LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think this makes him less likely to reveal where Mickey's body is. If they are seeking the death penalty in both cases, I'm not so sure they'd drop that possibility in the other case to reveal where her body is.

Hey Nutkin -- just using your post as a jumping off place. :)

I recall that the Baton Rouge profiler listed "braggart" as a descriptor of who the perp would be in this case. I have wondered if this is true for BSL; and, if so, will he have a need to brag about how he committed this crime, how he got rid of the body, etc., to someone...at some point. Maybe some of you (with expertise in this type of thing) will share your view?

In my book if you have two of anything, you have a collection...if you have two murders by the same person...you have a serial killer. My opinion of course.

It does behoove us to keep in mind that these are indictments, not convictions.

North (northwest?) also.... the opposite way from NOLA...
hmmm...

There is something important about Route I-49 that people who are not from this area should know. It is the new interstate and the fastest way to get anywhere from Lafayette. It is all smooth paved interstate with a faster speed limit most places. If I was trying to make the most out-of-state miles the fastest to Texas, that is the route I would take. So you know.

Let me preference this by saying typing it makes me sick....

Could BSL have placed Mickey somewhere immediately after her death, gone to NOLA for medical care, got nervous and moved her body (and came into contact with poison ivy and further hurt his finger that Oschner had provided cared for in the process), and then gone to Opelousas General for treatment for poison ivy and the finger?

And could he have moved the body from wherever he initially placed it to Atlanta, TX in that time frame? Or could he even have placed it the second time in Acadia Parish or near his home but then removed it again much later (and after the visit to Opelousas General) to bring it to Atlanta, TX before burning his truck four hours away an hour outside of Spring?

Hope that makes sense.

I was thinking of this possibility too. It seems pretty risky to leave a body somewhere and then go to the ER as an RSO with cuts and wounds but then again by this time no one knew that Mickey was even missing (didn't her family not report her missing until after her brothers graduation party?).

It seems as if he has "learned from his mistakes" after each crime he has done. EX - 1st he rapes his GF cousin, learns that he shouldn't rape people he knows (she recognized his voice), leave DNA evidence behind, realizes that he should kill his rape victims so they can't tell anyone but then his 2nd crime - didn't hide her body good enough because she was found in a field under some boards and he was brought into questioning about it, realizes that he didn't hide her well enough so I'm wondering after he got out of jail he figured out a better way for him to get away with his sick activities which is why they haven't charged him with other murders (because LE had no idea/haven't found more bodies yet as well as Mickey).

He seems to like fire so I'm wondering if he started to burn his victims and scatter the remains all over so they are impossible to find. I would think someone would notice the horrible smell or see the smoke and report it though. Not often you smell a dead burning body and I'm pretty sure if you noticed someone would report it!

A grand jury has indicted Brandon Scott Lavergne for the first degree murder and he's been indicted for first degree murder of Lisa Pate who was found dead in 1999. Jurors found enough evidence to indict him on the charges. 15th Judicial District Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes presented the state's evidence against Lavergne, who was arrested on July 5. KATC's Jim Hummel will be live at the Lafayette Parish Courthouse at 6:00, and KATC'S Maddie Garrett will be live with Mickey's family at the Mickey Shunick Headquarters.

Just got home....O. M. G. Speechless. Ice running through my veins. Thank god this man is off the streets...wonder how many more poor victims he has. Horrified.

This needs reposting IMO and we should look at the cases on this list that remain unsolved and may possibly be linked to Brandon Scott Lavergne, or as I like to call him B.S. Lavergne, because he is full of it! The thought of what he's done in the past, just makes me want to :puke:

Slaying similarities examined in other Acadiana area murders

Some of these murders occurred when he was in jail, but there are others in this list that may be connected to him. Take a good look:

:websleuther:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

There is something important about Route I-49 that people who are not from this area should know. It is the new interstate and the fastest way to get anywhere from Lafayette. It is all smooth paved interstate with a faster speed limit most places. If I was trying to make the most out-of-state miles the fastest to Texas, that is the route I would take. So you know.
:what: wow! Thank you for sharing!!!

I haven't been able to find a good link orginal article from the Advocate (Baton Rouge paper) but someone linked it here from a google group which I'm not sure is allowed...I'm really trying to find a legit link. Some of those victims were DTL's.

I tried locating the original article, but closest I can find is a link to purchase an archived copy. I'll keep looking, though.

I would like to know where he kept these "trophies" (the womens ids) and how they were not burned up in the fire at his house, and I also wonder how long he had them, if they go back to before he was in jail

Let me preference this by saying typing it makes me sick....

Could BSL have placed Mickey somewhere immediately after her death, gone to NOLA for medical care, got nervous and moved her body (and came into contact with poison ivy and further hurt his finger that Oschner had provided cared for in the process), and then gone to Opelousas General for treatment for poison ivy and the finger?

And could he have moved the body from wherever he initially placed it to Atlanta, TX in that time frame? Or could he even have placed it the second time in Acadia Parish or near his home but then removed it again much later (and after the visit to Opelousas General) to bring it to Atlanta, TX before burning his truck four hours away an hour outside of Spring?

Hope that makes sense.

ETA: I hate that I want this body in Texas to be Mickey even though how far it is from Spring makes it unlikely just because I want her family to have her remains. NOW. And for this to be the worst day of BSL's life: indicted on 2 murder charges and Mickey's body found all in one day. (The worst say until he's found guilty, that is).
I don't know if you saw my earlier post, but it's almost directly up Rt. 49 from Church Point to Atlanta, Tx.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...fipj-imT0xoXaiQ0hjGyuNNHtah7-Q&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

If BL was a suspect in Lisa's murder way back then, he must have made some mistakes, or have been the last person to be seen with her, just not enough technology perhaps to actually catch him. I still am not 100% convinced he is so smart and cunning. JMO

Or would the timeline have to do with him being molested as a child and given up for adoption. Not sure which came first. But refer to Kissy's postings on the KLFY link.

http://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10/posts/419278251445014?comment_id=4577716&offset=0&total_comments=56

Sad Sad situation with no winners.

God Bless you tonite Mickey dear.

"BSL, had many enablers over the years, imo".. His evil deeds and destiny would have been obvious to those with perception.. They know who they are and should be ashamed for their silence.. We are all witnessing the devastating results of inaction & silence...

Hare Psychopathy Checklist
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist"]Hare Psychopathy Checklist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Who was keeping his prized Lisa possessions and any of the other girls possessions during that 8 year lock up?

Hm...

I firmly believe these two girls are not his only victims.
To think, he was going to church and what not trying to appear to be so holy...Or taking family photos with his mother, like nothing was wrong in life.

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes known as a notorious serial killer later on, with the likes of Bundy, Dahmner, Gacey.
----------------

My bold above. Wondering if anyone else here has studied the rapist/murderer:

Dennis Rader, otherwise known as BTK

Fine church-goin' fella. He also collected ID's of women.

I think Foxfire will have something to say about that.

Yeah, I think he let the rape victim go because he knew her (the one who he was jailed for - kudos to that woman for reporting it and for standing her ground when police didn't believe her BTW! at least that was 8 years he wasn't able to murder and rape!). She recognized his voice as Brandon, her cousin's boyfriend, so we know they had met before.

He maybe couldn't bring himself to kill her because she was less of an object to him or something. She likely knew something about her and was able to see her as a person in a way he could not see Mickey, Lisa, or any other woman he randomly came into contact with. For example, DTL regularly abused his wife and mistress but he didn't kill either. I've always assumed that's because he either knew he was too close to them and would be a suspect or because they on some level were humans to him (or more human than his victims).

Hope that makes sense.

He was arrested in April 1999 for the rape offense, but not sentenced until Feb. 2000. So he must've been out on bail I'd assume when he murdered Lisa Pate? Maybe since his first victim reported him, he chose not to leave any more living victims to turn him in and that's why Lisa Pate was murdered but not the first victim. Sick. Seems like he was out of control in 1999-2000, wonder what happened to cause that? Rape, murder, marriage, domestic violence, prison, divorce - wow.

This is amazing news. I wasn't expecting 2 counts of murder to come down today. Maybe they can link him to some of the other unsolved cases in LA and TX.

I tried locating the original article, but closest I can find is a link to purchase an archived copy. I'll keep looking, though.

I haven't been able to find the original article either, but I think it's from 2002

Slaying similarities examined
Five Acadiana murders still open
By KEVIN BLANCHARD and MELISSA MOORE
Acadiana bureau
The Baton Rouge Advocate

The problem is that we need to consider murder cases from 2008 up until recently, as well as some of these older ones, as the chances are high that he is involved in more than the 2 he is presently charged with. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub