LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the only reason I think that it is the same girl is because it was reported he had 2 kids and his wife took sole custody. And timing says that if they had been married a little over year in October 2000 it is impossible to have 2 kids in this time after he had a previous Gf in 1999, unless of course they were twins.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925

The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County.

There are no media reports detailing when the truck was actually found. San Jacinto Co has a newspaper that only comes out once a week, and it's not available online.

Okay, but I thought I read another article that made it sound like on the same day the truck was found it had been reported stolen...so maybe one MSM has it wrong...

In an interview with the victim of the rape, in which he climbed in a bedroom window and blindfolded and hogtied the poor girl, she said that she thought she recognized the voice of her rapist. It sounded like her cousin's boyfriend. And guess what---Brandon was the boyfriend of the poor girl's cousin. But I am not sure if that is the girlfriend that he married, but I don't think so. Or they would have said 'wife' and not girlfriend.

I have the report saved, read it several times. I just wasn't quite sure was aussie was asking at first.

BSL was in prison.

Is there any way to find out if BSL was in the Camp Beauregard Youth Challenge program in Pineville? I think he was there rather than a mental hospital. He did not graduate from his high school.

Do they list their graduates? In what year would he have graduated?

I may be able yo find out. So hard to type on a kindle!!'

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ok the only reason I think that it is the same girl is because it was reported he had 2 kids and his wife took sole custody. And timing says that if they had been married a little over year in October 2000 it is impossible to have 2 kids in this time after he had a previous Gf in 1999, unless of course they were twins.

Judging from his fathers obituary, I am positive BSL had only 1 daughter

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The article says they got divorced after being married for a little over a year. I was thinking...so they must have had a kid before getting married (if there were 2 kids). Where are we getting 2 confirmed kids from though? I only knew there was one.

OT - Well sort of. Do they NOT screen callers on Nancy Grace before they let them on the air? Wow. Just wow. I do love how NG called him a freak. It was the way she said it that cracked me up. There was so much seething in her voice.

my husband can't stand her as well as i see many here can't,
i think i'm in the minority here when i say that i love Nancy Grace. She cracks me up. she is hilarious. i watched her a lot with the Aruba missing girl and Laci Peterson. i didn't get to watch the show tonight, however. anyone have a link to it?

either way Rock on Nancy!!!:rocker:

Judging from his fathers obituary, I am positive BSL had only 1 daughter

Yes, that's what I thought. B/c I heard that the wife filed for divorce, had his parental rights revoked, and changed the daughter's last name. There was only ever mention of "the daughter" not more than one child.

Do they list their graduates? In what year would he have graduated?

I may be able yo find out. So hard to type on a kindle!!'

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

he got his GED, but he would've graduated in 96 i think.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The article says they got divorced after being married for a little over a year. I was thinking...so they must have had a kid before getting married. Where are we getting 2 confirmed kids from though? I only knew there was one.

An article from when he was arrested. But also can be unreliable/hearsay. You are Probally right lol

Yes, that's what I thought. B/c I heard that the wife filed for divorce, had his parental rights revoked, and changed the daughter's last name. There was only ever mention of "the daughter" not more than one child.

whoa!! wait!! whaaaaat? BSL has a kid?:what:

"The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County."

There are no media reports detailing when the truck was actually found. San Jacinto Co has a newspaper that only comes out once a week, and it's not available online.

I will be in this area the week of July 23. Does anyone have an address to the newspaper's office? Most newspapers keep old additions. I can go by and get every Thursday edition dating back to the end of May.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The article says they got divorced after being married for a little over a year. I was thinking...so they must have had a kid before getting married (if there were 2 kids). Where are we getting 2 confirmed kids from though? I only knew there was one.

I think his wife may have had a child when they married. Then they had one together.

"The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County."

There is this one which conflicts with the Montgomery County Police Reporter account.

07/06/2012 07:41 PM by Erin Steuber

...June 14th, when an unknown caller phoned the tip line, relaying the information about the burned truck in Texas. The truck was Lavergne's, and he actually called deputies in Montgomery County Texas to report it missing the same day it was found (May 31st)
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

I don't think his girlfriends family knew about him being an RSO at the time Mickey was abducted. I believe they found out about his RSO status around the 25th and 26th, nearly a week later. Her family member started a thread about it on the afternoon of the 26th, and it seemed like they had just found out that he was a sex offender.

I don't think he needed a trigger like that to have the desire to rape and kill a girl. I think he felt that way routinely. JMO

The family member stated they knew about his RSO status as they were concerned about her kids. This was BEFORE Mickey was kidnapped.

Thank God his current fiance's family interfered. They may have saved her a lot of misery.

Didn't he also say in those posts BSL was offshore for two more weeks..so it's possible he had just left to go "offshore" likely out of TX, but was actually just working in Houston? Dates/timelines don't fit. :notgood:

It's my opinion that he lied about going offshore to wrap up what he needed to do. I also think it's why he spent those days in Texas. Back home everyone thinks he's offshore when in reality he's in the neighboring state.

I think it is normal procedure...seems to be the same in Sierra's case as far as we can tell. They will fill the family in once they have to tell his attorneys their case, as they will have to convince the family that Mickie is deceased in order to help the case at trial.

I think they just have to be careful before the time comes when they have to give more details; not sure if that will happen at the arraignment.

I remember in Carrie Culbertson's case (she was never found) it took LE a long time to convince her mother that she had to testify that her daughter was dead if she wanted a conviction. So they did share everything they had by that point, but probably not sooner. And she did testify and her ex-boyfriend was convicted.

everyone is different, you know like those that can wait to find out teh sex of their baby and those that can't no matter what. there would be no way LE would leave me in the dark. i would need to know everything. not judging them at all, just saying that there would be no way i'd let them keep anything from me. i'd drive them crazy Alllllll day long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28