truck

All of these accident pictures were of bicycle's that were hit from the rear by a truck and resulted in the rider being thrown backward into the truck. They do depict what this type of accident scene would look like. There was a story to each accident and all victims did survive and some with little injury.

I am not posting here on this forum to prove to you personally that this type of accident is possible. I am here to state my opinion and contribute what I can to this investigation.

It has been said that there would be blood and other debris on the roadway and I feel that these pictures state that this may not always be the case and I think I have proved my point well.

I don't think HouDat is trying to be snarky or anything like that. It looks like you have just joined and just started posting. As you see this is the 34th thread. We have went through similar posts of other bike accidents and pics and physics and so many different kinds of scenarios of bike accidents. At this point it doesn't help Mickey in proving in which way BSL hit Mickey with his truck and which way Mickey landed, etc. There was damage consistent with being hit by a car on her rear tire, therefore she was probably hit with BSL's truck. We have conjectured at length on this subject and I think many are sick and tired of it and as some of just posted have left this thread because of it. So that's why you are getting the comments you are getting, especially now after LE has released information that she was taken elsewhere on her route and not in the pics in front of the Circle K. Many are just tired of the DWT talk. Of course you can talk about what you want, but maybe this will help you understand why you are getting the response you are getting.

i THINK that area is around Souvenir Gate along Coliseium Road. There is a field that a local said was searched a while back with crime scene tape put up that was behind the Cajundome. I'm wondering if that field is near the gravel? I am going to watch Bayou Becky's video again to see the route on camera.

For any newcomers, be sure to check out Bayou Becky's video. It's linked at the start of every thread I think.

There was crime scene tape put up in an area. The dogs hit on Mickey's scent on each side of the foot bridge near the printing services building on the campus. Now you can take this as my opinion as I do not have a link. Right there by that coulee.

Y'all like to disagree but my opinion is that Mickey was knocked off her bicycle and she ran down to that area or he grabbed her there after she was off the bike and took her down that a way and there was a struggle. She was there somehow. Maybe he carried her over that bridge. We do not know.

Got it Jennapuppy! Thanks! I guess I just don't understand why he would draw attention to it by burning it is all. I mean I DO, because it involves evidence, however just agreeing that he was not very smart about it.

It's pretty well established that he had a penchant for fire. His home burned down about a year ago, as did his childhood home. He threatened to burn down his 1999 victim's home with her and her family in it.

It is rumored that he was suspect in a murder in Branch LA of two women - they were found to have been dead before their home was burned down. It is also rumored that his friend who was in a vehicle accident that same time around where the double homicide took place knew something and was threatened with her house being burned down with her family in it if she told anything.

Then there is that mysterious burglary/fire at the business in Lafayette just after Mickey disappeared.

It seems to be his MO. Burn it or threaten to burn something to keep you quiet.

The Verseilles camera was later determined to be 12 minutes off.

In my opinion and some others, the police have always seemed to know what happened they just did not know who was responsible. Completely open to interpretation as there are no facts to back it up either way.

That explained the 2 different time stamps on the Versailles picture. The time in the press release is the corrected by 12 minute time. You are correct, but wanted to see if anyone remembers that? I cannot locate the photo with the 2 time stamps quickly. Some versions the bottom stamp was cropped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman