LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbors, who said the area where Lavergne lived is a predominantly black community, couldn’t recall how long he lived there.

At first, Lavergne lived in a house at the corner of Elaine Lane and Leslie Road where his father had lived, neighbors said.

The house burned down about a year ago, said neighbor R.G. Harrison, and was later replaced with a mobile home.

Harrison said after the house burned, Lavergne visited him and asked if he had seen anything suspicious. That was one of the few times the two neighbors spoke, Harrison said.
---

Translation Lavergne asked" Ummm, by the way, did you happen to see me torching my house to cover up evidence from my latest violent sex crime?"

http://theadvocate.com/news/3290776-123/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom

If LE knew for sure where she was hit and especially if she went under the truck, wouldn't there have been a crime scene set up?

I am now wondering if they do in fact have her on video being hit...they are being vague about where they believe she was "taken"-so either they do not know, or are just keeping it quiet, although not sure what the reason would be at this point.

Good point. Where were the crimes scenes? I don't exactly recall.

eta: Where did they search exactly? Hospital? Where else?
I remember early on some posting about LE searches. TIA

right. she wasn't drinking due to drinking alot the night before celebrating with her sister who came in from out of town. you know when you are brain dead after a night of drinking and just don't want to drink the next day. i think that is what she was going through. not a real illness. i believe Brettley informed everyone of this in the very beginning

Inside info: she was at a graduation party the night before she went to artmosphere/disappeared. I'm sure that there was plenty of drinking involved. I think you're right on target. If you've had too much to drink recently, more alcohol doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

Some are in ground. My dad and grandparent are buried in New Orleans in ground, But, if I remember there is a concrete wall and floor in the ground. Not sure what determines place of burial, but think it has to do with what can be afforded.

All depends on sea level.

Most of what I see is a combination of above ground, and under ground, but the "underground" ones are all covered with a raised cement tomb covering it. I know not too far from here, they actually have true inground cemeteries. Just not sure if they are as close as Lafayette.

There are definitely some that are in-ground, with no cement slab over...some even with no markers. There are these no name cemeteries where "indigents" are buried by the city or state and some have no identifying markers.

The photos are great. Obviously you're interpreting them in one certain way. Can you elaborate on what it is you think you see here, in each of these?

All of these accident pictures were of bicycle's that were hit from the rear by a truck and resulted in the rider being thrown backward into the truck. They do depict what this type of accident scene would look like. There was a story to each accident and all victims did survive and some with little injury.

I am not posting here on this forum to prove to you personally that this type of accident is possible. I am here to state my opinion and contribute what I can to this investigation.

It has been said that there would be blood and other debris on the roadway and I feel that these pictures state that this may not always be the case and I think I have proved my point well.

I totally agree. My assertion was that I didn't think they'd release a picture of her underneath a truck and then pretend like they had no idea what happened to her. And that the laws of physics did not bode well for the "bike is under the truck" theory. Of course that's just my opinion.

Btw 1:47 is the time she was in the Versailles pic.

The Verseilles camera was later determined to be 12 minutes off.

In my opinion and some others, the police have always seemed to know what happened they just did not know who was responsible. Completely open to interpretation as there are no facts to back it up either way.

Q: Chief, any better indication (inaudible) where or around she was taken?
A: Based on what we know in the video we would have to say between St. Landry and St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum. Somewhere between there.

This is his exact words. I fail to see how his words are taken out of context. This is exactly what he said.

Yes but that is not how you stated in in your post. You mentioned something about an intersection. The words were not as quoted. I have moved past it as it stood corrected.

It's starting to encroach on nothing more than morbid curiosity that some want to see video PROOF that MS was hit by or even under a truck. What other purpose could that serve?

That part is in LE's hands now.....

A news article I don't remember seeing before posted on here. (If so, sorry!) It talks about the search of his house, has quotes from neighbors, and shows another vehicle that was searched on his property.

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120708/NEWS01/207080320/Teams-continue-search-clues

bilde

Great find, thank-you for posting!

There are "numerous other cars" according to this article. So, add this unidentifiable Silver Car, to the two red cars, as known BL vehicles.

Do any of the locals know exactly how many cars are on his property, makes, models or colours?

If this guy is a repeat offender, knowing the vehicles he could have been operating in would be useful.

So question - How does one go about looking up property records in St. Landry Parish? The reason I ask is this:

"In July 2010, Lavergne bought a piece of property in Bayou Ridge Subdivision, off U.S. 190 in rural St. Landry Parish. The purchase included a mobile home that sits on the corner of Leslie Road and Elaine Lane, according to the St. Landry Parish Clerk of Court’s office"

http://www.dailyworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012120707001

I took this to mean he bought some OTHER land off of 190 that included the purchase of the mobile home, as there are quotes from other sources that the land he is currently on had a house there until last year and he lived in that house. Obviously I could be wrong reading that all wrong, but at the very lease it needs to be looked into to see if he owns any other property.

Source and quote about house fire and how long he's lived there: (bbm)

"I was shocked as hell. I couldn't even eat yesterday," Shirley said Friday, sitting on her porch as investigators combed the area.
Shirley said Lavergne moved to the area about two years ago and she got to know him when the large white house on his lot burned last year.
"He was in my house for more than a hour when his house burned. I never would have thought that of him," Shirley said.
She said Lavergne tended to keep to himself, only occasionally being visited by a woman Shirley described as his girlfriend or another man about Lavergne's age."

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120708/NEWS01/207080320/Teams-continue-search-clues

People have been waivering in between a house being burned at 143 Elaine Ln and a trailer being burned there. I know we use the terms interchangeable sometimes. I did want to show you a house that had been for sale at 143 Elaine. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/143-Elaine-Ln-Church-Point-LA-70525/2133139363_zpid/

chicken, thank you for this post. I've quit participating really in this thread because the whole MS run over by the truck in front of the Circle K keeps being brought up over and over. Finally I thought we could get past it because we have from LE's mouth something said that would make her being run over in front of the Circle K an impossibility, yet the conversation still dominates this thread. At Tiger Droppings, WS is being laughed at because this theory dominates the pages. It's sad because I like a lot of the posters here and there's interesting information.

I invite you to participate in the Tiger Droppings thread. I'm not implying that that thread is better, or that you should stop participating in this thread, just that their policy on putting an unpopular theory to rest pretty darn quickly with some serious condemnation precludes that thread from having any rather exotic theories as to what happened to Mickey.

BBM
See, that's what I respect most about WS. This is a site where we don't have to fear being seriously condemned for voicing an opinion, no matter how unpopular it is, as long as it is victim-friendly and not bashing a fellow poster. That said, I understand that may not be comfortable for others. It's great that there are forums for all of us out there!

I do believe it is a TOS violation to tell me what and how to post.

I have read all threads here but in my opinion only the police have the authority to completely rule out any theory and they have not publicly done so. And as far as I am aware all opinions are welcome on this forum.

The police HAVE completely ruled out the theory that she was run over by the truck in front of the circle k and that she is under the truck in the picture. They did so by saying she was abducted between the intersection of St. Landry/St. Mary and The Blackham coliseum. The Circle K is hundreds of yards before, and not between those two points.

Also, ACI asked LE if Mickey is under the truck in the pic and they told him no.

Why did he burn his house down? Evidence of another crime? (I am speculating that he burned his house down.)

Shirley said Lavergne moved to the area about two years ago and she got to know him when the large white house on his lot burned last year.

"He was in my house for more than a hour when his house burned. I never would have thought that of him," Shirley said.

She said Lavergne tended to keep to himself, only occasionally being visited by a woman Shirley described as his girlfriend or another man about Lavergne's age

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/2...20/Teams-continue-search-clues?nclick_check=1

People have been waivering in between a house being burned at 143 Elaine Ln and a trailer being burned there. I know we use the terms interchangeable sometimes. I did want to show you a house that had been for sale at 143 Elaine. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/143-Elaine-Ln-Church-Point-LA-70525/2133139363_zpid/

If you have seen the photos of him smiling on his Mom's fb page, you will notice that there is the same corner cabinet behind him as in photos 7 and 8 on the zillow listing you posted a link to.

I know there are a million trucks like this as has been discussed frequently, but interesting that he would buy a replacement so very similar to the one he had destroyed. It makes sense that the scrutiny and fear of discovery of the original truck, and any secrets it may hold, were the reasons he got rid of it, but then why get another so very similar? Old habits die hard?

Well everyone was running around saying "if you know someone who has a white z71 and suddenly is trying to get rid of it..." so he knew he couldn't just get rid of it. But the really stupid thing is, the people closest to him would KNOW that he had a new truck. Obv it would be brand new, clean, not a scratch, with a temp tag. Ummm hello, are you going to get a brand new truck and think your girlfriend is going to get in it and believe it's the same one you had last week? The coincidence that his truck was stolen and burned and he had a new one just like it stands out more than if he would have just kept his and tried to clean all shreds of evidence.

Well everyone was running around saying "if you know someone who has a white z71 and suddenly is trying to get rid of it..." so he knew he couldn't just get rid of it. But the really stupid thing is, the people closest to him would KNOW that he had a new truck. Obv it would be brand new, clean, not a scratch, with a temp tag. Ummm hello, are you going to get a brand new truck and think your girlfriend is going to get in it and believe it's the same one you had last week? The coincidence that his truck was stolen and burned and he had a new one just like it stands out more than if he would have just kept his and tried to clean all shreds of evidence.

He created a trap for himself the moment he damaged his truck. Had he not damaged his truck, he may have gotten away with it.

ETA: This also speaks to me of an impulsive act. There would have been ways to waylay a bike rider without damaging the truck, had he thought it through.

If you have seen the photos of him smiling on his Mom's fb page, you will notice that there is the same corner cabinet behind him as in photos 7 and 8 on the zillow listing you posted a link to.

