LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.villeplattetoday.com/vie...ne-Parish?instance=secondary_news_left_column

When permitted to make a statement after sentencing, Lavergne said “I apologize for any pain I caused my family and any other families in this process. I am truly sorry and hopefully one day I can be forgiven.”

Read more: EvangelineToday.com - Brandon Scott Lavergne has history in Evangeline Parish

The judge's words back in 2000 made me sad...I wish that life had turned out differently for him and everyone who crossed his path. JMO

Judge Aucoin responded, “Well, I hope so. You are still young and there is still hope. You understand? Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out as well as it can under the circumstances.”

Someones post seems to think I'm BL's brother which I am not.
I have submitted the form to verify.

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

Makes me sad to think how hard Mickey was fighting (if, in fact he nearly lost his finger in the process of harming her).

Hello Someguy: do you know if BL was resentful towards his birth mother regarding being adopted?

Looking at his newest mugshot, I see a man who looks oddly relaxed and kinda self-satisfied and yes, I do detect a smirk - almost as if he's saying *you got nothing on me*. However, I'm betting that LE have a bunch of evidence to prove his guilt, and I believe they found some damning proof right there in his house. JMO If you can copy this photo by taking a screenshot, then enlarge it, then look at each of his eyes separately, you might notice they are different. One is kinder and the other is cold - it's the classic Jekyll & Hyde syndrome. Again, just my opinion :twocents:

index2.php

Authorities admit that it is often hard to prosecute a person for murder without a body. However, the other evidence in the case is so overwhelming they still seem quite confident in a conviction.

http://www.crowleytoday.com/view/fu...rgne-s-violent-nature?instance=home_news_lead

I am assuming, if SomeGuy is onto something, he may use the excuse that he was visiting his birth family in Spring, TX, when his truck was stolen. This could explain how he had a ride to the rental agency.

As guilty as I believe he may be I am trying to keep an open mind. I have not heard the evidence and there has not been a conviction. Even bad guys have crazy things happen to them.

OK I played that scenario out in my head... (a bit)

What IF... the truck being "stolen" was actually a "car jacking"... and (playing devil's advocate here...) he was beat up stabbed and/or injured to a significant degree...

Around 2:00 am on May 19th he "could" have been in a hospital and not been able to report the truck until May 26th...
Wasn't it reported there was not a tag on the truck when it was found? (might have just been a rumor)

Now, that does not explain the "evidence of a crime" found in his home...
They may have found someone else's DNA where he lived. :waitasec:

Of course there would be Hospital records and police reports that could easily be verified! I tried to check in local areas to see if I could find anything on a police blotter that would indicate a car jacking, or a stabbing incident but I have not found anything that matches up to anyone that is male and 33.

I doubt it but like ya said... bad things don't just happen to good people...
in fact bad things may happen to bad people even more often!
~moo

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

Wow! Thank you for sharing this. I find it particularly interesting that he was spending time in New Orleans and sustained injuries there. I can't help but think of the Jaren Lockhart case, which surfaced so close to Mickey's disappearance. Any chance he was connected to that too??? or am I reaching too far now. People have speculated that there was a someone else involved along with Speaks and Sanchez in the murder of Jaren. :what:

* So BL's Dad was in the hospital for 2 weeks
* Halfway through that time Mickey went missing
* BL was in New Orleans (when?) and "had been robbed and stabbed"
and "one of his fingers had nearly been cut off"
*I don't remember any other mention of this injury in any news or police reports...
(???)

Wow! Thank you for sharing this. I find it particularly interesting that he was spending time in New Orleans and sustained injuries there. I can't help but think of the Jaren Lockhart case, which surfaced so close to Mickey's disappearance. Any chance he was connected to that too??? or am I reaching too far now. People have speculated that there was a someone else involved along with Speaks and Sanchez in the murder of Jaren. :what:

I do think that is too far a reach mc...but you're thinking and thinking is good.:)

Speculating: if BSL is close to his hospitalized father, I wonder whether this would have been a 'trigger' for him. Maybe he's an evil person who goes around doing bad things. Or perhaps he's a sick individual (truly mentally ill) who lost his ability to function rationally/morally/emotionally. Not condemning nor defending...just thinking outloud.

after reading and article with an atty being interviewed, i am assuming the reason Charlie is asking the public to not gather at the courthouse on july 18th is because it would help the defense with getting a new venue for the trial. the defense would be able to use the gathering as "evidence" that BSL can't get a fair trial in Lafayette. so, locals, spread the word about the Shunicks' wishes. they want him tried in Lafayette not Monroe etc.

Change of Venue Motion for Prolific Serial Killer Dexter Todd Lee, was denied and the denial was used in his appeal and denied again...

Although it is agreed that a motion of change of venue will be filed by his defense attorney. It is a routine motion in high profile murder cases. Brandon Scott Lavergne doesn't have a snowball's chance in his final resting place, to be granted a Change of Venue, imo..

http://www.lasc.org/opinions/2008/05KA2098.opn.pdf

NO. 2005-KA-2098
STATE OF LOUISIANA
V.
DERRICK TODD LEE
APPEAL FROM THE NINETEENTH JUDICIAL

Begin on page 31 of the pdf

P 39 - As noted by the West Baton Rouge Parish trial court during the DeSoto case,
there was unlikely to be anyone in the state who had not heard of the South Louisiana Serial Killer.

State v. George, 37,492, 10 (La. App. 2d Cir. 9/24/03), 855 So.2d 861, 870
(defendant is not entitled to a jury entirely ignorant of the case and cannot prevail on
a motion for change of venue merely by showing a general level of public awareness
about the crime).

P 64 DECREE
For the reasons assigned herein, the defendant's conviction and death sentence are affirmed.

The judge's words back in 2000 made me sad...I wish that life had turned out differently for him and everyone who crossed his path. JMO

Judge Aucoin responded, “Well, I hope so. You are still young and there is still hope. You understand? Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out as well as it can under the circumstances.”

Judge Preston had a rep for being a hard-@ss so it surprised me to read those words.

Well, if he nearly got his finger cut off then there ARE going to be medical records. Regardless of "how" it happened there won't be any question as to when it happened. Sure sounds like he may have been hospitalized for a few days.
If he was in an ER or a hospital room the night Mickey disappeared then he wasn't in his truck.

That also makes the sense that reporters were questioning as to whether he had been bitten on the hand. There was an injury after all.

AND why LE had "no comment". Might even explain the new mug shot as well.
moo

OK I played that scenario out in my head... (a bit)

What IF... the truck being "stolen" was actually a "car jacking"... and (playing devil's advocate here...) he was beat up stabbed and/or injured to a significant degree...

Around 2:00 am on May 19th he "could" have been in a hospital and not been able to report the truck until May 26th...
Wasn't it reported there was not a tag on the truck when it was found? (might have just been a rumor)

Now, that does not explain the "evidence of a crime" found in his home...
They may have found someone else's DNA where he lived. :waitasec:

Of course there would be Hospital records and police reports that could easily be verified! I tried to check in local areas to see if I could find anything on a police blotter that would indicate a car jacking, or a stabbing incident but I have not found anything that matches up to anyone that is male and 33.

I doubt it but like ya said... bad things don't just happen to good people...
in fact bad things may happen to bad people even more often!
~moo

Well, like you, I am doubtful of his innocence but you never know. As someone in an earlier post said, the truth is stranger than fiction.

I don't know how much y'all have studied crimes but I assume you have much knowledge. It has been my experience when the murderer has almost severed fingers it is from the amount of force they used towards the victim. It pains me to state this and I dis not before for this reason.

second time in a day or two yall referred to dtl as dexter... his name is derrick todd lee

lets keep calm and help find mickey!!

Speculating: if BSL is close to his hospitalized father, I wonder whether this would have been a 'trigger' for him. Maybe he's an evil person who goes around doing bad things. Or perhaps he's a sick individual (truly mentally ill) who lost his ability to function rationally/morally/emotionally. Not condemning nor defending...just thinking outloud.

It would be very interesting to know what kind of relationship BSL had with his father. It may be a love/hate one that stirred up a lot of emotional baggage and may have contributed in some way to his behavior. Just trying to connect the dots here :waitasec:

I just wonder if that cut on his neck was self-inflicted. It could be a story of someone stabbing him and in self-defense he held onto the knife and it cut through his finger. That is a story made up to explain the wound to his finger. It s my opinion that if he has the scratches on his hands and arms then he is the attacker.

It is so hard to believe one thing but try to see both sides of a story!

Wow! If I was robbed and stabbed in NOLA and almost lost a finger and then my truck was stolen and burned in Texas, I would be scared to go anywhere!!

So lets see, BSL is wrongfully accused of rape in 1999, gets robbed and stabbed in New Orleans, has his truck stolen and burned in Texas, and then is wrongfully accused of kidnapping and first degree murder in regards to Mickey. .......
For someone who is "inncoent" he sure has had alot of bad luck. None of which is his own fault, of course.

MOO

Wow! If I was robbed and stabbed in NOLA and almost lost a finger and then my truck was stolen and burned in Texas, I would be scared to go anywhere!!

Yeah with that kind of luck I think i would be happy to be in Jail. All that and then to be accused of kidnapping and Murder 1 :rolleyes:

I agree about the tv pundits. Most seem to not have a clue, nor do they seem to want one.. I was told by one of these tv pundits that the spiritual side of profiling was sheer nonsense.

Actually concentric, there are those that have & do enter into the darkness of these evil minds. But they are far & few in between. Imo, they are very few around today that are in the same league with John Douglas, Roger L. Depue, or Robert Ressler. Other FBI agents at Quantico referred too the BSU as the witches unit, due their low light underground office, & ability to accurately profile the unsubs, etc..

Amazon.com: Journey Into Darkness (9781439199817): John E. Douglas, Mark Olshaker: Books

“JOURNEY INTO DARKNESS” BY JOHN DOUGLAS(1997); Author and FBI BSU Profiler. He penetrates the minds and motives of the most terrifying Serial Killers. He is one of the pioneers of the FBI’s Elite BSU and many of the techniques, strategies, and procedures used in tracking and identifying unidentified subjects today can be attributed to his experiences & journey into the abys or darkness…

Prologue: ‘In the Mind of a Killer’

'This isn’t the Hollywood version. It isn’t sanitized or prettied up or rendered into art. This is the way it really happens. If anything, it’s worse than the way I describe it'…

'AS I HAD SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, I PUT MYSELF IN THE MIND OF THE KILLER'..

He goes on to say that he also puts his head into the heads of the victim to be able to see the whole tragic picture….

This experience could cause a strong minded person to cry a river of tears.

As does Priests that perform multiple exorcisms, Agent Douglas, and others paid a hefty price with their health, even though they possessed a very high tolerance level, due to the enormous ‘evil’ they routinely encountered…

What do you all think is the best book about the psychology of serial killers? This one? Any others that you would recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub