LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could've gotten off I10 at the Causeway ext. and been at Ochsner Hospital within 5-10 min. All it would take was a simple Google search. If he had an iPhone with Siri, it'd be even easier.

I agree I think he got rid of Mickey before his little visit to fix his wounds.

Hate to say this, but can't help noting all the swamps in the vicinity of Ochsner.
Sorry to be grim about this, but this may account for the *you'll never find her* quote that's been circulating for some time now :( I still believe there's a chance she escaped and I also firmly believe someone else knows the truth besides BSL, but they won't speak out because they are ex-cons and/or an accomplice.

Hate to say this, but can't help noting all the swamps in the vicinity of Ochsner.
Sorry to be grim about this, but this may account for the *you'll never find her* quote that's been circulating for some time now :( I still believe there's a chance she escaped and I also firmly believe someone else knows the truth besides BSL, but they won't speak out because they are ex-cons and/or an accomplice.

But if she escaped...where has she been for two months? :(

From 2009-2011, #24 jersey belong to Saints player Leigh Torrence.

I'm a big Who Dat fan as I know many others are on this thread, so please correct me if I'm wrong....but doesn't Leigh Torrence's #24 jersey seem very off the wall? His name/number didn't jump out at me as would one of the more popular players that everyone tends to have. Seems to be very random. Now Reggie Bush WAS #25. Maybe he got the numbers wrong. I guess it doesn't even matter. But it just seems unusual and kinda off the wall.

I wonder if he said 3 o'clock as a subconscious association with when he perhaps really sustained the injuries, around 3am

I'd be interested in seeing the ER report as there is a difference in the way a wound appears when it is fresh compared to what it looks like 12-18 hours later.

IMO he completed his time. Read the article, what got him out early was his behavior and the "glowing letter" regarding his progress and performance in that class that few offenders can complete. These psychologists/supervisors see many offenders on a daily basis and had great things to say about BSL. That, to me, says something. However I'm a very empathetic psychology major. But my views are backed up by our constitution and current laws. Many posters here are doing nothing, but spreading rumors as if they're fact. The LPD is under alot of pressure here and haven't done much in the past to make me confide in their actions. The District Commissioner didn't lie to me, he was vague, but would be angry if he saw my post. He also said he was the most respectful and well spoken murder suspect ever to come before him. Just saying guys.

I think it just shows that BSL is extremely charming and manipulative

IMO he completed his time. Read the article, what got him out early was his behavior and the "glowing letter" regarding his progress and performance in that class that few offenders can complete. These psychologists/supervisors see many offenders on a daily basis and had great things to say about BSL. That, to me, says something. However I'm a very empathetic psychology major. But my views are backed up by our constitution and current laws. Many posters here are doing nothing, but spreading rumors as if they're fact. The LPD is under alot of pressure here and haven't done much in the past to make me confide in their actions. The District Commissioner didn't lie to me, he was vague, but would be angry if he saw my post. He also said he was the most respectful and well spoken murder suspect ever to come before him. Just saying guys.

All of this information just reinforces my belief that BSL is not mentally ill nor is he insanse (either clinically or legally). Sounds like his mental capacity is just fine.

Sorry just encouraging y'all to put down the pitchforks and keep an open mind, that's all, until after the trial. And please nobody gather outside for the grand jury, because that's a little ignorant.

And could explain why a scar is on his Right side??? Due to the fact that he was driving??? at the time.

I agree could be self inflicted, BUT I doubt he almost cut his own finger off! NOT on purpose anyway!

Oh, I said that that before we heard about all of the stab wounds.

Sorry just encouraging y'all to put down the pitchforks and keep an open mind, that's all, until after the trial. And please nobody gather outside for the grand jury, because that's a little ignorant.

The family has asked that no one go to the court house and I am pretty sure that no one here on WS was planning to do so anyway.

No one is convicting him here; we are not a jury, most of us are not locals who could ever be called to the jury. But I think most of also have been following crime long enough to still want to see the evidence presented in court before convicting anyone of anything.

Better yet, a confession and a plea, IMO.

His "story" is just so far-fetched. If stabbed at a gas station at 3PM, why not call police right then and there. Wouldn't you go inside and call? It's the middle of the afternoon.

He's a big guy 220 lbs, some stabs and steals your wallet? Yeah right.

Many years back, my cousins husband got stabbed in the arm, in his car.
He has a license to carry. Shin holster. The got one try, wouldn't you just step on the gas? I would, then reverse--a big truck like that is a weapon.

I call BS.
I'm glad this is all coming out BTW.
:twocents:

Just because he is bigger doesn't mean he isn't a scaredy cat! Many men are not fighters.

I'm a big Who Dat fan as I know many others are on this thread, so please correct me if I'm wrong....but doesn't Leigh Torrence's #24 jersey seem very off the wall? His name/number didn't jump out at me as would one of the more popular players that everyone tends to have. Seems to be very random. Now Reggie Bush WAS #25. Maybe he got the numbers wrong. I guess it doesn't even matter. But it just seems unusual and kinda off the wall.
Maybe he said #24 to throw them off, and knew they wouldn't find anyone wearing a jersey with #24.
Just a thought.

One possibility is that he wasn't very seriously injured, but instead visited the hospital to establish an explanation for his injuries.

One thing about the very description of his alleged robber. That's a lot of detail there. Oftentimes a person who has been through a violent attack may have difficulty recalling minute details about their attacker -- the adrenaline signalling the fight-or-flight response. After the initial threat, the victim may recall additional details.

On the flip side, a person who is deliberately lying often over-embellishes, adding more details than necessary. <----- so says someone close to me who is a former LEO and insurance fraud investigator. I'm sure there are exceptions (someone who is a trained observer might natually notice/recall greater detail), but I thought it was worth noting.

All of this information just reinforces my belief that BSL is not mentally ill nor is he insanse (either clinically or legally). Sounds like his mental capacity is just fine.

It very well could be! Also if your point is true then BSL could be engaging in his sexual deviance and aggressiveness while under intense stress due to the stressors present in his life at the time he committed the crimes.

The newest mugshot is the one on Jade's, it's all documented and dated. The skinny mugshot was included in OLD articles from the original sex offense he committed, so no, it can't be the most recent one. Sorry you got lied to! The two mugs in the orange jumpsuits are the most recent--the one with the scar showing was from the day he was picked up in the traffic stop at I10 and I49, and then they did a new mug when they re-booked him and added the charge for the RSO violation on his DL. http://jades.lafayettesheriff.com:8888/index2.php?nav=record&id=792068

And, to add to your post - remember the RSO website includes all identifying marks, tattoos, scars, etc. The neck scar was not included in the description on the RSO website and not seen in the "skinny" photo. Clearly the scar is "new" and therefore the photo reflecting the scar is the latest.

No you aren't I don't know the area! That makes total sense!
130 miles give or take to get to NO... about a 2 hour drive?
Would he have had time to get to his home with her?
Wonder where he went until 11 pm

anyone notice gold teeth, black hat??? What color was Mickey's bike?
3:00 pm not 3:00 AM Guess we know what time he got stabbed now! or 3 pm could be true! :( but that would mean he had her (alive)over 12 hours... with NO FAMILY TO COME KNOCKING!!!
I wonder if the #24 is significant in any way???

moo
May 19th could also be thought of as "5/19"...and 5 + 19 is 24.
I know, it's reaching a bit...but thought I'd throw it out there!

But if she escaped...where has she been for two months? :(

He may have mistakenly left her for dead somewhere, and she regained consciousness. She could have sustained severe head injuries and succumbed to these AFTER escaping his clutches. She could have amnesia and be with someone else who is keeping her. These scenarios are not impossible. We have to continue to hold out hope until LE find irrefutable evidence of her demise.
JMO

With his injuries I think it is more possible that he left Mickey in water...he would not have had an easy time digging a hole or doing anything too strenuous, IMO.

If the fight began right away in his truck, I think she is probably closer to Lafayette...even this guy probably knows better than to be caught driving around with a deceased or unconscious woman in his truck....sadly, even if fierce, the struggle was probably a matter of minutes, not hours. I think he dumped the bike last, after he decided to head to NO. JMO
I agree, that's why I said I don't believe he'd drive with MS all the way to NOLA. I also think the attack was swift and ended quickly. The location of the hospital just gave me pause, but there could be another explanation. I haven't thought it through yet. You do raise a good question. If you're left with a bike and a dead body, which do you dispose of first, assuming you use separate dumpsites? Most of us would say the body because it's the most incriminating if you happened to be stopped on the road by LE. On the other hand, since a body can hold a great deal of evidence, you might hesitate and give more thought on where to hide it. JMO

And could explain why a scar is on his Right side??? Due to the fact that he was driving??? at the time.

I agree could be self inflicted, BUT I doubt he almost cut his own finger off! NOT on purpose anyway!

The scar on his right side is an old scar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne