LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope searches resume soon, as that might mean they have info from his electronic devices. But I still have a fear that they returned to WB a few weeks ago as that seemed the most likely spot (even though they would not admit they were searching for Mickey, they clearly were, IMO.) And if that is the case, i.e. that WB is the most likely spot, I am afraid she will not be found.

so july 18 isthe grand jury. that's pretty fast. i'ts not likely that we, the public, will get anymore info from that, right?

so july 18 isthe grand jury. that's pretty fast. i'ts not likely that we, the public, will get anymore info from that, right?

That is the next time they meet, but no guarantee this case will be on it. Whether we get info or not-I would say just they they indicted or didn't. JMO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but July 18 is just the SOONEST upcoming grand jury. I don't think it's been definitively said that this case will be included on that date...?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but July 18 is just the SOONEST upcoming grand jury. I don't think it's been definitively said that this case will be included on that date...?
Furthermore, I feel like it would be foolish to rush for that date, especially if there is not enough evidence to present an airtight case (which I gather there is not).

JMO

I hope searches resume soon, as that might mean they have info from his electronic devices. But I still have a fear that they returned to WB a few weeks ago as that seemed the most likely spot (even though they would not admit they were searching for Mickey, they clearly were, IMO.) And if that is the case, i.e. that WB is the most likely spot, I am afraid she will not be found.

Somehow, I don't think so. He's depended heavily on widespread dispersal of evidence.

Let's look at what he's done so far. He took Mickey in a city, yet no one heard her cry out, there were no bloodstains, and no bike/bike parts. She simply vanished, and were it not for the video footage, there would probably be no leads.

The bicycle ended up in a shallow, swampy part of Whiskey Bay. The truck ended up burning up in San Jacinto County, Texas...Near public property.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Mickey was found in Kisatche National Park, or in northern St. Landry Parish (Lebeau or Morrow comes to mind, or perhaps Thistlewaite reserve) or in the swamps of Vermilion Parish (perhaps White Lake).

I wonder how hard it would be to put a call out to landowners with large tracts to search their properties in those areas? Or to organize search parties to run dogs on public lands such as Thistlewaite, Sherbourne, etc?

Don't y'all mistake my register date as a newcomer! I have been lurkin through these threads since little Hailey Dunne went missing. My daddy is ret. law enforcement over in Terrebone.

Foremost I have said many a prayer for the Shunick family and I have prayed and prayed for little Mickey's safe return. Now I have prayers for the Lavergne family as well. Both of these families have some heartache ahead of them.

Now I know some stuff y'all don't. This is not the time nor place to get into that. In time this will come out into the open and y'all better hold onto your drawers!

What has brought me out my hiding spot was a sweet little girl named Kimberly that made some comments here yesterday and was quickly put in her place. And now I just have to ask why some of y'all are so against this theory that our dear law enforcement did not see Mickey being taken in that video in front of the station?

Yet I have not seen any of y'all provide proof that this did not happen. How are y'all so sure? Our good Chief Craft did say that it could have been on St. Landry, St. Mary or Blackham and I take this to mean anywhere in is general area. Now this ain't no quote but I know what he said. Did any of y'all get that this was not a straight answer?

My daddy and I have studied those photos since they were released. Now that Brandon followed behind Mickey by one minute or less. Do y'all think he stopped and waited for her to get further down the road? Only common sense says he would have passed over or beside her within seconds. Do y'all think he passed her up and stopped somewhere to wait?

My thought is that something happened there on that video and that is why our good folks on this investigation stopped it where it was. I think the next frame showed something y'all and I don't want to witness.

For y'all that want to put that noose around my neck right now can y'all tell me why those good folks did not stop the video when there was a full image of the truck? Now it has been said by our good friend ACI that this was continuous video. Like my daddy has said, that is because they could not show us that frame.

<modsnip>

Not only do I agree with you and your Daddy, but I believe when the right experts study these frames forensically and not just for identification purposes as I have with my 17 years of digital editing experience- these frames will be crucial incriminating evidence that proves BSL hit, hurt, kidnapped and killed MS. Thanks for posting!

I don't think that's really weird for south Louisiana. I've done it. That and boudin!

No, not in GA either, especially if you have a friend in the deer processing business.
FYI: Felons can't legally own firearms, but can hunt with archery bow..

Not only do I agree with you and your Daddy, but I believe when the right experts study these frames forensically and not just for identification purposes as I have with my 17 years of digital editing experience- these frames will be crucial incriminating evidence that proves BSL hit, hurt, kidnapped and killed MS. Thanks for posting!

I have wondered if she took off on foot running and he got out of the truck to catch her! Maybe someday we all will know for sure?

Are you referring to BSL's father being deceased?

Sort of OT, but I am confused as well. It seems there are 3 individuals we might be talking about: his biological father, an adoptive father, and a stepfather?

Somehow, I don't think so. He's depended heavily on widespread dispersal of evidence.

Let's look at what he's done so far. He took Mickey in a city, yet no one heard her cry out, there were no bloodstains, and no bike/bike parts. She simply vanished, and were it not for the video footage, there would probably be no leads.

The bicycle ended up in a shallow, swampy part of Whiskey Bay. The truck ended up burning up in San Jacinto County, Texas...Near public property.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Mickey was found in Kisatche National Park, or in northern St. Landry Parish (Lebeau or Morrow comes to mind, or perhaps Thistlewaite reserve) or in the swamps of Vermilion Parish (perhaps White Lake).

I wonder how hard it would be to put a call out to landowners with large tracts to search their properties in those areas? Or to organize search parties to run dogs on public lands such as Thistlewaite, Sherbourne, etc?

The truck burning seemed to be a result of desperation, once it was shown on TV. He knew he had to destroy it. At the time he left the bike, IMO, he thought he was in the clear and may have left Mickey there as well, to be done with it all, and not risk being seen pulling over again.

Thank you Ma and please pass along to our friend ACI that I was attempting to give that doll credit for the information on the camera. I stand corrected that this particular video was not confirmed to be continuous ;)

And yes I do believe that none of us here have the expertise to be makin any final judgements on these here photos. The truth will come out.

Okay, as for the rumors of BSL being a suspect in the burning of trailer in Branch, LA with two women inside who were determined to be dead prior to the fire, I think it may be possible (unless there was an earlier similar incident), that people are thinking of this incident that happened in 2005 (while BSL was in prison):

August trial set for man accused of double-murder - Allegedly killed women, then burned their trailer down
Crowley Post-Signal, The (LA) - Wednesday, February 10, 2010
"An August trial is scheduled for a man accused of murdering two Acadia Parish women, then burning their house down to cover the homicides.
Daniel Prince, 33, of New Iberia but currently a guest of Angola, is charged with the Jan. 15, 2005 murders of Jackie Campbell and Angie Motte, both of Branch .
He was arrested by Acadia authorities in 2007 after allegedly bragging to fellow inmates about the murders and was indicted in October 2007."

I found this info by searching old newspapers via America's News Bank, which requires a subscription, unless you work at or are a student whose school/university subscribes to it, so my link won't work for most but here:
http://biere.louisiana.edu:2194/iw-...cid=12DD66C1E3DC4C40&p_docnum=1&p_queryname=1

So I think it's safe to say BSL had no involvement in that fire with the two already deceased women inside in Branch unless the tiny town of Branch had a similar incident before he went to jail in 2000 or after he was released in 2008 (but that's all I can find in the newspaper archives).

Thanks for finding these stories. I looked but could never seem to locate them!

Let's remember that in his prior offense he left a washcloth with DNA evidence at the scene. IMO, BSL is not quite as careful and calculating in dealing with evidence as he thinks/we are giving him credit for.

Furthermore, I feel like it would be foolish to rush for that date, especially if there is not enough evidence to present an airtight case (which I gather there is not).

JMO

agreed. that's right. i forgot that that was the soonest, but they may not fit it in.

how close is San Jacinto county to the Killing Fields in Texas where Tim Miller's daughter was found? i don't think he would have driven to Texas with a body in tow, but if he did, since he "copied" DTL with WB for the bike, maybe he copied the I-45 killer with the Killing Fields?? a stretch, i know, but is San Jacinto anywhere near? I'm not very familiar with the I-45 murders

It's part of the general area. Maybe 50-85 miles from League City. wfgodot posted this today in that forum.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...old-answer-30-young-women-murdered-there.html

Let's remember that in his prior offense he left a washcloth with DNA evidence at the scene. IMO, BSL is not quite as careful and calculating as he/we think(s).

I don't think he is careful at all. He didn't even stop to think he would be on video-his instincts took over and he forgot all about evidence and being careful. That is why he is in jail now.

how close is San Jacinto county to the Killing Fields in Texas where Tim Miller's daughter was found? i don't think he would have driven to Texas with a body in tow, but if he did, since he "copied" DTL with WB for the bike, maybe he copied the I-45 killer with the Killing Fields?? a stretch, i know, but is San Jacinto anywhere near? I'm not very familiar with the I-45 murders

The distance from League City to San Jacinto county is roughly 100 miles.

I am now seeing I have mutual friends with his mother, one of whom is just a couple years younger than BSL so I bet she knows him too. Might just have to ask!

I also have friends in common with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member