LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I wondered the same thing. However, according to Megsy's terrific timeline:

1. He ditched the truck somewhere in San Jacinto Co. on or around May 26.
2. On May 26, he reports the truck stolen in Montgomery Co. (about 35 miles away from where he ditched the truck)
3. On May 31, at 9:51 am, he rents a car in Spring, Tx, which is in Harris Co.
(about 20 miles from where he filed the police report, and over 50 miles away from where he ditched the truck)
4. The burned truck was discovered on May 31. We don't know the time of day, or if it was actually burning at the time of discovery.

There was time for him to set fire to the truck after he rented the car. However, he had already reported it stolen 5 days before it was found, and he was on the move and very busy for those 5 days.
IMO

ETA: according to the press conference, LE believes he set it on fire the same day he reported it stolen.

Dont forget he also filed paperwork at a courthouse ,I am unsure which one however.
He was running arround crazy busy on that day. We should do a map.

I WANT to believe your theory, however, I have SERIOUS doubts that he has gone from his release in 2008 until May 19, 2012 WITHOUT committing any crimes. Just given his history, his seemingly obsession with fire, the aggression of his first assault, the assault on his ex-wife, just screams serial killer to me. Perhaps Mickey was his first murder, but I would not be surprised at all if other sexual assault victims start coming out of the woodwork now that he is behind bars.

All my opinion, of course

I agree with your suggestion that there likely were others, especially since we know he threatened his 1999 victim to keep quiet or he'd burn down her house. Who knows how many were too scared to come forward before...

I WANT to believe your theory, however, I have SERIOUS doubts that he has gone from his release in 2008 until May 19, 2012 WITHOUT committing any crimes. Just given his history, his seemingly obsession with fire, the aggression of his first assault, the assault on his ex-wife, just screams serial killer to me. Perhaps Mickey was his first murder, but I would not be surprised at all if other sexual assault victims start coming out of the woodwork now that he is behind bars.

All my opinion, of course

how am i so out of the loop. i go away for a few hours today and come back to a daughter and assault on his first wife? what heppened with that? how did he assault her

My thoughts on this are a little different than yours.

I found it odd that suddenly once the video stills appeared, so did this whole online conversation, and not before.

I think the RSO subject may have come up with the SIL and her family, possibly the weekend before,everyone was upset, she told Brandon and possibly said her family thought she should distance herself from him somewhat even though she believed him that he didn't do it.

I think Brandon lost all of his coping mechanisms he had learned in prison and tutored others on,went out, impulse took over, he needed the instant gratification and feeling of being in control, and Mickey disappeared.

There is still tension in the family all week, they don't trust Brandon, and then on Friday 2 stills are released, the Shuniks tell eveyone that the white truck pic released is NOT the one they are looking for but there IS another white truck. The family then confronts the young woman telling her they think Brandon may be the perp and a ruckus breaks out. The next day, brother-in-law goes online,starts talking about this strange dude in the event that it is him. By doing this he will have covered for the family and let others know they were suspicious of Brandon so they don't look like fools to others in the event he is the perp.

MOO.....

BBM--Or he was simply concerned for his SIL and her child.

It's my opinion that he lied about going offshore to wrap up what he needed to do. I also think it's why he spent those days in Texas. Back home everyone thinks he's offshore when in reality he's in the neighboring state.

Yeah, I'm wondering if he suddenly decided to use some of his vacation days to take care of some "personal business."

Yes, that's what I thought. B/c I heard that the wife filed for divorce, had his parental rights revoked, and changed the daughter's last name. There was only ever mention of "the daughter" not more than one child.

His girlfriend is rumored to have 2 children. Maybe thats where the mix up is ?

when did this come out? do any of his past girlfriends look like Mickey?

As a matter of fact, one of his ex-girlfriends DOES bear some resemblance to Mickey, but with black curly hair. I took one look at her pic and thought she looked like Mickey.

Thanks for the link. Some answers on bsl divorce which was 2000, wife claiming he hit her and tried to smother her finally some answers yay. They were married for about a year and we know they had 2 kids. Hmm could it possible it's the same Gf that he was with when he sexually abused the girl in 1999 which was his Gf cousin, actually I'd say If this information is correct it would be the same Gf/wife

What? He has 2 kids?? I sure have missed a lot....:what:

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Latest Update Brandon Lavergne Accused of Domestic Abuse in 1999 Marriage
07/09/2012 10:38 PM by Maddie Garrett

The last time Lavergne was sent to jail, his wife was awarded a divorce. Court documents show it was a brief marriage where she was scared for her safety.
Lavergne was married in Natchitoches, it lasted from September 1999 to October 2000. The couple lived in Leesville, at Fort Polk where Lavergne was a soldier.
The ex-wife claimed Lavergne physically abused her, outlining one incident just a few months after they were married in September 1999, where Lavergne allegedly hit her on the head and then tried to smother her. She stated in documents that the attack sent her to the hospital for CT scans.

More at link

C'mon, by now you guys should know the rule about requesting pm's. But if you don't, you can read it here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And we are not going to gossip about children, family members, and other innocent third parties. They're off limits.

Ok the only reason I think that it is the same girl is because it was reported he had 2 kids and his wife took sole custody. And timing says that if they had been married a little over year in October 2000 it is impossible to have 2 kids in this time after he had a previous Gf in 1999, unless of course they were twins.

There's also the possibility she was pregnant when they married, or she was pregnant with number two when they split up.

Dont forget he also filed paperwork at a courthouse ,I am unsure which one however.
He was running arround crazy busy on that day. We should do a map.

I forgot about that! May 31st was also the date that he filed a motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. I'm assuming that was in LA. I wonder if his attorney was expecting him to be present for this.

hopefully police are interviewing these past girlfriends and the wife. someone has to be able to speculate as to where Mickey is. like maybe the xwife was threatened by him saying if you ever do this or say this or whatever, i'll kill you and leave you in a field or whatever. i just hope they can shed some light on where Mickey might be.

I just saw a picture timestamped with 151 am with both Mickey on her Bike and the white truck . First time I had seen that picture.

I thought the last time LE had her on the camera was 148 am. It is on the Montgomerycounty link. In case anyone hasnt seen it.

I think it should be added to the timeline. JMO

Sorry way behind in thread but could he have purchased property with a mobile near his dads(?) and then when the house burned down moved it to that property, as I think someone said the current property was given to him?

Another Houston area connection. BSL also has a family member (female relative of his mom slightly younger than him) that lives in east Harris County around Highland/Baytown. Seems like lots of people he may have had contact with in the 26-31 range.

Those phone records covering those dates you want to know about will be interesting.

Speaking of phones.......

During the press conference following the arrest, Chief Craft mentioned that BSL had turned over his phone. Basically said "here." That struck me as funny. How many phones did he have? Was this his new one?

Mickey's was switched off immediately after her abduction, or so it seems. This guy is very aware of tracking and repercusions. I do hope his phone records incrimanate him!

I just saw a picture timestamped with 151 am with both Mickey on her Bike and the white truck . First time I had seen that picture.

I thought the last time LE had her on the camera was 148 am. It is on the Montgomerycounty link. In case anyone hasnt seen it.

I think it should be added to the timeline. JMO

can you provide the link here in this thread, please? If it's a link that's not allowed on this thread, would you mind PM'ing it to me? I don't believe I've seen this photo and I'd love to take a look at it. TIA! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3