LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
24-year-old Danielle Thibodeaux of Breaux Bridge's badly decomposed body was found by a hunter in Oct 99. I wonder if they will be able to tie him to her death as well.

just to study his "patterns" I wonder how far her body was found from where she went missing (might give some insight into where he may have put Mickey)?

Besides leaving her body at the other location, I am wondering if he has a connection to that property? Why there?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 728 (146 members and 582 guests)

A grand jury has indicted Brandon Scott Lavergne for the first degree murder of Mickey Shunick, and he's been indicted for the first degree murder of Lisa Pate who was found dead in 1999. Jurors found enough evidence to indict him on the charges. 15th Judicial District Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes presented the state's evidence against Lavergne, who was arrested on July 5. KATC's Jim Hummel will be live at the Lafayette Parish Courthouse at 6:00, and KATC'S Maddie Garrett will be live with Mickey's family at the Mickey Shunick Headquarters.

http://www.facebook.com/katctv3?ref=ts

Psychopathic Sadistical Sexual predator Brandon Scott Lavergne is officially defined as a serial Killer according to a revised definition by the FBI in a 2005 symposium...BSL has been active for over 13 years & possibly 2 decades imo.
Mickey Shunick & Lisa Pate aren't his only victims...He has many unknowns, imo..

Mickey Schunick; a kindred spirit is the reason for his capture. She fought him; mind, body, & spirit..she still is...

"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.deviantcrimes.com/defineserialmurder.htm
Serial murder is the intentional killing of two or more victims, at separate times and is primarily predatory in nature. Before each murder, there is a building of tension through fantasy, which is then relieved by the murder. With an ultimate goal of murdering a victim, each victim represents an intrinsic motive that fulfills a psychological need of the offender.

Going out on a limb here, but perhaps the Independent did get it right!

It is difficult to look up unsolved murders in LA, as all of the links go right to the Jennings murders...I tried this a few times last week.

All I can say is Mickey, you did not die in vain girl, you have stopped a predator and are a real heroine. God Bless Mickey!!!!

Yes, Mickey Shunick is a heroine! Amazing girl.
Thank you, Mickey.

At first, since the remains of Lisa Pate were found during the reign of DTL the Baton Rouge serial killer, LE thought he could've been the culprit...however, something led them to believe this wasn't so and then they turned to "someone already in jail on OTHER CHARGES.

There is still a woman from Carencro who is missing too I believe, though at the moment I don't have a name...but it makes me think....

Is this the Baton Rouge serial killer case?
Did they catch that guy?

Published on December 27, 2002, The Advocate (Baton Rouge, La.)
Five Acadiana murders still open

LAFAYETTE - Acadiana-area law enforcement investigators have at least five open cases of women found dead since 1994, but they don't think any of them are related to the serial killings in Baton Rouge and Lafayette.DNA evidence has attributed the deaths of four women - three in Baton Rouge - to the same killer.Monday's revelation that the same person killed 23-year-old Trineishia Dene Colomb of Lafayette has expanded the scope of the

ETA link to full article

How are we ever going to sleuth 2 cases and keep up with it? Should I put in my 2 weeks notice or just take vacation time?

I was already sleuthing two, as I have been following Kelli Bordeaux's case since her disappearance three months ago. She is why I came here, and Mickey is why I joined. So much evil in the world :(

Did they catch that guy?

LAFAYETTE - Acadiana-area law enforcement investigators have at least five open cases of women found dead since 1994, but they don't think any of them are related to the serial killings in Baton Rouge and Lafayette.DNA evidence has attributed the deaths of four women - three in Baton Rouge - to the same killer.Monday's revelation that the same person killed 23-year-old Trineishia Dene Colomb of Lafayette has expanded the scope of the

Some of those took place while he was in jail.

Did they catch that guy?

Does this article have a link?

What is done is done and we cant rewind time and undo what this evil person has done to Mickey, Lisa and probably more women (while he was free) in his lifetime but Thank God, Mickey had the courage and bravery to fight back and leave her mark so he could be caught and locked up like the animal he is. I had my doubts at first about this being his first but over the past two weeks that opinion has changed, I would like to know if he could be responsible now for the girls that have been missing from here in Conroe and spring which is where his alleged sister lives (correct) Conroe is about 10 minutes away. Scary scary thought. RIP Mickey baby and Lisa may your families began the healing process.

If the part about ID's is true and Mickey's and Lisa's were found, he should have had others if there are other victims. Collecting a specific item from each victim is a trait that is common for serial murderers.

Since he was already a suspect at one time in Lisa's murder, I believe, then they probably already had some circumstantial evidence on him and something in the home search provided enough to charge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw