LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I'm trying to hold a slither of hope she is still alive too.... But if Brandon has been offshore the 2 weeks previous to his arrest, how could she be? Wouldn't he need to have been keeping track/hold of her?

So in my opinion, I would only be "happy" if there IS a second perp, and he has Mickey, ALIVE.

One thing that keeps me believing she may still be alive, he's been so smart yet sloppy with other things in the case. Even dating back to his 1999 incident (he forgot the wash cloth with his DNA, dead give away). But yeah, the burnt truck, the obvious weird let me trade in this truck for one exactly like it, his weird show up at church even though he had not attended in years, the possibility that there is something they found on the bike or in that general area that they are not saying, him being placed at the exact location.

So it seems like a body, something really noticeable, would possibly have been found by now since he does things in a sort of sly yet unthinking manner.

I hope that's the case...
I want her alive.
------------

Let's brainstorm how she could still be alive, although the chance is very small (IMO):

She was passed on to another SO friend released from prison.

She was obtained for profit and passed on to the buyer.

She was placed in a location with either someone tending to her, or food/water left.

She was left injured, but managed to survive somehow, but is not able to make it to help.

Any more ideas?

As stated throughout the thread, BSL has gone to alot of trouble to (try) and hide evidence. He can't stop hurting others yet he does not want to go back to jail (IMO). So, where would one think would be a place to hide a body and think "no one will ever look here?". Just trying to see if we can come up with some more angles.

This also happened in the Zahra Baker case. Elisa Baker took a deal of 2nd degree by showing LE where Zahra's body was.

Death of Zahra Baker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is one of the cases where LE used triangulation of analog phones to determine locations.

OT cityslick I am not sure if you knew that they have sent the skull they found for further testing or not so included this.

"The State Bureau of Investigation and the medical examiner have sent the skull out of state for further testing to see if it is linked to the Zahra Baker case."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Skull-that-could-be-Zahra-Bakers-sent--162087475.html

The statement by "someguy" that BSL said "they did it to me again" proves to me more and more that BSL is not one that will man up and admit to his wrongdoings. He is one of those people that never admit when they are wrong, and will put the blame on others (ie: she made me do it, he told me to do it etc...)

As stated throughout the thread, BSL has gone to alot of trouble to (try) and hide evidence. He can't stop hurting others yet he does not want to go back to jail (IMO). So, where would one think would be a place to hide a body and think "no one will ever look here?". Just trying to see if we can come up with some more angles.
--------
Yeah, I was the one to say that it has been noted that many perps. don't want to go back to prison, so they kill the victim(s) and take their chances on discovery.

And I do think your where to hide the body question is a good one.

The statement by "someguy" that BSL said "they did it to me again" proves to me more and more that BSL is not one that will man up and admit to his wrongdoings. He is one of those people that never admit when they are wrong, and will put the blame on others (ie: she made me do it, he told me to do it etc...)

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I hope they did a good search. The weather is getting bad here in St Landry parish. I just noticed which church they were searching and I doubt he would have gone their to bury her, it's too open around there, you can see all around their from the hwy.

I thought the same thing when I started reading posts earlier- there is no way he would bury a body there on HWY 190 out in the open.but if you keep reading the spots they were looking at were not accessible by truck but by ATV only and it was a farmers land, not the church cemetary.

I am very glad to see that people are taking this seriously and looking over their property for anything unusual. There is so much countryside between here involved in this case there is no way LE can cover it all.

Someguy,

This definitely needs to be reported.
Whether they have this information already or not is irrelevant.
It could explain how he got back to Louisiana, or if he stayed there for some time before returning.

It could provide a lot. Please, give them a call and tell them EVERYTHING you know.

Just curious (if you don't want to share, that's fine) you said that he's capable of doing this crime. If you think someone might be capable of murder, it says a lot about their character. I take it, the other members were right in his violent ways?

Looking at his newest mugshot, I see a man who looks oddly relaxed and kinda self-satisfied and yes, I do detect a smirk - almost as if he's saying *you got nothing on me*. However, I'm betting that LE have a bunch of evidence to prove his guilt, and I believe they found some damning proof right there in his house. JMO If you can copy this photo by taking a screenshot, then enlarge it, then look at each of his eyes separately, you might notice they are different. One is kinder and the other is cold - it's the classic Jekyll & Hyde syndrome. Again, just my opinion :twocents:

index2.php

------------

Let's brainstorm how she could still be alive, although the chance is very small (IMO):

She was passed on to another SO friend released from prison.

She was obtained for profit and passed on to the buyer.

She was placed in a location with either someone tending to her, or food/water left.

She was left injured, but managed to survive somehow, but is not able to make it to help.

Any more ideas?

I know offshore people make good money.
But if Brandon had money to redo his trailer, buy another vehicle, get braces, none of that is cheap. Even for most offshore workers.

IF she was sold across the border (I sure hope not) then she is just not able to get back. I'm a little unfamiliar with how that works, once someone has been sold across the border. I know American laws no longer apply, but does that really mean they can just be kept there? Someone fill me in please.

I'd rather think that someone else has her alive somewhere, in the U.S.

Although this is from a link from the Jennings SK investigation by the task force, there is some very good ideas on the behavioral changes in suspects to be aware of. If anyone has any info on BSL behavioral changes after 05/19/2012. It is important to report it to the LPD TIP LINE: 337-291-8633

The Task Force Press Release issued August 20, 2009:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10966767

The Multi-Agency Investigative Task Force comprised of the Acadia, Calcasieu, Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff's offices, Jennings Police Department, 15 th and 31 st Judicial District Attorney's Offices, La State Police, La Attorney General's Office and the FBI, is continuing to investigate the recent series of homicides of women who resided within Jennings, La. To date, the task force has thoroughly pursued the leads generated by public response.

On Wednesday 08/19/2009, another female homicide victim was discovered in Acadia Parish. The body found has been positively identified as Necole Guillory, the young lady that was reported missing to Jennings Police Department on Wednesday.

This most recent, unfortunate discovery has prompted the task force to request the public's continued assistance and vigilance. Our first goal is public safety, which necessitates the gathering of as much information as possible.

The task force has reason to believe that there may be individuals who have information pertinent to this investigation, who have yet to come forward. We are appealing to these people specifically, and the general public, to contact the task force with any information they believe may pertain to this investigation and/or the people, facts and circumstances surrounding these murders.

Additionally, the task force is asking the public's assistance in identifying possible suspects through observations of changes in their behavior. Violent offenders often exhibit some noticeable behavioral changes following the commission of a crime. Often, members of the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender of a crime, and may observe behavioral changes in that person. While they will recognize the changes, and may even question the offender about such changes, they may not recognize the relationship between such behavioral changes and the offender's involvement in the crimes. The following are behaviors and characteristics that the offender may exhibit:

In reaction to heightened public awareness and intensive law enforcement investigation, the offender has changed his method of operation. For instance, the most recent victim's body was discarded off to the side of Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish. Previous victims' bodies were discarded off to the side of smaller, rural roads.

The offender is likely to pay very close attention to the police investigation, media coverage and even private discussions pertaining to this series of murders.

The offender is likely to have displayed increased nervousness in the time periods immediately following the murders and the body discoveries.

The offender may have increased his use of drugs and/or alcohol to contend with the nervousness and experienced stress resulting from increased awareness and vigilance of both the police and the public.

In the time period immediately following the murders and the body discoveries, the offender may have altered his daily routine. He may have left the area temporarily; he may have been absent from work, cancelled appointments and/or social engagements.

The offender may have changed his mode of transportation, e.g., changed his vehicle, sold or claimed to have sold his vehicle, cleaned or had his vehicle cleaned, possibly including the vehicle's interior.

The offender is someone with significant ties to the Jennings and Jefferson Davis Parish area. He has demonstrated a strong familiarity with the area, and is someone known to residents there.

The offender may have been seen in the area of Jennings where these young ladies disappeared from. He may have been, and perhaps is still frequenting the area.

* The task force encourages anyone with information to contact them at (337) 824-6662. Even if it is thought that the information is unimportant or has been reported to law enforcement previously, please call: yours may be the call that saves lives!

------------
This makes me think that he was trying to extract sympathy and support from his relatives and deflect culpability from himself.

Since we are brain storming did we every find out if bsl was into fishing are hunting i know convicted felony cant carry a gun but maybe before the 2000 charge

When a family member spoke to BL after the arrest, one of the things he said was, "they did it to me again" which i take as him stating that he was wrongfully accused again.

I'm not suprised by this one bit! Of course he's just not going to up and take responsibility. IMO in his mind HE is the victim HE is being framed- the whole world is against HIM. Reminds me of that time when I was 19 (young and stupid) and drove around intoxicated and got in trouble. I sure learned my lesson real quick but I had to attend AA meetings as part of the punishment for my bad decision. Those meetings were interesting to say the least but what I noticed almost EVERY time someone talked about falling off the wagon was SOMEONE ELSE drove them to drinking.

If Mickey is alive...why go to so much trouble to destroy his truck?

Looking at his newest mugshot, I see a man who looks oddly relaxed and kinda self-satisfied and yes, I do detect a smirk - almost as if he's saying *you got nothing on me*. However, I'm betting that LE have a bunch of evidence to prove his guilt, and I believe they found some damning proof right there in his house. JMO If you can copy this photo by taking a screenshot, then enlarge it, then look at each of his eyes separately, you might notice they are different. One is kinder and the other is cold - it's the classic Jekyll & Hyde syndrome. Again, just my opinion :twocents:
-------------------------
I keep hearing about him having a smirk/smug look.

I don't really detect that. I mean, we are conditioned to smile for the camera, say cheese, etc. He is not smiling or looking sad either. I'll give him a pass on this one.

But I do like the previous mug shot with a sweaty forehead, five o'clock shadow, and Mickey's apparent fingernail marks on his jugular!

It is very inspiring to know that the persistence and involvement by the community & LE, to locate and bring Mickey Schunick home, is still present after almost two months..

A question that has to be asked is, 'why would Brandon Scott Lavergne, relocate and destroy other incriminating evidence(DWT), in Texas, while leaving the incriminating evidence of her remains behind to be found'?

Very good point. There's no telling where she is, anywhere between there and where his truck was found in Texas. :(

I have a brother who is no stranger to criminal activity and what my family has learned is when it comes to a psychological disorder/ mental illness people can have different sides to them. In our case it's a stand by him and be encouraging when he is doing well and when he's not we always do the right thing other than lie/ protect him. Fortunately in our situation his crimes have all been stupid/non violent towards others but I have personally revoked bond, called police etc. in times where I knew thats what had to be done even though he's my brother and I love him. I know my family would all do the same. A little OT but there is certainly some psychological issues with BSL in my opinion.

I sympathize! I also have a very troubled brother that is facing 14 years for a large number on non-violent crimes. It is very difficult. They call and cry when they are locked up and it just breaks your heart. He is better off in jail because then we know where he is. it s so hard to say no.

There is a book called Co-Dependent No More and it is good reading. We were all enablers for many years and all it did was hurt us. It sounds like you are handling it very well!

My brother has schizophrenia and depression. It led to alcohol and substance abuse. I am curious if Brandon had any vices.

index2.php

YES!!! I think when the evidence starts flowing he's gonna change his tune a little. If things like DNA, and video evidence start surfacing it is not just circumstancial evidence or hearsay any more. Then there is other things such as receipts, the GPS, the possibilities of what was found in that house are endless and being that it was referred to as a "major crime scene" I bet there is plenty. Just a waiting game for now but still begs the question. Where is Mickey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3