LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BSL stated he was robbed at 3pm, he went to the er later(time unk), spoke to JP police at 11pm per msm

link up thread on KateB, sorry I'm on a very old slowwww pc tonight

Yes it does. I personally do not believe in the death penalty. JMO. I believe only God has the right to take a person's life. I also believe that all offenders should be made to work for the common good of the community and pay back to society for all they have taken away from it..although one can never compensate for murder. :moo:

as hard as it is to not want to put BSL to death if indeed he is guilty, i don't believe in it either. we are probably a minority. i worry for the souls of those carrying out the penalty. however, i know that financially it is burdensome to the taxpayer to house these men for life. so some sort of heavily protected island in the middle of nowhere is my solution. every man for himself. farm your own food. make your own clothes etc. live like a cave man

Does anyone know if they are checking Hwy 190 or 975. If BSL took MS to his home with her bike, to do his dirty work, then it may make sense that he would take her and the bike thru Krotz Springs, down 190 to 975 where it intersects with I-10 at WB. If he put her somewhere on that path prior to dumping the bike, that gives him time to clean up his truck, make his way to Jefferson Parish to be treated for his wounds at 3pm.
Has the Sherburne Wildlife Management Area been searched?

I'm wondering what condition (bloody or not) his clothes were in when he appeared at the ER. If he had been assaulted as he claimed, his clothes should have been quite bloody. If he went home to change first, I wonder if it struck anyone in the ER strange that they weren't terribly bloody? Also, if he was stabbed in the back, were there holes in the shirt he showed up wearing?

Trust me, the ER staff would have noticed his total condition, including mental state, and it would have been documented. IMO when LE interviewed him they weren't convinced he was telling the truth and I doubt his claim was followed up on.

Did his wallet also have any credit or debit cards? Did he report any of those missing or happen to keep using them? CHECK HIS STATEMENTS!

Good point! Do you think a sweet little 110 lb girl could stab this fellow in the back, chest, neck and damage his hand and finger like this? This Brandon fellow was huge 220lbs. Surely the attending Doctor could determine the type of knife? Anyone attacked like this would be in a daze for awhile IMO , maybe he was reluctant to run to a Doctor lots of people are but, he got some of the stab wounds dressed somewhere on his own or in his truck but, the hand wouldn't stop bleeding and he got fearful of sepsis or gangrene setting in. What do you think about the gap in time before seeking medical help?

Am I safe in saying that we don't know his whereabouts from May 24-30? During the TES organized search? I'm curious if he was on a search team during that time.

It has been said that the records have been crossed checked to see if he did and he did not. However the same night they moved from UL's Our lady of Wisdom Church To the Cajun Dome a friend of mine told me a guy had come in and filled out the form but took off when asked for his ID.

Did tears in his shirt line up with wounds? Did police take any evidence from this 'crime'?

I wish LE would have wanted to go with him to check out his truck! Fail, if they didn't.

:floorlaugh:Like there is a gas station, right?:floorlaugh:
sorry for laughing, just struck me as funny.

Better yet, a gas station with no employees or customers!

Just happened to catch Fox 8's (nola) coverage of the latest update... sad how briefly they mentioned the whole Ochsner/BSL event and DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR TIPS?! Seriously, I would hope they'd be encouraging the people of Orleans and Jefferson Parishes to call in and report if they know or saw something while he was here.

WBRZ in Baton Rouge did a little wimpy piece on it at 6. i was disappointed in how brief it was. they didn't give nearly the details that lafayette news gave.

in their defense, i didn't watch 10 - was still trying to catch up! finally, i am!! yay!!:rocker:

:floorlaugh:Like there is a gas station, right?:floorlaugh:
sorry for laughing, just struck me as funny.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Was hoping you would catch the dry humour there!

Not that I am aware of~~
There are those bodies of water besides 975 (Sherburne Wildlife Management Area). I'm not from the area but I can see them on google maps. Could that be a possibility?

I'm wondering what condition (bloody or not) his clothes were in when he appeared at the ER. If he had been assaulted as he claimed, his clothes should have been quite bloody. If he went home to change first, I wonder if it struck anyone in the ER strange that they weren't terribly bloody? Also, if he was stabbed in the back, were there holes in the shirt he showed up wearing?

he must have gone in with his bloody clothes, right? they probably gave him a gown to put on and a bag to put his clothes in, which works out in his favor. i'm sure he just set that bag of clothes on fire without having to ever bring them in his house.

if he was stabbed in the neck, chest, back, and finger, i don't think he went home before going to the hospital. he must have been hurtin' and bleeding a lot.

all this time, i thought for sure it was quick and that he killed her somewhere off Coliseum. but now with this whole 3pm thing, I'm wondering if she may have fought him closer to 3pm. i don't know. i'm not familiar with stab wounds. ACI, can you find out when he got to that hospital? :please:

as for WB, chickenfried seemed to think that it would have been difficult to walk with a body to the cement pillar thing holding up I-10. so maybe he planned on putting the bike there as well as her, but after tossing out the bike from the pillar, he realized that it would be too hard to toss her out into the current part especially while suffering from all of his injuries, so he changed his mind and thought he'd put her somewhere else that was easier to maneuver??

i'm not convinced on any of my theories. just thinking out loud here

Good point! Do you think a sweet little 110 lb girl could stab this fellow in the back, chest, neck and damage his hand and finger like this? This Brandon fellow was huge 220lbs. Surely the attending Doctor could determine the type of knife? Anyone attacked like this would be in a daze for awhile IMO , maybe he was reluctant to run to a Doctor lots of people are but, he got some of the stab wounds dressed somewhere on his own or in his truck but, the hand wouldn't stop bleeding and he got fearful of sepsis or gangrene setting in. What do you think about the gap in time before seeking medical help?

I have a few thoughts about the events that occurred on May 19 between 2am and 11pm (and after) - but I'm still trying to sort them out in my mind to figure out what chain of events I think makes the most sense. :waitasec:

On a different note, I too have gone to an ER in nola (actually, the other Ochsner) and waited QUITE awhile before being brought in... I've waited even LONGER for cops to show up after calling to report an accident. Blame it on the city's 'laissez-faire attitude' ? So I'm also wondering how much time elapsed between his arrival, his admittance, and the interview with the 2 LE teams.

There are those bodies of water besides 975 (Sherburne Wildlife Management Area). I'm not from the area but I can see them on google maps. Could that be a possibility?

There are plenty of places he could have put her along that route I'm going to drive it Saturday, weather permitting.

Exactly what I first thought when I heard he said his wallet/dl was stolen... He had to say they were stolen so they wouldn't see he was a RSO... Didn't want the er staff to have any suspicions, and/or doubt his story... Guilty conscience...
JMO

Just confirming....he did not say his cell phone was stolen, right? He must have had that with him. Ping ping ping ping.
I think those pings will bring us to Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllDee