LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know he and his lawyers will play the "insanity" card.

I don't think that will even make it to court. He is not insane; he tried very hard to cover his tracks. Legally insane=you don't know what you did was wrong.

What worries me right now, not knowing what evidence they have, is that they do not have a cause of death for Lisa (as far as we know-they said they assumed it was a homicide due to where she was found) and do not have Mickey's body. So they can't show how either woman died. (Unless of course he wrote it down or took pictures.)

I keep picturing him having a "shrine" sort of thing hidden, as in ID's, girls possessions, maybe a journal like another poster said, pictures of them "Before" and "after"... It's just disgusting and shocking to think about.

I wonder if he is still going to cry innocent after he is found GUILTY

I hope that somehow all this will flush out the Jennings serial-killer.
We need a clean sweep. Too many girls missing down here.

I wonder Chicken (and I know BSL was jailed for MOST of the time when the majority of the Jennings murders happened)...it's a stretch but it's almost like BSL got wind of a serial killer operating in & around BR (or at least a lot of women going missing/murdered with no one seemingly doing much), so he put together there was a serial killer in BR they were focusing on and went on a little killing spree (hope it was little) in the late 1990s and got away with it, with many believeing the murders/missing women might be related to the BR killings/disapearances. When he was released in 2008, he knew Jennings had a SK. Maybe some of the post-2008 killing were his work? I know all of the victims hung out in the same places/social group, and this was stuff he could find out on the internet and TV shows about the murders. He could then drive to Jennings, find women in the area of the drug house many of the victims were seen at, etc and abduct them. I mean, I am not familar with Jennings at all but feel confident I could find the areas their social groups frequented and many worked (the fast food places, for example), simply by reading the Jennings thread on WS, doing some Google earth searching, & getting in my car. I am sure plenty of them walked all over and I'd probably see someone who knew all of most of the victims walking by these places at some point. I especially wonder about the last victim (2009):

Necole Jean Guillory, 26, was found dead on Aug. 19, 2009, along Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish. Acadia Parish Coroner Mark Dawson said asphyxiation was a cause of death. Guillory was known to frequent the same places as the other seven victims. She was last seen three days before the discovery of her body.

The others were found in/around Jennings. This woman was found along the exit near Crowley (I believe), pretty darn close to Church Point.

I am probably reaching, but I think you're right, Chicken, that this will indeed flush that situation out (and likely none will be victims of BSL). I hope so, anyway. Those women have been written off for too long because of their lifestyles. They may not have been middle class college girls with families who had the means to make a big fuss in the community & media like - thank god - the Shunicks have, but they were someone's daughter, sister, mother, etc.

Hrm. First thing, BSL served in military at Fort Polk. So he was very familiar with taking I-49 towards Leesville. If you take I-49 now, you go to Shreveport and if you go north from Shreveport but you are trying to get out of Louisiana -- you would go north to Arkansas OR cross over on the quickest highway -- go about 30 minutes or so in -- and then look for a place to dump a body. I have mixed feelings -- but -- have they identified the body in Atlanta Texas? I say that is possible. But he would have had to hide the body and then take that trip at a later date -- like maybe right before he burns the truck.

I-49 in some parts in the 1990s was not finished. I lived in the Alexandria area for 1993 to 2000.

I agree. My sis has bi-polar. Her thing is redecorating her home. She loves to tear up baths and kitchens. When she is in the zone she is amazing. I've seen her demo and re-tile a bath with razor sharp precision/focus that would make Ty Pennington proud. She recently redid her entire bath in two days.

So bi-polar people obsessing are detailed.( at least in my family) His seems more compulsively driven and then he worry's about all the other crap later. In this instance, covering his tracks-- seems like he needs a few tips from my sis.

It has been called the "brilliant madness" because most affected with bi-polar disorder are exceptionally bright. Think Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln and others. I worked for a bi-polar lawyer who terrorized the staff when he went off his lithium. But he is one of the top environmental lawyers in the country, so his partners put up with it due to his "rainmaker" status.

I have not read nor does BSL fit into that category. IMHO.

Not much new info on Lisa Pate, but it does have a different pic of her...

http://planet1051.com/the-story-of-...that-brandon-scott-lavergne-was-indicted-for/

I have said it before and I will say it again regarding violent sex offenders - first strike and you are out! (and no, I don't mean the 18 year old with the 17 year old girlfriend... I don't even mean the disgusting student/teacher things - I mean the violent offender with concrete dna!) How many chances should they get?!?

I don't think that will even make it to court. He is not insane; he tried very hard to cover his tracks. Legally insane=you don't know what you did was wrong.

What worries me right now, not knowing what evidence they have, is that they do not have a cause of death for Lisa (as far as we know-they said they assumed it was a homicide due to where she was found) and do not have Mickey's body. So they can't show how either woman died. (Unless of course he wrote it down or took pictures.)

They must have evidence directly connecting him. Likely from the killer, himself. Seems like he liked to keep things.

ugh this made me sick to my stomach: (bbm)

"Lavergne was also indicted on first degree murder charge for the death of 34 year old Lisa Pate. Pate was last seen in Lafayette in June of 1999, and according to today's indictment, is believed to have been killed on or around July 3, 1999. Her remains were found in Church Point, LA, in late September of that year. "

Ugh. So he might have kept her and done horrible things to her. :( I pray that the family gets answers and closure now after all these years.

SOURCE LINK: http://www.kplctv.com/story/19059091/brandon-scott-lavergne

If she was last seen in June, I wonder how they know she was killed around July 3rd if they didn't find her body until late Sept??

Catching up, sorry if this has been asked! I couldn't wait to ask!

I strongly feel Danielle Thibodeaux is likely one of his victims based on location (Breaux Bridge) and year (1999).

I also feel Dorothy Evyonne Rosier is a possible victim. She disappeared from Pineville, LA in 2010. She was 26, 5'0" tall, 100lbs, and quite beautiful. Pineville is an hour and half car trip north from Church Point on I-49. I have posted it before, but here's her missing site from the Louisiana Repositiory for Missing People:
http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=584
I wish I knew how to put her pic in my post on a tablet, but I don't. :( She looks somewhat like Lisa Pate to me based on the pic the news channel had of Lisa that some of you posted here.

Someguy, can you confirm the Cajunnet rumor that BSL spent sometime in the mental hospital at Pineville at one point years ago, thus making him familar with the area?

I cannot find ANYTHING on danielle?!?! Is the spelling right? I saw Dorothy went missing from her home they thought?! Not to say BSL couldn't be involved...doesn't seem like his thing unless he new her.

If she was last seen in June, I wonder how they know she was killed around July 3rd if they didn't find her body until late Sept??

Today's forensics are truly astounding.

They could have retested some things...stage of decomposition and things like that.

There's also the possibility he admitted to it, highly unlikely, but possible.

If her remains were skeletal, there is no way they could pin her time of death down to a single day. The only way they could determine that is if the killer told them or it was written down somewhere.

maybe BSL was seen with her or someone matching her description that day???

still in disbelief.....had to hold back the tears so my husband wouldnt see me cry. he already thinks im crazy as it is. i almost feel relief for the Shunick family, since it seems more likely hell never walk free again now, as unfortunate as it is. Thankful for the other family as well for the chance to know what happened.

Not much new info on Lisa Pate, but it does have a different pic of her...

http://planet1051.com/the-story-of-...that-brandon-scott-lavergne-was-indicted-for/

I have said it before and I will say it again regarding violent sex offenders - first strike and you are out! (and no, I don't mean the 18 year old with the 17 year old girlfriend... I don't even mean the disgusting student/teacher things - I mean the violent offender with concrete dna!) How many chances should they get?!?

Looks like the same pic to me...

Like you, I prefer the source.
FWIW I have googled several complete phrases from the article and do not come up with any hits except here and at the site it was posted.
Usually I can find a link easily by doing that and in this case I cannot locate the original article.
The article is legitimate. I searched the Baton Rouge Advocate archives and got the following information:
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...rpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no
Search Results
Searched for: murders AND date(12/27/2002 to 12/27/2002)

Returned: 1 displays of 1 matches

Five Acadiana murders still open

Author: KEVIN BLANCHARD and MELISSA MOORE Acadiana bureau
Date: December 27, 2002
Publication: The Advocate (Baton Rouge, La.)
Page: 1 B

LAFAYETTE - Acadiana-area law enforcement investigators have at least five open cases of women found dead since 1994, but they don't think any of them are related to the serial killings in Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

DNA evidence has attributed the deaths of four women - three in Baton Rouge - to the same killer.

Monday's revelation that the same person killed 23-year-old Trineishia Dene Colomb of Lafayette has expanded the scope of the...
Click here for complete article ($2.95)

Today's forensics are truly astounding.

They could have retested some things...stage of decomposition and things like that.

There's also the possibility he admitted to it, highly unlikely, but possible.

Forensics can be very, very advanced, but I don't think they're at the point of pinpointing an exact date of death from bones.

There's an article that speaks of how bones can be affected by certain weather conditions, animals around body, micro-organisms, etc.

TOD estimates based on environmental factors are from research in Tennessee (Body Farm) as follows:
3 weeks -- articulated bones
5 weeks -- some scatter, some articulated
4 months -- disarticulated, within 10' circle
7 to 8 months -- most bones w/in 10' circle and all w/in 20'
1 year -- small bones missing, complete disarticulation
2 to 4 years -- some bones broken, scatterd 40', some large bones missing
12+ years -- bone rot; partial burial*
15 to 20 years -- no surface evidence
* partial burial from leaves, storms, erosion from shallow burial

http://www.anthro4n6.net/forensics/

recognition and thanks should go to the first girl who had the courage to go to the police and bring charges against BSL in the first place (the rape victim)...many victims are too afraid to follow through with actually pressing charges and if she did not have the courage to follow through he may never have been charged and convicted (and served time) in the first place..he may have been able to evade scrutiny altogether. Thanks to her bravery and spirit BSL was brought to the attention of LE, prosecuted and imprisoned (sadly it seems too late for Ms. Tate)...I don't think that violent sex offenders should ever receive bail after the fact...certain actions should never be considered as "rehabilitative"...I don't believe in parole for sex offenders...in too many case the "re-offense" results in an escalation to murder...MOO...

so very true. her courage saved the public 8 years of his hunting!!

If her remains were skeletal, there is no way they could pin her time of death down to a single day. The only way they could determine that is if the killer told them or it was written down somewhere.

... or someone else who knew (or strongly suspected) told them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne