LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#24, Corey White is a Rookie--no one has his jersey. I'll keep searching. So far, not looking good. Pierre is #23, but #24...not ringing a bell here.

Wow!!! They obviously share the same IQ level as their shoe size! I'm guessing LE is aware of these comments and from the sound of it, there are friends of his who know exactly where Mickey is!!!!

I thought the story was he doesn't have any friends, was always bullied, etc...

I wish someone else knew where she is, but I don't believe it is true. I don't think this is a guy who would trust, or inspire trust, in others.

I heard on CAJUNNET two days ago that she had almost bitten his finger off and that he went to New Orleans for treatment. And, that the police were well aware of it.

anybody ever post that link. hehehe!

seriously, it's always two days ahead of the rest of us non-cajuns, just say'n.

We don't even know for a fact what his latest mugshot is. Now I personally know the District Commissioner and he informed me that the latest picture of him is the skinniest one. And there is no scar in that photo.

The newest mugshot is the one on Jade's, it's all documented and dated. The skinny mugshot was included in OLD articles from the original sex offense he committed, so no, it can't be the most recent one. Sorry you got lied to! The two mugs in the orange jumpsuits are the most recent--the one with the scar showing was from the day he was picked up in the traffic stop at I10 and I49, and then they did a new mug when they re-booked him and added the charge for the RSO violation on his DL. http://jades.lafayettesheriff.com:8888/index2.php?nav=record&id=792068

Ok guys, I'm am just as adamant about Mickey's case as anyone else out there. I spent many days volunteer searching and many nights here on this forum. However, the more and more I learn about BSL from LEGIT sources, the more this arrest and persecution seems transparent. We must remember, in this country your are innocent until proven guilty. Sure whoever commited this crime deserves to be punished severely, more than likely the death penalty. This man insists of his innocence. He has the RIGHT to a FAIR TRIAL. Sorry y'all but there is little verified evidence in this case. We don't even know for a fact what his latest mugshot is. Now I personally know the District Commissioner and he informed me that the latest picture of him is the skinniest one. And there is no scar in that photo. What concrete evidence do we have against BSL that can get him convicted? Any DNA, indisputable video evidence, or reliable eyewitnesses? Not that we know of. I'm sorry for this post, but I feel like the LPD is capable of railroading him. This wouldn't be the first time this has happened, take a look at the current lawsuit against Jim Craft, they have lied to the public before. I also feel like this thread is getting out of hand considering the speculative scenarios that are being treated as fact. BSL is a human being who has done wrong and has paid his dues. Do some research for yourselves and you will see that he proclaimed his innocence in his first conviction, exhausted his appeals, and also completed a sex offender course which only a small percentage can accomplish. There is PROOF of this.

http://www.crowleytoday.com/view/fu...rgne-s-violent-nature?instance=home_news_lead

I understand this post may anger some, but I'm just trying to be fair and have an unbiased view that a juror will have. Emotions should be thrown out the window. We don't know for sure if he did this, I reiterate. Let's just hope that the authorities didn't wrongfully take him into custody on a bogus traffic violation because this alone can help him walk. Also if the LPD withholds evidence from the defense he could also have his conviction overturned. I'm just trying to abide by the amendments and I wish more people would do the same. These are the principles that our country was founded upon. If he did this I hope he recieves death, but until there is sure handed evidence that isn't circumstantial, nothing has been proven.

BBM Sorry, but I don't buy that skinny pic is his latest. :moo:
Got proof?

The hairstyle and shirt are out-dated. The orange jumpsuit pics reveal an older guy with updated haircut.

I do agree he deserves a fair trial. :moo:

I think they are making a point to charge him for altering the license because they know it was not recently issued, and therefore, not stolen, as he claims.

I think what we are hearing is a small part of the total case that LE is building against this guy. Those who were afraid that LE did not have much to back up the charges, I hope are feeling more confident now.

I was already confident that LE had a lot of evidence we knew nothing about, but this new information makes me feel the case is even stronger than I hoped. And this is just the information that has leaked or been released.

I thought the story was he doesn't have any friends, was always bullied, etc...

I wish someone else knew where she is, but I don't believe it is true. I don't think this is a guy who would trust, or inspire trust, in others.

Birds of a feather flock together...and in his case, I'm thinking his friends are the jail-bird variety. JMO

Hi everyone! I'm in Walker, LA and while I don't go to Lafayette often anymore- I used to go there a good bit back in my college days. I've followed this case from day 1 and lurked here for awhile, finally decided to register and speak up.
I have held out hope that Mickey is alive, but now knowing who the perp is, and seeing the past he is attached to, its hard to hold on to that hope. I messaged a few words of encouragement via facebook to Charlie and she responded almost immediately- while she seems slightly discouraged she remains positive- I'm not sure where she finds her strength- but she has handled this with such poise- it's an amazing thing to witness.
That being said, I don't really have much to add. I think LE has been on to BSL from the very beginning. I pray they find Mickey- for not only the family, but also to strengthen the case against him, but I also feel that if he put her in the basin and she hasn't been found by now, there is a strong chance that she never will be. Hopefully something makes him break and give this poor family some answers... but I know that is wishful thinking. My heart breaks for this family.

All that being said, at least it sounds like she gave him hell...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

:welcome:

To clarify by father I meant his adopted father was in the hospital. Brandon's family has been through some very crazy stuff when he was growing up so it's not surprising he turned out mentally ill. As to weather his family believed him in the his case in 2000, I wasnt convinced he was innocent or guilty really, didn't really know what to think. As for others I can't speak on their behalf.

I do not, as a nurse, think his finger was almost bitten or cut off.. this would need months if not years of reconstructive/micro surgery and with a human bite it would also involve IV or at the least PO antibiotics...

he may have told family his finger was almost cut off but that was most likely to garner sympathy and deflect away from his family/job responsibilities and the crime in laffy that he did NOT want to be associated with.

I tend to think he most likely was drinking the night he was trolling around (as LE has said) for victims.... he was not thinking of the cameras... and most likely was not even thinking when he dunked the bike into WBB and his truck was associated there (although he could have been thinking and turned off his phone and the gps and the traffic cam caught him or his tire treads match)

He was only thinking of his sick needs.

His coverup (which became increasingly desperate) came after the fact when he figured out that he had a lot to answer to esp concerning the wounds he sustained and most likely any dna evidence that was left inside of his truck.

As soon as those truck pictures came out he acted immediately in torching that truck AND reporting it stolen in another state.

was he nuts?

no..

he was working the system and knowing the lack of communication between states imhoo

hmm... I saw a Saints jersey on a family members facebook It was being worn a profile pic on a public forum. It was #29. prob means nothing!

IMO, and just a random thought for whatever it is worth, people wandering around confused and injured remind of those people that spend a few days in a crack house and then when they come out of it are disoriented, and embarrassed. Also, another random thought, is when they do spend a few days in a crack house usually the people who "run the house" use their car as part of the payment. Sometimes it is the payment. IMO. For whatever it's worth. just what I have heard about.

Wow!!! They obviously share the same IQ level as their shoe size! I'm guessing LE is aware of these comments and from the sound of it, there are friends of his who know exactly where Mickey is!!!!

Most likely it is just some troll who knows less about the case than we do, and is just trying to get a rise out of people. Same thing happened in teh Sierra Lamar case. The best way to handle trolls is just ignore them and their comments.

I heard on CAJUNNET two days ago that she had almost bitten his finger off and that he went to New Orleans for treatment. And, that the police were well aware of it.

Hence the "bite mark" question?

:what:

anybody ever post that link. hehehe!

seriously, it's always two days ahead of the rest of us non-cajuns, just say'n.

Cajunnet...
:floorlaugh:One of the MANY new things I have learned from being on websleuths! We should start a booK... New Things I have Learned from Being on Websleuths:D

I think he was being cocky with the same truck...that way, when LE came out to check him out, if they did, as a routine RSO, they might suspect him but he knew they would never find anything. I think he thought he took care of everything so he was feeling smug.

cocky or dumb. :jail:

just my :twocents:

in my opinion he was not robbed and stabbed in NOLA.. he was making excuses for his injuries

this guy was setting up his stories if you will along with the elaborate scheme with his truck (why he had to buy a new one).

I also tend to believe that the DA has a lot more on him that we don't even know about yet. While he thought he was pretty clever it sure caught up with him, didn't it.

:moo:

this guy's actions set back the investigation but only for a bit....

I don't personally think he will "talk" until a true bill comes down and his defense team presents him with the evidence the state has. If he ever talks about where he put Mickey it will be after that.. when there is some deal making going on about the death penalty.

again :moo:

i agree. i don;t think he ever expected a tiny woman to be able to mess him up to the point where there would be so much evidence. there had to have been a lot of blood both from his injuries and from Mickey's. i don't think he thought he'd have to go to the hospital and burn his truck. he expected his crime to be quick and easy for him.

i'm so proud of little mickey for fighting the way she must have!!! a swipe at the jugular and severing his finger!!! if she could have gotten a better swipe at that neck of his, she may have escaped. i cry just thinking about it. considering his size, she kicked *advertiser censored*!!!

i doubt he would have gone to the hospital unless he REALLY needed to.

i wonder what they would have found at his home? seems like he would have gotten rid of all clothing of his - shoes, belt, everything. maybe his wallet had blood on it still? surely he got rid of the knife. we know they have his medical records from NOLA as evidence in addition to his actual healing wounds, but other than that, what did he not get rid of that would have had mickey's DNA on it? all i can think of is a bag he would have put his belongings in before burning the truck in texas. his truck must have been a tragic disaster, so anything in there that he kept could have her DNA on it.

MAN! My first day of my seven day hitch and all these news stories came out and I wasn't able to keep up with the thread! When I read that he went the the hospital for stab wound the first thing I thought was YES! GO MICKEY!

CajunNet was alive in working here in South Louisiana. A co-worker informed me (rumor - myth - unconfirmed story ahead!) that he was called man voice and psycho in high school. The man voice makes since because the first victim was able to pinpoint exactly who he was just by the voice.

I'm new here, but have been following for quite some time.
BSL rented a car prior to purchasing one. Did anyone from the car rental place mention his injuries?
Do we know if his DL was altered at that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx