LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What could they have found to link him to the second murder? If it was DNA, wouldn't they know that before, since he would probably (I'm assuming) have his DNA on file for his RSO status?

Do we have anything here about Lisa Pate? I don't remember her case.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8147343"]LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35 - Page 62 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

KUDOS TO KTGIRL!!! :rocker:

Oh wow. My heart is very happy right now about these indictments! The words "Death penalty" relax me in cases like this. JMO This means he'll either talk, or pay the ultimate price for these crimes
JMO

Lisa Pate was the only unsolved murder of a woman in Acadia Parish I could find in the newspaper archive database through my work (at the university). I posted what I found a few days ago. All I found was she was from Lafayette and found dead several months after she went missing in 1999 under boards on someone's property in Acadia Parish and I figured she had to be his other possible victim when the Acadia Parish LE told the paper in Crowley that BSL was a suspect in an unsolved 1999 murder of a woman. I believe she was 35 when she died (and BSL would only have been 20).

Lisa Pate was the only unsolved murder of a woman I could find in the newspaper archive database through my work (at the university). I posted what I found a few days ago. All I found was she was from Lafayette and found dead several months after she went missing in 1999 under boards on someone's property in Acadia Parish and I figured she had to be his other possible victim when the Acadia Parish LE told the paper in Crowley that BSL was a suspect in an unsolved 1999 murder of a woman. I believe she was 35 when she died (and BSL would only have been 20).

KTGIRL, YOU ARE AWESOME!!! :woohoo:

Ih he killed Lisa in 1999 and was in prison from 2000-2008... I just wonder how many women/people he may have killed over the past 4 years????

So much for the hit her by accident theory~ it just flew out my window!!

What could they have found to link him to the second murder? If it was DNA, wouldn't they know that before, since he would probably (I'm assuming) have his DNA on file for his RSO status?

Maybe he was in possesion of her ID

Yes, that's what I read, too. I felt in my gut he was related to that case.

Same here. Does anyone know much about that case? I wonder why they couldn't seem to pin it on him the first time when he was a POI? They must have found her ID or belongings or something inside of his house when they got a warrant for Mickey. I wonder if there were more then 2 IDs found and if they are waiting to indict/still gathering evidence for other crimes.

Here's what I posted on 7/14 ref Lisa Pate:

Originally Posted by ktgirl
Perhaps this is the unsolved murder BSL was a POI in back in 1999?

"Another Lafayette woman, Lisa Pate, 35, was found dead underneath some
boards behind a house near Church Point in Oct. 1999.....
Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail
for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said."

This article was written when Dene Colomb was murdered (it's about unsolved murders in the area and serial killers), so BSL would have been in jail at the time....

http://biere.louisiana.edu:2194/iw-s...&p_queryname=4
If that link doesn't work for you, this one may:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?f...me/oc58dXgNuvA

I can't find anything else about her.

I don't think we know yet exactly what the other murder charge was related to.

http://theadvocate.com/news/3380433-123/lavergne-indicted-in-deaths-of

LAFAYETTE — Brandon Scott Lavergne was indicted Wednesday on two counts of first-degree murder, one involving missing cyclist Michaela Shunick and the other the death of Lisa Pate on July 3, 1999.

The grand jury met all day Wednesday and returned the indictments at 5:45 p.m.

The state will be seeking the death penalty in both cases, according to a news release from the 15th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.:what::what::what:

I hope Lisa Pate's family will come out and give interviews. Tell us more about her, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc