LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at a map, trying to figure out BSL's plan ...I've added Venice, as we know he drove there when he'd go offshore. Hope it helps give you some ideas as to where he might leave Mickey.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...aUghjFGTxCyZwr5Dw&oq=Ocschner+&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Your post reminded me of some questions that I have...Wonder if BSL got time off work with his finger injury? Did he go off-shore on 5/23/12 as we have assumed, or was the June 20 trip from Venice the first time he had gone to work off-shore since May 19th? Maybe this has been revealed and I missed it?

What are the grips made of? Is it possible that say a box cutter/knife could just slice them and cut them off? I really have no idea what they would be made of, I just assume they are made of rubber like material.....hmmmmmm

I don't think BSL would have faffed around trying to get the grips off. Sharp knife/box cutter, cut them off and throw in water.

If he indeed remove them.

Here's a question.......How likely would it be that LE checked for local RSO's that owned a later model white Z71? (When the Circle K footage emerged)

Just wondering how early on they were on to BSL.

BBM
It doesn't seem that the grips were cut off

Tom Shunick could not believe the gold grips had been removed from the bike without being cut, he said. The only other damage to the bike — other than the rear tire being bent — that Tom Shunick noticed was a broken extra reflector that Charlie and Mickey Shunick had purchased the day before Mickey Shunick's disappearance.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...eks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case
page 5

Not sure if we will get that info due to HIPPA- remember we only new about the Ochsner visit from the police report.

Yet, the information was in the news article...my bet is that a date will leak out as well. Although, I agree with you on the principle that HIPPA privacy laws will prevent OG from ever confirming that date without a court order.

BBM

Tom Shunick could not believe the gold grips had been removed from the bike without being cut, he said. The only other damage to the bike — other than the rear tire being bent — that Tom Shunick noticed was a broken extra reflector that Charlie and Mickey Shunick had purchased the day before Mickey Shunick's disappearance.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...eks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case
page 5

I posted an e-how video on the thread earlier showing how to use an air compressor for bike grip removal...takes about 3 seconds. My thought was that a mechanic would have this tool at the ready.

Your post reminded me of some questions that I have...Wonder if BSL got time off work with his finger injury? Did he go off-shore on 5/23/12 as we have assumed, or was the June 20 trip from Venice the first time he had gone to work off-shore since May 19th? Maybe this has been revealed and I missed it?

The way I understand it he was not working due to the injury. I'm thinking he got a month off. ~ Maybe he had time accrued? Obviously it didn't stop him from burning a truck!

Does anyone know what BSL's Birth mother looks like?

Of course i'm speculating, but I have been from day one. I've had a few gut feelings from the start of all this. One of them is that BSL has done this before, and very possibly is the answer to some other missing/never found petite blondes.
So, i'm curious as to what his birth mother looks like.

Interesting angle...gives me the heebeejeebees, too.:what:

I have to agree with you. I was studying late night at a coffeeshop in Lafayette and I saw BSL there. I actually asked him if he went to iraq or afghanistan because he had on military fatigues. He said ' no they kept me here'. Unknown, to me why..because he was in jail 2000-2008. But the fact is, this man had enough money to frequent a coffeeshop; and to buy another vehicle on the spot.

I was shocked when I saw his mug shot. Having stared him in the face and said words to him before. I am sure he was stalking Lafayette for a long time b4 MS. sadly....

and so many others could be doing the same thing in other towns.

I would think LE would want to know about this coffee shop.

Yet, the information was in the news article...my bet is that a date will leak out as well. Although, I agree with you on the principle that HIPPA privacy laws will prevent OG from ever confirming that date without a court order.

The information about Opelousas General visit was in the Ind story citing unnamed source. The hospital can't release that information because of HIPPA. May leak out from unnamed sources. We heard about that visit last week, too, but TDA doesn't publish info from anonymous sources.

WD-40 IMO would get the grips off easy!

It doesn't necessarily. My husband tried WD-40 to get the grips off our son's handgrips and they moved a fraction.

Oh no, I'm sure it's quite a bit farther than that. More like 20 give or take. Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong.
MC, I do remember reading in several articles that it's 6 miles away, but that's just not right in my mind.

About 25 miles

Check out the brain on Kateinfl! Excellent point! He could've had a few tools in his truck, but Mr Shunick insisted that they would've been extremely hard to remove even if he did. I think you're on to something. Also, he wouldn't have wanted to be seen tinkering with those for a long time in public. I think his house is the only place where he could've fought with those grips till they came off (without being spotted). JMO

Maybe he stored the bike under his mobile home until he could figure out where to dispose of it.

It doesn't necessarily. My husband tried WD-40 to get the grips off our son's handgrips and they moved a fraction.

About 25 miles
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150334/Troubles-follow-suspect
The Daily Advertiser confirmed last week that Lavergne owns two properties on Constantine Road in Lafayette Parish in the Duson area. Lafayette Police Public Information Officer Cpl. Paul Mouton said that property has been checked by police in their search for Shunick.

BBM

page 5

Maybe that is just his opinion based on his experience? Is it a fact the grips weren't cut? Would LE divulge such details even to the family?

Maybe that is just his opinion based on his experience? Is it a fact the grips weren't cut? Would LE divulge such details even to the family?
The only other damage to the bike — other than the rear tire being bent — that Tom Shunick noticed was a broken extra reflector that Charlie and Mickey Shunick had purchased the day before Mickey Shunick's disappearance.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...y-Shunick-case

Sounds like they showed it to him doesn't it?

I guess he could have "noticed" from being told.
He didn't say "saw" :dunno:

But the article states "the only other damage - other than the rear tire being bent - that Tom Shunick noticed...

BBM
So I am reading it that he actually saw the bike (and possibly the grips) to be able to say that he "noticed" anything on the bike/grips.

JMOO

At first I thought this too. I mean why say the thief took your wallet, if you are going to use it later, or if you are not go through the motions of replacing it? I don't know if he did replace it or not. When he purchased the new truck he had a license and had altered it to white out the RSO status. This fact lead to the car dealership lady (God Bless) becoming suspect of him. Being able to avoid showing your license to police (in NOLA) makes good sense if you are a RSO and do not want to draw attention to this fact at a hospital; especially if the RSO status was whited out. So, to me there is a reasonable explanation for the wallet to have been stolen in his robbery story. Making me discount my initial thoughts about what if he lost the wallet during the imagined struggle with Mickey. Just my thoughts.

Of course I don't know, but possibly there is some kind of protocol @ a hospital that if a RSO come in for treatment like stab wounds, the doctors are required to check for DNA of possibly a victim. Or maybe he thought that would be the case so he made up the story about the robbery & them taking his wallet. But then again, couldn't they just run his name through a database and see he was a RSO? Either way too bad they didn't check under his nails, etc... for DNA.

What I remember reading early on, is that the handle grips were 'loosened'. Not cut or removed. I can't find where this info is now, but i'm pretty sure of it.
Why remove the handlegrips anyway? I mean, if they were found floating the BSL didn't try to remove them b/c of fingerprints. He wouldn't have left them there.
I can't figure the grips out, and it's bothersome.
From day one, I pictured Mickey gripping this bike for dear life, trying to get away. I also felt that he ran over the bike after he had Mickey, to disable it. Just a different thought, but it's been my thought. My other initial thoughts were that Mickey fought like crazy, which may be true, as it appears. And the last thought I feel strongly about, is that this guy is REALLY bad news, that he's done this/similar to this before, many times, and he'd go onto do it again if he were able. These are my gut feelings.
The handle grips, i'm puzzled about. Even if she were gripping them for dear life.... I don't get it.

CS- The reporter's error surprises me... I'm sure you saw the wrong date in the article.

A City Hall security camera captured Shunick on her bike at 1:48 a.m. July 19 on St. Landry Street near University Avenue, about the same time a white Chevrolet Z71 was caught on tape at the intersection traveling in the same direction.

Interesting about the poison ivy (if accurate). Searchers need to look for areas near water with poison ivy close by. Of course that probably describes most of Louisiana in the summer.

Added an additional thought about 2nd hospital visit: The cut to his finger may have been more severe than first thought, or scar tissue (given the fact that he has a tendency to keloid) may have been a complication that needed remedy. Wonder what the date was for the OG visit.

finger injuries don't even have to appear very severe to require surgery. If you cut a tendon then you have to repair it in order for your finger to work correctly, otherwise it will not for the rest of your life. It will be very interesting to find out how he injured himself in this way. Why did he not get surgery at the NO hospital, but then later did at a hospital closer to his home? If I read the article right that's what it sounded like to me.

I guess it is a small detail if he removed/didn't remove/cut/didn't cut the grips in the grand scheme of things.

I'm more interested in if we'll get more details after the GJ on Wednesday or if we'll have to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc