LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He stated it was stolen in TX.

- Mickey abducted from Lafayette.
- Bike found at Whiskey Bay. 27 miles from abduction site.
- BSL placed in NOLA area at Ochsner. ~135 miles from abduction site.
- Truck reported stolen in Montgomery County, TX and found burned in San Jacinto County, TX. ~ 210 miles from abduction site, and ~340 miles from Ochsner. :(

I realize the mileage listed is give-or-take, but interesting to note that with the exception of the 340 miles from San Jacinto to Ochsner, all the other numbers ( 27, 135, 210) are divisible by....drum roll, please... 3. (Just a coincidence, I'm sure. Three is still my fave number.)

BSL did an AWFUL lot of things on on May 31, 2012.

Is there a sticky for the known dates and facts to date?

I kinda feel like early on, when he went to the hospital to have an alibi for his wounds when he had to do his checkin. Around the 31st, The search for Mickey was everywhere, the communicty came together and got this media attention all over. I do not feel like he ever thought this would happen, because it didn't happen before..I don't think this is his first time either. He seems to have planned nothing other than finding someone if that is the case. The rest just seems to be manic damage control, fixing anything he could think of. I mean he had plenty of time, just about 11 days, to concot a story that he thought would fly. He just did things in such a haphazard and unbelievable way. This is IMHO. It seems like he didn't even realize himself that his coverup is so random it is highly questionable and not a slam dunk no questions asked alibi. I can't believe doesn't have something very strong in this case. If by chance something happens to change what we currently know and he is not guilty I would be really surprised.

Kelly

A little info about Whiskey Bay:

On I-10, there is an exit at Whiskey Bay...if you take the exit, you can get to a large parking area and a boat landing. I would think that he took the exit and parked his vehicle and THEN disposed of the bike. The bike was located on/in a pile of junk.

I need to find which issue it was, but I. The Houston Chronicle, an interview was done with a lady named Jane E. from Special K9s...she verified that there was blood at WB that went into the water to across the bayou and down the bayou, east. Does that make sense to anyone?

I'm pretty sure that all evidence must be released to the defense before the trial, but I'm not sure exactly how long before the trial they are required to. Many guilty suspects have had their convictions overturned due to a faulty prosecution withholding evidence.

I just think it is baffling about the advertiser however... Here they are, demanding all local businesses to review footage of that night. All the while they possess the "key" footage to BSL's arrest. Not to mention, how strenuous all the local media teams were on LE and our search efforts early on. I suppose that we should be thankful that they found the footage nonetheless.

but the public most likely won't get any info about evidence until trial, right?
i'm thinking they show their cards to defense when they HAVE to before trial, but we still won't know anything until the actual trial. Unless via leaks

I need to find which issue it was, but I. The Houston Chronicle, an interview was done with a lady named Jane E. from Special K9s...she verified that there was blood at WB that went into the water to across the bayou and down the bayou, east. Does that make sense to anyone?

:what: Well that is certainly new chatter. I haven't heard that. Has anyone else heard this? What about the rain?

I realize the mileage listed is give-or-take, but interesting to note that with the exception of the 340 miles from San Jacinto to Ochsner, all the other numbers ( 27, 135, 210) are divisible by....drum roll, please... 3. (Just a coincidence, I'm sure. Three is still my fave number.)

It's the "Magic Number"... Thanks...you made a bell ring for me!

So, BSL's home is located approximately 3 hours from the Oschner Hospital.

If Mickey's family 1st reported Mickey missing at 6:30 pm on May 19th, 2012, and MSM first reported Mickey missing around 9:30 pm on May 19th, 2012, and if BSL was at home when he heard that, he would not have made Oschner Hospital for 11:00 pm.

You beat me to it. The alleged knife attack was between 3 pm and 3.30 pm in the police report. I like how his attacker is described as bald, even though he was supposedly wearing a black hat. :waitasec:

But he wore his had mostly on his face! LMBO!

but the public most likely won't get any info about evidence until trial, right?
i'm thinking they show their cards to defense when they HAVE to before trial, but we still won't know anything until the actual trial. Unless via leaks

Yea that makes alot of sense. Hopefully we don't have to wait forever for a trial to begin. IMO the grand jury hearing is happening rather quickly, maybe they will follow suit with the trial.

just a thought, was there any speculation of MS carrying a knife, a little switchblade maybe!? I remember the pipe was never confirmed, her friends confirmed the pepper-spray.

I always carry pepper spray and a knife. If I get a bad feeling or see something suspicious...i take it out of my purse and prepare myself (as much as one can). Just wondering if the knife wound (since it appears small) could be that of a personal knife (not a kitchen knife, etc)?! Not a big knife expert lol so I was just wondering what everyone though. MS Seems like she would of fought at the scene of the accident (or whatever it was) IMO and not wait for an opportunity to strike later.

Just want to pass on a self-defense tip given to me years ago, especially for women. Whether you are carrying a knife or use a bunch of keys through your fingers (like knuckledusters) - make your defensive attack very strong and very quick, so it surprises your attacker and really HURTS him - then RUN - don't stick around for a fight. A lot of ladies (even in the worst case scenario) might hesitate to inflict great pain, but this is a case of saving your own life - so just have no mercy. Pepper spray in the eyes is the ideal way to slow him down while you escape - plus a swift kick where the sun don't shine. Also, I think they used to sell alarm devices that blast your attacker's ears and also bring attention to your plight. Anyone see those? Screams often go unnoticed, because too many young women scream for stupid reasons - a bit like the boy who cried wolf too much. JMO Be safe ladies, get self defense classes, don't walk or cycle alone at night, never take a lift from a stranger, or someone you only vaguely know. :cupcake:

Just wondering if in fact he was "mugged or attacked" at the gas station which would be a crime as he went to the hospital and LE was called wouldn't they have taken his clothes as evidence for any future charges against the perp that attacked him? My best guess is there would be some trace evidence if he was in the truck when the attack happened! I hope they have his clothes in custody.

The thing is, as someone mentioned earlier, New Orleans is so crime ridden that this was probably just one more to add to the list. I doubt they would have handled it as fastidiously as say Lafayette PD might have, or any other smaller town. I am just relieved that they made a decent report which is probably the least they HAD to do.

Good point.

Unless the police release to us what time he got to Ochsner, we're not going to know. Medical Records aren't like police reports. If his MRs get leaked (any bit of info from it), someone is losing their job immediately in a best case scenario.

11 pm

On May 19th, Lavergne checked into Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway around 11:00 pm, claiming he had been attacked and stabbed several times by a stranger at an unknown gas station.

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-s-whereabouts-after-mickey-s-disappearance-becomes-clearer/

FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW

July 13, 2012
In the last week, many developments have arisen in the investigation on the disappearance of Mickey Shunick. While these developments have caused heightened emotions at times for all of us, in the end they are still positive. They demonstrate that progress is being made, and most of all that we are growing closer to a resolution in our goal to find Mickey and bring her home. We ask all of you who are concerned to please make sure the stories being reported in the media have been verified with statements from law enforcement or the Shunick family. Please do not listen to or spread any unverified rumors or assumptions about the search for Mickey. These serve only to hurt our effort to find her.
As to recent events, let us clarify that nothing of consequence was found at the Church Point location where three “shallow grave sites” were reported. The police have been diligent in following many leads given through the tip line and private investigator, and we ask that people still utilize these phone numbers to report any information they may have. As a reminder, the private investigator's number is 337-235-0270 and the police tip line is 337-291-8633.
We want everyone to know that though an arrest has been made in the case and many recent news stories have concentrated on a main suspect, the goal for the Shunick family and the volunteer effort is the same as it was on May 19th: to find Mickey and bring her home. We understand that so many people have been emotionally affected by this story, and we thank everyone who has helped our cause over the last two months with their love, support, and positivity.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/findmickeynow

:what: Well that is certainly new chatter. I haven't heard that. Has anyone else heard this? What about the rain?

I seem to remember that I heard that as well...but the explanation was that there are many fishermen in the area and any one of them might have cut themselves...or LE knows something that they aren't telling us.

You know, maybe the freak really did get attacked by someone?

Maybe he went to a bar, strip club etc. after harming Mickey, then got into some sort of drunken fight with someone, and his injuries were completely unrelated to Mickey?

Three...number of vehicles used in this crime...Silverado that was stolen/burned, Aveo rented & new truck purchased before arrest.

In June, investigators called in Special K-9’s, a search group based in The Woodlands, to scour the area around Whisky Bay in search of remains. Jana Bickel, the group’s founder, said they took six of their trained dogs who searched the land and water in the area. The dogs alerted on a few spots on the land and one on the water, but none were productive. The dogs are trained to distinguish the scent of human remains from that of animals, Bickel said. However, she said, they also detect blood and since the area is a sort of fishing camp, they may have alerted on where a fisherman cut himself or some other injury that drew blood. Therefore, the hits may or may not have been related to Shunick.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925

No, we have confirmed he arrived at least by 10:14PM, as that is when JPSO began their initial report on the incident. 11PM emerged due to an error in reporting.

We do not know the time he arrived at the hospital. We only know that JPSO began their report at 10:14PM and by that time, NOPD was already finished with theirs.

So, BSL's home is located approximately 3 hours from the Oschner Hospital.

If Mickey's family 1st reported Mickey missing at 6:30 pm on May 19th, 2012, and MSM first reported Mickey missing around 9:30 pm on May 19th, 2012, and if BSL was at home when he heard that, he would not have made Oschner Hospital for 11:00 pm.

We're not saying that hearing about Mickey is the reason for BSL's going to New Orleans. He was just trying to set up an alibi in case he was called in for questioning for whoever the girl was. Nobody knows if he even knew her name at that point. The fact that he's a RSO would make it pretty likely that LE would want to talk to him. He could then tell them, "May 19th, that was the day I had to go to Ocshner Hospital because I was attacked."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat