LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but why does it matter now? she got death and he gets life. He still gets visits from his family and friends. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Well, it matters if the wounds and hospital visit help convict him (or help convince him to plea, since his story sounds so ridiculous). Assuming he is guilty, of course.

Hmmm... he didn't have a stab wound he had several at least 4.
He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand.

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-questioned-in-jefferson-parish-may-19th/

I'm gonna venture a guess the "wounds" were NOT FRESH! This is why he was not sutured.
"Do not suture old wounds greater then (8 - 12 hours old)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ponBBA&usg=AFQjCNH0lQUU0WthnB3YGzIaqorDrThZJQ
IMO that answers that question... his wounds were closer to 12+ hours old than 8. I bet he was stabbed shortly after he "allegedly" grabbed Mickey

His "wounds" were not life threatening... BUT HE WAS THE VICTIM!!! ~ typical! He abducts and kills a girl (who knows what else!) and he needs medical attn! :banghead:

I keep thinking maybe the one thing he didn't lie about was the 3:00 pm stabbing. I don't think the wounds were self inflicted especially since he had a stab wound in the back. Maybe he had MS for a longer time that we realize and she was able to gain his "trust" allowing her the chance to grab the knife and that's when he ended her life. This would give him enough time to hide her and make the trip to New Orleans.

A couple of us were wondering this a few pages back. I'd love to kniw the issue date of his license.

He was released from incarceration on 8/9/08... If he had to be issued a new license at that time and had to get yearly renewals... I'd say August every year...

Other than lying to LE about his "stolen" license" why would he even want a "new one"?
Since it WAS reported as "stolen" on May 19 2012 and he was last verified on May 28 2012 ya think he went ahead and got a new one then? I believe they have to go somewhere special to get a new license... would he have the original when he left or do they give RSO's a temporary license and mail them the other one in a week or so ?
*I'm in GA and we have to wait... BUT I'm not an RSO and I don't think GA even has that law? ~not sure.

Since he had his license on June 4th (and probably when he rented the red aveo as well) IMO he was just using his old one. or a birth cert maybe???

Bet he had a lot of splaining to do when he was verified on May 28 2012 (and might be the ONLY reason he went to the hospital in order to get a police report filed )

~ cause he was a "victim" of a crime n all...
moo
ehh I'm rambling:eek:kay:
http://pibillwarner.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/brandon1.jpg?w=614&h=807&h=807 offender details

He won't get life if they can prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt. This will be a death penalty case.

Don't forget Oj and Casey Anthony. I had completely lost faith in our justice system until Jerry Sandusky was convicted. Hats off to that very intelligent jury.

Mother of the victim. There's no justice. Even if the perp goes to jail for life, you'll never see your loved one again.

Oh, I think both of these mothers are going to grieve for the rest of their lives. I wouldn't want to be in either of their shoes, and I pray for both of them.

Assuming Mickey did cause the injuries to this guy and there was quite a struggle...does this put to rest the idea of Mickey being hit and injured by the truck, or at least being UNDER the truck?

And if she was NOT injured, i.e. fully able to fight back, why/how did she get into the truck? Did he just knock her over and grab her before she could get up (always has been my opinion)?

Also, can anyone tell me what number jersey BSL wore when he played high school football? 24 by any chance? ( :fence: POSSIBLY REACHING, BUT... it would make more sense than to see a guy wearing a 'random' player's jersey.)

'Think maybe he was a Kiefer Sutherland/Jack Bauer fan'..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285331/

24 - Federal Agent Jack Bauer can't afford to always play by the rules.

Assuming Mickey did cause the injuries to this guy and there was quite a struggle...does this put to rest the idea of Mickey being hit and injured by the truck, or at least being UNDER the truck?

And if she was NOT injured, i.e. fully able to fight back, why/how did she get into the truck? Did he just knock her over and grab her before she could get up (always has been my opinion)?

She could have been unconscious for some time? Possibly regained consciousness, realized she was in trouble, and started fighting back? MOO.

Oh, I think both of these mothers are going to grieve for the rest of their lives. I wouldn't want to be in either of their shoes, and I pray for both of them.

I caught part of some show last night, and the father of a man who murdered someone was on and he was sobbing...saying how he had given his child a good life, a good education, good structure, etc...I felt so sorry for him. He was just helpless to understand and yet blamed himself somehow.

'Yet, one can visit her child'...

Did his wallet also have any credit or debit cards? Did he report any of those missing or happen to keep using them? CHECK HIS STATEMENTS!

I thought about that he HAD to buy gas at some point during this didn't he?
~ maybe not but if he did buy gas he paid with cash! IMO

Hey guys I just saw that a grace site was found 1.5 miles from bsl home has any news come of this? Also there was an article saying update in bsl timeline but I can't read it cause I'm haven't subscribed. Sorry if this is Heinz repeated but I'm behind and haven't read the recent pages what's going on

i am sad that NOPD didn't say, hmmmm, this guy's story of not knowing where he was "attacked" is suspicious. all they had to do was type his name into their little database and boom - he comes up as an RSO then they hear about Mickey a day later and connect the dots.

when u get stopped for speeding, they run your name. too bad they don't run it for guys that come in with silly stories and stab wounds :maddening:

BBM
But we don't know that they didn't....just that they didn't have enough to arrest him at that point. What are you gonna do, arrest the guy for a missing girl in Lafayette when he is in NOLA and has reported he was attacked? RSO or not, you still need more evidence - which they now apparently have.

Maybe they could have searched his truck, but he was not admitted...he had left the hospital. Who knows where he went from there. And then the truck was burnt. Remember the 3 trucks and 2 were cleared - I bet they were waiting to talk to him and he just never made himself available (another red flag).

I dunno, just thinking and going around in circles in my mind.

Mother of the victim. There's no justice. Even if the perp goes to jail for life, you'll never see your loved one again.

Well for me at least, that mother son relationship would forever be changed and the sheer agony of knowing that my child had taken the life of another human being would probably be something I couldn't get over. As a Christian, though it be a hollow comfort, I would believe that my murdered child was at least in a better place. I know it sounds trite, but honestly, I think it would be harder for me to live as the mother of a murderer.

I caught part of some show last night, and the father of a man who murdered someone was on and he was sobbing...saying how he had given his child a good life, a good education, good structure, etc...I felt so sorry for him. He was just helpless to understand and yet blamed himself somehow.

A parent's number one responsibility is the protection of their children..
Although they are not responsible, they all feel like they are...If I had only...

For me, as a Christian, I think it would be worse to be the mother of a murderer. If my child was a victim it would hurt immensely but I'd have to trust that they are in a better place. If my child were a murderer I'd have to live with the fact that I would never be with them in the after life.

My exact thoughts. You worded it much better than I did.

Hey ya'll...
Just catching up...wondering some stuff about BSL's injuries & going to the hospital in NOLA. Are these rumors from the Cajunet (which has been extremely reliable, IMO) , a WS member w/ inside info, or MSM? And what exactly is the whole story with his injuries/going to NOLA? Did he file a police report that he had been attacked in NOLA? (BTW if so, this guy has a serious issue with filing false police reports)
Thanks. :)

Hey guys I just saw that a grace site was found 1.5 miles from bsl home has any news come of this? Also there was an article saying update in bsl timeline but I can't read it cause I'm haven't subscribed. Sorry if this is Heinz repeated but I'm behind and haven't read the recent pages what's going on

actually there were 3 grave sites but it turned out to be nothing.

Update on the timeline, was about bsl going to the er on May 19th for his stab wounds. I think it was around 11 when he was questioned by police at er stated he'd been robbed. More details up thread

A parent's number one responsibility is the protection of their children..
Although they are not responsible, they all feel like they are...If I had only...

This was the father of the murderer...

Hey ya'll...
Just catching up...wondering some stuff about BSL's injuries & going to the hospital in NOLA. Are these rumors from the Cajunet (which has been extremely reliable, IMO) , a WS member w/ inside info, or MSM? And what exactly is the whole story with his injuries/going to NOLA?
Thanks. :)

No, these are facts from MSM that came out today...so it is both, it came here first of course...
He apparently went to a hospital in New Orleans late Sat. night saying he had been attacked at a gas station earlier in the day but didn't know which one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misclicked