LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her remains were skeletal, there is no way they could pin her time of death down to a single day. The only way they could determine that is if the killer told them or it was written down somewhere.

Or he took pictures.

The longer it has been since death, the less accurate the autopsy will be when it states the time of death.

I just thought of this - could they have found a journal? With dates and names? Maybe he kept a journal or a log? OMG....not saying they did, but it would help explain the missing in June, yet saying he killed her on July 3rd.
Just my mind wandering again.

I was thinking he probably went to the hospital for something to cover his butt that time as well....or some alibi that they have on paper!!!

I joined WS for the MS case (which I'm beyond that now and a total addict lol) and have been lurking since the arrest. I was SURPRISED, for lack of a better term, when I heard about the 2nd murder.....just....wow! I'm sure there's more....let's hope they'll be able to link him!

Ugh, I wish I had paid more attention to the initial stats on BSL's SO page. I'm reading that they now have 'Scar on Hand (Surgery on right hand) ' Was that there before? If not, does that confirm that he did indeed have surgery on his hand, and it's not just speculation that he had surgery on it (whether it be at OGH or elsewhere)?

Someone said something about the trailers he lived in. Did I miss something or did you post pictures? or was it just references to things inside his current trailer?

It is nothing like bipolar disorder. This is a creep, who was not very intelligent, trying to cover up a murder. Pure and simple. It has nothing to do with a mental disorder.

I agree. My sis has bi-polar. Her thing is redecorating her home. She loves to tear up baths and kitchens. When she is in the zone she is amazing. I've seen her demo and re-tile a bath with razor sharp precision/focus that would make Ty Pennington proud. She recently redid her entire bath in two days.

So bi-polar people obsessing are detailed.( at least in my family) His seems more compulsively driven and then he worry's about all the other crap later. In this instance, covering his tracks-- seems like he needs a few tips from my sis.

I just thought of this - could they have found a journal? With dates and names? Maybe he kept a journal or a log? OMG....not saying they did, but it would help explain the missing in June, yet saying he killed her on July 3rd.

I was wondering the same thing myself.

Possibly a journal, yes,
..or he documented his evil deeds with photo/video, that's another possible explanation.

interesting...here is a partial list of missing or unsolved murders during the time they were looking for the SK Derrick Todd Lee. Obviously some on the list ended up being linked to DTL, and now Lisa Pate (the top name on the page) has been linked to BSL. Wonder how many more will be linked to BSL.

Click here to view link to list

'So now we have 3+ Serial Killers that were active at about the same time in Louisiana'... The FBI estimates 50 active in the US at any given time..
Do the math & consider the Trucker Serial Killer Iniative by the FBI...

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/on_assignment/fbi-links-serial-killers-interstates

"Silence by LE via the MS Media in missing persons investigations only causes more innocent victim's lives and mounting cold cases"...

"I think that we have all witnessed the valuable resource of the American public in the Mickey Schunick investigation".. "When will they learn"?

Rest in Peace Mickey Schunick...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGyOtU3Es_s&feature=related"]Prayer of St Francis Assisi sung by Sarah McLachlan - YouTube[/ame]

"We are learning much more about Lisa Pate, the woman Brandon Lavergne is accused of killing in 1999. Her family tells TV-10 her boys are happy justice will be served after 13 years and wish it could have been sooner. Please tune into TV-10 at 10pm to learn more about Lisa's story. We will also hear from Mickey Shunick's family. Our thoughts here in the TV-10 newsroom are with the families of Mickey and Lisa during this emotional time."

It is nothing like bipolar disorder. This is a creep, who was not very intelligent, trying to cover up a murder. Pure and simple. It has nothing to do with a mental disorder.

...he is ruled by rage and self-loathing narcissism (how's that for irony?) and unfit to be among the rest of the world. Ever.

I keep picturing him having a "shrine" sort of thing hidden, as in ID's, girls possessions, maybe a journal like another poster said, pictures of them "Before" and "after"... It's just disgusting and shocking to think about.

I wonder if he is still going to cry innocent after he is found GUILTY

At this point, I would not be shocked if he took pictures.

That could be how LE "knows" she's dead and BSL is the only one that "knows" where she is.

Maybe the "crime scene" (for Mickey) was on a SIM card or something?
Easy enough to hide... it's not like a box of photos that might get discovered....

Like I posted earlier, those were DTL's victims. But, Danielle Thibodeaux is mentioned in that article and she was not linked with those victims.

I strongly feel Danielle Thibodeaux is likely one of his victims based on location (Breaux Bridge) and year (1999).

I also feel Dorothy Evyonne Rosier is a possible victim. She disappeared from Pineville, LA in 2010. She was 26, 5'0" tall, 100lbs, and quite beautiful. Pineville is an hour and half car trip north from Church Point on I-49. I have posted it before, but here's her missing site from the Louisiana Repositiory for Missing People:
http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=584
I wish I knew how to put her pic in my post on a tablet, but I don't. :( She looks somewhat like Lisa Pate to me based on the pic the news channel had of Lisa that some of you posted here.

Someguy, can you confirm the Cajunnet rumor that BSL spent sometime in the mental hospital at Pineville at one point years ago, thus making him familar with the area?

I agree with 75Scout...as awful as it is, LE may have photo (video), time -stamped material recovered from his premises that allow them to state definitively the time of death for the victims...:(

That could be how LE "knows" she's dead and BSL is the only one that "knows" where she is.

Maybe the "crime scene" (for Mickey) was on a SIM card or something?
Easy enough to hide... it's not like a box of photos that might get discovered....

That's very possible....
He could've had pictures on his computer, on his phone, every where. He probably got off on reviewing this at a later time.

Digital photos now, you can easily see when they were taken.
But in 1999, the case for that might've been differently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee