LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please pray that he comes clean. I'm convinced there are many more deaths he's responsible for.

well my fellow ws, this was the day we were waiting for! prayers for everyone involved. attorneys, families, le, and to bring mickey home!! remember to have a moment of silence tonight at 10 pm central time! ill be googling from my iphone tonight! big hugs for all of you today.

IIRC it was while stationed at Fort Polk in Army. Possibly around Deridder.

Prayers for Mickey :angel:to come home soon!

Prayers for justice.

The article I read, and posted a link to up there somewhere says Lafayette.

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
In addition to being indicted for the murder of Mickey Shunick, a grand jury indicted Brandon Lavergne for Lisa Pate's murder in 1999. Pate, of Youngsville, went missing in June 1999, and her body was discovered three months later in September under three large boards in a grassy field northwest of Church Point in Acadia Parish. Anthropologists at LSU used dental records to make positively identify Pate. Pate had three young children

All I can say is Mickey, you did not die in vain girl, you have stopped a predator and are a real heroine. God Bless Mickey!!!!

WAY TO GO MICKEY!!

:banghead: This mad man has been stopped!! No cure for evil... man, no cure.

What could they have found to link him to the second murder? If it was DNA, wouldn't they know that before, since he would probably (I'm assuming) have his DNA on file for his RSO status?

I wonder if it's related to the drivers licenses/id cards they found

Gosh, just back from dinner. Wonderful news.
I cannot remember exactly which thread or page, but someone (was that you ktgirl) that took a walkie man down some roads and the Colomb girls memorial cross was on the road. We commented on that area being isolated and remote and a place to hide something. Wonder if they have searched that area for Mickey.
Praise the Lord. He will not be killing more women. I agree he very likely has additional victims. WOW.

Holy smokes!!! How many more are there??? I felt there had to be more, lets just pray LE can now put many more puzzle pieces together for other families!
WOW just WOW!:notgood:

Prayers got out to Mickey's family, praying justice will be swift. May Mickey be found.:rose:

I'm sorry but I cannot believe that there's not a couple of other victims somewhere.

I feel like there might be more they are just gathering more evidence/trying to figure this whole mess out, no one knows what was found in that house or how many ID cards were found, etc.

~jmo he wills ing like a bird now! to save himself...

'I disagree unless a prosecution strategy is used as was used in the Gary Ridgeway; Green River Serial Killer prosecution.

BSL. has many unknowns...Serial killers seldom confess...

his rape victim is truly lucky. what made him choose not to kill her?? how does that even get worked out in their minds??

I was not convinced that BSL was a serial killer just yet, although I had a feeling he may well have been on the way to becoming one if he had not been charged in Mickey's death. However, if there really is evidence that he is responsible for Lisa Pate's death in 1999, and apparently there was enough to get an indictment, I am not at all comfortable with the thought that Mickey is his first victim since his release in '08. I really hope that LE keeps digging. There may well be others.

Who is crying with me??

No kidding. Even though this is exactly what we wanted and expected to hear today, it still takes your breath away. Can't begin to imagine the shock and pain in the schunick family right now. Thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne