LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It MAY have taken police till 11pm to get to the hospital. I've called the cops and it's taken hours for them to respond. Just cause the article says the police questioned him at 11pm, it doesn't mean it took him 8 hours to get there. It could have been a good bit of time before the nurses even alerted authorities of a stab wound.
This guy will never get a fair trial in Lafayette. The lynch mob is already out.

ok. i'm stilllll catching up, so forgive me is someone already posted this, but one may wait HOURS in the NOLA ER, and the police definitely didn't get there right away. i promise you that, especially on a hot weekend. so we need to figure out exactly when he arrived at Ochsner. this can help us figure out how far out he could have possibly gone to hide her. we now KNOW that he didn't hide her in that Texas forest! that is good news!

what about cameras at the hospital parking garage? surely she wasn't still in there, but maybe a pic got the condition of the inside of his truck?? a stretch??

He went to a hospital in New Orleans?
Does that mean Mickey could be somewhere on the way to New Orleans, and how far away is it from Lafayette?

You know - this is very interesting...I live in the New Orleans area and my family lives between here and Baton Rouge. On the morning of June 2nd, I was traveling I-10 west and on the spillway (which is a 10 mile bridge between Kenner & LaPlace that covers water and swamp), I counted 5 state troopers. Now, it's not uncommon to see that area patrolled by state police because the speed limit is lower than the regular interstate, but FIVE state troopers around 8 a.m. is very unusual. I vividly remember the date & time because I was traveling to pick up my niece to bring her to see a movie that was just released. I instantly thought of Mickey because the state troopers were clearly not out for the speed demons (like me). They were definitely looking into the water below and a couple of them looked like they were marking a spot. I wonder if anything was ever recovered in the waters below? Was something tossed out the window? He would have very likely traveled this bridge because it is the quickest route between New Orleans and Lafayette. It would have only been 2 weeks after Mickey disappeared.

I don't think BL would be the type to make friends in prison, i.e. "associates" for future crimes, because he does not think he is "one of them". He thinks he was given a raw deal, was set up, blah, blah blah. He likes to present as a normal kinda guy, and keep his dark side hidden.

Sorry just encouraging y'all to put down the pitchforks and keep an open mind, that's all, until after the trial. And please nobody gather outside for the grand jury, because that's a little ignorant.

And you're completely right. But sometimes the pitchforks and torches are necessary to balance the scales with all the horrible ***** that goes on in this world. Is it fair to him? Maybe not. But it's not fair what happens to innocent victims either.

And I agree with your opinion of LE. If this was all based on fingerprints and DNA I'd be wary that he is simply a scapegoat. But I find the type of evidence presented thus far to be more damning in the fact that it's not something easily fabricated.

I agree, that's why I said I don't believe he'd drive with MS all the way to NOLA. I also think the attack was swift and ended quickly. The location of the hospital just gave me pause, but there could be another explanation. I haven't thought it through yet. You do raise a good question. If you're left with a bike and a dead body, which do you dispose of first, assuming you use separate dumpsites? Most of us would say the body because it's the most incriminating if you happened to be stopped on the road by LE. On the other hand, since a body can hold a great deal of evidence, you might hesitate and give more thought on where to hide it. JMO

I am tending to think he headed back home after the attack and dumped the bike first. He may have dumped them at the same time.. water is unforgiving (thus the multiple searches even a few weeks ago)

I think he may have gone home in between or after and I think Mickey was dumped in a spot that was at least known to him in a cursory fashion.

moo of course.

I for sure think that he went home before he staged his "I got robbed and stabbed multiple times in NOLA" story. I think that story was not only to cover his *** for his crime but also to appease his family or anyone who was expecting him around that day.

MOO.

I wonder if anyone rode in his truck after the 19th. I'm thinking no, and that is more why he didn't pick up his step father. Possibly why he HAD to get rid of it before the step dad returned. He might have been asked to take his dad somewhere... ~ Dr.s appt etc?
thinking out loud...
moo

I'm guessing there was a LOT of blood in that truck and the obvious reason for burning it, as well as hairs, fibres, possible semen. We know he owns another vehicle - 1991 Red Dodge Stealth to get around in, as well as the little red Aveo rental car for a few days, before he purchased another truck.

I just called and reported the information.

Someguy, :tyou:
Thank you sooooo very much for sharing family information that may help answer many questions.
I believe the community is appreciative for your willingness to share personal insight about Brandons life. Just like Ms Cynthia (brandons mom) was strong enough to quickly reach out to the Shunick family, you were strong enough to share information that may be of value. That says a lot about ya'lls integrity to do what's right.

