LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a strange case with so many possible scenarios. There are too many inconsistencies with reported dates and statements made etc.... It's very weird that he would go to all that trouble to commit that horrible crime for only a BJ..... Even if it was for control. Aren't there guys who find girls to control without breaking through their windows and tying them up? Hard to believe you would risk your life for a BJ, 8 years prison and a lifetime RSO. And now this....a possible life sentence or death if he ended MS life. I just dont get it. He must be really messed up in the head. Looks are so deceiving.

She was the cousin of his ex-girlfriend. I wonder what the dynamics were? Maybe she always looked 'down' on him and was one of the people urging his ex to break up with him. I got the feeling it was kind of a revenge type of thing. A way to feel 'all powerful' by sneaking in to where she should have felt the safest. And hog tying and blindfolding her. The ultimate in humiliation.

This is a strange case with so many possible scenarios. There are too many inconsistencies with reported dates and statements made etc.... It's very weird that he would go to all that trouble to commit that horrible crime for only a BJ..... Even if it was for control. Aren't there guys who find girls to control without breaking through their windows and tying them up? Hard to believe you would risk your life for a BJ, 8 years prison and a lifetime RSO. And now this....a possible life sentence or death if he ended MS life. I just dont get it. He must be really messed up in the head. Looks are so deceiving.

I think he spent his time in prison stewing and growing more angry with women, and what "they" did to him. But he learned to take his rage out on a stranger and not to leave a living witness. This way he could appear "reformed" to those who knew him, while still acting on his anger.

When John Gardner was charged with murdering Chelsea King, the evidence was very strong and they were able to get him to admit to killing Amber DuBois and taking them to her body, instead of facing the death penalty. But they had him pretty much nailed on Chelsea's murder and her body was found right away.

At least he admitted it. Remember that preachers daughter who molested and killed little Sandra cantuu and stuffed her in a suitcase? Just when you think you've heard it all. I'll never forget her last sweet video image of her skipping through the mobile park happy as a little lark. That woman was evil.

Does it look to anyone else that he had a new red bump on his forehead (his right side by hair line)? And any idea why there's is another new mug shot? Looks like they were trying to hid his new scar.

Posted using the tapatalk2 app...forgive any typos please :)

I also noticed that new red area on his forehead.
Don't understand why he took a new mugshot either.

She was the cousin of his ex-girlfriend. I wonder what the dynamics were? Maybe she always looked 'down' on him and was one of the people urging his ex to break up with him. I got the feeling it was kind of a revenge type of thing. A way to feel 'all powerful' by sneaking in to where she should have felt the safest. And hog tying and blindfolding her. The ultimate in humiliation.

I think it is odd that he broke into her house, tied her up, blindfolded her and have a sharp object and he didn't rape her. This may be the first case a rapist listened to his victim for mercy. It goes against everything a sex offender is.

At least he admitted it. Remember that preachers daughter who molested and killed little Sandra cantuu and stuffed her in a suitcase? Just when you think you've heard it all. I'll never forget her last sweet video image of her skipping through the mobile park happy as a little lark. That woman was evil.

I do agree that at least he spared Chelsea's parents a trial, and also let Amber's family have her back. She would never have been found; he had buried her on remote land quite a distance away from where he had kidnapped her.

I need to just respond to a post a few pages back about Brandon showing up at church because he felt a sense of guilt... I must say, I disagree with that entirely.

I don't think he has felt any guilt through any of this. Serial killers (which he has definitely capable of being judging by his past and present) feel no compassion. If they did, they would not be able to act on killing.

In my opinion, he went to church to make sure anyone that saw him got a good impression of him. I don't think he ever went to church with good intentions, but to give off the vibe of good intentions. I truly do think that the majority of church goers (Not all, please dont cut me down, im simply saying a lot that I've met) just go to simply give off that "I'm a good person vibe" even though they possess many hateful ways. Not like a serial killer, but in other contradictory to being a good person ways.

I think Lavergne knew how to play himself off as a good guy.
He reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer, who after his rape thoughts turned into murder and torturing animals became boring, he joined the military to in a round about way, kill without it actually being a murder. Once he got out and realized that was not enough, thats what sparked his lust for murder all over again. Real murder.

Lavergne was also involved in a similar field. Maybe he was trying to soothe his urges in other ways?

The pattern for killers is pretty similar but one thing stays, the lack of compassion. Lavergne could apologize day in, day out. But if he were given the chance to do it again, like any other killer, he would. There is a difference to people that spontaneously kill, like someone lashing out at their spouse that has abused them for many years, and finally decides to end it. As opposed to someone that drives around looking for prey.

They are sick, and they do not change or get better in the long run. Rapes and Sexual advances are only slithers of the control they really want. It's terrifying. I have no bone in me that says this guy is innocent.

In the words of one of the most notorious killers, Ed Kemper:

"One side of me says, I'd like to talk to her, date her. The other side of me says, I wonder what her head would look like on a stick?""

I think it is odd that he broke into her house, tied her up, blindfolded her and have a sharp object and he didn't rape her. This may be the first case a rapist listened to his victim for mercy. It goes against everything a sex offender is.

I'm not sure why everyone is assuming mercy...?

IMO he didn't rape her because he probably thought about rape kits and decided oral would be easier to hide DNA evidence, etc. - remember how he made her wash her mouth out? (I mean, too bad he clumsily forgot the washcloth, but...)

I'm not sure why everyone is assuming mercy...?

IMO he didn't rape her because he probably thought about rape kits and decided oral would be easier to hide DNA evidence, etc. - remember how he made her wash her mouth out? (I mean, too bad he clumsily forgot the washcloth, but...)

I totally agree.
He didn't let her go because he felt bad. He knew it would be way riskier, especially if she was a virgin.

I totally agree.
He didn't let her go because he felt bad. He knew it would be way riskier, especially if she was a virgin.

With all due respect I do not know of any rape case where the rapist was worried about the risk. It was pretty darn risky to break in and tie someone up for an assault. A rapist is just that. Now I have heard of rapists having the forethought of using condoms.

He did leave that washcloth there which to me means either he is really not smart or maybe the crime isn't as much of a crime as it seems. He did plead guilty so that he would not face a burglary charge.

I am not defending him but so much here does not add up.

I need to just respond to a post a few pages back about Brandon showing up at church because he felt a sense of guilt... I must say, I disagree with that entirely.

I don't think he has felt any guilt through any of this. Serial killers (which he has definitely capable of being judging by his past and present) feel no compassion. If they did, they would not be able to act on killing.

In my opinion, he went to church to make sure anyone that saw him got a good impression of him. I don't think he ever went to church with good intentions, but to give off the vibe of good intentions. I truly do think that the majority of church goers (Not all, please dont cut me down, im simply saying a lot that I've met) just go to simply give off that "I'm a good person vibe" even though they possess many hateful ways. Not like a serial killer, but in other contradictory to being a good person ways.

I think Lavergne knew how to play himself off as a good guy.
He reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer, who after his rape thoughts turned into murder and torturing animals became boring, he joined the military to in a round about way, kill without it actually being a murder. Once he got out and realized that was not enough, thats what sparked his lust for murder all over again. Real murder.

Lavergne was also involved in a similar field. Maybe he was trying to soothe his urges in other ways?

The pattern for killers is pretty similar but one thing stays, the lack of compassion. Lavergne could apologize day in, day out. But if he were given the chance to do it again, like any other killer, he would. There is a difference to people that spontaneously kill, like someone lashing out at their spouse that has abused them for many years, and finally decides to end it. As opposed to someone that drives around looking for prey.

They are sick, and they do not change or get better in the long run. Rapes and Sexual advances are only slithers of the control they really want. It's terrifying. I have no bone in me that says this guy is innocent.

In the words of one of the most notorious killers, Ed Kemper:

"One side of me says, I'd like to talk to her, date her. The other side of me says, I wonder what her head would look like on a stick?""

Thanks. :great: Very well presented. I totally agree.

Prayers for Mickey and her family. :angel: God Bless them

With all due respect I do not know of any rape case where the rapist was worried about the risk. It was pretty darn risky to break in and tie someone up for an assault. A rapist is just that. Now I have heard of rapists having the forethought of using condoms.

He did leave that washcloth there which to me means either he is really not smart or maybe the crime isn't as much of a crime as it seems. He did plead guilty so that he would not face a burglary charge.

I am not defending him but so much here does not add up.

I see your point, but there was some reason he did not rape her vaginally, and i dont think any of that has to do with compassion. Compassion didn't exist in that assault.
His story of what occurred, made even less sense, because things kept not adding up, like his finger prints being located inside the house on objects which he claimed he had never touched.

Yeah, him leaving the obvious wash cloth wasn't very smart at all.
I'd cut him some slack and say maybe there was more to his 1999 incidence than we know. But not with all of the other things he has in his past and now. He seems pretty capable of it.

Nothing sleuthy or helpful here, just wishful thinking.

I wish they could/would call someone in to melt his heart and make him cooperate... mom, girlfriend...

:'(
His child? In my opinion, if they want to take the death penalty off the table in exchange for info they would have to provide him with a reason to want to live at this point. Seeing his daughter might be his resonance to want to live IMO.

His child? In my opinion, if they want to take the death penalty off the table in exchange for info they would have to provide him with a reason to want to live at this point. Seeing his daughter might be his resonance to want to live IMO.

Does he even see his child? Do we know if he has visitation?

I see your point, but there was some reason he did not rape her vaginally, and i dont think any of that has to do with compassion. Compassion didn't exist in that assault.
His story of what occurred, made even less sense, because things kept not adding up, like his finger prints being located inside the house on objects which he claimed he had never touched.

Yeah, him leaving the obvious wash cloth wasn't very smart at all.
I'd cut him some slack and say maybe there was more to his 1999 incidence than we know. But not with all of the other things he has in his past and now. He seems pretty capable of it.

I agree with that. I do not think it is compassion but I do not understand why he didn't force himself as most rapists do. That I suppose I will never know. Entire situation just does not make sense.

I understand what you are saying. I would hope they would shelter his little girl from this as much as possible.

Seeing his latest mug shot, I see defiant arrogance. When\if Mickey is found it will be from nothing he has given up. :mad:

:waitasec: I understood K. Stutes was probably gonna handle the case. :waitasec:
Now my head is spinning.

Prayers for Mickey and her family. :angel: God bless them.

I don't mean to confuse you... someone further up thread posted a link to another ADA. I just posted the link to the article which states that it may be ADA Keith S to handle the case. Lafayette may have more than one ADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321