LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are those bodies of water besides 975 (Sherburne Wildlife Management Area). I'm not from the area but I can see them on google maps. Could that be a possibility?

it's swamp and part of the Basin. i drove down I-10 in front of Sherburne yesterday and thought she could be there, but i also thought she could be in teh middle of a field in Grammercy or in the bushes by the LaPlace exit. there's a lot of land FULL of trees and vines and little green algae filled ditches. this land has orange signs on chains that say "DMAP POSTED" or "DTAP POSTED" i can't remember which. does anyone know what this land is for and what these signs mean? i thought those places would be easy to hide

it's swamp and part of the Basin. i drove down I-10 in front of Sherburne yesterday and thought she could be there, but i also thought she could be in teh middle of a field in Grammercy or in the bushes by the LaPlace exit. there's a lot of land FULL of trees and vines and little green algae filled ditches. this land has orange signs on chains that say "DMAP POSTED" or "DTAP POSTED" i can't remember which. does anyone know what this land is for and what these signs mean? i thought those places would be easy to hide

Deer Management Assistance Program

Just confirming....he did not say his cell phone was stolen, right? He must have had that with him. Ping ping ping ping.
I think those pings will bring us to Mickey.

Right. That was not included in the news report, at least. I imagine he'd say something like this:

Oh yeah I left my cell phone in the truck while I was pumping gas, and that's when the guy attacked me, so he just took the wallet bc it was in my pocket. (I still dunno why I didn't call 911.)

I smell what you're cooking! I was wondering the same thing.

While it is very true that many adoptees are resentful of their bio mother giving them up for adoption, I believe in this particular case that would figure in at about 5%. The other 80% I would say is genetics with environment weighing in at 15%.

I have worked with adoptees for over 30 years. Most do resent their bio mothers for giving them up and most need counseling for it. It is my advice to the adoptive mothers that the children are allowed to meet their bio mother face-to-face and let that bio mother tell the story of the adoption. That is the only way that adopted child can be healed from wondering what the real story was.

You are late to the ball, as this issue has been beaten and discussed to death. Yes, he probably harbored some anger.

There is just so much water everywhere down here and all along his route that night. The only thing is that if Mickey caused these injuries and he's hurting, he was (IMO) less likely to place her far from the roadway. Just thinking that if he's worried about himself, he would want to get rid of her quickly and get himself some help.
I think she's either near his home (where he could keep an eye on her) or between Laffy and Whiskey Bay. May be Mickey was left down an I-10 exit where BSL has some knowledge/familiarity. Wonder if his family has any land, or ever had a camp in that area.

Once he was injured, I think he went to New Orleans to put distance between him and the crime so he could be treated without causing any undue attention. He couldn't go to a Laffy ER because the connection would have been too easy (injured RSO and missing girl). In NO, a random stabbing wouldn't be uncommon or thought much of as unusual (visitor/tourist getting stabbed and robbed). More common, less interest by LE.

Does anyone know if they are checking Hwy 190 or 975. If BSL took MS to his home with her bike, to do his dirty work, then it may make sense that he would take her and the bike thru Krotz Springs, down 190 to 975 where it intersects with I-10 at WB. If he put her somewhere on that path prior to dumping the bike, that gives him time to clean up his truck, make his way to Jefferson Parish to be treated for his wounds at 3pm.

if he attempted to clean his truck before burning it, which i would think he would have, where do you think he would "wash" it? too bad his neighbors didnt' notice anything unusual. well, maybe they did and we just aren't in the know of that yet

http://wwwprd.doa.louisiana.gov/LaServices/PublicPages/ServiceDetail.cfm?service_id=3252
Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP)

Oh, she got him so good:

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-questioned-in-jefferson-parish-may-19th/

"He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand."

I am still curious if they are all self inflicted. Except for the scratches, possible bite mark and the finger. As I stated many posts ago, the neck wound easily could be. Any crime I have researched where the perpetrator tried to make himself look like the victim always had superficial wounds whether they were gunshots or stabs. They always just happened to miss any vital areas and never needed much medical attention. It is possible to stab yourself in the back!

And so many cases involve the hands and fingers being deeply sliced from the force they used causing their hands to slide down on the blade. Now I have never heard of a 'victim' of a stabbing attack having these types of scratches on their ands and arms.

Again, he could say it was a defensive wound trying to stop the attacker but I don't buy it.

I am thinking more & more Mickey is somewhere between either:
Lafayette & Oschner on Jefferson Hwy in NOLA
or his home in Swords/Latwell & Venice (which he was familar with from work; this are encompasses the above mentioned areas as well).
He didn't have to drive far off of I-10 to drive down to WB where the bike was. May have taken 10 minutes tops (but probably more like 3 or 5 minutes) to drive down, hoist the bike in, and drive back onto I-10. I don't think he's as into wildlife and water as we may expect someone from the area to be. I think he goes for where it's easiest and safest for him and doesn't have to take him too far off the main roads (like I-10). I'm thinking if he didn't throw Mickey in at WB, he got off at another exit on I-10 between Lafayette & New Orleans and put her someplace not far from the interstate.

I wish this was getting more coverage in New Orleans & the surrounding areas. I know people around Church Point are really walking their land, looking for anything out of place or suspicous (like disturbed earth, etc) and reporting it...but I don't think people along I-10 east of Lafayette are. I wish they all would go walk their land....

as hard as it is to not want to put BSL to death if indeed he is guilty, i don't believe in it either. we are probably a minority. i worry for the souls of those carrying out the penalty. however, i know that financially it is burdensome to the taxpayer to house these men for life. so some sort of heavily protected island in the middle of nowhere is my solution. every man for himself. farm your own food. make your own clothes etc. live like a cave man

I think that sounds okay in theory, but it probably wouldn't work. I'd personally like to see prisoners put to work building houses for the homeless and helping society in real positive and practical ways, so they truly earn their bed and board, and do something good with their lives. JMO

Just happened to catch Fox 8's (nola) coverage of the latest update... sad how briefly they mentioned the whole Ochsner/BSL event and DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR TIPS?! Seriously, I would hope they'd be encouraging the people of Orleans and Jefferson Parishes to call in and report if they know or saw something while he was here.

--

Is it possible with all the murders in New Orleans, the police just went through the motions on this call? No one seriously hurt, just a simple robbery.

I am still curious if they are all self inflicted. Except for the scratches, possible bite mark and the finger. As I stated many posts ago, the neck wound easily could be. Any crime I have researched where the perpetrator tried to make himself look like the victim always had superficial wounds whether they were gunshots or stabs. They always just happened to miss any vital areas and never needed much medical attention. It is possible to stab yourself in the back!

And so many cases involve the hands and fingers being deeply sliced from the force they used causing their hands to slide down on the blade. Now I have never heard of a 'victim' of a stabbing attack having these types of scratches on their ands and arms.

Again, he could say it was a defensive wound trying to stop the attacker but I don't buy it.

JMO, but he doesn't seem like the type to go the self-inflicting route. he doesn't seem tough enough to hurt himself. i hate to say it, but i am getting the sense that he was a momma's boy. i could be totally off base here, but either way, i don't think he injured himself or worsened injuries that were already there.

if he attempted to clean his truck before burning it, which i would think he would have, where do you think he would "wash" it? too bad his neighbors didnt' notice anything unusual. well, maybe they did and we just aren't in the know of that yet

As of right now, my theory is that he picked her up, bought her and the bike back to his house, with her still alive and did what he had to do. He seemed to like control over a woman, however MS wasn't the pushover he thought and got a hold to a knife, and used it. Maybe one from his own home. If that's the case then I am sure he went nuts at that point.... I think he put her somewhere along that back route to WB, then dumped the bike at WB. He probably cleaned his truck on his way to or his way back from the hospital... Baton Rouge, or some city in between WB and NO. I bet he went to a Wal-Mart or some store to get a cleaner for his seats and carpet. Cleaned it up good enough until those pics showed up on the news, then he feared DNA...

exactly.. it was too shallow to approximate with stitches/ started to granulate in. that is what I am thinking. And the more I look at that neck slash (actually the FIRST time I looked at it) I wondered if it were not self inflicted. It looks shallow and like a clean slash. When I first saw it I never for a second thought it was a defensive wound just related to the angle.

moo of course

Ya know, that wound does look exceptionally clean. Never really thought about it until you said it. It looks like it nicked the top of the skin off and it actually is exactly where a right-handed person would bring a blade up to nick themselves. Wow. As the worm squirms.

--

Is it possible with all the murders in New Orleans, the police just went through the motions on this call? No one seriously hurt, just a simple robbery.

i guess that without the insistence by the "victim" to go after the perp or at least tell them where he was attacked, they were like "whatever dude, we can't really help ya." i'm sure they could have done more, but from the list of other crimes that night, this "victim of theft" wasn't on their priority list because the "victim" didn't care

I haven't read every post, but I was wondering if there had been any mention of his blood being found on the pillars or concrete at WB?

I think carrying a bike and bleeding from stab wounds, he might have dripped some there.

I'm wondering what condition (bloody or not) his clothes were in when he appeared at the ER. If he had been assaulted as he claimed, his clothes should have been quite bloody. If he went home to change first, I wonder if it struck anyone in the ER strange that they weren't terribly bloody? Also, if he was stabbed in the back, were there holes in the shirt he showed up wearing?

I think that in hindsight things would of been handled differently but it is important to note that Mickey had not even been reported missing at this point in time. I believe she was not reported IIRC till 6:30 so LE would of had no reason to check his vehicle/clothes in relation to her.

Assuming Mickey did cause the injuries to this guy and there was quite a struggle...does this put to rest the idea of Mickey being hit and injured by the truck, or at least being UNDER the truck?

And if she was NOT injured, i.e. fully able to fight back, why/how did she get into the truck? Did he just knock her over and grab her before she could get up (always has been my opinion)?

Well, we know she was hit by the truck at some point and the bike could have very well ended up under the truck and we do not know where exactly... So, in my opinion, no. I have never believed she was under there. As so many other things, we are getting the pieces one at a time but not a lot is yet fact. In time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllDee