LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, since the remains of Lisa Pate were found during the reign of DTL the Baton Rouge serial killer, LE thought he could've been the culprit...however, something led them to believe this wasn't so and then they turned to "someone already in jail on OTHER CHARGES.

There is still a woman from Carencro who is missing too I believe, though at the moment I don't have a name...but it makes me think....

I can't remember because I'm getting cases mixed up but is there a timeline of where he's lived since before and after 1999?

I just KNEW he was a serial killer! Justice for Mickey and Lisa! You're going DOWN!

Does the charge basically in a round about way say that we are 100% sure Mickey is no longer with us?

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
In addition to being indicted for the murder of Mickey Shunick, a grand jury indicted Brandon Lavergne for Lisa Pate's murder in 1999. Pate, of Youngsville, went missing in June 1999, and her body was discovered three months later in September under three large boards in a grassy field northwest of Church Point in Acadia Parish. Anthropologists at LSU used dental records to make positively identify Pate. Pate had three young children

just to study his "patterns" I wonder how far her body was found from where she went missing (might give some insight into where he may have put Mickey)?

How are we ever going to sleuth 2 cases and keep up with it? Should I put in my 2 weeks notice or just take vacation time?

i guess that's where the confusion was coming this morning from whether it was 1st or 2nd degree murder charge. they really meant 2 1st degree murder charges!!! geez!!

I can't remember because I'm getting cases mixed up but is there a timeline of where he's lived since before and after 1999?

Not that I've seen but I'd like to make one. I need help tho. I don't know what we are starting with.

I was not convinced that BSL was a serial killer just yet, although I had a feeling he may well have on teh way to becoming one if he had not been charged in Mickey's death. However, if there really is evidence that he is responsible for Lisa Pate's death in 1999, and apparently there was enough to get an indictment, I am not at all comfortable with the thought that Mickey is his first victim since his release in '08. I really hope that LE keeps digging. There may well be others.

In my book if you have two of anything, you have a collection...if you have two murders by the same person...you have a serial killer. My opinion of course.

I firmly believe these two girls are not his only victims.
To think, he was going to church and what not trying to appear to be so holy...
Or taking family photos with his mother, like nothing was wrong in life.

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes known as a notorious serial killer later on, with the likes of Bundy, Dahmner, Gacey.

'I disagree unless a prosecution strategy is used as was used in the Gary Ridgeway; Green River Serial Killer prosecution.

BSL. has many unknowns...Serial killers seldom confess...

Unless they are bargaining for their lives and use the location of a victim as a bargaining chip.

Bundy bargained up to the day he was executed, promising LE that he'd give locations of some victims in exchange for a stay of execution. LE didn't play his game.

I'm not saying BSL is a SK like Bundy, just using that as an example.

Does the charge basically in a round about way say that we are 100% sure Mickey is no longer with us?

I was thinking about that and the meaning that has for the Shunick family. I certainly hope LE let them know beforehand, or had someone there advising them simultaneous to the GJ hearing.

I'm curious if there are any similarities between MS and Lisa Pate and the circumstances under which they both disappeared. Ever since we found out about BSL has anyone been sleuthing to see if there are any other missing/murdered girls BSL could be tied to?

I firmly believe these two girls are not his only victims.
To think, he was going to church and what not trying to appear to be so holy...
Or taking family photos with his mother, like nothing was wrong in life.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes known as a notorious serial killer later on, with the likes of Bundy, Dahmner, Gacey.

His poor family right now. I would truly be disgusted to know that I was close to and fooled by a serial killer. This has to be so hard on them. My thoughts and prayers are with them as well as the Shunick family and now the Pate family as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne