LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big Who Dat fan as I know many others are on this thread, so please correct me if I'm wrong....but doesn't Leigh Torrence's #24 jersey seem very off the wall? His name/number didn't jump out at me as would one of the more popular players that everyone tends to have. Seems to be very random. Now Reggie Bush WAS #25. Maybe he got the numbers wrong. I guess it doesn't even matter. But it just seems unusual and kinda off the wall.

Living in the state and in the metro New Orleans area, I can't recall ever seeing this particular jersey for sale in any Black & Gold retail outlet or at other local stores (Walmart, Academy, Target, K-mart). Having boys that want specific player's #s lends itself to searching through racks and racks of shirts from time to time to find the "right" number. So, I would agree, odd # to use as part of a description.

Torrence was #24 when he was with the Saints. He is now with the Redskins i think. White just signed with the Saints and is the current #24.

He may have mistakenly left her for dead somewhere, and she regained consciousness. She could have sustained severe head injuries and succumbed to these AFTER escaping his clutches. She could have amnesia and be with someone else who is keeping her. These scenarios are not impossible. We have to continue to hold out hope until LE find irrefutable evidence of her demise.
JMO

I don't mean to sound hard-headed, but does this mean you do not believe in murder cases when the victim is not found? Do you believe Susan Powell is dead? Or Stacy Peterson? I think these victims deserve the same justice as if they had been found. LE has said Mickey was murdered. I don't know why they would say that, if they did not know it to be true. JMO

Sorry just encouraging y'all to put down the pitchforks and keep an open mind, that's all, until after the trial. And please nobody gather outside for the grand jury, because that's a little ignorant.

a true bill has to come before the trial.. and a lot can happen in between.

Torrence was #24 when he was with the Saints. He is now with the Redskins i think. White just signed with the Saints and is the current #24.

Maybe he was thinking of Reggie Bush but got the number wrong. Bush was 25.

IMO he completed his time. Read the article, what got him out early was his behavior and the "glowing letter" regarding his progress and performance in that class that few offenders can complete. These psychologists/supervisors see many offenders on a daily basis and had great things to say about BSL. That, to me, says something. However I'm a very empathetic psychology major. But my views are backed up by our constitution and current laws. Many posters here are doing nothing, but spreading rumors as if they're fact. The LPD is under alot of pressure here and haven't done much in the past to make me confide in their actions. The District Commissioner didn't lie to me, he was vague, but would be angry if he saw my post. He also said he was the most respectful and well spoken murder suspect ever to come before him. Just saying guys.

[ame="http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=462531"]Judge's final words to Ted Bundy after sentencing...what?!?! - Straight Dope Message Board[/ame]

Serial killer Ted Bundy acted as his own attorney in his 1980 trial. The judge complimented him on doing a good job...

Judge's quote to Bundy:

"It is ordered that you be put to death by a current of electricity, that current be passed through your body until you are dead. Take care of yourself, young man. I say that to you sincerely; take care of yourself, please.
It is an utter tragedy for this court to see such a total waste of humanity as I've experienced in this courtroom. You're a bright young man. You'd have made a good lawyer, and I would have loved to have you practice in front of me, but you went another way, partner.

Take care of yourself. I don't feel any animosity toward you. I want you to know that. Once again, take care of yourself."

IMO he took her to his house, the "major crime scene".
And it seems she put up quite a struggle!

I agree, that's why I said I don't believe he'd drive with MS all the way to NOLA. I also think the attack was swift and ended quickly. The location of the hospital just gave me pause, but there could be another explanation. I haven't thought it through yet. You do raise a good question. If you're left with a bike and a dead body, which do you dispose of first, assuming you use separate dumpsites? Most of us would say the body because it's the most incriminating if you happened to be stopped on the road by LE. On the other hand, since a body can hold a great deal of evidence, you might hesitate and give more thought on where to hide it. JMO

There is the possibility that he put her in the water at Whiskey Bay first, maybe wading out to make sure she was carried away by the current, and then was so tired he just tossed the bike quickly and left.

I don't mean to sound hard-headed, but does this mean you do not believe in murder cases when the victim is not found? Do you believe Susan Powell is dead? Or Stacy Peterson? I think these victims deserve the same justice as if they had been found. LE has said Mickey was murdered. I don't know why they would say that, if they did not know it to be true. JMO

Just trying to stay positive for everyone's sake. I'd cling onto every last bit of hope if she was my daughter. JMO

The family has asked that no one go to the court house and I am pretty sure that no one here on WS was planning to do so anyway.

No one is convicting him here; we are not a jury, most of us are not locals who could ever be called to the jury. But I think most of also have been following crime long enough to still want to see the evidence presented in court before convicting anyone of anything.

Better yet, a confession and a plea, IMO.

Thanks, I first read of the vigil outside of the courthouse here on WS though. I personally want this trial to be local, but I don't think it will be. The gathering would ensure the relocation however.

does anyone know if Mickey was right or left handed? tia (trying to think more about this "wound")

I am thinking that one of his wounds could have been inflicted by Mickey but the others self inflicted to cover the rest up (just a thought)

If she was right handed I see the neck wound as being self inflicted possibly (to cover the one on his hand

:moo:

Off topic and not.

Many weeks ago I became interested in this case because I'm from NY.
One day a young co-worker came into work and told me a girl he went to HS with was missing. That girl was Lauren Spierer. He told me she went missing from her college town in Indiana. My son went to college in Ohio.

As a mom with a child a long way from home, I related.

When I first heard about Mickey, I was on another board. (none of those now active here). I voiced my concern and I was attacked at that time. Attacked by wackos. I will always stand for truth.

At that time, "my gut" told me something. I always listen to my gut.
A mother's intuition. I believe Mickey's in the bayou. When I first saw the location of Whiskey Bridge, that was my feeling.

She is a beautiful girl, like Lauren, filled with LOVE. So much to share with the world.
Both these girls have very strong families who put their searches to the forefront. Many missing are less fortunate.

Every day I read the sad news regarding our sick society and the missing.
The children.

I'm a florist. Tomorrow I have to get up early to make funeral tributes. A 23 year old young man drowned under mysterious circumstances on Monday. I have met with his parents, relatives and friends today.

Be strong everyone. :please:

I am in bed w a stomach virus but I will update the timeline w this new info as soon as I am able.

I wonder if anyone rode in his truck after the 19th. I'm thinking no, and that is more why he didn't pick up his step father. Possibly why he HAD to get rid of it before the step dad returned. He might have been asked to take his dad somewhere... ~ Dr.s appt etc?
thinking out loud...
moo

Do we know for certain what Mickey had with her for protection that night?
BW told us that she had pepper spray; did she have a box cutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535