My prayers to you & your family. Thanks again.

Prayers for Mickey to come home soon. :angel:

Maybe he said #24 to throw them off, and knew they wouldn't find anyone wearing a jersey with #24.
Just a thought.

But the #24 could mean something else and that is why he said it....24 miles away....Hwy 24...Exit 24...Ave 24...something with 24. I'm not local so I don't know if there is anything like this but it's just to "random" of a number in my opinion. It means something, the question is what?

And you're completely right. But sometimes the pitchforks and torches are necessary to balance the scales with all the horrible ***** that goes on in this world. Is it fair to him? Maybe not. But it's not fair what happens to innocent victims either.

And I agree with your opinion of LE. If this was all based on fingerprints and DNA I'd be wary that he is simply a scapegoat. But I find the type of evidence presented thus far to be more damning in the fact that it's not something easily fabricated.

exactly (bbm) being in a place at a time that is exactly around the time of the crime and placed at the dump site of the bike..

no planting that.

It is what it is.

To clarify by father I meant his adopted father was in the hospital. Brandon's family has been through some very crazy stuff when he was growing up so it's not surprising he turned out mentally ill. As to weather his family believed him in the his case in 2000, I wasnt convinced he was innocent or guilty really, didn't really know what to think. As for others I can't speak on their behalf.

Do you think he was always different or do you think some of the "crazy stuff" might have made him become what he is today, if he's guilty?

Soo scary to think bl was in the Nola area nearly 24 hours after Mickey went missing, ESP in Jefferson parish, which is where I live. I have goosebumps!

does anyone know if Mickey was right or left handed? tia (trying to think more about this "wound")

I am thinking that one of his wounds could have been inflicted by Mickey but the others self inflicted to cover the rest up (just a thought)

If she was right handed I see the neck wound as being self inflicted possibly (to cover the one on his hand

:moo:

On the Find Mickey page, there's a photo of her holding a rope on a lead to a horse with a younger rider atop of it; in her right hand. Not sure if that says much, but...I don't see any other picture where she's holding something in one hand.

But the #24 could mean something else and that is why he said it....24 miles away....Hwy 24...Exit 24...Ave 24...something with 24. I'm not local so I don't know if there is anything like this but it's just to "random" of a number in my opinion. It means something, the question is what?

get rid of the victim in 24 hours?
His 24th victim???

What "white guy" has gold teeth anyway?
I have never seen it! (notice I didn't say "tooth")
What PERSON that isn't a rich celebrity
or rock star has gold teeth nowadays?

I guess diamond and gold "grills" are in! lol

I hope he was caught on camera at a pharmacy
somewhere buying bandages etc thinking he would "fix it"
himself!

You know - this is very interesting...I live in the New Orleans area and my family lives between here and Baton Rouge. On the morning of June 2nd, I was traveling I-10 west and on the spillway (which is a 10 mile bridge between Kenner & LaPlace that covers water and swamp), I counted 5 state troopers. Now, it's not uncommon to see that area patrolled by state police because the speed limit is lower than the regular interstate, but FIVE state troopers around 8 a.m. is very unusual. I vividly remember the date & time because I was traveling to pick up my niece to bring her to see a movie that was just released. I instantly thought of Mickey because the state troopers were clearly not out for the speed demons (like me). They were definitely looking into the water below and a couple of them looked like they were marking a spot. I wonder if anything was ever recovered in the waters below? Was something tossed out the window? He would have very likely traveled this bridge because it is the quickest route between New Orleans and Lafayette. It would have only been 2 weeks after Mickey disappeared.

Map anyone?

If the fight began right away in his truck, I think she is probably closer to Lafayette...even this guy probably knows better than to be caught driving around with a deceased or unconscious woman in his truck....sadly, even if fierce, the struggle was probably a matter of minutes, not hours. JMO

I have to wonder if she didn't cut him So bad (pissed him off really bad) if he would have let her go and just threatened her like the first victim. I hope by fighting him wasn't what got her killed in the end. I don't think we will ever know. very very sad.

I do wonder why he was in La at that late hour on the morning of the 19th just driving around. How far is his mobile home located from La? Was he at a bar out drinking ...has any places in that area that has night life claimed to have seen him? If he was just there driving around then he was looking to pick up a victim. Why would you be driving around at that hour for no reason. And also he told the police that he was robbed and stabbed at a gas station....hummmm...why bring a gas station into it? Maybe that circle k gas station is where he hit Mickey. humm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0ShytSherlock