LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This fact as well as what some have said about his "charmer" facade makes me wonder if Mickey may have gotten into his vehicle willingly. A guy with braces acting all sweet and concerned for her may not have seemed threatening.
------------
Could be. I think that the braces could have been: disarming, and been an influence to let down your guard on assessing someone's threat level. I think for many people, braces have been associated with boyish nerdiness, non-threatening behavior.

Think of Bundy, and his ruse of needing help because he had a cast on, for example. He was able to convince people that he wasn't capable of harm, because he appeared incapacitated and charming.

That's ironic.. In the photos where he is smiling and his teeth are showing, they appear to be very straight.

If you look very carefully at the picture of him smiling wearing the blue shirt, on the sides of his teeth you can see them.

Braces are not used exclusively to straighten teeth, they are also used for TMJ. (TemporoMandibular Joint Disorder).

Again, wish we knew when he got them because if it was recent you bet your sweet bippy that he is trying to realign his teeth to cover from a bite mark, rumored on MS.

How would anyone know that MS had a bite mark from BSL????

Been trying to catch up.
A couple questions asked a few hours ago.
Q1. Would he still be giving child support if daughters name had been changed.
A1. Here in Illinois one does not have anything to do with another. My good friend had been supporting his daughter which he had not seen til she was 18. Mother posted in paper for name change-after so much time, no response, it is granted.

Q2. Scar on hand.
A2. Not sure where it came from, but link is from his RSO status page that says distinguising characteristics. Scar on hand and (I think) it was chest.

I again do not think any evidence/Mickey's belongings are in the Tx area-he was very apparent to distance himself from those things. Could he have had them in a bag he dropped off in the ocean while working though? Not sure what access he has to side of ship he worked on.

He could have had a bike in back of truck to get him to a more populated area and either call for ride from car rental/took bus/cab to car rental.

I would like to know how many miles were on that car..could he have placed the truck, got his rental, went back to torch it as he would have had another vehicle to get away with? Also if that may have happened-soil samples may be on the rental car.

Maybe someone recently punched him in the mouth? The way it was quoted “He has braces on his teeth right now, so we were kind of laughing about that" isn't that same as "He just got braces" as an adult b/c he never got them as a child to me. And the pics I saw of him smiling, his teeth looked pretty good. Not many adults would be willing to get braces unless it was really necessary. But, if he had to have dental work done due to an injury, that's different.

The stylist says Lavergne first tried hooking up with her when she started working at the salon three years ago. “I had just gone through a divorce so I just blew him off.” Sounds like he's had his eye on this girl for quite a while. 3 years. And after being blown off, he was finally getting a date with her. May have gone horribly wrong!

I can only imagine his kind of payback :what: Poor girl. No wonder she doesn't sleep. So many different types of victims in these cases.

Again, wish we knew when he got them because if it was recent you bet your sweet bippy that he is trying to realign his teeth to cover from a bite mark, rumored on MS.

I think the bite mark was rumored on BSL.

How would anyone know that MS had a bite mark from BSL????

Ummmm yeah. Somehow the rumored bite mark has moved from his hand to MS? MS hasn't been found, so no way anyone knows if she was bitten by BSL. BSL was the one said to have possibly been bitten. But not by himself I'm sure!

I wonder of his whereabouts on June 10th?! Being offshore, would he stay somewhere as far as FL?!

"It was believed Hawkins may have been riding a blue-green cruiser type bicycle when she disappeared. "

The found the woman's body, but her bike is still missing
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-found-on-Emerson-identified-as-missing-woman

Not all the way in Jacksonville.

Abdella knew about Tara Hawkins so I'm sure if he thinks there may be any kind of connection he will notified LE there.

The only way i see Mickey going "willingly" is if say she had broken limb/s. In immense pain and not thinking clearly. My belief is he did a bump and grab. Quickest way to overpower somebody is to catch them "off guard". He may have had a hold of her before she could even collect herself from the ground. Something we may never know :moo: Praying they can find her :please:

Guess until a possible security video is released or a witness account, all we can do is speculate at this point, Bravo..

Imo, BSL performed a slight bump to her bike before attempting a ruse on Mickey Schunick. Due to her instincts and ability to see through BSL, the ruse was unsuccessful, infuriating him and causing his other violent self to emerge..resulting in a physical altercation/abduction..

I agree the wound on his neck does look like a knife wound. It certainly isn't a straight clean surgical scar. The jagged edges indicate to me that it wasn't ever medically tended to. The pink indicates fairly recent. Didn't his prior Victim state she felt something in her back/side that felt like a knife? Just putting it out there. If a knife was involved I hope Mickey did inflict that wound :moo:

I can only imagine his kind of payback :what: Poor girl. No wonder she doesn't sleep. So many different types of victims in these cases.

As in all missing persons cases, Bravo. Family, friends, the entire community, and beyond. Each time a person goes missing or is abducted, the families of missing/murdered victims prior are reminded of their loved one/s.. Sad..

Guess until a possible security video is released or a witness account, all we can do is speculate at this point, Bravo..

Imo, BSL performed a slight bump to her bike before attempting a ruse on Mickey Schunick. Due to her instincts and ability to see through BSL, the ruse was unsuccessful, infuriating him and causing his other violent self to emerge..resulting in a physical altercation/abduction..
-----------
My bold above.

OK, so do you think initially he was being "Mr. Helpful" and she tried to get away? We have no idea, but that is another viable alternative theory.

If you look very carefully at the picture of him smiling wearing the blue shirt, on the sides of his teeth you can see them.

Braces are not used exclusively to straighten teeth, they are also used for TMJ. (TemporoMandibular Joint Disorder).

They are used for broken jaws as well... after? wiring the jaw shut! To "re-align the teeth? (???)
With that neck cut AND recent braces...IMO he got into a brawl BIG TIME!!! ~with someone...
http://www.theuniversityhospital.com/healthlink/archives/articles/jaw.html

I agree the wound on his neck does look like a knife wound. It certainly isn't a straight clean surgical scar. The jagged edges indicate to me that it wasn't ever medically tended to. The pink indicates fairly recent. Didn't his prior Victim state she felt something in her back/side that felt like a knife? Just putting it out there. If a knife was involved I hope Mickey did inflict that wound :moo:

No doubt Mickey put up a tremendous fight. I've met women who are seriously into horses and riding. They are strong and determined women. It makes me think though about BSL's victim back in '99 and how she didn't fight and he let her live. I can't help but wonder if he would have done the same with Mickey...Just wish she were still with us. Wish I had never heard the name Mickey Shunick because that would mean she's alive and well.

I though the bite mark was rumored to be on his hand. But, could have been one on his victim as well. Braces would not have changed his bite that much in so short a period of time and am sure the orthodontist would probably come forward.

Excellent scenario.

Could that scar on his neck possibly be caused by a key? I know when I'm by myself and walking from my car to my door, I hold one key between 2 knuckles for protection. Not sure if MS was known to hold her keys and ride her bike at night.

Could that scar on his neck possibly be caused by a key? I know when I'm by myself and walking from my car to my door, I hold one key between 2 knuckles for protection. Not sure if MS was known to hold her keys and ride her bike at night.

That makes sense. I think it was Charlie Shunick who said that Mickey carries mace on her key chain, so it'd make sense that she would be carrying these in her hand while riding at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3