Yeah, I thought so too. Was this house listed for sale the other day when it was first linked here? I thought so. But now it's not.

eta: nm. I guess it wasn't recently for sale. I scrolled down and saw the listing was removed 2 years ago.

All of these accident pictures were of bicycle's that were hit from the rear by a truck and resulted in the rider being thrown backward into the truck. They do depict what this type of accident scene would look like. There was a story to each accident and all victims did survive and some with little injury.

I am not posting here on this forum to prove to you personally that this type of accident is possible. I am here to state my opinion and contribute what I can to this investigation.

It has been said that there would be blood and other debris on the roadway and I feel that these pictures state that this may not always be the case and I think I have proved my point well.

Hi CS,
I'm glad you are stating your opinions like so many others, whether I agree or not. I am happy to see many locals here giving perspective many of us may not have. My heart goes out to both families, I cannot even imagine.

You are a tight community looking out for one another, I respect that.

IMHO, this is an emotional topic for many of us as seen by the personal comments submitted by many.

I try not to take anything personally and tend to scroll past comments that do not resonate with me. I speak only for myself.

I hope you will continue to share your insight.

:blowkiss: :twocents:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island hopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkg005
J.just curious do you have inside information? Please indicate the information to knowledge of the following:

1. We know he did not hit Mickey - I don't recall recall any confirmation of this
2. Or have Mickey in the truck in these pictures - same here I don't recall any confirmation of this
3. Mickey is not under the truck - I know A.C.I. was told she was not under the truck (do you know if the person that relayed that answer was telling the truth?). I believe that is what A.C.I. was told but ???
4. Her bike is not under the truck (to my knowledge this has never been answered)

Thanks" quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Danzn16
I never said he did not hit Mickey. We know for a fact that he did hit Mickey. We do know however that he did not hit Mickey IN FRONT OF THE CIRCLE K IN THE PICTURES THAT WERE RELEASED. That's were all the confusion stems from. LE released that Mickey's hit and kidnapping happened between St Landry and St Mary intersection and Blackham Coliseum. That was well down below the Circle K. Therefore she nor her bike can not be under the truck in those pictures that were released. Also LE has multiple pics of the truck cruising around town looking for a victim, which is why they have multiple pics of the DWT. I believe the only picture they have of Mickey and bike in his truck is the one they got just recently from the Advertiser when he was on Bertrand drive when he was making his exit out of town, which was probably more evidence that led to him being arrested since that was handed over on the day of his arrest.

And no I do not have inside information. I have just been following the case from day one and I have listened to what LE have released. And I do not believe LE would ever release a picture of Mickey getting ran over, and that is re-enforced by them saying seeing was kidnapped from an entirely different location." quote

Not picking on you Danz16... I am 100% for people to post their opinions but please state it as that. Or please back up your statements as facts with a link or a quote. Newer members or those that don't go back to check fact may see your post as fact when it is not.

It is your opinion she was not hit in front of the Circle K, it is not a fact. Nowhere and in no link has it ever been stated as a fact. In the press conference the Chief gave a range of where this may have happened and he never said the word intersection at any point. It is not a fact that there are multiple pics of BSL riding around in his truck.

Most of us have been following the case from day one. The fact is, none of us know where Mickey is, we do not know where BSL grabbed her...we know approximately where. We all have opinions on how and where this happened but no one knows this as fact.

No one is able to discount or prove any theory based on what LE has or will release. Their objective is not to us but to Mickey.

It is very important that opinions are stated as so.
Everything anyone posts in here without a link is their opinion. No one has to post IMO after every single post. Notice that I said I believe, etc in my posts. That is obviously of my own opinion and said LE said when it was fact. I know you strongly believe in the bike/mickey in the circle k pics. Thats fine. I do not and I think LE have evidence to support that and I think they released enough to end that suspicion.

However I have misinterpreted the press conference and posts here by saying they have multiple pics of him driving around looking for a victim. They did not say this. They said based on video and evidence that bsl was seen in area and thought to be driving around looking for a victim. I either just remembered that as oh they have pics of him and thats how they know or I have also seen multiple posts of others stating the same thing I thought and I remembered their post as fact. I have read every single post from day one so I apologize for remembering something wrong. Thanks for correcting me.

Oh and all of this is IMO. I guess thats why some people have IMO as a signature? Sheesh

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2quote]

Q: Chief, any better indication (inaudible) where or around she was taken?
A: Based on what we know in the video we would have to say between St. Landry and St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum. Somewhere between there.

This is his exact words. I fail to see how his words are taken out of context. This is exactly what he said.

The very top of this post is your original post that was being referred to as the Chief's words being taken out of context. Without including that original post it would be difficult to see how that all came about. Now I see that it has all been corrected, thank you.

I apologize for the broken quote.

I don't think people should take people's opinions so personal, jeez lol. It's an opinion thread..don't comment if you can't handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3