LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think bsl fits the stereotype of anything. IMO 2am or late in the night seems to the perfect time to hunt for a victim, not too many witnesses. I truely believe he wasn't intoxicated at the time.

I think that if he was intoxicated, then someone would have come forward to say he was sitting in their bar drinking. If he was in Laffy at 2 am drunk, then someone woukld have reported seeing him in one of the bars or restaurants, imo.

I think he was sober and running on testosterone.

There is a lot of talk about him drinking (the past 3 threads) and several people are getting confused. Let’s not make this another "rumor" being spread on. I for one do not want the thread deleted because of so many good ideas and discussions. Please, let’s drop the: he was/what if drunk talk?! On that note, I wanted to try and make it to the location he burned his truck at. Does anyone know where a link to the spot can be found?

I don't believe it is a rumor at all. It is a possible theory that cannot be ruled out. There is no fact to support he was drinking and no fact to support he was not. Same as just about every other missing piece of this puzzle we speculate about.

In my opinion, being that he was out driving at 2am and did hit her bicycle , both facts, I think we have to leave that open for speculation. I am 50/50 on it because I just do not know.

I am the first person on here to correct people that state opinion or speculation as fact. I think we all just have to be careful that we state whether it is opinion or fact and back the facts up by providing a link or referring to the media page of facts. But if we can only state facts and no opinions then we won't have much to talk about.

I think that if he was intoxicated, then someone would have come forward to say he was sitting in their bar drinking. If he was in Laffy at 2 am drunk, then someone woukld have reported seeing him in one of the bars or restaurants, imo.

They may have! It could be part of the evidence not released. They stated they talked to hundreds of people. He also could have been driving around drinking building the courage to grab someone.

There is just no way to know. I cannot wait until we have all the details..if ever.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...he-he-does?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"We were kind of pushed into moving on it, but we were confident in our information and had it reviewed by the district attorney's office to make sure that we were on solid ground in taking him into custody," Craft said. "We have some very solid information and evidence that should result in a true bill."

Craft said police are still not sure whether Shunick was ever in Lavergne's mobile home, but crime scene investigators processed the scene "like she was." There was no body or human remains, nor a GPS, in the burned-out truck, but Craft said there very likely was evidence related to the case.

Craft understands the public's frustration with the department releasing so few details about the case, and admits that police have information and evidence that fills in a lot of blanks and answers a lot of lingering questions. But he is just as adamant that most of those details will not be released until the court proceedings get under way.

Great article -- thanks for posting, Dustibug!

More from your link:

Craft said he thinks investigators have enough evidence to persuade a grand jury to return an indictment against Lavergne. But he admits the department moved somewhat quickly to arrest Lavergne out of concerns that information might leak out about him being a suspect or the discovery of the burned truck in Texas.
Chief Craft did an excellent job with his comments here, IMO, explained the situation very succinctly and forthrightly.

But ... :( ... he had to say some very sad things:

...The lack of a body or any type of remains has caused some of Shunick's friends and family to hold out hope that she may still be found alive somewhere.When asked whether he thinks that could be the case, Craft became quiet.

"No," he said softly. "It would be a miracle. I would like nothing more, but all of the information we have and all of the evidence we have indicates to us that she is deceased. It's a combination of the information and evidence that we have that makes us think that." ...
That part, I still pray he might be wrong about...

ETA: Hey, everybody -- make sure you don't miss reading the sidebar to the left on page 1 of the article -- lots of interesting info there, too. (I almost missed it.)

Now that is the best article I have read yet. Quite informative.

It appears that the police do not know what day the truck was burned. That explains why there has been so much confusion on the dates. And apparently he did a great job on burning the truck. I have full confidence the police are smarter and they will find evidence in the truck.

I am so relieved they have information that points them away from Mickey being in WB. That means I think they will find her. What a relief.

It's my opinion that there are some good areas out by N Brasseaux that should be searched.

Another article from today's Advertiser:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150334/Troubles-follow-suspect

Truck as evidence
We've had it for a while and we have had a lab processing the vehicle," he said.

Lavergne bought a nearly identical truck June 4 from Don's Wholesale on Johnston Street in Lafayette, The Daily Advertiser learned last week.

The Daily Advertiser confirmed last week that Lavergne owns two properties on Constantine Road in Lafayette Parish in the Duson area. Lafayette Police Public Information Officer Cpl. Paul Mouton said that property has been checked by police in their search for Shunick.

Lavergne attended the church off and on for a few months and then stopped coming, Singley said.
On June 4, Lavergne resurfaced at the Crowley church.
"He made a contribution. I talked to him briefly after our service," Singley said.

Another article from today's Advertiser:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150334/Troubles-follow-suspect

Truck as evidence
We've had it for a while and we have had a lab processing the vehicle," he said.

Lavergne bought a nearly identical truck June 4 from Don's Wholesale on Johnston Street in Lafayette, The Daily Advertiser learned last week.

The Daily Advertiser confirmed last week that Lavergne owns two properties on Constantine Road in Lafayette Parish in the Duson area. Lafayette Police Public Information Officer Cpl. Paul Mouton said that property has been checked by police in their search for Shunick.

Lavergne attended the church off and on for a few months and then stopped coming, Singley said.
On June 4, Lavergne resurfaced at the Crowley church.
"He made a contribution. I talked to him briefly after our service," Singley said.

I missed the information about the Duson property. I have been looking at the satellite images today. I am very glad it has been searched.

not if le told them to keep quiet about it. Anyone sitting at a bar or at their house who wanted to be a "pal" would not rat him out about being drunk and driving while intoxicated and even if they did the right thing and came forward they were probably told by le to keep it quiet.
With that being said he was arrested like a month and a half after it happened...what do you think are the chances anyone would remember who was in a public establishment at the same time they were six weeks later? Do you think anyone would remember his face? Especially if they were also intoxicated on a crowded bar?
Also does anyone know where the gf that came forward (while he was offshore) lives? He could have been out at a bar with his own gf and dropped her off or otherwise parted ways that very same night....she may be the one who identified the truck in the pictures as his.....maybe initially before le positively identified the truck as belonging to him. IIIIFFFFFF. he was put drinking that night he could have been alone.....or whoever he was with could have been the one or ones to id the truck to le....and may very well have been told to hush up about it.....FACT IS NOBODY KNOWS!!

Moo

Any of y'all know about property in Oakdale associated with Brandon? I believe he may have lived there at one time. Not a fact that he lived there but I believe he did.

Hammond as well...

Great article -- thanks for posting, Dustibug!

More from your link:

Chief Craft did an excellent job with his comments here, IMO, explained the situation very succinctly and forthrightly.

But ... :( ... he had to say some very sad things:

That part, I still pray he might be wrong about...

ETA: Hey, everybody -- make sure you don't miss reading the sidebar to the left on page 1 of the article -- lots of interesting info there, too. (I almost missed it.)

Thanks for info about sidebar, I missed it too!! Real interesting about BSL routines as they pertain to WB and location in TX.

Another good find, Dustibug.

An interesting further little snippet from your second Advertiser link:

Ten days later, a police tip linked Lavergne to the white pickup in the surveillance video.

"It was a good arson job. It was very good," he said. "And he replaced it with a truck exactly like the one he burned, and so that in itself raised our suspicions right away. He obviously burned that truck to destroy evidence, and it was done the same day or within days of us saying...we can't find this white truck. As soon as that was put out, within a day or two, that truck was recovered in a field in Texas."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...t-know-where-she-he-does?odyssey=mod|mostview

That's good to know!

Did you guys watch the Youtube 107.9 interview with Charlene Shunick (Mickeys sister) in regards to BSL's arrest?

When Charlene mentioned about how LE said Mickey probably isn't alive, and how they had knew from the start that there was a chance of that, and then she goes onto say "It sucks..."

I immediately got tears in my eyes.

The look on her face is one of horror, sadness, depression, everything balled into one after she says "It sucks..."

It made me feel pretty sure that even the Shunick family senses Mickey may no longer come home physically alive.

Definitely made me cry, hard.

IMO I am sticking to my beliefs that bsl was not intoxicated on the night of ms disappearance. We are all entitled to our opinions and I respect them all but I am a person who looks at things from where the person is standing. Someone replied and said we don't know that bsl was out hunting for a victim that night, well LE said in the press conference that he was in fact driving around looking for someone, how they know this we don't know as of yet but I'm sure it will come out in the trial. I just don't think it is possible that bsl would have been intoxicated, I look at the situation that he needs to be in complete control of the situation (if he found a victim) and being intoxicated could lead him to making mistakes and errors that he would not want. That is my argument as to why I believe that bsl was not intoxicated. I'm quiet happy to hear reasoning as to why you all think he was intoxicated. I also don't think the thread will be closed due to us all throwing ideas,opinions and possibilities around. JMO

IMO I am sticking to my beliefs that bsl was not intoxicated on the night of ms disappearance. We are all entitled to our opinions and I respect them all but I am a person who looks at things from where the person is standing. Someone replied and said we don't know that bsl was out hunting for a victim that night, well LE said in the press conference that he was in fact driving around looking for someone, how they know this we don't know as of yet but I'm sure it will come out in the trial. I just don't think it is possible that bsl would have been intoxicated, I look at the situation that he needs to be in complete control of the situation (if he found a victim) and being intoxicated could lead him to making mistakes and errors that he would not want. That is my argument as to why I believe that bsl was not intoxicated. I'm quiet happy to hear reasoning as to why you all think he was intoxicated. I also don't think the thread will be closed due to us all throwing ideas,opinions and possibilities around. JMO

I respect your opinion and you are probably right.

But facts being facts... The Chief said 'maybe' he was out looking for a victim. Being a sex offender that is the first thing you would think of course but it still was stated as fact.

I don't know that I think he was intoxicated but I think it's a possibility we cannot rule out.

I don't know if I can post this or not. If not, mods please feel free to delete.

I think it is telling is some way that Brandon has a relative that has only two public pictures. One is of a white truck (not Brandon's) and the other is of a swampy water area.

Not posting a link and not sleuthing this this person. Just seems like this was an obvious choice. But if so, is it a hint or joke...or maybe random?

Hearing Chief Craft saying "No" to any possible way of her being alive, absolutely kills me...
Seriously, that is the WORST news I've ever heard throughout the ENTIRE investigation.

Gonna go cry now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member