LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what BSL's Birth mother looks like?

Of course i'm speculating, but I have been from day one. I've had a few gut feelings from the start of all this. One of them is that BSL has done this before, and very possibly is the answer to some other missing/never found petite blondes.
So, i'm curious as to what his birth mother looks like.

Roughly 6 miles away.

Oh no, I'm sure it's quite a bit farther than that. More like 20 give or take. Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong.
MC, I do remember reading in several articles that it's 6 miles away, but that's just not right in my mind.

Does anyone know what BSL's Birth mother looks like?

Of course i'm speculating, but I have been from day one. I've had a few gut feelings from the start of all this. One of them is that BSL has done this before, and very possibly is the answer to some other missing/never found petite blondes.
So, i'm curious as to what his birth mother looks like.

I can agree with you that BSL may have done "this" (something similar) before. I'm not sure he targeted a petite blonde. I think there weren't many unattended females out when he was trolling. Had it been a brown haired girl who'd ridden by, I think he'd have taken her too.

LOL..except it was pointed out that the grips could have floated off from the bike being in water 6 or 7 days.

On page 5 comments from The Advertiser "Tom Shunick could not believe the gold grips had been removed from the bike without being cut, he said. The only other damage to the bike — other than the rear tire being bent — that Tom Shunick noticed was a broken extra reflector that Charlie and Mickey Shunick had purchased the day before Mickey Shunick's disappearance." http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150335/Finding-Mickey-Shunick-two-months-later?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Where did Charlie and Mickey buy the reflector for the bicycle?

I don't know though...Mr Shunick said that he greased them pretty good...which would should keep the water out if they were on that tight. I guess it's possible, but I still think he took them off.

A broken reflector could be sharp enough to make some wounds

It seems like he had a body disposal site in mind before the abduction. Makes me think his hiding spot may hold other victims.

Check out the brain on Kateinfl! Excellent point! He could've had a few tools in his truck, but Mr Shunick insisted that they would've been extremely hard to remove even if he did. I think you're on to something. Also, he wouldn't have wanted to be seen tinkering with those for a long time in public. I think his house is the only place where he could've fought with those grips till they came off (without being spotted). JMO

WD-40 IMO would get the grips off easy!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this article (http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/120715001) states that there wasn't a GPS in the burned out truck. Is it not considered a fact that BSL wasn't placed at WB by GPS according to this article and instead by placed there by other evidence or cameras at WB?

THIS IS MY OPINION:
BSL has been planning this for some time. Not targeting Mickey but planning for this type of opportunity. He has been very calculated up to the "event" in that he knew he would fulfill his needs one day, but be sure that he wasn't caught. He knew where he would dump a body well ahead of time before he ever would have attempted the kill. All was in order and he knew he'd have time and privacy at his home during this time, so it was Go Time. It planned to travel to Lafayette the nearest collage town known to have young college girls getting out of the bars at 2am. So he placed himself at this location given himself a good chance of finding a victim. He saw mickey heading towards a known vacant area and seized the opportunity. (it is also possible IMO that he saw her riding earlier in the day and watched her for hours knowing that she would ride back home the way he saw her come already and waited for that opportunity. He could have hatched a plan on how to get her off her bike during that time. I also believe her small stature was the reason he chose her) he is ready to restrain her already (ropes maybe) so he bumped her and she was disoriented. He has an MO from his previous offense of restraining women while they aren't expecting it and using their shirt as a blindfold. He isnt worried about her seeing him this time because he already has "plans", so he uses her shirt around her mouth to keep her quiet. So he immediately ties her and forces her into his vehicle and throws the bike in the back or cab. He rapes her nearby (possibly abandoned hospital or near blackham) because I don't know if he could wait. Possibly MS is able to grab something and stab him at this time making him angry. He may hit her and knock her out at this point. When BSL is done MS is in a different state. Possibly feeling temporarily defeated and horrified by what took place or knocked out. I don't believe he would risk killing her in town. So he makes sure she is well restrained for the ride back to his house. Once home he possibly does more thinking he is home and feeling more comfortable, thinking this might be the last time for awhile, making it worth all the effort and taking out his anger out on MS from what he felt about being turned in years ago. I'm think strangulation because according to prior arrest he ties his victim up. Maybe some correlation with restriction of airflow just like restricting movement and escape. Also less cleanup. He knew based on her size that she could be placed in a reasonably sized bag without dismemberment (too messy) or much attention. it would be unsespect for him to carry baggage with his job. I would think that upon death by any means a person releases waste or urine?? So this could have lead to the home cleanup inside and later underneath just in case. He cleaned the vehicle and interior house of anything suspect and of any of his blood. He loaded up "the bag" while the bike was still in the DWT and headed for his pre-planned disposal area. And took some time somewhere in between to review his steps for the next 24 hrs and story about his wounds up to his next RSO check-in before going in the Oshner. Probably to establish an explanation for his injuries so his RSO check-in would go smoothly. I think once the DWT images surfaced it was A lot more desperate actions.

Wherever she is I believe he chose it ahead of time a long time ago because he didn't want to be caught. His first arrest was planned, so I believe this one had huge elements of planning as well.
I have to agree with you. I was studying late night at a coffeeshop in Lafayette and I saw BSL there. I actually asked him if he went to iraq or afghanistan because he had on military fatigues. He said ' no they kept me here'. Unknown, to me why..because he was in jail 2000-2008. But the fact is, this man had enough money to frequent a coffeeshop; and to buy another vehicle on the spot.

I was shocked when I saw his mug shot. Having stared him in the face and said words to him before. I am sure he was stalking Lafayette for a long time b4 MS. sadly....

and so many others could be doing the same thing in other towns.

I think that it was premeditated due to the fact that biking is like driving to girls like Mickey, but walking is not. Walking home is considered more dangerous than cycling home. Am I making sense? Unless totally drunk, girls don't just walk home. But a these cycling girls will ride home.
This is just my opinion from knowing g a few cycling females. They don't sense danger to be as prominent as it would've if they were walking. Not many expect a truck to ride upon them and hit them. I'm they do now!

Yes, we expect that we might be hit, it's an obvious threat when you ride in the street. Yes, we do feel invincible and safe because we are a swift moving target, and if we are an experienced rider we are "hell on wheels" or so we'd like to think. ;)

It seems like he had a body disposal site in mind before the abduction. Makes me think his hiding spot may hold other victims.

I bet we are going to find out a lot about him.

No confirmation yet on date or time. We will have to see when this "surgery" occurred.

Not sure if we will get that info due to HIPPA- remember we only new about the Ochsner visit from the police report.

Whether not bsl was under anastethic under the time is up to the anathesist. He may of had a sedative and had local anaesthic to the location of the finger. His weight would put him under at risk of being under anaesthic. I also think if his finger was almost cut off they would have had to do the surgery ASAP due to risk of exposure to the finger, and they would need to repair tendons/nerves etc before they died. I think the story of almost cut his finger off is exaggerated otherwise he would of had surgery ASAP at the first hospital.

WD-40 IMO would get the grips off easy!

I figured Mr Shunick thought of that already. He said they tried everything. I'm sure at the very least they tried wd40 since she spent money on new grips. My opinion is still that Brandon used a tool on those things and fiddled with them for a while. Mr Shunick was -shocked- that the grips were off.

What are the grips made of? Is it possible that say a box cutter/knife could just slice them and cut them off? I really have no idea what they would be made of, I just assume they are made of rubber like material.....hmmmmmm

I don't think BSL would have faffed around trying to get the grips off. Sharp knife/box cutter, cut them off and throw in water.

If he indeed remove them.

Here's a question.......How likely would it be that LE checked for local RSO's that owned a later model white Z71? (When the Circle K footage emerged)

Just wondering how early on they were on to BSL.

I figured Mr Shunick thought of that already. He said they tried everything. I'm sure at the very least they tried wd40 since she spent money on new grips. My opinion is still that Brandon used a tool on those things and fiddled with them for a while. Mr Shunick was -shocked- that the grips were off.
The grips being off the bike really bother me... Just not sure what to make of it. But it does seem that new info, new peices of this puzzle continue to surface, so maybe we'll figure be able to piece this in soon.
In this case....I just wonder what the next bit of news is going to be! Of course, I hope that Mickey is finally found. Praying like crazy for that, because her loved ones really need peace. Beautiful Mickey...from all i've learned of her and her family, she's one amazing girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave